Link field

Hi all I am trying to creat a form where if i select the site name from the
combo box the address box is populated automaticaly from the master table

Rkapoor

Forgot to mention i am using access 2003

Rkapoor wrote:
>Hi all I am trying to creat a form where if i select the site name from the
>combo box the address box is populated automaticaly from the master table

Rkapoor
8/21/2007 4:23:06 PM
Have the Row Source of the combo box contain both pieces of information
(whether or not you show the address when the combo's dropped down)

In the AfterUpdate event of the combo, put code like:

Private Sub MyComboBox_AfterUpdate()

  Me.txtAddress = Me.MyComboBox.Column(2)

End Sub

This assumes that the address is in the third column of the combo box (the
Column collection starts numbering at 0)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Rkapoor via AccessMonster.com" <u36774@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi all I am trying to creat a form where if i select the site name from
> the
> combo box the address box is populated automaticaly from the master table

Douglas
8/21/2007 4:24:17 PM
this is what i entered in the code please help me if it is right

Private Sub Combo92_AfterUpdate()

    SOW.Text90 = SOW.Combo92.Column(2)

End Sub

combo 92 = combo box
text 90= where i want the text to update
sow =form name

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>Have the Row Source of the combo box contain both pieces of information
>(whether or not you show the address when the combo's dropped down)
>
>In the AfterUpdate event of the combo, put code like:
>
>Private Sub MyComboBox_AfterUpdate()
>
>  Me.txtAddress = Me.MyComboBox.Column(2)
>
>End Sub
>
>This assumes that the address is in the third column of the combo box (the
>Column collection starts numbering at 0)
>
>> Hi all I am trying to creat a form where if i select the site name from
>> the
>> combo box the address box is populated automaticaly from the master table

Rkapoor
8/21/2007 5:42:33 PM
It should be Me., not SOW.

Me is a shorthand for referring to the current form.

If you want to use the form name, you must use Forms!SOW

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

> this is what i entered in the code please help me if it is right
>
> Private Sub Combo92_AfterUpdate()
>
>    SOW.Text90 = SOW.Combo92.Column(2)
>
> End Sub
>
> combo 92 = combo box
> text 90= where i want the text to update
> sow =form name
>

> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>Have the Row Source of the combo box contain both pieces of information
>>(whether or not you show the address when the combo's dropped down)
>>
>>In the AfterUpdate event of the combo, put code like:
>>
>>Private Sub MyComboBox_AfterUpdate()
>>
>>  Me.txtAddress = Me.MyComboBox.Column(2)
>>
>>End Sub
>>
>>This assumes that the address is in the third column of the combo box (the
>>Column collection starts numbering at 0)
>>
>>> Hi all I am trying to creat a form where if i select the site name from
>>> the
>>> combo box the address box is populated automaticaly from the master
>>> table

Douglas
8/21/2007 8:57:17 PM
Thanks for saving me lot of trouble all u guys

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>It should be Me., not SOW.
>
>Me is a shorthand for referring to the current form.
>
>If you want to use the form name, you must use Forms!SOW
>
>> this is what i entered in the code please help me if it is right
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]

Rkapoor

How do I copy a worksheet without the link to the original workboo
I need to copy a worksheet that links to cells in another worksheet in the workbook. This worksheet will be copied to 300 different excel files which all have the same format but different data in the cells. Therefore, the worksheet that is copied to the a specific workbook must link to the workbook it is copied to and not the workbook it is copied from. How can this be done with the least amount of effort? (Excel 2000) I'd convert the formulas to text, copy|paste and convert the text back to formulas. In the original worksheet select the range to copy (the whole worksheet) edit|...

Excel,Auto fit
How can I make a large text field display all the lines on my spreadsheet and when I print it. About 1024k of characters will print, otherwise you'd need to use a text box Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ancastle" wrote: > How can I make a large text field display all the lines on my spreadsheet and > when I print it. Oops! Not 1024k, about 1kb or 1024 characters Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > About 1024k of characters will print, otherwise you'd need to use a text box > > Regards, > > Peo Sjoblom > > "ancastle"...

Linking Text (Data) between worksheets
I would assume this is possible, its just getting the right method fo the problem, Worksheet one has many fields of data, making a large worksheet, ther are some fileds in the worksheet that are text only, and these tex only fields can be long. Is it possible to link textual data fro worksheet to worksheeet, (here's the catch) and when requested to prin the data that relates to the original worksheet. e.g. worksheet one has numerical data & textual data, i want to remove the textual data, so worksheet two has the textual data and worksheet one has th numerical data. I dont want t...

Changing Field Name in Quotes' view
A picky user wants the label for the column 'Potential Customer' to read just 'Customer' under the Active Quotes view. I can't figure out where to change it (it's been awhile). Can anyone help? If you change the name of the field on the form (Home > Settings > System Customization > Quotes > Edit Form) then the column name will be changed in associated views. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "klawson@aetinc.com" wrote: > A picky user wants the label for the column 'Potential Customer' to > read just 'Customer...

Linking additinal resources
I have a libray project that has some resources (.bmp). The library is shared by multiple projects. I've included the .rc file in the exe projects resource includes. I get an error compiling the resources due to the compiler not seeing the path to the library resources (ie IDB_BMP BITMAP DISCARDABLE res\\bitmap.bmp). Is there someway to get around this so that the library can be shared? The library compiles to a resource.res. Is there someway to link this into the exe project? Thanks ...

Rearranging fields after hidding them
With simple Javascript we are able to hide fields from a form. However, the fields which are still shown on the form are not realligned. For example we might have the following scenario: Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 2 should not be shown on certain conditions. So, in the onLoad() event of the form we hide this field. This will result in the following: Field 1 Field 3 With an empty space between Field 1 and Field 3. Is there a way to bypass this issue ? Thanks Nicos Papaioannou There's no automatic way of doing this. You can try this: var td2 = document.getElementById(crmForm.a...

using COUNTA on a field that has been filtered
HELP What is the function to count entries on a column that has been filtered. COUNTA will still count the hidden fields, rather than just the shown fields Take a look at the SUBTOTAL function in help. =SUBTOTAL(3,"your range")) John "deirdre.campion@xtra.co.nz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036a01c53fd2$e1b1b8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > HELP > What is the function to count entries on a column that > has been filtered. COUNTA will still count the hidden > fields, rather than just the shown fields ...

How to link Exchange server with Internet
Hi, I have installed Exchange server 2000 as well 2003. Everthing is working fine. I would like to know how to interlink with Internet. Can anyone guide me how to interlink between Exchange server 2000 or 2003 with Internet. Any assistance would be greately appreciated. Thanks, Chandan Kumar. On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:55:41 +0530, "Chandan" <pro_chandan@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have installed Exchange server 2000 as well 2003. Everthing is working >fine. I would like to know how to interlink with Internet. >Can anyone guide me how to interlink between Exchange...

pasting values from pivot table still linked
I have a fairly big table that provides values for a pivot table. I would like to view the data from the pivot table and copy and paste this information to a new tab as values, and retain the formatting. The goal is to keep the spreadsheet from freezing - which it seems to do too much. I understand that pivot tables share cached memory. This copy, paste special, values and paste special "all using source theme" method seemed to be working. However, I noticed tha the sheet was freezing more and more and today, I noticed that when I updated the pivot table for t...

Lookup
Hi I have a field in contact form called Id. I am looking up the contact on the campaign response form and want to populate the Id of the contact selected in a field on the campaign response form called CId, when the particular contact is looked up. Any ideas how i could go about this please? Any help would be appreciated - thanks heaps in advance Regards Ridhima You will need to fetch the contact id "on change" of the contact lookup field in your campaign response form using javascript. Then use this contactid value to fetch the id field for the contact (using ajax to call...

Invoicing a partial amount on a linked sales order
We have a sales order that is linked to a PO. 1050 items were ordered, 979 were already received and the link automatically allocated and fulfilled them. 71 items are remaining to be received. The customer wants 288 of that 979 shipped now. If we remove the link, then we have to put the 288 in quantity to invoice and quantity fulfilled, and the remainder has to get put in the quantity to back order field. This makes us nervous because won't that show up as a quantity to order in the PO Generator? How can we invoice a partial receipt of items on a linked sales order better than this? ...

Paste Link
I know that if you "paste special" an Excel worksheet object into a Wor doc, the pasted sheet will mirror the data that is input in the sourc document - however, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possibl to link such documents whereby you create formulas that link across th 2 embedded worksheets i.e. as if you were working in Excel itself an where you can create formulas across multiple sheets - (I have hear something about a radio link but dont know how this works -- martin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- martins's Profile: http:...

change cell link in combox box dynamically
I am using combox box with cell link as A1. I then make a copy of the row. The new combox box's cell link still is A1. How do I change it to where the new row is? thank You'd either have to do it manually or have a macro do the work (maybe the insert, too??). But it might be easier using Data|Validation. It kind of works like that combobox and it's lots easier to implement. Debra Dalgleish has tons of tips and hints at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Kate Yang wrote: > > I am using combox box with cell link as A1. I then make a copy of the row. > The ...

Spreadsheet Doesn't Display When Clicking Link
I am experiencing an odd behavior in Excel 2003 SP1. When I click on a xls link, either in an email, the desktop, or windows explorer, Excel opens the spreadsheet but the worksheet is not visible. All menu items are shown but cannot be clicked. The only thing that can be done is to close the application. At that point the spreadsheet displays momentarilly prior to Excel closing. If I open Excel and then open a file using file=>open, it works fine. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and/or had any suggestions. I have alreday tried deleting and recreating the file associa...

how do I shred repeating fields in an excel table?
basically this is it... I have a set of data in 3 columns and around 3500 rows. many of the rows repeat the exact same information. I want to know how to eliminate repetitions so that I am left with unique data rows? Dear 1. Select all the rows, including the column headers, in the list 2. Click the top left cell of the range and then drag to the bottom right cell 3. On the Data menu, point to Filter and then click Advanced Filter 4. In the Advanced Filter dialog box click Filter the list 5. Select the Unique records only check box and then click OK If this post helps click Yes -------...

Update Field with value from another Table
How to I update a description text field on a form with the description from another table based on an Item Number selected from a combo list? The two tables are joined on the Item Number. I tried to an update query in the after-update event on the combo box but it does not work. CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE tblMetalUsage LEFT JOIN tblWireTubingSheet" _ & " ON tblMetalUsage.ItemNo = tblWireTubingSheet.ItemNo" _ & " SET tblMetalUsage.Description = [tblWireTubingSheet]![WireDesc]" _ & " WHERE '" & Me.cmbItemNo.Value & "'...

Filename field path display with mapped drive
How do I get MS Word to display the complete path when I use the filename field. When I check the box to include the path, it displays the mapped drive letter and abbreviated path, not the complete path. For example, MS Word 2007 now displays the path as y:\mfg\tooling guide.doc instead of the full path \\svr05\Documents\mfg\tooling guide.doc I did not have this problem in Office 2003. I'm now running Office 2007 and Windows 7 Quote from June 2009: -------------------- The registry setting described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322955 still seems to function in ...

access 97
I have a form with a number of fields, as well as one field "Proceed?" (Y/N). What I need the form to do is...... only allow the proceed field to show "Y" when there are entries in particular fields. If one of the fields does not have an entry, then Proceed will show "N". Any ideas how I could code the form to show the correct value in the Proceed field? My next step after this is to enable/disable a button on the form based upon the value in the Proceed field. Cheers ...

Reading "ntext" field with CRecordset::GetFieldValue
Hi, I am doing a project of Unicode complaince. The database is SQL server 2000. For unicode compliance, all the TEXT fields in the database are converted to NTEXT. To retrieve data, following function of CRecordset class is used. GetFieldValue(short index, CString value); With TEXT this was working fine. But while retrieving NTEXT data, junk data is retrieved. When I debugged the application, I found that GetLongCharDataAndCleanup function in afxdb.h gives this wrong data. Has anyone come across simillar problem? Any solutions known ??? Regards, ND ...

Consolidating Data AND Text Fields
I am familiar with using the Excel CONSOLIDATE function to SUM data of several spreadsheets, but I need to carry-over information contained in several TEXT columns (other than the left-most column). The spreadsheets being consolidated do not contain identical columns, but some of the non-matching columns contain unique data that needs to be part of the consolidated sheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to produce something similar to the below. Please advise. Mike Sheet 1 A B C D E Joe Atlanta 3 ...

Custom field for Opportunity
I'd like to create a drop down field for Opportunities. I'd like to be able to select the product/service area that the Opportunity is for. Then I want to create a Workflow rule that can check for the condition of the drop down field and send a specific product/service email template for the service area selected. Is this possible? Or am I asking too much from CRM? John ...

OLE OBJECT FIELD
Hi, I created a report in access 2003 that linked to my sql server 2000 tables. One of the filed is binary field (text for long description). In the report it shows funny characters. When I open the table it shows OLE object on that field. is there any way that I can convert this field into text so that can show the content of that field in my report? please help Thanks ...

linking 2 contacta
Is there a way of linking 2 contact cards? For example I want two seporate cards for Mr. X and Mrs. X, but i want a link from Mr X's card to Mrs. X so that I dont need to search. This is more important for large companies with many employees that have seporate cards. Thank you! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to detect and Automatically install MSXML http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9db92980-4f3a-4243-b411-04094072c374/how-to-detect-and-automat.aspx Use the Contact field at the bottom of the first page of the Contact Record. -- ...

With-in one workbook I am trying to link several spreadsheets� entries into one colum
I have one spreadsheet titled "Collections" and another titled "Customer Service." The last spreadsheet is titled "Resources." Each spreadsheet has every day of the year listed in column A1 down. My goal is that if any entry (like the name Chuck) is made into any cell(s) - other than the dated cells - on Training 1 &/or 2 that entry is populated into a specific column on the Resource spreadsheet. In other words: I want the entry �Chuck� in E10 on the Collection spreadsheet to populate in B10 on the Resource spreadsheet. I want the entry �Chuck� in C22 on...

confused on links across other workbooks
Hi, I have 2 workbooks opened and the cell in the workbook that I am changing shows :- ='C:\TEST Roster Projections\[PTO Projection ST Ives 06_09_20081TEST.xls]6 WEEK ROSTER'!L10 However the value that it places in the cell is not the correct one so I copied and paste / link from the second workbook and then it is correct YET the path is the same especially the last part being 6 WEEK ROSTER'!L10, (SEE BELOW NEW PATH TAKEN FROM THE FORMULAE WINDOW) with only the c drive and folders leading to the file being different - so why did it not correct it ?? ='[PTO Projection...