link a txtbox with a query

Hi guys, I am working in an Access Project and I want to connect one textbox
I have in the form with the criteria in the query (View) for the row source
for a combo box in the same form, what I want is for reduce the amount of
records shown in the combo box. I typed this lines in the criteria of the
fieldcategory in the query,
= [forms]![frmPopAddProductOrRecipe]![txtCategory]

but it doesn't recognize it.

Hi Orlando

The combo box needs to be requeried whenever your text box is changed. Use
the After Update event of your text box like...

Private Sub txtCategory_AfterUpdate()
    Me.comboBoxName.Requery
End Sub

Regards

Andy Hull

"Orlando" wrote:

> Hi guys, I am working in an Access Project and I want to connect one textbox
> I have in the form with the criteria in the query (View) for the row source
> for a combo box in the same form, what I want is for reduce the amount of
> records shown in the combo box. I typed this lines in the criteria of the
> fieldcategory in the query,
> = [forms]![frmPopAddProductOrRecipe]![txtCategory]
>
> but it doesn't recognize it.

Links error when insert line/row to source workbook
I have a question regarding links on Microsoft Excel 2003. If I insert a line into the source spreadsheet, the link on the destination spreadsheet doesn't work anymore because the cells moved. The scenario: On the destination spreadsheet, the link is =[ACME.xls]Sheet1'!A1 But if I insert a line on ACME.xls, making the info in cell A1 move down to A2, the link on the destination spreadsheet still pulls from cell A1. How do I ensure that when I insert/delete lines/row, the link still pulls info from the correct cell? Thanks Stella If you have the workbook with the fo...

Append Query 02-28-08
I am trying to append data from tblitemline to tblitemlist. I only want to append new records. The unique field is ListID. I want to append 4 fields total. I can't get it to limit it to new records. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! New on the basis of what criteria.? Whatever that criteria is it should either the primary key (there can be multiples fields involved as the primary key) or Indexed with NO duplicates, (this will work if the criteria is a single field). Once you set the table up that way, the append query will only add "new" records. You can still have a ...

Updating Linked Files
I have 4 Excel files that are all linked (files A,B,C & D). File D pulls data from C File C pulls from B File B pulls from A Any change to the data in file A will make changes in files B, C and D....as long as they're all open. Problem....If I make a change to A, it won't be reflected when I open D unless I also open and update files B and C. Question. When I open file D, how can I get the changes reflected in all of the sub-files automatically. Another Question...Can I set up file D so that when opened, it will trigger the opening of all the others? Can I trigger i...

database query/names issue, causing excel to be sluggish
I have an issue with an excel worksheet I've created. WorkbookA has "Names" which are used to define drop-down menus in WorksheetA. These "Names" are defined to reference a WorksheetB (also in WorkbookA) which itself is populated by a database query, pulling from another Excel WorkbookB. The logic is that WorkbookB should not be touched by the User, only an Admin, and Workbook A is used by User. The Names in WorkbookA are to prevent incorrect entries. Now that I've set it up, WorkbookA is moving really sluggish, but if I delete all the Names it speeds up again....

which query is faster, better to use?
There are multiple AdjournmentDates for any given NoticeID in tblNotices_AdjournemntDates. I want the most recent date for each NoticeID. Both of these produce the correct results. Is either one better than the other? SELECT DISTINCT NoticeID, (SELECT TOP 1 AdjournmentDate FROM dbo.tblNotices_AdjournmentDates WHERE NoticeID = A.NoticeID ORDER BY AdjournmentDate DESC) FROM dbo.tblNotices_AdjournmentDates A SELECT NoticeID, AdjournmentDate FROM dbo.tblNotices_AdjournmentDates A WHERE (AdjournmentDate IN (SELECT TOP 1 AdjournmentDate FROM tblNotices_AdjournmentDates WHER...

Load query with outdata until search
I have a form with sub form on it I use this form to search for products we keep in stock with prices, I have a Search text box on the form then i type in the product then hit the search button and it requerys the sub form Only problem i have is when i first load the form it show every product in the subform, so takes a long time to load Is there a way to load the page with out the date then i can type in product i want to search for then it displays the products Simon What about setting the .RecordSource property of that form (?subform) to "" in the OnLoad event,...

Link error LNK2001
Hi, I received the following link error when a MFC project is linked with the non-MFC library. Does anyone know what could be causing this? EnhanceFiles.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GroupUser::SetExpiration(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (?SetExpiration@GroupUser@@UAEXV?$basic_ string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) EnhanceFiles.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GroupUser::SetSerial...

link comments? #2
is there a way to link comments in excel? maybe a tool or something? haven't been able to find one, but i'm hoping someone else has. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com No, but here are some answers to some similar questions, if they don't do what you want at least you can make your question less ambiguous as to what is supposed to be showing where knowing that it can't be a link. http://google.com/groups?threadm=406E16B7.2F2F026B%40msn.com http://google.com/groups?threadm=008e01c2aa5d%24906517e0%248ef82ecf%40TK2MSFTNGXA04 http://goog...

query problem 02-11-08
Hi to Everyone I have a table (tblMunka) with the following columns: JobId; PersonalId;AreaId;StartDate;EndDate;ActiveJob I would like to a query which tell me how many personal was in a term in an area. I have a form (frmLetszam) where user can choose start and end dates from a calendar. I've tried with this but the result is not good: HAVING (((tblMunka.StartDate) Between [Forms]![frmLetszam]![cboEndDate] And [Forms]![frmLetszam]![cboEndDate])) OR (((tblMunka.StartDate)<[Forms]! [frmLetszam]![cboStartDate]) AND ((tblMunka.EndDate) Is Not Null)); Please help me! Best regards -- Mes...

Opening up links in Outlook
I am using Outllook 2003. on Office XP Pro everytime I try to click on a link in any email I have received it tends to open up a porn website. I have used Spam Bot to check any and it has not detected anything or removed or solved my problem. Can any one help? ...

linking to word bookmarks
I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am wondering if i need to be using access. For linking to a Word bookmark: In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.: mydoc.doc#mybookmark Access vs. XL: See: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/ html/deovrW...

Query with Combo Boxes on a Form
I'm using QBF with about six different combo boxes using: [forms]! [formmain]! [combo1] or [forms]![formmain1]![combo1] -like in a VBA book. This is so users can select criteria on a form with the combo boxes, and when they are done, they hit the search button, and it opens up another form based on the query just performed by the combo selection. This worked for about three combo boxes, but when I added another one, it freezes up and opens up a blank page. It's supposed to open the new form based on the query. Is there a better way to do this? Any help would...

How to link text boxes containing grouped text and photos and auto
I will have a hundred grouped text boxes and photos in my project. Each group will contain three or four text and photo boxes. These groups do not require autoflow to other text boxes. However, I will need to rearrange them and edit them in my publication. When I add a new group or move one I want the remaining boxes to flow automatically from page to page. I new to publisher and lost. Not quite sure what you are asking. If you have, say, three text boxes and a couple of pictures grouped, there is no way for two of the text boxes to be on one page and the rest of the group flow to the ...

LDAP Query #4
im sorry if this post is in the wrong group how can i create an ldap query to get all the users with exchange boxes inside a specific OU this OU might also have OUs indise it with users that hafve mailboxes i want this to be able to create customized address lists Thank you Address Lists cannot be targeted at particular OUs. You need to use some user attribute that's common for users in that OU - like department, location, company name, etc. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Nazgyl" <naz...

How do I link to other pages within the same file?
I have a summary page that highlights a few key metrics about the 10 other pages within my file. Is there a way to insert links on the summary page that will bring me directly to the other pages? e.g. If I was to read more about Topic A, I can click on "Topic A" and it will bring me directly to that page rather than having to shuffle through the other pages in my file. Thanks. Insert Hyperlink / Place in this document / choose your sheet and place -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 --...

Question about auto fills or linking sheets
Hello all. I am very new to excel and want to know if this is possible. I want to enter a name into box I6 and have it automatically fill in box B6, C6,D6 AND K6 on sheet 1, when I hit enter or toggle one of the arrow keys to another box.. I have about 200 or so different items that can go into row I. Sheet 2 has all the serial numbers and stock numbers etc. Row B,C,D and K are names of the items in the inventory, basically a combination of numbers and names with no math involved. Just serial numbers and stock numbers, that sort of thing. What I need is to be able to enter the common na...

Creating a Report using two queries
I have created a chart report (bar chart) using one query. How can I create another single chart showing the results of both queries. One will show the bars of first query data and the other will show bars of the data from second query together in a single chart report. Any suggestions? -- FL This depends on how/if the two queries are related. I would expect the "X" axis values might be related. If so, join the two queries into a single query and graph the new query. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www...

Excel links
I am generating a spreadsheet in excel 2007 and sending it to one of my subs. They then take info from my sheet and from another sheet and link it to a third sheet that is in excel 2003. The problem arises when she sends the spreadsheet with the new links back. We open the sheet in 2007 and we the pound sign and the word value instead of the new linked number. We have tried to open the sheet in the 2003 compatibality mode but that will not work. Any Ideas. "Any Ideas" Yes: stop switching between the versions; you are asking for trouble. "Perplexed" ...

Linked JPEG image
I have a form with a link to a JPEG image. How do I suppress the progress bar before the picture appears? This does not happen when it is linked to a BMP image. I prefer to link to JPEG because it is smaller and also is the same format as my digital camera.Any help would be grateful.Thanks Take a look at:http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0038.htmKen SheridanStafford, England"Allen Yap" wrote:> I have a form with a link to a JPEG image. How do I suppress the progress bar > before the picture appears? This does not happen when it is linked to a BMP > image. I prefer to link to...

Searching link
I am new to use Ms. Access, please some one guide me in this matter: I have created a database but unable to create "Search / Find Option". I want to create data base of employees (name , designaiton , contact nos......etc) I just want one field on form, where I enter name of employee and then click button to search all criteria (designation, contact no. etc) which match simalar as i typed. the detail will be display below. Kindly give me some tips in this regard. I will be thankful. Regards, -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/acce...

Outlook will not let me send an html link
Here is the error message: Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled. The help says this security setting is the default but if there is a workaround I have not been able to find it. Please advise. Thanx. Because secure versions of Outlook block shortcut files, I recommend that you use a little free add-in for Internet Explorer when you want to send someone a link to a page. You can get MailTo_URL from http://www.slipstick.co...

Select Query Broken
Does any one know, of the issue in A2k3 With the Query, I was creating some combo list filters, via query's then putting the SQL in a Marco Apply filter. work great then all i sudden, now, when i view the query in normal mode, (NOT Design mode) Its Showing all the fields that are related on the table the query is based on, even though only two fields have been selected. and the show tick is ticked? just for 2, any ideas whats happening here? ive tried repairing and compacting database and also restarting access no luck? On 10 Sep, 16:42, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft...

Continued stories
In my newsletter, I link text boxes so the story continues from page 1 to page 4. I would like to repeat the heading as well and then have the 'continued from pg?' text. The help menu doesn't provide answers when I look up 'text boxes' - can you help? -- Carol - Canada You will have to either type your heading or copy/paste. Do a couple of returns and type the heading. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carol" <carol@discussions.microsoft.ca> wrote in message news:50EF8511-AECF...

Query Button Problem
On my form, I need to put a button to run a query. When using the toolbox in the Design View, I use the Command Button Toolbar, then use MIscellaneous, then Run Query. I select the correct one, and save it to the form. When I try to use it, I get an error message, and it will not work. What is going wrong? Can't figure it out if you don't provide an error message. On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:52:00 -0800, Shari <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On my form, I need to put a button to run a query. When using the toolbox in >the Design View, I use the Command Button To...

Linked Excel Table, Update Table
Using Access 2002. I import an Excel table into my database that is regularly updated from my company's main database via a BusinessObjects query. I need to create a table that constantly updates to mirror the linked Excel table because of record locking issues (can't have multiple people in the database if queries are based on the Excel table). I use a make-table query as a starting point... My question is how do I keep the table updated? Thinking I need to do an update query, a delete query and/or an append query but not sure how or in what order. Any help would be apprec...