Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07

I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which

are the other controls I want to show information for.  On controls that are
outside the tab control, it works fine;  on controls inside the tab control,
the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check
boxes not at all.

I've tried  every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck.

Anybody have any ideas about this???

Is it the same problem as using a subform????

I am using ACCESS 2003
--
Jack Walsh

0
JackW

Excel 2007 01-29-10
I have 2 worksheets that have Company Name on both. 2nd worksheet has a unique id for each Company Name that I need to pull over to worksheet 1 if there is a match between the 2 worksheets. If Sheet 2 company name matches Sheet 1 company name, I then need to list on Sheet 2 the unique id for the company name. Sheet 1 Company Name Unique ID Sheet 2 Company Name Hi Krista Try the below formula in Sheet2 cell B1 with company name in cell A1 =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1),VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,0),"") -- Jacob "Krista" wrote: > I have...

Does exchange control reminders in Outlook?
Greetings. Our network uses Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 Server server to administer the company e-mail. We used to use PST files in Outlook 97 to manage the e-mail for users but now we use Outlook 97 and Exchange Mailboxes. One of my users is noting that reminders in Outlook 97 notify him when they're suppose to for all events, but some things he postpones for many weeks for various reasons. Some items have since quit reminding him, even though they are still in his calendar. He has done this for years, and though he probably should change this practice of his, he recalls that rem...

Have reached 10 license migration..... how can i reset this
over the years i have reloaded my pc a few times....... but now recently... i have had to download migration key to play my music each time i reload..... Now i have upgraded to Windows Vista, with Media player version 11.0.6002.18111... i have no idea what to do. have tried again and agian to acquire licenses but Microsoft website insists that i have downloaded 10 or more times... this cannot be the case i assure you..... please assist, anybody............ You the user aren't designed to be able to directly bypass that. You would need to contact the license provider to ge...

Media Player 11-27-07
I've tried a number of times to use Windows Media Player on an Access 2007 form. I am able to get it from the ActiveX menu, and run it repeatedly from a button. But once having played something, if I go to design mode or exit the form the player disappears, and only becomes available if I restart the application. Here's the code: Private Sub Run_Media_Player(sFileName As String) Player.settings.autoStart = True Player.URL = sFileName DoEvents End Sub I'd appreciate any help I can get. Jerry natkin ...

<no subject> 02-25-07
no ...

visible controls
Visible controls In my form the code for making controls visible and invisible does not work. My code is the following: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me![supplierid] = 1 Then Me.RaufGrade.Visible = False Me.RaufCode.Visible = False Me.AralGrade.Visible = True Me.AralCode.Visible = True ElseIf Me![supplierid] = 2 Then Me.AralGrade.Visible = False Me.AralCode.Visible = False Me.RaufGrade.Visible = True Me.RaufCode.Visible = True End If End Sub Why is it so? Is it because the form is continous? How can I make it work? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.ac...

How do I keep ActiveX controls from moving after I print a worksh.
I have certain Activex control boxes that are used off the printed area of my worksheets. After I print or print preview, these boxes all get shifted. This problem did not occur until after I had to reinstall office software. My assistant and I share all of these files and he doesn't run into this issue when the same workbooks are opened on his machine. maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 Bill Knapp wrote: > > I have certain Activex control boxes that are used off the printe...

Remote Control Tab on User Accounts in exchange 2003
What is the functionality of the Remote Control tab on an users account and how do I use it. Researched it but can't find any answers. Thanks Nothing to do with Exchange. Post to Windows.Admin. However, it controls access to remote desktops if you users were using Terminal Services. Nue "jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E291C103-3939-4DC8-BF0F-6C88643AF1A1@microsoft.com... > What is the functionality of the Remote Control tab on an users account > and > how do I use it. Researched it but can't find any answers. ...

mde 05-21-10
Hi Everybody, Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers in the right direction on how it is done. Kind regards, Nick Nick 'The Database Guy' schrieb: > Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde > file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers > in the right direction on how it is done. http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1031/utility.asp?ItemID=8#8 or SysCmd 603 , "YourMdb", "YourMde" may...

Option Group 04-19-10
I am new to using option groups. I will have several of them that will be a value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report. Do I need a field for each option group? Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1, grp2, etc.? Thanks, Les You've told us "how", but not "what". "How" depends on "what"! If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey? If so, you may benefit (*and get more...

ActiveX control and design mode
Hi, is it possible for an activex control to tell the container to invoke the controls design mode? I'm developing an activex control to be used in office, and I would like the control to start in design mode when inserted into powerpoint for instance. Regards Johan ...

formula question #28
I need to do a formula as follows. If the amount in column A is < $1500 calculate it by .034. If the amount is > $1500 then they get .00 of only the amount over %1500. Know how to do IF statements but can't seem to figure out how to calculate only on the amount under a certain value and not on the amount over that value. So results should be $1500*.034 = $51.00 00-1700 *.00 = $00.00 Total Commission $51.00 Help!!!! Thanks if you can do this.:confused: :rolleyes: -- Sharon D. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Need to Change Column of Telephone numbers to just 10 characters
Hi I imported data from another program into excel. The telephone numbers are in the following format 333 333-3333. How do I change it to just having 10 digits without spaces of hyhens. I need it in this format to export to another system Jen Edit>replace find what -, leave replace with blank, then replace again and this time put a space in the find what and replace with nothing -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jennifer Leen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7923E5C4-B199-464F-B34D-9B3B2C726376@microsoft.com... > Hi , > > I imported d...

Countif Formula 04-19-10
A B 1 112233 Expired 2 113344 Valid 3 116655 Valid 4 117799 N/A This Formula is to calculate the number of employee in the column. =COUNTIF(A1:A4,"*"). Can I make it =COUNTIF(A1:A4,"*")- N/A. I mean I want it the formula to calculat the number of employee but if the Column B has the work N/A. include it in the calculation. Try =COUNTA(A1:A10)-COUNTIF(B1:B10,"N/A") 'If you want to count only if there is a numeric value in colA then you may try =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(A1:A100))*(B1:B100<>"N/A")) -- Jacob (MVP - Ex...

Displaying bitmap in various dimensions in picture control with scrollbar
I have a picture control in which i am displaying the bitmap but when i resize it to size less than bitmaps size it goes outside the picture control I want it to be in picture control and i want to scroll its hidden area. when it is resized to size more than bitmap size scroll bars should get disappeared. Even i want to display the bitmap in various dimensions . e.g my original bitmap is of dimensions 320 X 240 and i want to display it in 800 X 600 I have used stretchblt for it but it is causing image to be flooded on the dialog and other coontrol. I want it to remain in scrollable area. Yo...

Tooltips for CComboBoxEx
I have implemented tooltips in my dialog using "ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, NotifyToolTips)" message map. However the CComboBoxEx on the dialog is the only control which does not show a tooltip. How do I get tooltips workign with a CComboBoxEx? Thanks See if this helps: http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/Neat_Tooltip_for_Combobox.asp ------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Disabling / graying out a control at runtime
Hi, I have a control on a modal dialog, that I which to disable when the user does something. How do I do this? EnableWindow(FALSE); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Hamish" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:1A25e.16609$1S4.1692401@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi, I have a control on a modal dialog, that I which to disable when the > user does something. How do I do this? > > look for [EnableWindow] api -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe ...

Custom Context Menu for Edit Control
Hello all .. I have a control bar class, CTextBar, derived from the child of CControlBar which uses an edit control (CTextEdit derived from CEdit). And i want to create a custom context menu for the edit control with Copy, Selectall and Wordwrap. My wordwrap implementation is kind of not perfect and i feel it could be done better. However, currently i use something like destroying the edit control and recreating it with the right flags set to make the wordwrap effect, as in a notepad. This implementation has a disadvantage because it needs a pointer to its parent window (in this case, the CCo...

HA design question 07
We are looking to use CCR on our Mailbox servers, but we only have one CAS server in the currently design. If we loose the HAS server can the Outlook 2007 client still connect to the mailbox? Do the Outlook 2007 clients connect directly to the Mailbox server or through the CAS server? My understanding is that Outlook will still function if you lose your only CAS. OWA, Activesync, and Autoconnect will fail though. Question: If you're building a HA environement you want at least two HT servers, right? Install your CAS role on your two HT servers and voila. "Ryan Sanders&qu...

Can I open a Report from the server with Visual Studio to modify i 01-12-10
I have a server with Report Server 2008 and is working good with its reports, but I need to make a change in one, I had a machine with Windows 2008 y Visual Studio 2008, the reports are stored in the file system. I changed the Windows 2008 machine by another one, and installed Windows 7, SQL Sever 2008 and Visual Studio 2008, now when I try to open the reports an error hapen: "project can not be opened because its project type (.rptproj) is not supported by this version of the application. To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project" I installed...

Multiply all values by 10
Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how? Type the 10 in some random cell and copy. Select your target cells and Edit > Paste Special, and select the Multiply radio button. "RTimberlake" wrote: > Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how? First, make a copy of the workbook in case you make a typo or something, then put 10 in an empty cell, copy it, then select all values needed and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RTimberlake" ...

Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases 10-07-04
I keep getting this message when installing MS CRM 1.2. Anyone else had this issue? ------=_NextPart_0001_31256612 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brian, This error can mean a few different things. Below are a couple of KB articles that discuss the error message: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;861915 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870105 Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------...

how do I configure the 10 users within CRM
I am currently planning an implementation of MS CRM. I have 10 users. How should they be configured (ie. best practice, simplest way)? I'm interested in the way they should be setup - if there are 4 geographic states, one sales manager in each, and one CEO. Kind Regards, There is not a simple answer to this as "it depends"..... You have probably recongnised that CRM caters for 'Business Units' and User are associated with a Business Unit.......so yes, you can setup your four geographies each with their respective users and the CEO at the top of the tree (in the...

MVC question 08-09-10
I have a page have 2 dropdown list on it. eg. employee (John, Peter, Mary, ...) offices (eg. New York, Chicago, ...) These will be fetched from database to populate it. I have defined data access object and business object for these 2 classes. Do I need to create a model for each of them to linke to dropdown list? Or just like normal datasource to do population? I think I should have a model link to this 'View'. So what should I do? >I have a page have 2 dropdown list on it. > eg. > employee (John, Peter, Mary, ...) > offices (eg. New York, Chicago,...

Workflow Manager 10-26-07
We recently had to reinstall our CRM Server, the redeployment tool was very helpful, however my workflow rules don't appear to be working. Any suggestions? I currently have a rule that in the past, after the technician completed his entry the ownership of the Service activity would change to me. Now the only way that happens is if you manually apply the rule. I just went into the manager file and noticed that all rules seem to be in a waiting stage from the time the server was brought back up. "deh" wrote: > We recently had to reinstall our CRM Server, the redeployme...