Keep it alive

Hello!

Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of
another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user
interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed?

Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is
released..

Thanks for any suggestion!

0
Georges

Answered in another group where you posted this.
0
Allen

Entourage and Explorer keep crashing
-- using: office X (for Mac) v.10.1.5 -- hi there, I have two problems that i have so far been unable to resolve. Firstly whenever i try to open Internet Explorer I get the report: "The application Explorer has unexpectedly quit. The system and other applications have not been affected." This happens EVERY time, it will not open even after installing the update to 5.2.3 Secondly, Entourage X keeps reporting the same message, but it will open and everything appears normal until I try to read specific e-mails whereupon it will give me the same message. I have looked through ...

Other Program Windows Keep Opening
I don't know how to remedy this problem. One of the computers in our office tends to open other program windows at random. Do you know what might cause this to happen. It seems to have an eradic cursor. Thanks for any suggestions you can make. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools Option General Delete anythign in the box labeled Alternative startup directory "Fran" <Fran.uqmiy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Fra...

oe keeps deleting attachments
Everytime someones emails me an attachment that has to be downloaded it tells me OE has deleted it and wont let me open it can someone please tell me how to stop this thanks Try this easy step first... goto Tools, Options, Advanced. Scroll to bottom to Security and make sure Delete Temporary Internet files when closing browser is NOT checked. Why: When you download files, some websites open a second instance of Internet Explorer, which closes when your download is complete - and deletes your downloaded file if thats where is is saved. Just a thought. Write back if this is not the...

capturing data on multiple students; keeping history; making chart
How can set up a worksheet, for multiple users to enter daily ratings on students and capture the history and create a "live" chart? ...

legend keeps changing
I'm working in Excel 2007. I have a legend for a graph and I have deleted a few items from the legend. I save the worksheet but the next time I open it up the legend is different. How can I get the legend to stay the same after I make changes to it. I am having the same problem. Did you ever get an answer? B. Done wrote: legend keeps changing 10-May-10 I am working in Excel 2007. I have a legend for a graph and I have deleted a few items from the legend. I save the worksheet but the next time I open it up the legend is different. How can I get the legend to...

Outlook keeps going offline #2
We are starting to experience a problem, in mass, where Outlook 2003 clients are going offline numerous times a day. People know that they can uncheck the 'Work Offline' option in the file menu or the status bar. However, the client tends to go offline again sometimes within minutes and other times within hours. I know this is an old topic and I've seen some workarounds that seem to fix the problem temporarily but even they break after a while. One person posted unchecking 'Cached Mode' and after doing that it seemed to have fixed the problem for a few weeks, but then t...

How can I shade columns but keep grid?
Everytime I use the fill function it darkens out the grid lines. I'd like a nice light gray or off white for a few columns as contrast but keep the grid in black. Help, please. You'll have to *make* the grid lines on pattern filled cells using the: <Format> <Cells> <Borders> tab. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "callmekilo" <callmekilo@earthlink.net...

office outlook 2003 keep shtting down and won t start till i resta
I set up my office outlook today and it keep shutting down and won t open again start till i restart my system ...

Send & Receive Box Keeps popping up (Oulook 2003)
Hi, I have just installed Outlook 2003 - very happy with it so far, like the look and feel to it. One small problem though, I have Outlook check for new mail every 3 minutes and when this happens the Send/Receive Status box keeps popping up and I don't want this to happen it becomes quite annoying, especially when running Outlook Minimized and it still pops up every 3 mins. I have tried to check and uncheck the box marked 'Don't Show this dialog during Send/Receive' and pushing the pin (in the bottom right hand corner of the Send/Recieve dialogue box) in and out and st...

How do you keep the month and day on the same line in a paragraph?
The month and the day are breaking at the end of a sentence and I need them to stay together. I used to be able to use control, shift, space bar and it would keep the month and day on the same line, but it's not working in my 2003 version of Office. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Hi, Karon - No one seems to be answering your question about a non-breaking space in 2003 (I haven't jumped to Publisher 2003 yet.!?) A klunky work around is to type an x between the month and the day instead of putting a space. Then use "find" to find "x" and change it...

Seems like a silly post - but
running access 2k; EVERY single time I start my access application, my toolbars are missing. I have to go into view, and turn them on. Why don't they STAY visible!!?? TIA - On Feb 5, 12:37=A0pm, bobg.h...@gmail.com wrote: > running access 2k; > > EVERY single time I start my access application, my toolbars are > missing. I have to go into view, and turn them on. > > Why don't they STAY visible!!?? > > TIA - Is this happening with all mdb files, or a specific one? If it is a specific one, I would see if there is some errant code that someone may have "...

can you keep an excel table updated in publisher
I am looking to import an excel worksheet into publisher. I was wondering if there is any way, that when I make changes on my spreadsheet in excel it will also update my information in publisher Insert, Object, tick Create from file, click link, browse to the file. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "publisher" <publisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15556FB0-2EA3-4ED9-90F8-727F677CDE34@microsoft.com... >I am looking to import an excel worksheet into publisher. I was wondering i...

Excel window keeps changing
Hi, I have a weird problem on my home computer while using Excel. If I don't use the screen for a few minutes, the Excel window shrinks to about a fourth of its size. So I have to click it again to either Maximize or resize to about 90% full size, which I prefer using. It is by no means a fatal fault, but verry annoying! Any pointers? Amer ...

I keep getting errors when I send recieve email in outlook prof
I backed up my outlook when the shceduler asked if ai wanted to do so. now I can no longer send or recieve emails. I keep getting a timed out message and the error reads it can find the smtp server but it does not respond. What scheduler asked you to backup Outlook? Just to double check, have you checked with your ISP to see if they're having any issues? Did anything else change in your PC/network setup? "Ed P" <Ed P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45FB87FA-FFBF-4260-90B3-CA1D9276013C@microsoft.com... >I backed up my outlook when the shceduler ask...

I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

My Outlook keeps hanging....
Every time that I try to open mail or compose a new message, the hourglass keeps turning. Eventually I have to do a cntrl-alt-del. Once I do that, I get that Outlook is not responding. I have Outlook 2000. I can do a preview pane to view new messages, I just can't open them or respond to them. Any suggestions??? ...

keep a chart in view when scrolling around a worksheet
is there any way to keep a chart (as an object, not a new sheet) in view on the worksheet while i scroll up/down/left/right...?? -- dh13134 Hi, Only by using Freeze panes and placing the chart when the static area. You could use New Window to create 2 views of the workbook. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "dh13134" <dh13134@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2BA7EC-CF5E-4701-8F54-23EB550039E3@microsoft.com... > is there any way to keep a chart (as an object, not a new sheet) in view > on > the workshe...

Enable Secondary Protection for one server keeps failing
Hi, I am trying to add a server to secondary protection (secondary DPM Server) but it keeps failing with this message: “Unable to configure security settings for <server> on the computer <server>. (ID: 274). make sure that the user name and password you have provided has administrator privileges on the target computer.” I already made sure the account is domain admin account. The other 10 servers where added without any problems. Can anyone help Kind regards Mihai Problem solved. The server was a former Domain controller. the agent didn’t make the us...

how do i keep a running total for contributions to several funds
am working on a simple way to keep track, a running total, of church member contributions to several funds... thanks JPC Without seeing the data it is hard, but let's say the amounts are in column A. In B2, add =$A$2:A2 and then copy down by each amount -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JPC100" <JPC100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB24D003-33F9-4CC7-8FB1-EA52611DD8DD@microsoft.com... > am working on a simple way to keep track, a running total, of church member > contributions to several funds... thanks ...

If a Word document has no structure, keep the document map blank.
I consider this to be a serious application error. If the user has not explicitly added semantic structure to at least one paragraph in a document, Word guesses. It decides, in a rather inconsistent way, that some of the short lines, formatted lines, lines in all caps, and so forth must be headings and displays them as level 1 headings in the document map. This is confusing, not helpful, and generally bad. In one document I use to demonstrate how the document map works (and fails), Word invariably decides that the first line in an address is body text, but the second line -- t...

Keeping focus on a text box
I have a form on which I'm using my own record selector buttons to move between records. I'd like to use some code to keep focus on a particular text box (ItemNum) when moving between records if ItemNum had the focus prior to moving to the next record. ItemNum is not the default 1st Text box on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin D "Kevin D." <KevinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF2CEF17-ADA7-4253-8CDD-DB2AC3DD5117@microsoft.com... > I have a form on which I'm using my own record selector buttons to move > between records. I...

Installing Office 2007 but keeping Outlook 2003
I have Office 2003 installed which includes Outlook. Can I install Office Home and Student 2007 but keep the Outlook segment of Office 2003? -- Moonman Moonman wrote: > I have Office 2003 installed which includes Outlook. Can I install Office > Home and Student 2007 but keep the Outlook segment of Office 2003? Yes. Only 1 copy of Outlook can be installed in an instance of Windows; however, you don't need to include the Outlook in an Office suite and can keep a prior version that is already installed. Since the H&S edition doesn't contain Outlook, your pr...

How do I remove duplicate in a column but keep the record of the f
Hi, I am given a whole list of Customers from different Countries who stayed in my Hotel for different months in a financial year beginning with October. My goal is to get generate a Monthly report of Customers (according to their country)who stayed in my hotel, on the condition that Customer who stayed earlier in the previous months of the financial year do not contribute to the statistics in the subsequent months. A pivot table is probable, and I need to count the heads at the same time. For example, Given data: Month Country Customer Oct UK James Collin Ja...

Money keeps printing old account, though it has been closed
We are using Money 2002 in my office and our accountant had to recently close a checking account and create a new one. When he tries to print account information from the new account it still prints the infomation from the closed account. We had not deleted that old account, as that was one recommendation, but he was able to back up the old account. Please help. Go to the reports area and customize a report (I suggest the Account Transactions report) to only print from the one account. "Tibor Meszaros" <tmeszaros@accuquote.com> wrote in message news:02f501c36352$f3ba...

Date time formats keep reverting back to default
I have a column of dates that I assigned a custom format to. When the data in this column gets refreshed from a data base query the format keeps reverting back to the default format. How can I stop this behavior? I doubt you can. Sounds like the format is coming over with it. Why don't you record a macro, and give yourself a toolbar button to run. Start recording, select the column, change the format, hit Ctrl+Home and stop recording. For reference: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm http://www.officearticles.com/misc/methods_to_run_a_macro_in_m...