Is there limit to number of files in a datebase in searching forms

Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?

Is this an Access question?  So far as I know Access does not have FILES.
It has TABLES which has FIELDS that contain data.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"ky carver" wrote:

> Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:27:10 -0700, ky carver <ky
carver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?

What's the structure of your database? What is a "file" (that's not a usual
Access term)? How are you doing the search? In what way does it "not work"?

More info please!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Publisher files have extension ".bcf"
Some of my file that were created in Publisher 2000 now have the extension ".bcf" and cannot be opened by Publisher. I have other files in the same directory that have the proper ".pub" extension. What is ".bcf" and can it be fixed? Have no clue what would change a .pub to a .bcf http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=bcf -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFE96DF4-B6A7-4CB3-9750-90B3D41D82B8@microsoft.co...

Outlook pst files linked.
Have built a new PC using Windows Vista and Office 2003. By default, the ..pst file is located under the "users" folder. I was attempting to change this to a C:\MyEmail directory. However, while doing this, I now have 2 email connections in the "All Mail Folders" area but both connected to the same .pst file. Both are called the same name and the folders and emails are identical. When I select either email connection, the Close "Peter" option is not enabled. The email functionality still works correctly. I have removed Outlook from the PC &a...

copy an existing Layout into another PPT file
Hello, In Office 2007, how to copy an existing layout model say L1 (of file F1) into the file F2). so that, it is possible to apply the layout L1 in file F2. please clarify. Thanks, > In Office 2007, how to copy an existing layout model say L1 (of file F1) > into the file F2). > > so that, it is possible to apply the layout L1 in file F2. Open both files in master view. In the preview pane on the left side of the screen right-click on the layout, chose Copy. In the other file, right-click between the two existing layouts, chose Insert. Return to Norm...

Folder and File Permisions
OS Win server2003 R2 We have a file server with Folders\Subfolder1\subfolder2 I need to lock down these folder structures as : 1 - Only Administrators can create , move or delete "Folders" , "Subfolder1" and "Subfolder2" 2 - Non admin members may not delete or move "Folders" , "Subfolder1" and "Subfolder2" , bur they do have read permisions. 3 - Users can only create folders and files in "Subfolder2" 4 - Uses may edit files but not delete files in "Subfolder2" Is this possible ? If so how? In NT4...

HELP! My Outlook backup.pst file wants a password that doesn't exi
My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD. I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file but it asks for a password. It doesn't let me advance leaving it blank and it doesn't accept my POP3 email password. When I created the file I left the password field blank. I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up a new POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails some of which I really need. How can I get my emails? "Jeff Meeusen" <JeffMeeusen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Opened from which form?
In form X I would like to make a button visible/invisible depending on which form opened form X. For instance: if form X is opened by form A the button should be visible, otherwise it should be invisible. Is this possible? Thanks in advance, John Set the button's Visible property to No. Then in the code that opens it from Form A: Const strcTarget = "Form1" 'Your form name goes here. DoCmd.OpenForm strcTarget Forms(strcTarget)!cmd1.Visible = False If the form is opened in Dialog mode, pass something in OpenArgs, and test it in Form_Open. -- Allen Bro...

Test which Main form a Subform is using
In Access 2003 have a subform that I am re-using within several different Main forms. My issue is that I need to put some validation coding on the subform. (ie. Validate that data in one field on the subform is coordinating properly with other fields.) Whenever I write this validation code I need to specify the main form when refering to the fields in the subform. Is there a way I can test which Main form I am in and then create an if/then statement to use the correct validation for that Main form? If you have a different solution, I'm open to suggestions! Thank you, Cathy wro...

Sub Form Combo Box
I don't understand why this code does not work. When the user enters a date in a text box the subform combo box (CA_NAME) should only show two choices. But nothing happens, no error, nothing.. Help please.... Private Sub TR_ACKNOWLTR_GotFocus() If Me.TR_ACKNOWLTR <> " " Then Me!frmCaseLog!CA_NAME.RowSource = "Select * from tblCommitteeName where [C_Committee] = 'AG'or 'AL'" End If End Sub "Dan @BCBS" <DanBCBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A659C4-1110-449F-91F5-23FD17A41014@microsoft.com... >I...

Adding information from a form into a table
After data is entered into a form how can I add it to an existing table? If it's a bound form (the norm), you don't have to do anything. Forms are intended to be "windows" to tables. A bound form will automatically write its data to the table when the current row loses focus. If it's an unbound form, you have to add the data yourself, either using a SQL INSERT INTO statement, or using VBA and a recordset. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Converting .pdf files to excel
Is there a software out there that can convert .pdf files to excel files? ...

Encoding a portion of a file

Unable to read file.
Hi, I am unable to open an Excel file that I have used weekly for the past 7 years. I get the message "unable to read file". All other Excel files appear to be behaving themselves. Can someone help please. JM Do you know anyone that has Excel XP or Excel 2003, as these have detect and repair options that may fix this for you. Also, you can try the free download OpenOffice from www.openoffice.org (60MB though), as the Spreadsheet element of that suite OpenOffice.Calc will also open many Excel files that Excel can't. Failing that, if it's not too big a file (Anything up ...

Custom Number Format #5
Hey Benjielop, That was fast! I tried the formula (replacing A1 with B4, where the first tag is), bu Excel 2000 gives back an error message pointing to =left*(b4,1)*.... -- Excelder ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excelders's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27130 ...

Number to text format problem
A very simple task normally i know - but i need to convert a 12 digit ean reference from number to text format. When i do this through the normal route of formattting the whole column it changes to 4.00511E+12 - obviously the ean ref to the power of 12 and rounded up! Why??? The cell size is not a problem. Hitting F2 to enter each cell and tabbing out will show reference as i need it, but this will take me all day for a 70,000 line SS. Any ideas!? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ P. Osborne, Try this. Select all the cells, and run this macro: Sub ConvertToText() Dim my...

File Not Found error #2
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This sort of thing happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were o...

VB File Save
I have an Excel 97 workbook that produces a sheet of cheque-print data. I have a VB macro that reads data from a text file from another application into the workbook, and another VB Macro that saves data on this sheet to a comma-delimited text file (for input to Word for cheque printing). I currently have the file paths for the text files hard-coded into the VB macro. I would like to be able to select the paths from a standard Windows File Open and File Save box, but the only option I can find is to enter the path in an InputBox, which is not very good. Can this be done? Thanks John A...

change opportunity step name filed to custom entry??
we want to remove the workflow process from our opportunity section. to do this we would like to have the step name field being fed by a custom field that i created, and currently being used by the sales staff. any ideas?? crm 3.0 on server 2003 sp2 --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- ...

Signatures on Messages sent through Word using File/Send To/Mail Recipient
I have signatures set up on my Outlook account, but am inconsistently getting signatures on the messages I send. This morning, I copied a signature to the end of my document in Outlook because nothing was there, and when I reviewed the document after it was sent, it included 2 signatures, instead of one. What should I check? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Barb Reinhardt ...

Get the following error 'Publisher Unable to open File' in MS Pub
I'm currently working on this months magazine for my local sports association. I have saved the file shut down my PC restared and troed to open the file when i attempt this i get the following error message. Publisher unable to open file.. Can anyone help or know what is stopping me from opening this file i succesfully open other publisher files but cannot open this months edition.. I dont really fancy starting from stratch! -- Matt Owner MSE IT www.mse-it.co.uk Which version of Publisher are you using? You are welcome to send it to me and I'll see if I can open it. -- Jo...

file transfer to pocket pc
Is there a size limit of an excel file when transfering to a pocket PC. I have a file with many sheets and only the first 4 to 5 sheet will transfer to hand held. Mobile 2003 2nd addition. -- Thank you ! Ben It may be more a size issue than sheets. I just transferred a 16 sheet workbook across fine, but it had next to no data in Bear in mind too the Excel for PPC grid is only 16384x256 meaning sheets that use more than that may not transfer at all. If you want to send me a test file I'll give it a go PPC2003 1st Ed -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nic...

money 2004 data file disappears
Windows XP NTFS file system My data file disappeared have backup but am concerned about cause. Ran chkdsk and no errors found. Any help would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, msnews.microsoft.com wrote: >Windows XP >NTFS file system >My data file disappeared have backup but am concerned about cause. >Ran chkdsk and no errors found. >Any help would be appreciated. > Make an extra copy of your backup on other media. Do a Start->Search of your drives for *.mny files. Cal Learner-- MVP wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, msnews.microsoft.com wrote: > &...

Made a compiled HTML help file; now how to use it?
I've created the example MFC program with help features and tried to use the same techniques in my program. So I added an ID to Help->Help Contexts on my menu and added the line ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_CONTENTS, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder) to my MainFrm. So now when I click the Help menu, it looks for \Debug\Coil.HLP or \Release\Coil.HLP. There are two things wrong with that. I want it to look in the root directory, not the special build directory. I guess that can be changed in the program configuration options, but how do I get it to look for a .chm file instead of .HLP? I made my c...

Enable includefiles to be added to all forms
The JavaScript functionality in CRM is great for doing lots of things but when developing larger programs, can be a bit problematic since there is no simple way to set some url to point to include files. (although some people have blogged about how to make it happen, but it isn't easy!) My suggestion is this: 1. Add a global setting where one can point to a global customized javascript file. Preferably this should enable the entry of any url. This global customized javascript file should then be added to all forms. 2. Add a local form include file url. In the properties of a form, ju...

Number formatting #2
does anyone know how to make an xl spread sheet display numbers in engineering scientific notation in which the powers 10 is raised is always in multiples of 3. 10^3, 10^6, 10^9 or 10^-3, 10^-6, 10^-9. Is it real numbers or just for display? If the latter =10&"^"&ROW(1:1)*3 copied down will return 10^3, 10^6 and so on and =10&"^"&ROW(1:1)*-3 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "bfd" <bfd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ad7101c39297$047f3b70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > does anyone know how to make an xl spread sheet display > numbe...

How do I convert numbers to the opposite sign?
I need to change all positive numbers in the spreadsheet to negative numbers, and vice versa in Excel. times it by -1 Put -1 in an empty cell edit|copy that cell select your range to fix Edit|paste special|check multiply. CindyatRWD wrote: > > I need to change all positive numbers in the spreadsheet to negative numbers, > and vice versa in Excel. -- Dave Peterson Type a '-1' in some random cell and copy it (ctrl+C). Then select the cells you want to switch and Edit > Paste Special, select Values and Multiple and click OK. "CindyatRWD" wrote: >...