Is there limit to number of files in a datebase in searching forms

Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?

Is this an Access question?  So far as I know Access does not have FILES.
It has TABLES which has FIELDS that contain data.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"ky carver" wrote:

> Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:27:10 -0700, ky carver <ky
carver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?

What's the structure of your database? What is a "file" (that's not a usual
Access term)? How are you doing the search? In what way does it "not work"?

More info please!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Question regarding how to search a column and print a row(s)
Hello, I have a spreadsheet consisting of 15 columns and 100 rows. I would like to search a column for a specific string or based on some other criteria (e.g., > 150) and for columns meeting the desired criteria, I would like to print the entire row (all columns) within the same worksheet or on a new worksheet. Can this be done using one or more formulas but without getting into VB or fancy macros? Can this be done period? I'm looking for something that searches the column using the same or similar approach as the "sumif" function but instead of summing the specif...

need form template for excel
For the purchase and sale of real estate there is a standard "Settlement Statement" following the guidelines established by the U.S. department of Housing and Urban Development. This is a standard form with proratation and allocations. Perfect for and Excel worksheet. I don't see it on your site and wonder where I might get one. Last year I custom designed a complete set of closing forms for a client using only excel where all variables were entered on one sheet and automatically transferred to about 15 forms with ONE mouse click. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

How do I print a select number of address records from Access
I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks. On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:23:04 -0800, robbie6 <robbie6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm >doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks. Create a Query based on the table containing the addresses (and perhaps other tables). View the query's Properties (with the View menu item, or rightclick the background behind the table icons and sele...

print number of update records through sql job
I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 millions records. I have schedule this through sqljob. I'm looking over sql example to check for update records and gives a output and quit the jobs if no update records. Thanks in advance sqlnovice (sqlnovice@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a > churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 > millions records. I have schedule this...

Format cell to display numbers instaed of ###'s
Not sure how to querry this in the KB.... but I want to be able to have a number such as 4 1/8 in a cell that is set at width less than what is required to display it properly. Same with a date/time entry. In cells where I'm entering text, the text will "spill" over if the adjoining cells are empty of data. No so with number's. How do I change it so it will display as 4 1/8 without widening the cell? If I place an apostrophe ' in front of the number, or format the cell as plain text it will work, but I really need to retain the numeric value. Thanks, David... ...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

Corrupt pst file #5
I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a corrupt pst file. I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end. I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very good. A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any more. So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do anything else with my old files. I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and Calendar back. I know that...

How to search for a personal FOLDER?
I have so many personal folders, that I can't find 1. I searched for a message and found it; it tells me the folder name that it resides in, but I can't find that folder! I can get to the message, but I want to be able to see what else is in that folder, so that I can make sure items are better organized. Is there a way to search for a personal folder and get its path? I tried advanced find using the "all outlook items" criteria, which the field "In Folder," but this failed. Thanks in advance, -J ...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Charting with concatenated numbers and text
I am scatter charting from columns of data (text and numbers) that I concatanate into a long string so that I can use the validate drop down list feature in Excel, which only supports one column. I use Mid, Left and Right functions to then pick the relevant charting data from the string. Unfortunately although the numbers look good, Excel does not treat them the same way that it does with directly entered numbers - and my charts do not display accurately. Any ideas to to fix this problem or suggest a modified workflow. I am not an advanced user but would like to use the drop down li...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Total number of pages
I would like to include total # of pages in the footer of my Publisher 2003 document (Master page). How do I do this? Do you mean something like: Page 10 of 20? Simply type of 20 after the # -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAFBED91-A28F-42CC-B621-1C355476F79E@microsoft.com... >I would like to include total # of pages in the footer of my Publisher 2003 > document (Master page). How do I do this? ...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

Help On User Form
Hi All, Can any one help me in this .I have made a orderform with some combobox and tickboxes a simple form i want to collect the data at the end of the sheet .Like when i select certain item from drop down box is there away that data can be collected at the end of the sheet.I Many Thanks in Advance Mastee -- mastee ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mastee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23826 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398070 Good morning Mastee You really ne...

want to find duplicate Phone numbers when typed in excel 2003
I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Let's assume this is your data: A1: 12345 A2: 54321 A3: 12345 Which cell(s) should be highlighted? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "trvlpal" <trvlpal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C707764-79F0-4ECB-BF57-661289BB59D6@microsoft.com... >I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it > indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Using column "A", place this formula in "conditional formatt...

manipulating number formats
Hi If I type in $1,238,000 I want the cell to display $1,000. Similarly if I type in $15,965,945 I want the cell to display $16,000. Can I do this without using the round function? Thanks I do not believe you can if you are using ws functions. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Billy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081001c3af96$c1e9dc30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > If I type in $1,238,000 I want the cell to display $1,000. > Similarly if I type in $15,965,945 I want the cell to > display $16,00...

Security for Xml File
Hello world, How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Nico * Nicolas Joly wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? >Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Hi Nicolas, I am not sure which kind of "protection" you are looking for, if you just worry about access from unauthorized users to an XML document on a web server, you could simply use HTTP facilities to deny access or request for authorization. If you worry about the integrity of the document...

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

Search/Lookup Problem
Hi, I have a large list of invoice numbers, for which there can be more than 1 set of data, and I have no other value that could be used as a lookup value etc. Given something like: Col A Col B Row 1 123354 20 Row 2 114868 1235 Row 3 123354 400 Row 4 123354 546 Row 5 194583 2 How could I get separate sheet to lookup the invoice numbers in Col A, then return the respective Col B value, without returning the same number twice, eg 123354 20 123354 400 123354 546 114868 1235 194583 2 Any help would be greatfully received. Cheers Simon "Si...

corrupt file
when i try to open a excel 2000 worksheet it says that the file i corrupt .Is there anyway i can still open it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Here's a resource post on recovery of corrupted files. I've checked out all the links referred to. Additional comments and suggested additions are welcome. Some of the most frantic and desperate posts come for this and they are frequently in tears of happiness when they get a solution. These points cover corrupted files. Don't confuse these with problems with slow opening, processing or closing of Excel or wit...