Is there a way to stop accented characters touching top of text box?

I have text boxes in my Access 2000 application that display the names of
people from many different countries. Some of these names have accents on
top of the initial uppercase letter of the name and when I use common fonts
such as Arial or Tahoma, these accents normally merge into the top margin of
the text box, thus reducing the readability of the accent. Is there any way
to force the text to move slightly downwards within the box to avoid this
problem?

I strongly suspect that there is no way to do this in Access and the only
solution will probably be to use a Unicode font, such as Arial Unicode MS,
which seems to allow more space than normal above the text. Can anyone
confirm this?

David

0
David

Drop down box problem
Please can someone help me!!! I am trying to inset a drop down box int an excel spreadsheet but haven't got a clue whether I use a list box o a combo box. I want it to display first, second, third, fourth in th drop down menu so that the user can sleect one of these. The thing is don't know how to put the values in the box! Your help would be muc appreciated! :- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the Data / Validation - List option ... click in the cell where you want the drop down, choose Data / Validation from the menu, choose List, and in the source line ty...

Expanding Text
Is there any way to have the text overprint more than one line? For example, Excel typed in cell c5 with an 18pt type will cut off the top half of all letters unless the row height is increased. Is it possible to have the text expand into C4 as opposed to increasing the height of the row? Paul Dulong It can extend into d5 if nothing else is there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paul Dulong" <pdulong@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:imVLd.2555$Sx6.2...

How to stop flooding on e-mail accounts
What product should I use if I want to eliminate, for example, the possibility of a hacker hit one of my users with thousands of e-mails until his mailbox is full ? I have Symantec AVF3.0. Its worth having a quick chat with your ISP as they may have something to help. >-----Original Message----- >What product should I use if I want to eliminate, for example, the >possibility of a hacker hit one of my users with thousands of e-mails until >his mailbox is full ? I have Symantec AVF3.0. > > >. > Marlon, Try Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). Besides fil...

Tick box how do i? plz
Hi Folks, I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank you. Mike Got it sorted thnx "Nevyn" wrote: > Hi Folks, > I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show > whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank > you. > Mike ...

conversion file dialog box
Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error message. Does anyone know how to turn this off? What file conversion dialog? Post the exact dialog that appears. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, frustrated asked: | Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion | dialog box opens along ...

Check box problem
I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock the table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the others parts of the table/form. Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of the form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and click on the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user friendly solution for what surely should be simple.) V For a form that includes check boxes, you must add text f...

autoarchive stopped working and will not restart
This in on Outlook 2003 with SP1. Autoarchive was running fine but suddenly stopped working. The archive file is located on the user's local drive. The pst is only 1.6gb. The archive option to run on just 1 folder does not work either. On both of these it appears to run by watching the task bar info but it only creates a folder in the pst. No mail is moved and none is deleted from the exchange mailbox. I have created a new pst and tested but get the same results. ...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...

Mercury to stop EBT support, Need a second supplier
Mercury just called me two days ago and told me they would stop using TPI and would no longer offer the value-added support for peripherals and EBT! Where else can I got for a processor that supports EBT and RMS? david Go to TPISoft.com and use any of the processors their RMS client (which Mercury uses) supports. If you can't decipher the info on the web site, call them. They'll get you set up. Mercury uses Global Payments as their processor, so could you. Email me if you'd like to be put in contact with a Global rep. Mercury is switching from TPIsoft to the "prefe...

Deleting Text
I know that with "&" I can add two text cells together. How do I get rid of text? In the example "Roddick, Andy (USA) " in A2, I want to get rid of "(USA) ". I can separate with "=right(A1,7)", the last seven characters, but how to "subtract" them from within A2" Felix In an un-used cell, enter: =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-7) then copy this cell and paste/special/value back onto A2 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200827 "Felix" wrote: > I know that with "&" I can add two text cells together. > > How...

company split
Hi all, hoping to get some advice on this, the company i work for consists of two divisions who are effectively looking to split, and do there own thing. But initially will continue to share resources such as IT. Is it possible in exchange to allow them both to have there own email addresses such as name@company1 and name@company2 and to hide these so that relevant individuals only see the names of users relevent to there division/company in their address book. Effectively what i need to be able to do is run 2 seperate companies from one exchange box. bearing in mind that both compani...

how to stop rules created by the asence assistent
HI NG, we use Exchange 2000 SP3. I allowed the users to send absence notices during their hildays, but disallowed forwarding rules. Although i ysecured the systenm by this way, the users find a possibility to forward emails through the absence assistent. I don=B4t want to forbid this, but is there a way to stop these rules at a central point of administration? Or do I need to disallow absence notices? Birte ...

Form with an unbound combo box.
I´m trying to create a database but I take some examples from Inside Out 2007 by Viescas.I create a tblTeams ( TeamID,TeamName) tblPlayers(PlayerID) and tblTeamPlayers(TeamID,TeamName,PlayerID). I create a form based on qryplayers and I need a combobox "unbound?" called TeamName based on qlkqTeams but when I try to open the combobox always shows the TeamID instead of TeamName. In the sample database "Contacts" from Viescas the CompanyName is display in the combobox CompanyID. I don´t really Know how this happen.Can anybody give me an idea of how this...

Import CSV from Open Dialog box Confirmation
Hi. I got my command button to bring up an open dialog box, where the user will select the CSV file to be imported. After the user finds the file to be imported, I want a MsgBox that asks the user to confirm that the specific file be imported. For example, the user selects SCO.csv to import and clicks a okay. A Msgbox should popup "Are you sure you want to import SCO.csv" with a Yes button and a No button. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but if so could someone please guide me. If they click No, then the process should just cancel. Assume strFileName is the variable wit...

updating and underlying table field with a combo box selection
I want to use an ID value from a combo box on a subform to update the same ID value in the form's underlying table. My main form is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main My Subform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Sub My Subform table is: tbl_Street_Joiner My Mainform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main The combo box on my subform is called: StreetName, with a column count of two but the bound column is the actual street name. SELECT QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.StreetNameID FROM QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master ORDER BY QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QR...

stop opening a blank workbook at start up
how do I stop excel from opening a new workbook everytime I start up the application. Ad a shortcut to the Excel.Exe file and append the properties of the shortcut with /e Shotcut will look like this: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E495132-B698-40B7-B964-D2982513D93A@microsoft.com... > how do I stop excel from opening a new workbook everytime I start up the > application. ...

and stop processing more rules
Hi all. When creating a rule in outlook 2003 in certain circumstances I would like to pernamently delete an e- mail. Once you have selected permanently delete from the rule selection - outlook automatically adds to the bottom of the rule "and stop processing more rules" which means it will not continue to delete any additional e-mail. Is there a way that I can "turn off" and stop processing more rules ? Thanks Brad The "stop processing" applies to that particular rule, so that if there is additional criteria you specified in another rule that might move it...

conditional text merge
I want to merge text under the following criteria, First issue (data in Col A in sequence) Col A(text) Col B(text) a gg a hh a s b r b ee c tt d ss d ee Merge to: a gg hh s b r c tt d ss ee Second issue (data in Col A not in sequence) a gg b r a hh a s b ee d ss c tt d ee Merge to: a gg hh s b r c tt d ss ee Is it possible to merge it? TIA norik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi yes it is possible but will require some VBA. below one way: 1. Create a unique list for column A on a separate sheet: - selec...

how to find a second comma in a text
Hi, I have a text as --> Madison, Dane, Wisconsin How can I find the position of the second comma? thanks, Boon Assuming there is *always* a 2nd comma... =FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)+1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Boon" <boonyawat.la-ongthong@cnh.com> wrote in message news:OISZ4IGbKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a text as --> Madison, Dane, Wisconsin > > How can I find the position of the second comma? > > thanks, > Boon > > thanks. this works well fo...

Grey text prints as black..
I'm printing a page that has some text de-emphasized by using a grey font colour. Unfortunately when I print it comes out as black like the rest of the text. I looked for a setting in the Options and in the Print dialogs, but was unable to see anything that said "allow grayscale" anywhere. Suggestions anyone? thanks... R. I have the same problem and have not yet found a solution. could it be a configuration problem with the printer? Have you recently re-installed Excell? Julien "RGK" a écrit : > I'm printing a page that has some text de-empha...

Find and replace text thats not wdAlignParagraphCenter alignment
Im trying to make a macro that set alignment on all text to wdAlignParagraphJustify, except text that is wdAlignParagraphCenter. Right now i have this: With ActiveDocument.Content.Find .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphRight With .Replacement .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify End With .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll End With With ActiveDocument.Content.Find .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft ...

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

how do I display cell contents when I am over 32, 767 characters?
Excel was not designed for this. Depending on your purpose, you should use Word or Access. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "usdrmd" <usdrmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30267BD-2CAF-4FC7-83A2-F9E79F7CFE06@microsoft.com... > ...

How to write text to command prompt console windows?
I am using VC++ 6.0 to build a windows based application, however, my application allows user to input command arguments in the dos prompt windows. I want to have a warning message for user if they have input the wrong arguments. How can I write text to the dos prompt windows if user input the wrong arguments? Thanks in advance. Steven. Steven wrote: > I am using VC++ 6.0 to build a windows based application, however, my > application allows user to input command arguments in the dos prompt > windows. I want to have a warning message for user if they have input the > wrong ar...

How can I put text in a circle using Publisher ?
Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ? : How can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ? If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval shape ........ surely this can be done with Publisher. Thanks for any expertise. DixieWins wrote: > Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ? : How > can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ? > > If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with > words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval > shape ........ surely this can be ...