Is a vertical datasheet view possible

The standard layout for the datasheet view form is horizontal. Is there a way
to display the datasheet view vertically with the field names going down the
left side of the form and the data expanding to the right?

"John F" <JohnF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The standard layout for the datasheet view form is horizontal. Is there a
> way
> to display the datasheet view vertically with the field names going down
> the
> left side of the form and the data expanding to the right?

No, there isn't.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

0
Douglas
6/7/2010 5:05:43 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:02:53 -0700, John F <JohnF@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>The standard layout for the datasheet view form is horizontal. Is there a way
>to display the datasheet view vertically with the field names going down the
>left side of the form and the data expanding to the right?

Only with a third-party Grid control, or a very complex unbound form.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4

for some examples. You will need to write some VBA code to do this
though.

HTH.

Peter Hibbs.

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:02:53 -0700, John F
<JohnF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The standard layout for the datasheet view form is horizontal. Is there a way
>to display the datasheet view vertically with the field names going down the
>left side of the form and the data expanding to the right?
0
Peter

Displaying data from a lead in the oppurunities view
Is there a way in CRM to display a field that is in the my open leads view in the my open oppurtunities view. Basically what I have done is create a new attribute type in the lead called product. This is a picklist with all the different products we offer. I modified the columns in the my open leads view to show this without a problem. When the lead becomes an oppurtunity there is no way to tell the product they are interested in. I want to be able to display the data entered into my LEADS page on my OPPURTUNITIES view. This should be possible right? There is no way to view a field...

When viewing an MFC dll's dependancies can't seem to find MFC80D.d
While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of the process the project tries to register the newly compiled DLL. when i looked at the DLL through Dependancy Walker i discovered that it could not seem to find three DLLs: MFC80D.dll, msvcp80d.dll and msvcr80d.dll. any ideas why this would happen? On Oct 20, 7:28 am, Shawn <Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from > VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of ...

Is Doc/View Architecture really needed?
Hi I wanted to try some codes last night and start a default MFC app. with Doc/view support. But it gives so much compiler and run-time error because of doc/view, i forgot what i want then began to correct the code. Do you really need Doc/view or do you use doc/view architecture in your projects? Or you begin with empty project? I want to learn when it is not necessary and when it is. Have you ever faced Doc/View archtecture become painful in your recent projects? I am looking for your opinions. Thanks. If you are going to have "data" and represent it on the "screen"...

UK Money 2005 Portfolio Valuation View is blank
I tried to customise the Porfolio Valuation view, which seems to have corrupted itself. It no longer displays any lines and just correctly displays the total in the blue area of the screen. On clicking Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is empty. Clicking on the reset to default button re-populates the box and saving does not rectify the problem. As no stocks are display going through the Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is again empty. How do I rectify...

Viewing pictures within received emails
When I receive an email with a picture attached I have to dbl click on the image to view it. How can I get Outlook to display the image within the email? You can't. Outlook only displays pictures in-line when they are inserted in-line by the sender of the mail by Insert-> Picture... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "David McCullough" <anonymous@dis...

Seperate document for Splitter views
Hi My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter. The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView if i use splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)... splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)... they both use the same document class but i need them to show graphs frm different docs if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*??? is there any other solution. rgds fordge fordge wrote: > Hi > My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter. > > The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView > > if...

Crystal XI will not show all possible values in a parameter field
Hello: We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static" rather than "dynamic". It works fine and, when you type in a value upon refreshing the report, the data is correct. We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the parameter value is dynamic rather than static. We do not want a range, but we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values. For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic parameter field...

html in Contact \ Notes possible?
I copied html information from a web page and pasted it into the Notes field of a Contact. It looked exactly the same until I saved it and returned to have a look, the html formatting reverted to tich text (or simple plain text?). Is it possible for me to paste html material into Notes and have it stick? Thanks, DH It's supported in Outlook 2007. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &...

Slow outlook possibly caused by exchange
I have an exchange account with Godaddy. Oultook 2007 running great on Win7 until ... a few days ago My computer was slow the hard drives constantly being written too at 40 mb/s This morning I noticed after a restart and outlook not open the PC ran well. I started outlook and the hard drive writing was constant, greatly slowing down PC I closed outlook; slight improvement I opened exchanged on the web and noticed lots of hard drive writing with outlook closed. I turned off indexing, google desktop full indexed already. 4 gigs of memory usage at 72% constantly Constant disk writi...

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

How to view a complete schema when using schema includes/imports?
I've got a parent schema file that references complex element types that are defined in several "child" schema files and I used the schema imports statement to include them into the parent schema's default namespace. I would like to generate a complete/single-file instance of the schema to simplify things but I can't figure out how to do it. Each schema seems to live in it's respective memory space inside the SchemaIncludesCollection. Any idea how I could traverse all of the "virtual" nodes in the parent schema to create a physical representation of what t...

Font Styles and Formatting... Is it possible?
I do a lot of work in both English and Japanese and spend a great deal of time formatting text. Many times, I need the fonts for English and Japanese to be different sizes, e.g., the English in Times New Roman 12pt, and the Japanese in MS Mincho 9pt, or vice versa depending on the document. In Font Styles and Formatting, I can modify the default fonts and change the styles throughout the document no problem, but there is only one choice for the default font size, which is applied to both the Latin and Asian fonts. Is there a way to be able to choose the font size for Latin and Asia...

strange difference in print preview of vertical strings and ...
Hi, I do not know if I have been doing a funny mistake , or there is a bug. There is something very strange when I textout a vertical string with leading spaces in print preview mode. I put an small example to show it: try this: make a multiple document, with CScrollView , (vc 6) changes the following functions, the result of the 2 textout are not in the same x position in print preview display. Each space at the beginning of "profiles" shifts the output to right!!! but the x position of both should be the same. Off course it is ok on the screen and on the printer. Only the print p...

Continuous Forms View Question
Is it possible to prevent the blank New Record row from appearing at the bottom of a form whose default view is Continuous without setting the form's Allow Additions property to False? If I choose to add a new record that's fine, but once the new record has been added I'd like for the empty fields to go away until I ask to add another record. Thanks! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your reading it in English, thank a Veteran! What you are actually asking for is to disable standard functionallity which should be there in the first place and enable it when you&#...

Outlook 2003 Task View formatting
Does anyone have a way to format a Task item when in Outlook Task view, such as, highlighting a particular Task row? yes. Explain what you want to do. Or just go and look at the Automatic Formatting function. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "brightenmyoutlook" <rjbeaupre@gmail.com> wrote in message news:278e5a3c-63c3-479a-bc15-391e492495b3@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone have a way to f...

dual screens, split 2 ppts to view 1 on each, how?
trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Try View > Cascade then move and resize as needed. "anvilhead" wrote: > trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how > do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Anvilhead, I have to first Restore Down the PPT program (just left of the Red X in upper right hand corner) then click and drag the opwn window to cover both monitors, then select the "view" tab, a...

Displaying Dialogs in Views
I've got several dialogs that I'd like to have up all the time and allow the user to, say, drag the mouse across items in one view and have their definition show up in the other view. At the moment I've got a dialog that comes up by doing a right click that displays the definition, but it takes over the mouse and you have to clear the dialog before you can get back to the main view. Since the Dialog works fine and is in the format I want, is there any easy way to create a new view, on the other side of the splitter bar and just plug that dialog in? I realize I'd need to have so...

How can you hide system defined views in CRM 4.0
In CRM 3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users list of views. I cannot see the Share functionality of Views in CRM 4.0 to do the same thing. How can you hide system views in CRM 4.0 Unfortunately, in v4.0 the system views cannot be hidden. This would be a good suggestions for next update. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "B" wrote: > In CRM 3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users list > of views. I cannot see the Share functionality of Views in CRM 4.0 t...

Multiple calendar view?
Outlook 2003, At my workplace everybody maintains their own calendar in Outlook at their workstation, but they are shared across the network. So if I want to see where someone is today I just call up their calendar. But is there a way to view all shared calendars at once? That is, I would like to have everybody's appointments and events from their calendars merged together into one (yes, it will be very "busy" but that's okay) calendar so that I have a "big picture" of what's going on at the company? Thanks for any suggestions, ~d. jettster Dexter...

Viewing Macro..
Is there a way to view a VBS macro without running it? Someone sent me a macro, but I don't know that it can be trusted. I do want to run it, I did scan it with Norton and it found nothing, but Excel warns me against opening it. Hi, Unless its protected, you can press Alt+F8, select it from the list and click Edit. Of course if you don't know VBA, you probably won't know if its safe or not. Of course you could post the code to the newgroup. You first line of defense is to consider the source, do you trust the person who sent you the file? -- If this helps, please c...

Unviewable View
Greetings! I've created a view in the CRM database through SQL Server Management Studio that is viewable to me. but not to anyone else, including people. This also applies to any non-Filtered table. Can anyone suggest a reason for this? This will be a permissions issue. You need to ensure that the CRM Security Groups (SQLAccessGroup etc) have access. Note that in general creating additional objects in the CRM database is unsupported - in general you should create your objects (eg views etc) in a separate database. Regards, Chris http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com ...

List view customization
Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available in the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through the toolkit? thanks Can you explain further -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1097513D-2353-430A-B895-71848D832BAB@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available in > the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through the > toolkit? > > thanks you ca...

Viewing the Outlook Global Address Book & Contacts from VB 6.0
Hello, I am a developer currently writing an application in *Visual Basi 6.0*. My target environment is *Citix Metaframe XP* running on *Window 2000 Terminal Server*. I am trying to instantiate the "Select Names" dialogue box one normall gets when clicking on the "To..." button when creating a new email i *Outlook 2000 SR-1* within my VB 6.0 application. Basically my Users want to have the application access the Contacts Global Address Book, etc. that they maintain in their own Outloo account (rather than maintain these email addresses in two places). I have already devel...

View Partial Source in IE8?
Hi all, This was one of my favorite feature and was extremely useful. It was packaged as part of the IE5 Dev PowerToys back in Aug. 2001. I've used it in the past on IE6 and *I think* IE7. I've seen posts saying it is compatible with IE6 & IE7 but nothing about IE8. I'm using IE8 and don't want to install it if it will screw anything up. I have 2 questions: 1. Will this work with IE8? 2. Why was this tool "done away with" when it was so popular? TIA Dave Black -- 2b || !2b "Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.c...

view pages
When I open up publisher, at the bottom of the page I get the little boxes that represent the number of pages in the document. My supervisor does not get these little pages. How can we make them show on when she is working on a page? Which version of Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Brenda at COA" <Brenda at COA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C561244A-2055-4E14-AD75-5A17CD2DA386@microsoft.com... > When I open up publisher, at the bottom of the page I get the li...