Invalid Argument Access 2003

I get an invalid argument when I open my database.  The database is
the front end for a split database.  I was working with some large
imports.  The file has swelled to over 2 GB.  It should be around
50MB.  I have tried to repair the DB from inside access and using the
command prompt.  I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB
and repair/compact.  I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a
blank DB.  However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors.
When I double click on a module, Access tells me it doesn't exist.

I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and queries to recover.
Any ideas?

TIA

JB38138

0
behrends

On 20 Apr 2007 14:55:30 -0700, behrends@bellsouth.net wrote:

>I get an invalid argument when I open my database.  The database is
>the front end for a split database.  I was working with some large
>imports.  The file has swelled to over 2 GB.

That's the maximum size for Access databases, and you WILL get errors.

>  It should be around
>50MB.  I have tried to repair the DB from inside access and using the
>command prompt.  I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB
>and repair/compact.  I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a
>blank DB.  However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors.
>When I double click on a module, Access tells me it doesn't exist.
>
>I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and queries to recover.
>Any ideas?

Good luck... I *hope* you made backups, if not routine backups before starting
the imports, at least backups before you tried to repair and compact. It's
quite possible that compacting a damaged but salvagable database could destroy
it permanently.

See Tony's corruption FAQ at

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

for suggestions, including links to database salvage services.

And... keep current backups. Access is reasonably robust, but databases CAN
become irretrievably corrupt or damaged; the only database which doesn't need
backups is one that you don't mind rebuilding from scratch at the most
inconvenient imaginable time.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
4/22/2007 8:47:40 PM
Hey there,

Saw that you did a compact and repair with the open database, and then
from the command prompt, also. It may be duplicating the command
prompt c&r, but have you tried compact and repair on the closed
database via Access?

Step by step instructions are at:
http://www.seehowrightnow.com/video_tutorials/access/access_2003/tutorial.asp?vidnum=AC030406

HTH!
Crystal
Microsoft Certified Instructor-Office 2000/XP/2003

On Apr 20, 5:55 pm, behre...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> I get an invalid argument when I open my database.  The database is
> the front end for a split database.  I was working with some large
> imports.  The file has swelled to over 2 GB.  It should be around
> 50MB.  I have tried torepairthe DB from insideaccessand using the
> command prompt.  I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB
> andrepair/compact.  I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a
> blank DB.  However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors.
> When I double click on a module,Accesstells me it doesn't exist.
>
> I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and queries to recover.
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> JB38138

0
newsgroups

Outlook 2003 News

open two different Access reports

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

LDAP Write access?

Excel 2003

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro