import & export data on form

Is it possible for a form to autofill w/ data in table and when rest of form
is filled out to export all data back into table?

Ex:

prefill form with:
accounts
dollars
action

When form completed:
accounts
accounts reviewed
dollars
dollars reviewed
action
action reviewed
comments

Ana,

There must be a misunderstanding here.  Forms don't *prefill* with data.  In
fact, forms don't have any data at all, tables do.  Forms are bound to a
table or a query, or maybe your form is unbound?  So where/how is your form
prefilling with data?  Is the form unbound?  OR does it have a RecordSource?
If it is unbound then you would need to run an update or append auery to
send the data to a table(s).  However, that brings us to question number
two...  what are the reviewed fields?  Is someone checking a box once those
items are reviewed?

Here are some links that might help...

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP):
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

http://www.databasedev.co.uk/table-of-contents.html

--
Gina Whipp

II

"ana" <ana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible for a form to autofill w/ data in table and when rest of
> form
> is filled out to export all data back into table?
>
> Ex:
>
> prefill form with:
> accounts
> dollars
> action
>
> When form completed:
> accounts
> accounts reviewed
> dollars
> dollars reviewed
> action
> action reviewed
> comments

0
Gina
11/14/2009 5:34:12 AM
Gina,

Thanks for the clarification. So I have a form that is bound to database1 -
it's pulling A, B, C, D, E from database1.

On my form I have - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K

I need it to take A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and put it in database2
when I complete the form (I am thinking a "submit" command button for this
piece). F-K would be the fields I reviewed but they would not be checkboxes,
they would be text boxes.

Ex: Analyst reviews 3 Business Accts (A), 2 Home Equity Lines (B), and 2
Unsecured Lines of Credits (C) - I have to review each account and in a
seperate field for each product, I have to enter the result of my review. In
some cases, the analyst entered it correctly or they could have entered it
wrong. I need F-K to capture what was entered wrong and go into db2
(including the original data A-E).

So A-E would bring in what was entered into db1
F-K would be where I would enter my results of the "quality review".

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Ana,
>
> There must be a misunderstanding here.  Forms don't *prefill* with data.  In
> fact, forms don't have any data at all, tables do.  Forms are bound to a
> table or a query, or maybe your form is unbound?  So where/how is your form
> prefilling with data?  Is the form unbound?  OR does it have a RecordSource?
> If it is unbound then you would need to run an update or append auery to
> send the data to a table(s).  However, that brings us to question number
> two...  what are the reviewed fields?  Is someone checking a box once those
> items are reviewed?
>
> Here are some links that might help...
>
> Jeff Conrad's resources page:
> http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html
>
> The Access Web resources page:
> http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html
>
> A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP):
> http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html
>
> MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
> http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials
>

> http://www.databasedev.co.uk/table-of-contents.html
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "ana" <ana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible for a form to autofill w/ data in table and when rest of
> > form
> > is filled out to export all data back into table?
> >
> > Ex:
> >
> > prefill form with:
> > accounts
> > dollars
> > action
> >
> > When form completed:
> > accounts
> > accounts reviewed
> > dollars
> > dollars reviewed
> > action
> > action reviewed
> > comments
>

> .

Ana,

You have explained, somewhat, what you do but not why which still leaves a
solution kinda out of reach.

1. A thru E bound to database 1 and pulling from database 1?  Can one assume
by this statement that there is a table in database 1 that has a table with
fields A thru E?  And is that data entered by someone?  Or imported?

2.  Where do F thru K come from?  Are they fields in another table or the
same table as above but manually entered by you?

3.  And why after all this manipulation are you *pushing* this table off to
Database 2?  Why not just have  a Reviewed field?

4.  And I am still not sure where the *autofill* mentioned in your original
posting comes into play.  What are you trying to autofill?  Or was that a
reference to *pushing* the data to database 2?

I can simply answer your question with yes you can just use a *SUBMIT*
button.  However, I see some concerns in your design that may be okay and
working for you and that's okay but why do double work to maintain two
datbases that sound like the duplicate each other.

--
Gina Whipp

II

"anamque" <anamque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html
>>
>> The Access Web resources page:
>> http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html
>>
>> A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP):
>> http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html
>>
>> MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
>> http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials
>>

>> http://www.databasedev.co.uk/table-of-contents.html
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "ana" <ana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it possible for a form to autofill w/ data in table and when rest of
>> > form
>> > is filled out to export all data back into table?

0
Gina
11/17/2009 10:37:01 PM
Gina,

1. Yes, fields A thru E are bound to db1 and this information will be
imported into db1

2. F thru K going into db2 but are coming from the access from, on the form
i will have fields A-K.

3. I can't have a reviewed field in db1. Reason being is, the purpose of
this database/form - i will be doing "quality reviews" on my associates. So i
have associates enter in all their work into db1.

Let's say for example, associate enters that they worked 3 Home Equity
Lines, 2 Consumer Cards, 4 Business accounts associated under one social
security number. My quality review is supposed to gather all account
information they entered and confirm that they worked what they entered. Due
to the sensitivity of my reviews and for compliance reasons, the work i
"pull" (accts reviewed) and what i review & confirm must be kept seperately.
Not only that, but let's say the analyst mistyped they worked 3 Home Equity
Lines and they actually worked 2. I will update the db1 that they worked 2,
but in db2, i still need it store that originally they entered 3 and due to
the review, it was changed to two.

4. yes my verbage was incorrect, it's pushing all fields into db2.

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> [...]
> >> If it is unbound then you would need to run an update or append auery to
> >> send the data to a table(s).  However, that brings us to question number
> >> two...  what are the reviewed fields?  Is someone checking a box once
> >> those
> >> items are reviewed?
> >>
> >> Here are some links that might help...
> >>
> >> Jeff Conrad's resources page:
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html
> >>
> >> The Access Web resources page:
> >> http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html
> >>
> >> A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP):
> >> http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html
> >>
> >> MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
> >> http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials
> >>

> >> http://www.databasedev.co.uk/table-of-contents.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -

Ana,

Okay I see we still having a bit of a terminlogy issue...

1.  I do not understand *bound to* is that... a table in database 1 with
feilds A thru E where an Associate enters what they have done?

2.  F thru K *going into database 2*... is that entered into database 1 and
then this is where you want the button to transfer it to database 2?  OR is
it you want to transer A thru E from database 1 to database 2 and then enter
F thru K?

If Option 2 is what you are hoping to accomplish then you can set up a
TransferText export on Database 1 then a TransferText import on Database 2.
After the import in Database 2 you can run an Append query to get it into
the table and update fields F thru K there.  (Or you could fix them in
Database 1 then run the export and when brought into Database 2 add the
additional information.)

OR

Split the database and have two front ends... one showing the form with the
fields A thru E and the other front end shoing the feilds F thru K.  That
way one table to maintain.  Becase in reality, if I wanted to change
database 2 all I would have to do is go open it, unless there is some sort
of security that will not let me?

--

> [...]
>> > this
>> > piece). F-K would be the fields I reviewed but they would not be
>> > checkboxes,
>> > they would be text boxes.
>> >
>> > Ex: Analyst reviews 3 Business Accts (A), 2 Home Equity Lines (B), and
>> > 2
>> > Unsecured Lines of Credits (C) - I have to review each account and in a
>> > seperate field for each product, I have to enter the result of my
>> > review.
>> > In
>> > some cases, the analyst entered it correctly or they could have entered
>> > it
>> > wrong. I need F-K to capture what was entered wrong and go into db2
>> > (including the original data A-E).
>> >
>> > So A-E would bring in what was entered into db1
>> > F-K would be where I would enter my results of the "quality review".

0
Gina
11/18/2009 5:46:26 PM
the form would get the data for fields a thru e from db1, once the form is
completed (all fields a thru k) - it would take fields a thru k and put the
data in db2.

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> 2.  Where do F thru K come from?  Are they fields in another table or the
> >> same table as above but manually entered by you?
> >>
> >> 3.  And why after all this manipulation are you *pushing* this table off
> >> Database 2?  Why not just have  a Reviewed field?
> >>
> >> 4.  And I am still not sure where the *autofill* mentioned in your
> >> original
> >> posting comes into play.  What are you trying to autofill?  Or was that a
> >> reference to *pushing* the data to database 2?
> >>
> >> I can simply answer your question with yes you can just use a *SUBMIT*
> >> button.  However, I see some concerns in your design that may be okay and
> >> working for you and that's okay but why do double work to maintain two
> >> datbases that sound like the duplicate each other.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -

Ana,

Then you can use the TransferText on one side to export and TransferText to
import on the other side.  To do this all you need is the folder name in
which to place the file.  Here is a sample of TransferText...

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "NameOfYourSpecification", "TableName",
"C:\Path\NameOfFile.txt"

--

> [...]
>> > social
>> > security number. My quality review is supposed to gather all account
>> > information they entered and confirm that they worked what they
>> > entered.
>> > Due
>> > to the sensitivity of my reviews and for compliance reasons, the work i
>> > "pull" (accts reviewed) and what i review & confirm must be kept
>> > seperately.
>> > Not only that, but let's say the analyst mistyped they worked 3 Home
>> > Equity
>> > Lines and they actually worked 2. I will update the db1 that they
>> > worked
>> > 2,
>> > but in db2, i still need it store that originally they entered 3 and
>> > due
>> > the review, it was changed to two.
>> >
>> > 4. yes my verbage was incorrect, it's pushing all fields into db2.

0
Gina

Remote data access
As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server database residing on a web server. In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a way to develop a Visual Basic, Windows application that can access a SQL Server database over the internet. Thanks for suggestions, John C. John C. wrote: > As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a > VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server > database residing on a web server. > > In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a > way to develop...

Data Validation #12
Hi. I have data validations in sheet1 as named range lists from sheet2. When I have deleted sheet2 and copy sheet2 from identical other workbook - my validations does is not work... I see Name ranges in copied worksheet, but when I use they in validation - I have error: "The Source currently evaluates an error. Do you wish continue?" Only after deleting of Named ranges in Sheet2 and recreating its, my validations works. It is possible after replacing of worksheet with named ranges for validations (named ranges names are identical) use copied worksheet without recreating ...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

Sorting lots of data
We are trying to sort through a csv file that we converted to an excel spreadsheet. the spreadsheet has over 40,000 entries which include mailing addresses that are in some cases duplicated. is there anyway to sort/filter the info to locate the duplicates and then remove them?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your responses. Hi use 'Data - Advanced Filters' and check 'unique entries' or use the following addin for this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany miss lynar wrote: > We are trying to sort thr...

Stacking Data??
if I have data like this A B C D... 1 Type\Date 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04... 2 T-X 100 50 100 3 T-Y 50 70 0 4 T-Z 400 0 400 ... .. ...

Import animation slide
I have created a powerpoint presentation using my companies template slides. I have imported a slide with an animation from another person's presentation. However, the "picture" of the animation that came into my presentation doesn't line up on the template slide properly. It overlaps our company logo. I am unable to move this "picture" of the animation. Can that be moved? Bsed on your questions, there is either an image problem or an animation problem, but it it unclear without seeing the slide. Let's assume it's an image problem. Yo...

Duplicate detection upon import
Unfortunately, we use several different databases at my organization but in order to manage our customers, we import records from these databases into CRM. We have c360 for detecting duplicates once they're already in CRM. Is anyone aware of a product that checks for duplicate upon import into CRM? Brewhill, What method are you using to import the records and which records are you importing? We have a tool that checks for duplicates on import. -- Jeff Loucks [MVP] Available Technology 888-474-2237 Come see our CRM presentations at TechEd and SMB Nation on integrating other Micro...

order data by a rank
i need to create a form order by the militaty rank.This form is based in a query "qrystaff" with three fields: MemberID FullName and Rank.I´d like that the data were ordered firstly by MilitaryRank and secondly by FullName in alphabetical order.There is an easy way to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1 When you create queries, you're given the option to specify the sort order under each field. If the fields aren't in the order from left-to-right in the query grid, you can add ...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

Data in columns not rows
I have file that is names, addresses and phone numbers. When I copy it into excel it comes out like this. (COLUMNA) NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE I need it to be like this COLUMNA COLUMNB COLUMNC COLUMND NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE Is there a way to change this without copying and pasting? Jenn Is the data consistently 4 rows? Or do you have varying sets? How far down Column A do the sets extend? If 4 rows per set try this..... In B1 enter =INDEX($A$1:$A$3000,(ROW()-1)*4+COLUMN()-1,1) Drag/copy across to E1 then select B1:E1 and drag/copy down u...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

expand and Collapse form
I am trying to make a form that will serve as a sort of navigation pane. I want the form to expand and collapse when I click on a subject this will display other forms I am wanting in that catagory. any idea on how to do this? Not sure exactly what you have in mind, but have you thought of hiding and showing the form. That is easy to do. There are some switchboard examples around if you search. One way is to use a form with a listbox down the left side. Clicking on an item in the listbox, opens a form inside the subform on the right side of the main form. Your code just change...

importing Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2003
In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and Received date for messages sent out have the same date. The import function in Outlook 2003 to import Outlook Express messages changes the Received Date to the date/time of the import. Is there a way to retain the Sent Date as the Received Date or is there a way to convert the Received Date of a sent e-mail to be the same as the e-mail's Sent Date. Regards, Rannoch "rannoch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016c01c42631$4e3d7500$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and ...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

Display of CRM data in SharePoint
Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? Thanks, -Rick M. Microsoft would require you to have a license per user I think ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick M" <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E731A1-D059-4D49-B879-6025A1817FD8@microsoft.com... > Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on > SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? > > Thanks, > -Rick...

Opening a new record form but allowing searches
I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up so that it allows for both? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:54:06 -0800, Fallout <Fallout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but >it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow >for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up ...

Outlook Data File Not Closing Properly
I always get the following error message when starting Outlook 2002 (running Office XP and Windows XP) : "The data file 'outlook' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." I get this message everytime (whether I hibernate or shut down) when I start Outlook. This checking of the file can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and is very frustrating. Anyone have any idea what the issue is ? This started happening just after I installed XP SP3. ...

FRx Export problem
Hi all, Hope someone can help. One of our users is trying to do an export from FRx to excel but is faced with the following error: Error 200 Application-defined or Object-defined error. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Many thanks Grant ...

BP Installation Error
Someone post this question before:- MbfPackager data importation process has failed. please c:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MbfPackager.Import.NoMerge.Common.xml for more information. Problem: When installing Microsoft Business Portal 2.5. Can anyone help me on this error? I'm installing Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. And, the BP is reading the Great Plains 8.0 database at another server. Cheers, Emily ...

business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007
Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried exporting to CSV but mapping was off. ...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
My main form has two different date fields on it. One date field needs to be re-certified every 6 months, and the other field needs to be re-certified every 12 months. I would like each of those fields to automatically change color depending on how much time as elapsed since that training. For the 6 month field, months 1-5 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow and anything expired should be red. For the 12 month field, months 1-11 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow, and anything expired should be red. Thank you in advance for your help! messingerjc wrote...

Access data
Is there a way to open an Access 97 database with Excel 97? Hi C, I have a hyperlink in my excel workbook that opens the access workbook, i use it for correction purposes. Would a hyperlink work? Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492101 In Excel try Data>Import External Data>Import Data or New Database Query Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 07:43:...