I can't edit existing records, only add new

I created a form with the intent of being an 'add new contact' form.  Well, I
want to reuse the form as an edit/update contact form also.  The problem is,
I can't view any existing records.  I have allow edits, deletions, additions
enabled.  Record locks = no locks.  Record selector and navigation buttons =
yes.  What am i missing?

Data Entry property

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"MeSteve" <MeSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a form with the intent of being an 'add new contact' form.  Well,
> want to reuse the form as an edit/update contact form also.  The problem
> is,
> I can't view any existing records.  I have allow edits, deletions,
> additions
> enabled.  Record locks = no locks.  Record selector and navigation buttons
> =
> yes.  What am i missing?

0
Jeff
1/16/2008 12:25:13 AM
There was a filter applied of some sort.  I hit the sort acsending button and
all records showed up.  I guess this is solved.  But I don't know how I set
that filter.

"MeSteve" wrote:

> I created a form with the intent of being an 'add new contact' form.  Well, I
> want to reuse the form as an edit/update contact form also.  The problem is,
> I can't view any existing records.  I have allow edits, deletions, additions
> enabled.  Record locks = no locks.  Record selector and navigation buttons =
> yes.  What am i missing?

New to Office 2007
I am used to using Office 2000 and have a spreadsheet that I don't know where to find a couple of thing, i wonder if someone could point me in the right direction. 1. I have some macros / visual basic where I normally just drag the modules into the newly created spreadsheet. Where can I find these on 2007? 2. I want to make the workbook smaller so I can see more cells, sort of zoom out as it where, what button does this? Many thanks -- Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net e-mail: kreh at southendweather dot net Keith(Southend) wrote: > I am used to using Office 2000 ...

Create new Exchange Mailbox without creating a new AD-User
I'm running Win2003SBS SP1 with Exchange2003 SP2. I would like to create funtional exchange-mailboxes (info@..., service@...) without creating a new AD-User as owner of these mailboxes. Owner should be an already existing AD-User. Is this possible and how could this be done. Thanks. Andreas Andreas Lauer IT Service wrote: > I'm running Win2003SBS SP1 with Exchange2003 SP2. > I would like to create funtional exchange-mailboxes (info@..., service@...) > without creating a new AD-User as owner of these mailboxes. Owner should be > an already existing AD-User. > Is thi...

New MS Point of Sale Software
hmmmm, seems MS is doing some work in the retail space. I wonder if this is totally different than RMS or the same software but w/o HQ..... http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&e=2&u=/nm/20050518/tc_nm/microsoft_retail_dc -- Bill Grohman IT Application Development The SCOOTER Store Bill Grohman wrote: > hmmmm, seems MS is doing some work in the retail space. I wonder if this is > totally different than RMS or the same software but w/o HQ..... RMS antonio LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq:MSFT - news), the world's largest software...

autocomplete not working after change to new server
I had to rebuild a new exchange server and have created a new set of users and email addresses. The autocomplete setting is on in Outlook, and the global address list is set up with the new users email addresses etc. However the users still log in using the old account info, and have full mailbox access to their new account's mailbox (on the new server) Its a bit messy for now, but Im using exmerge to get the old emails out of the dead server. Thanks L Do new profiles have this issue? What happens why they try to check name? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provide...

keep record of files
is there anyway to have some files of excel or word always as recent used files or some other method not to have to search for these files cosntantly thru the whole computer even if they not been recently opened or used You could keep shortcuts to the files in a folder on your desktop, or on the Quick Launch bar in the Windows Taskbar. Word has a Work menu that you can add to the menu bar, (Tools>Customize). Use it to display a list of documents for easy access. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "dk" wrote: > is t...

How do I add the file path as a footnote in word 2007?
I am trying to add the full file path on word footnotes. On Word 2003 there was a button to click and it did it.. but I'm having problems finding how to do it on 2007. I do not have "2. Locate the Building Block named File Name And Path" how do I find it? "dmower" wrote: > I am trying to add the full file path on word footnotes. On Word 2003 there > was a button to click and it did it.. but I'm having problems finding how to > do it on 2007. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300002951033.aspx -- Suzanne S. Barnhill ...

Chart Problem ( X-Axis Shrinks as new data added)
Dear Forum Members, This is my first post in this forum. I have made a chart using the following Informative link by Jon Peltier http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 The chart have a large range comprising of abt 1500 rows. I am using the simple Line Chart. I want to see the chart of data covering 200 rows at a time . but when I add data abt 17 rows it shrinks and doesnt show me the chart of all the data I have added the slidders to control the Sart and the end dates. I have start Date in cell G1=02-01-1998 I have End Date in cell G2=27-01-1998 I...

Report on missing records
Hi, I have two tables. One with employees, which include a start date and - if already determined!) an end date of employment. For each week that people work - which is for the whole period that they are under contract - they are supposed to fill in hour sheets. These are then entered by a data entry person into a database. In that database we have the table EMPLOYEE with amongst other the fields Name, Startdate and Enddate. In the table HOURS we save all the hours that people work, in weekly records. The Important fields in this table are Employee_ID (link to a normalised Employee Name/Addr...

unique records #2
Can someone help me with finding unique company names in a spreadsheet. I was given this formula, but it doesn't seem to work I have the names in D2, so I used =COUNTIF(D2:OFFSET(D2,,,COUNTD(D:D)-1),D2)=1 Below is the original response. Thanks. -------------------------------------------- Let's assume contacts are in col. A, with headers in row 1: > > 1. In an open cell outside your data key in this (say E5): > =COUNTIF(A2:OFFSET(A2,,,COUNTA(A:A)-1),A2)=1 > 2. Click somewhere inside your data. > 3. Go to Data > Filter > Advanced Filter > 4. XL should ...

Excel 2007 Macro Recorder Defective
When automatically recording macro actions around formula-driven conditional formatting, the recorder does not properly take into account Excel 2007's ability to re-order conditional formatting rules. For example, if one enters three rules to be sequentially applied to a range, the recorder will (usually) create the VBA code that matches the intended ordering. However, if the user re-sequences the order, the macro recorder is not able to adjust the VBA code to meet the new requirements. It took me awhile to figure out why the automatic code wasn't working. Has this problem been...

How do I save a record from an excel template to a database in a .
How do I save a record from an Excel template to a database in a single step. Currently, the process is to click on file save, then when the second window appears, select create new record, and ok. I would like to save the data as a new record in the database using a single step. hi, do the whole process you just described on macro record. Tools>macro>record new macor. Then on the template add a command button from the toolbox and attach the macro to it. how? 1.drag the button from the toolbox toolbar to where you want it. 2.right click the button>click view code. 3. between...

Applying a different syle set to an existing doc
Hello, I am up to a task that should not be too difficult, but I would really like to know what is the proper way to approach it, with Word 2007. I am given an existing doc (hundreds of pages) formatted with a set of custom styles. I am also given a template file, conteining a new different set of styles. I need to apply the new set to the doc. I am looking for the proper way to: 1) Import the new style set in my doc 2) Apply some kind of "mapping" between the old and the new styles (I hope I don't have to do it selecting paraghraph by paragraph ...) Thank...

Add curve to existing chart
Hello, I should add to an existing chart another curve with VBA. The Charttyp is an XY-Plot! I work with WinXP and Excel 2002! Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance! daMike Turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), copy the data, select the chart, select Edit | Paste Special..., follow the directions, and when done, turn off the recorder. XL will give you the necessary code, which you can further adapt. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2003 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions ...

Working with Add-Ins and menus
I am trying to save my macros as an Add-In which, when loaded, wil automatically create a menu in the worksheet menu bar complete wit menu items which call macros in my add-in workbook (like man commercially-available Add-Ins). I have all my macros ready to go, but I'm not sure what code bes accomplishes what I am trying to do. Do I want to use Workbook_Open ( and then call my create_menu macro or should I be looking at an Add-I install event or something? I just don't know how this is done, right now. I was thinking perhap something like: Sub Workbook_Open() Call create_menu End...

Creating a brand new Lookup Attribute
I have successfully created a new Attribute of type Lookup and linked it up to the Case entity. (by fiddling the metadata) It appears in the Deployment mgr fine, and can also be added to the Case form. The Case form will render properly in preview mode, but obviously when you click the field, it cannot actually perform the lookup operation. What must I implement in order to get lookup working properly? I have seen the wwwroot/_controls/lookup dir and assume something must be done there, but what exactly? TIA, Manfred Suttorp Hi, Meranti, You have to PUBLISH new customization through Mic...

Selecting a Record in Datasheet View from Linked Table
I would like to create a "yes/no" field in a datasheet view that is based on a linked table that I can not modify. Is there a way to create a temporary table that I can pull into the query that could contain this "yes/no" field without having to actually add a field to the original table? Thanks! Oh, forgot to reply to your question below. the only action I want to take in the form is to be able to check the "yes/no" box to select that record. I will be adding functionality to update fields in another table based on the rows I select. "SteveD"...

Upgrade from 8.0 to 10.0 on new server
We have GP 8.0 SP5 running on a Windows 2000 server with SQL 2000. We have brought up a new box with Windows 2003 Server (32-bit) and SQL 2005. We would like to upgrade our GP from 8 to 10. What's the best way to go about doing this? I started following the instructions for transferring an existed GP install, but after installing version 10 on the new server, GP Utilities said the tables needed to be upgraded. I'd like to do this without having to touch the working version 8 install on the SQL 2000 server. I must be missing something because it all sounds normal. 1. Copy 8....

QSRules
Hi All, I am adding items to a sale via a COM Add-in attached to a custom button at POS. The code seems to be working fine but the screen does not refresh after the item is added via QSRules - The only way I can get it to refresh is to add another item to the sale and then my item appears. I am unable to use PerformAddItem from QSBridge as I am using a COM add-in which does lots of other stuff. Am I missing a call to some sort of refresh event? Has anyone struck this before? Do you have a workaround? Kind Regards, Jason. Jason, Use RefreshDisplay CP.Dinesh "Jason" wrote...

MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition support to replace MSDE
It looks like MS SQL Server 2005 Express edition is being groomed as a replacement for MSDE, and it could have a lot of advantages RMS users. SQL express is free like MSDE, but without the silly workload governer (limits MSDE to 8 concurrent DB tasks), and would allow databases of up to 4 gigs (vs MSDE 2 gig). I suppose there would need to be some kind of certification, and Server express is still in beta, but wouldn't it be nice? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsse/html/sseoverview.asp Comparison with MSDE SQL Server Express replaces Microsoft S...

Excel 2003 Professional Edition - Exporting XML Data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4D204.7A9B0B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have optional elements in my schema. Presently, if the cells mapped = to the attributes of the optional elements are left blank, the elements = are written with "0" as the attribute (see example below). However, I = want the optional elements ("Element1" and "Element2" in the example = below) to be omitted from the exported XML file. For example I get ... <Properti...

Expanding a distrobution List in a new mail
Hi All, I have Outlook 2003 and some of my users who try and send a mail to a DL are unable to expand the list because there is not a '+' sign next to it. I can do this on my client. where is the setting for this? I have been unable to find it. The real reason we are trying to do this is because we need to print these lists some times. Thanks in advance. Dave There is no such setting. All DL's in Outlook 2003 have this option by default. Corrupt ones will not, and most DL's are corrupt by the time you get around to using them--especially if they were created in an earli...

Need to stop form from going to first record
I've searched the forum archives and haven't found the same scenario I'm in. There's a few similar problems but the proposals in those didn't work for me so I'm posting a new plea for help. I have a small 3-user database. It's a Access 2000 front-end with a SQL back-end. The application has a main form that handles 99.99% of the user interaction (the rest is look-up list editing forms). There are no sub-forms or tabs or anything else remotely complicated about the form. Anyway the problem I've run into is that whenever a record is updated and then saved th...

Intelligent Apps add-on group?
Hello, Does anyone know if there are any discussion/support groups for the Excel add-on Intelligent Apps? I've tried Google groups and here, but couldn't find anything... Cheers, Shaun ...

New set... can i transfer old folders and contents?
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. We are upgrading our "main" computer and are using the old compter (still on the network) as the kids computer. What I want to know is that we will primarily be accessing our emails from the new set and I want to "transfer" the exisitign email folders and email contents from the old set to the new. There is lots of business correspondence etc in these saved files, that we refer to frequently. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance for any feedback assistance anyone can offer. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto...

edit Excel template
I have an existing template that was passed down to me from the previous person working my job. My problem is that I need to modify it. How do I do this? One of the items I want to be able to do is to automatically insert blank rows, and I have no idea how to accomplish this. Any ideas? 1) Copy the .xlt file (so you retain the original as backup) 2) Rename the file extension .xls 3) Make your changes 4) Save As YourFileName.xlt How you insert your row depends what problem you need to solve. Some examples follow. This is a recorded macro that always selects row 3 and inserts a row: Su...