how to show if at least one match exists for a record

For a given part number (Part# table) there may be one or more Defect Records
(Defects table). On a form with the list of part numbers, a field will
highlight if at least one Defect record exists. This form needs to have some
controls that are editable.

In the query for the form, I referenced another query that will return a
value if at least one defect exists for the part number. Works great, but
using that method makes my main query un-editable.

The other method is to use a domain aggregate function on my form to
reference the Defect query, but this makes the form very sluggish.

Any other ideas how to do it?

Thanks!

Just one more table to link!!!!!!
-- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Inc. I can help you but need more details. Can you email me the report at staceyleelee@hotmail.com "Kate Hulit" wrote: > > -- > Kate Hulit > Asyma Systems Inc. If you are trying to link tables to a report and are finding it difficult to create the relationship, you can always use VBA if you are registered for Modifier & VBA to read the data directly from SQL. Just a thought. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Micorosoft Dynamics (form...

Assigning Records
When a Microsoft CRM Record is assigned from one Microsoft CRM User to another, the Microsoft CRM User who assigned the record will maintain share privileges on that record once it has been assigned. The ownership of that record will be changed to the Microsoft CRM User the record was assigned to, but the User who assigned the record (the previous owner) will still maintain share privileges on that record. (KB861702) We have a situation where we our system reassigns accounts to different users quite often. We would not like the previous owner to have share privileges on that record. It...

Way to turn off "show in Groups" globally
When I look at E-Mail folders in Outlook (2003), by default "show in groups" (View / Arrange by / Show in Groups) is turned on. It's clear how to turn this off for any single folder, but is there a way to turn it off globally? I have over 1,000 folders in my E-Mail PST file. do you have many custom views? if not, the best way is to restart outlook using the /cleanviews switch. Then go to View, Arrange By, Current view, Define view and choose Messages, then modify and change the grouping. if you have a lot of custom views, you can try changing the grouping in Views but ...

Summing values where one is #Error doesn't work
I have a raw_data table (originating from an external source and pasted regularly into Access). I have a normalised_query query based on raw_data and doing 'stuff' including converting a text column to a number column. Where this conversion fails (<1% of cases) the column in the query contains #Error. I now want to run another query which includes a sum of that column, but because the value #Error appears in one of the rows, the sum fails. What's the simplest way around this? How are you converting the text to number? You might try something like: IIF(isnumeric([you...

Report writer
I have 'rewritten' SOP BLANK INVOICE HISTORY FORM. I have substantially modified it. I am now happy with it. Is there any way I can copy/ paste/export/ import this in such a way that I can replace SOP BLANK INVOICE FORM i.e. I am trying to avoid having to do it all again in SOP BLANK INVOICE FORM starting at square 1. If I understand you correctly you simply want to change the name of the report. This can be done if you use Tools -> Customize -> Customization Maintenance to export to a package file, then edit the package file in notepad or any other text editor. Save a...

New user dosn't show up in GAB
I have created a new user and wanted to setup his outlook. It did not accept his name. Then i checked the GAB and it's not listed. The new user is not invisible, and i could access his mailbox via OWA. We have recently upgraded to exchange 2003 but it's not in 2003 mode, it's still in 2000 2003 mix mode. The original server has been shutdown, it was a windows 2000 server DC with GC and it had exchange 2000 and all the mailboxes. This is the error from my event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 2/21/2005 Time: ...

DPM 2007 and DVD recorders
I'm going to evaluate DPM 2007 but before I've a question: does DPM 2007 supports DVD recorders for permanent data archive ? Thanks in advance. F. On 22 Feb, 20:25, "Fab <fabrizio.nos...@nospam.nospam>" > I'm going to evaluate DPM 2007 but before I've a question: does DPM > 2007 supports DVD recorders for permanent data archive ? From the technet web site: "DPM does not support Write-Once Read-Many (WORM) media." Hope to be wrong... F. http://www.ss-infrastructure.com/2009/12/dpm-and-tapes-things-to-consider.html ...

How to restrict the use of a workbook to one computer?
Hi, I need to restrict the use of a workbook to one computer. Is there some way to do this? Thanks in anticipation. Ivar Ivar, Not reliably from within Excel. If I want to use your file on another computer, I will be able to figure a way around whatever you do, unless you do something within a compiled DLL or XLL module. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ivar" <ivarcarstensen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d8040973.0406300609.6cd00f1@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I need to restrict the use of a workbook to one computer. > Is there some way to do this? > >...

Item Extension record required for all items in Returns Management
We've been testing the Returns Management module using the Fabrikam company to see if it will be something we can benefit from. Our testing has shown that in order for the system to pull the item's Current Cost (from the Item Master), you must create an Item Extension record for the item and check the box marked 'Use Current Cost'. If you don't create the record, the system will default to a zero cost. (This assumes that you don't associate the return with an existing invoice where the customer bought the item). To me, this seems to be a maintenance nightmare. O...

columns show as numbers
I just noticed that all of my columns now show up as numbers instead of letters, which makes it difficult for entering formulas - how do I get the columns back to letters Tools, Options, General, (uncheck) R1C1 reference style --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "jbv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B43F64D5-7296-43AB-A137-98F623BC5236@microsoft.com... > I just noticed tha...

Show all data -- FMR
I have 4 tables, each shares Date and Service, but after that they vary from budget details, to capacity details, all the way to actual details. Since the budget details go out into the future and the actuals do not, I want to produce a worksheet showing data from all tables from a date and out to a specified date. I know how to do the date request but the only data I get from my query is what is populated in all tables. (linked on Service and Date) Any assistance would be appreciated: EX: Date Forcast Budget Actual 1/1/07 ...

Locking records once "closed"
The user is selects their name from a drop down menu. When the cell e X1 is filled the completed date is automaticallly entered based o if(X1<>"",NOW(),""). After this happens I would like to change the formula cell to a date so that it will not change everytime the worksheet is opened. How do achieve this without using VB. Is it possible to protect cells once X1<>"", or better yet change al dates on that row to lock. Or is there another method of achieving the same objective. That i once a record is complete no further changes cand be made. T...

Change margin on one page not all
I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but the margins crop some of them off. When I try to change the margins on one page it changes them all. Can anyone offer advise on what to do. I only want to change the margins on the one page. You will need to have a separate section to accomplish what you wish, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsectionscontent.htm for further information. Hope this helps DeanH "firefiten" wrote: > I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but >...

Send Out of Office more than one time
Hi! Is it possible to send more than one Out of Office message to the same person? Im using Exchange 2003. Regards, Mikael Johem On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:55:04 -0700, Mikael Johem <MikaelJohem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >Is it possible to send more than one Out of Office message to the same person? >Im using Exchange 2003. > > >Regards, > >Mikael Johem What is the goal? Sending an OOF once is a good preventative measure against mail loops. On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:55:04 -0700, Mikael Johem <MikaelJohem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Listing a selection of data from one worksheet on another
At the moment I have a worksheet with a list of client in one column and then in another column that uses an IF formula to display either the number of days to the deadline or text which says No Deadline. What I want to do is enter some kind of formula so that a list of clients with deadlines between 1 and 7 days appears on another worksheet automatically with the number of days to the deadline next to them. To make it even harder the list is currently in name order but on the new worksheet I would like it to automatically appear in days til deadline order with lowest number of days a...

How to alphabetize 8 columns as one?
I have a list of 350 customers that references a grid location. I need to print this list in 8 columns to minimize the pages that print with the map. To get this to print, I have been cutting and pasting; very time consuming when 1 item changes. How can I sort the columns to avoid redoing the print copy each time? The easist way will be to have the actual data stored as a single column. Let's say its located in column A, starting at A1. If you want to make 8 columns, with a limit of 45 entires per column, you could use this formula: =INDEX($A:$A,ROW(A1)+(COLUMN(A1)-1)*45) ...

2 sets of data I need one line
I have two sets of data, height and distance and I want both to be on the same line and not two seperate lines. I would appreciate any help Thanks Hi, You need to create a xy scatter chart. Assuming you have already tried selecting both ranges of data and creating a chart try this instead. Select the y values and create a xy scatter chart. Then right click chart and use the Source data dialog to specify the x values. Cheers Andy Tim wrote: > I have two sets of data, height and distance and I want both to be on the > same line and not two seperate lines. I would appreciate any he...

File Dialog Explorer style + manipulate existing controls #3
First, thx for your replies on my first question. I ave another question: in my application I have an online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the languages German, English and French. Can i manipulate the buttons and labels of the modern file-open-dialog at runtime? I don't want to add new controls only manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this possible with the file dialog which uses explorer style? thx ...

PO not available to Enter/Match Invoices
There was a PO that was created with 4 different items. A quantity of 500 was ordered for each item. The receipt had quantities of 546, 476, 512, 522, and 508. They now need to match the AP Invoice to the receipt, but when they go to Enter/Match Invoices, the PO is not there to invoice. If you manually type the PO, a message comes up saying that the PO has been closed. Why would the PO have closed? It should still have a status of released. Is there any way that I can open the PO back up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks There is a transaction that allows users to e...

One additional discovery relating to this issue.
One additional bit of info - on advice of my mentor, I ditched the lookups in the table - he indicated that might be an issue. I then made lookups in the form itself, and I can see the lists - no problem there. But I still can't add a record (same error messages as below) - UNTIL I uncheck "enforce referential integrity" on the relationship line between tblBusiness & tblContact. I wish I wish I wish I could enforce referential integrity. Ideas? yes, you made a very wise move in removing the Lookup from tblContacts (if you've any remaining doubt, see http://www....

Pls Help me for install different version office on one computer
As I have old version of account software I must keep MSWord 2000 & MSExcel 2000 on my computer. However,I only get license of standard version of office(without access 2000) I try to install office office XP(with access xp) on my computer. So I install office xp (choose access xp only) and I keep excel 2000 & word 2000 on the computer. However I found that I can't use " export" function to excel2000 on access xp. when I do it so,the computer become hang and no response.and then I can't open excel again. Thx help me for doing so I don't know if this will hel...

Retrieving data from multiple records
How do I put data from multiple records in one report on one line. I have parents in one table and children in another. Each child has its own record. How can I include a sentence like this in a report when the children's names come from various records: "Thank you for registering Brianna, Sean, and Emma for our art workshop." Also, there are other children in the family who were not registered. Using Access 2003. Thanks for your help. There is a generic function that will concatenate the child records at http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T...

Get the ID of a newly added record
I have a table that is being accessed through a class derived from MFC's CRecordSet. The table is actually implemented in Access and it's ID is an auto number field. After doing an AddNew to the table, how can the newly added row's ID be retrieved? In SQL server, I just would have created a stored procedure which would have added the row and returned the ID. obviously, I can't do that in Access. Any ideas? -- Richard Lewis Haggard Hi U�ytkownik "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:%23VlM$X1%23EHA.4092@TK2MSF...

In publisher I lost my view of choosing page one or page two (fr.
I have used publisher for years, and suddenly whatever publisher file I open, that have front and back pages, I cant view the two pages selector on the lower left area of my form. When I print, it will pront both fromt and back pages on two sheets as page one and two but I can't select between page one and two, to edit page two, as I only see page one. View--status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A39AE1F-1436-4F29-83C0-136...

Combo box for related records AND non-related records
Hello, Sorry if this question has been answered, but my searches have not yielded the posts. Here is what I want to do: I have a form with a combo box for City and one for State. I have two lookup tables: lkpCity cityID, City, stateID lkpState stateID, State I have the combo box for City set up, and the one for State to depend on the control for City. These are necessary because we've got a lot of spelling errors. Very often, however, the respondents whose data we are entering fail to provide a city, but list their state. If this happens, I can't get a l...