How to make check box obvious?

When I tab to a check box there is an almost invisible indication that I am
there: the label is outlined in dots. How can I accentuate the fact that the
check box has the focus?
Ron

Ron

A couple options...

If you change the text color, text size/bold, or back color of that label,
it would be more obvious.

Or possibly creating an empty and unbordered textbox behind the checkbox,
then changing the backcolor of the textbox.

Good luck!

--

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in
this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does
not constitute endorsement thereof.

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Ron Carr" <RonCarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I tab to a check box there is an almost invisible indication that I
> am
> there: the label is outlined in dots. How can I accentuate the fact that
> the
> check box has the focus?
> Ron

0
Jeff
11/16/2009 1:40:19 PM
Ron,
    Many ways to do that.  One popular method is to change the color
of the text control's label.
    Use the OnEnter event of the checkbox to change the color of it's
label...
    Use the OnExit event of the checkbox to change the color back...
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Ron Carr" <RonCarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I tab to a check box there is an almost invisible indication that I
> am
> there: the label is outlined in dots. How can I accentuate the fact that
> the
> check box has the focus?
> Ron

0
Al

How to make a macro with relative references
I need to make a macro that when I run it, it always starts at the cell from where the cursor is. From that starting position, it moves 2 cells to the left and does something. I can't seem to do that. When I look at the code, it seems to have hard-coded movement to the cell that I recorded the macro. So how do I get the macro's code to use cell navigation relative to the cell I run the macro? Activecell.offset(0,-2).value = "hi there" would put the text "hi there" in the cell two cells to the left of the activecell. Hall wrote: > > I need to mak...

Vlookup combo box troubles
I ahve no idea what it is called but will try to explain. I have a vloolup table on one sheet and another with combo dropdown lists used in excel 2003 on my pc at home and on my work pc that when an item is required for selection or entry using the combo drop down boxes, the initial letters of the product entered are searched on by those characters. However, when this excel file is sent to other users, it works on some pcs at work and not others. The combo drop down box will not open up (when i double click the cell to search by characters entered from the vlkup) but only the list box ...

checking parity error on com port
hi, For reading a special protocol (seatalk bus). I have to detect error parity on rs232 transmission. I dont know how to do it ? some one can help me? Thanks, To perform a parity check the software and the instrument must obviously agree on how they are calculating the Parity Bit. Are they setting it on for an even or odd number of 1's ? When a device uses Even Parity, the data bits and the parity bit will always contain an even number of 1's. The reverse is true for Odd Parity. You should better refer the RS232 protocol for further details Cheers Jagadeesh "Christophe 83&q...

Text box line colours
Using publisher 2003 I have several pages which contain many text boxes, the outlines in all of these are green, is there a way to change the outline colour to black en masse without having to go through each page and each text box individually? thanks Select a text box, change the colour to black, while the text box is selected double-click the painter tool, click each text box. It isn't en masse, but it is quicker. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:aED3m.65058$ZB1.3740@newsfe11.ams2... > Using pu...

OT...check this out...OT
http://www.escapeyesterworld.com/ try all the controls -- John Inzer Thanks John...pretty nifty. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message news:uuhImG%23mFHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > http://www.escapeyesterworld.com/ > try all the controls > > -- > > John Inzer > > ...

What is the advantage of using a "Chart Title" object over just another text box?
It kind of drives me nuts that I can't expand the box that the chart title is in, which is a trick I use sometimes to make sure text in a text box is centered precisely (center alignment, text box expanded horizontally to the width of the chart). Is it easier to access programatically, or where is the percentage here? Additionally, I note that while you can use nudge (and other drawing functions) on a text box, you cannot do this on a chart title. On Feb 23, 12:18 pm, "Taylor" <taylor.bry...@gmail.com> wrote: > It kind of drives me nuts that I can't expand the b...

Attachment makes the msg text disappear?
Hi, using Outlook 2002. I have a user who claims that sometimes when he inserts a document into a message it irrevocably deletes his message text. This only happens with attachments. I haven't been able to recreate this on his or anyone's machine, but I was wonder if anyone has heard of this before I pin the problem on the interface between the seat and the keyboard. We do use iManage, and it is probably primarily iManage documents he's inserting. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Doreen ...

Jpegs printing as black boxes
Sometimes when I insert our logo (a jpeg file) into publisher, it prints as a black box. I can't figure out why or how to get around it. Any suggestions? ...

'ENTER' key problem in edit box #2
I have created a dialog box,in that I have a child dialog box (style control=1 to solve the tab order prob between main dlg and child dlg). In the child dlg, I have an edit box(style wantreturn=set) and a list box. When the 'ENTER' key is pressed in the edit box,I have to take the editbox value to listbox. If the 'ENTER' key is pressed, it's calling the OnOK function of main dlg(it is correct only). But i cant able to validate everything there. If I set the control style value back to 0, now it is calling the OnOK function of child dlg and the validation is perfect. but...

Pre
Hi All, Here's a tricky one, Is it possible to create a combo box type control within Excel that can pre - empt your selection, ie. it auto completes your entry as you type ? Thanks, Neil There is a combobox on the control toolbox toolbar that can be set this way. Right click on that combobox and choose properties. You'll want to change the style to: fmstyledropdownlist and change the matchentry to: fmmatchentrycomplete As well as setting linkedcell and listfillrange properties. Neil wrote: > > Hi All, > > Here's a tricky one, > > Is it possible to...

Data Sheet to Text Box
Using Excel 2003. Have a user who has a workbook with sheet 1 being the datasheet and then multiple sheets behind it each containing a chart. Within some of these worksheets, he has a textbox into which he would like information from the datasheet to show. Can this be done and, if so, how? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, You can link chart titles and autoshape textboxes to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm To add a textbox, in xl2003, you can select the chart and then just type some text. The textbox will be automatically inserted. You can then link it to a...

Outlook 2003 should let me use Word 2002 to spell check.
As a user using Word 2002 I have just purchased Outlook 2003. However I am very dissappointed to see that only Word 2003 can be used in Outlook to spell check! I think it unreasonable to expect home pc users to upgrade all packages every year! You can spell check on either F7 or set OL to spell check on send. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutio...

Assigning F key to checking of one account only
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, Can I assign an "F" key for "Send /Receive" of one my email accounts (only that one)? I use F9 a times for the whole group together but haven't figured out how to do something similar for a chosen account (without creating a macro). Any ideas? Tx, S The keys in Outlook, unlike Word, are hard coded. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.c...

Programatically check whether pst file is password protected or not?
Hi. I want to programatically check whether pst (Personal fodler) file is password protected or not? Is there is any way to do that? I know of no way to do that other than trying to open it, which would display a prompt to enter a password. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "ashwin" <ashwinsancheti@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167819317.924593.199910@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com.....

Making a big app, Unicode aware?
I'm working on making a big app Unicode aware. It does a lot of heavy string processing, using the CString class. The string processing already works just fine on UTF-8 and Latin1 and other single byte encodings. But if we send stuff through to the GUI, we get bad results. Now, this is a large app, and it does a lot of heavy string processing on XML. Most of the time, the input is UTF-8. We don't need to care about the fact that some characters are multiple bytes, because we only process markup, which are all single byte. Multiple-byte characters cause no problems for this single-...

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

how do I make a business card from a postcard I've designed?
I have designed a postcard but now I want to make a business card using the same design, how do I do that without starting again? Copy, paste, adjust. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MeecooK" <MeecooK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:980F0825-846C-4836-A527-B177B255C06C@microsoft.com... >I have designed a postcard but now I want to make a business card using the > same design, how do I do that without starting again? Or, Open the postcard file, File, Save as... BusCard.pu...

How do I make 4 description notes per page? Each note is differen.
I have 8X8 paper and I want to make 4 notes per page. Each will have different content. What do I do? I keep getting the same thing repeated 4 times. Setup your printer for a custom size of 8x8. In page setup create a custom size publication 8x8. If you are using 2007, use the Advanced setup on the right. One the publication page --- Arrange, Layout Guides, Type a margin you want for your cards. Grid guides, 2 columns, type the margin x 2 in the spacing. 2 rows, again type the margin x 2 in the spacing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "sweetyjss" <sweetyjss@discus...

Combo box and password protection
I have a spreadsheet that has a combo box on it. The box has 11 selections and when I try to make a selection I get a message that the spreadsheet is protected. Can someone tell me how to use the combo box and also have the spreadsheet protected. Thanks to All DLS dlslv@cox.net Unlock the cell that is linked to the combobox. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy DLS <dlslv@cox.net> wrote in message news:e4d324b0.0310121454.2db01592@posting.google.com... > I have a spreadsheet that has a combo box on it. The box has 11 > selections and when I try to make a selection I get a message that the >...

How to Make macros work automatically on opening the worksheet
Hi All, I have a worksheet which contains combox and textboxes i have written a macro to fill the comboboxes with values. My problem is this macro works only when i press F5 or if i select the macro and click on the run button. Is there a way to automatically run the macro on opening the worksheet. if so where/what code to be written to make this process run? Plz help me out -- sjayar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sjayar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28435 View this thread: http://www.excelforum...

Results on Combo Box selection or last update
I have a database that tracks all active programs and their funding status, which is suppose to be reported every two weeks. I have a query that is dependent upon a report date selection in Combo0 which works perfectly but now I need the query to pull those reports that not only match the date selection in the combo box but list the latest record for those that did not have input to match that datereport So in my query I have the below statement under the criteria of the datereport field and that works great to capture the selected date from the combo box. [Forms]![frmRptQuery]![Co...

Spell Checking in Mac Office 2008
Hello! I am a Portuguese user of Mac Office 2004 and since the 2008 version is already on pre-sale here and can be ordered I want to know if Mac Office 2008 have spell checking for Portuguese language. Mac Office 2004 have a good Portuguese dictionary... but since I was still here in the time of Mac Office X and it couldn't spell check in Portuguese at all... I need to be sure if Portuguese spell checking is a feature of Mac Office 2008 before I decide to order it. Any information or reference will be appreciated, Thanks. Valente Silva I can't say for sure, but if 2004 has a [goo...

run time caption settings for dialog box
Hi in runtim how can i assign caption for button or label for a dialog box in MFC app regards ttk CButton* pButton = (CButton*)GetDlgItem( IDC_MYBUTTON ); pButton->SetWindowText("hmmm....") "ttk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63FFE7EE-E7AD-4519-8BF0-1D1B274C0597@microsoft.com... > Hi, > in runtime > how can i assign caption for button or label for a dialog box in MFC appn > regards, > ttk Except you should avoid GetDlgItem entirely. Create a member control variable using ClassWizard, and just call SetWindowTex...

Use Excel to make an update query to another database table?
I have a spreadsheet in Excel with information on it that I'd like to update to a database table (outside of Excel). I have been using Excel to pull database information in, and now I'd like to use it to write data to the same table. To this point I've just been copying the data into an Access table and creating an update query. Anyway to get Excel to do this?? Many thanks in advance. ...

PM check numbering
Other than the user overriding the check number for a payables check run, is there a reason why a check number might be skipped? Thanks, M. M, When you go to enter a Manual Payment transaction, the default Payment Method is Check...if someone is recording a wire payment, but doesn't change the Document Number or the Payment Method, then the next available check number is used by this transaction even though you have not printed a check. Similarly, when you enter a Bank Transaction, the default Type is Check and if you don't change that or the Number, this transaction will u...