How to code an Invouce Number

I have a bad habit of using "autonumber" too much and in the wrong places.

SO I need some suggestions for creating an invoice numbering system that
increments by one with each new order but does not increment if the order
was not completed.
And maybe some way to show as "voided" if an order was cancled.

Thanks much,

dave

0
Dave

You can just use a DMax() in the BeforeInsert event and in the BeforeUpdate
event IF Me.NewRecord.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
8/21/2007 5:39:11 PM
I will have to get my head around those but thank you

Dave
"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" <u12102@uwe> wrote in message
> You can just use a DMax() in the BeforeInsert event and in the
> BeforeUpdate
> event IF Me.NewRecord.
>
> Dave wrote:
>>I have a bad habit of using "autonumber" too much and in the wrong places.
>>
>>SO I need some suggestions for creating an invoice numbering system that
>>increments by one with each new order but does not increment if the order
>>was not completed.
>>And maybe some way to show as "voided" if an order was cancled.
>>
>>Thanks much,
>>
>>dave
>
> --
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Dave

Page Numbers #2
I'm totally new to Excel but having to use it for some coursework, I have all the info in the one file, 6 sheets numbered 1-6 but when I print them thay all say Page1, how can i merge them into one document so that when I print them they are numbered 1 to 6... Cheers Steve. Hi Steve, Group the worksheets, then print. Be sure to ungroup the worksheets afterwards as any change made to the visible worksheet will be made to the others (severe damage may occur). To Group the worksheets, select worksheet, hold ctrl and select another. You can use the shift key for range. To group all...

Exceeding the 15 digit max number precision
Is there a way to exceed the 15 digit max? I'd like to be able to apply a custom number format that would format a 17 digit number to appear as 000-000-000-000-000-00. Thanks in advance. Joe, You're going to have to use strings to have 17 digits displayed, which means that formatting won't work, which means you're going to have to type in the dashes yourself, or use a string manipulation formula. HTH, Bernie "Joe Smith" <jsmith@nospamattbi.com> wrote in message news:03a001c38f65$43c46880$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to exceed the 15 digit max...

Number of contacts in crm
Is there an equivalent to the sql (select count(*) from table) in CRM -- Regards, Pedro Airó you can use the query class which uses fetch xml http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2crmqueryexecutequerymethod.asp -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Pedro Airo" <pedro_airo@netcabo.pt> wrote in message news:27E5C555-BAAE-4C4C-8F84-1DD204845F28@microsoft.com... > Is there an equivalent to the sql (select count(*) from table) in CRM > > -- > Regards, > Pedro Air´┐Ż Yes, but where ...

Is there a simple way to generate patterns of numbers in XL ?
Hi I often want to generate simple patterns of numbers, but have yet to find an easy way of doing this in excel. It's really easy in minitab (for example) to get simple patterns using the 'set' command ... MTB > Set c1 DATA> 1( 1 : 72 / 1 )32 DATA> End. This generates (in column 1) 32 1's, then 32 2's, 32 3's ... down to 32 72's very quickly and easily. I have not yet found anything similar in XL to do this sort of thing but can't help the feling I'm missing something. Anyone have any idea how to do this sort of thing in ...

problems entering in numbers
When i try to enter in 12 into a cell i actually get 0.12 i have tried to adjust using the format cells option but to no avail. Is there a fix or am i missing or overlooking something! Thanks Ian You need to use Tools | Options; open the Edit tab; uncheck the Fixed Decimals box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81286E8F-9612-4A1D-9916-5E3CA4F9D325@microsoft.com... > When i try to enter in 12 into a cell i actually get 0.12 > i have tried to adjust using ...

showing numbers lower than 8 in red
I need to show all marks that are lower than 8 in red. Please can anyone help?! Format / Conditional Formatting / Cell Value is 'less than' 8 - Hit Format button and choose either a red font, or perhaps a red pattern with a white font. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...

Number formatting: General + separator?
I would like to format cells so the numbers are displayed like the general format but with the thousands separator. I can't figure out how to insert the thousands separator without fixing the number of decimal places. For instance, I would like =1000*pi() to display as 3,141.59265 (showing as many decimal places as will fit in the cell). I would like =10 to display as 10 . Thanks for any hints. I don't think you can do this with a number format, but you can do it with a formula like: =TEXT(A1,"#,##0")&IF(A1=TRUNC(A1),"",&qu...

VBA code to launch Email
I am looking for a vba code that when run, will open the email browser insert email addresses into the (To:) and have the workbook i'm runnin the vga code in attached to this email message. Is this possible? -- Et3rna ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Et3rnal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=445 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26267 Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Et3rnal" <Et3rnal.1d0okp@excelfor...

In excel how do I increase a number in a cell by 1 after I print?
I use excel to print blank invoices for my company and i want that prints on the invoice to go to the next higher number after everytime i print. any suggestions? Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site for adding a number to a cell each time a copy is printed. http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#number Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:44:11 -0700, mjtaxpro <mjtaxpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I use excel to print blank invoices for my company and i want that prints on >the invoice to go to the next higher number after everytime i print. any >s...

How do I count the number of brackets within a formula (cell)?
I am reviewing vehicle usage. An example of a formula under review is as follows: =(5-2)+(6-2)+(8-3). This will add up the kilometers. The 2nd column (the problem), I want to calculate is the number of trips. Each bracket is considered one trip. In the above example that would be a total of 3 trips and total of 12 km. One way, using a UDF: Public Function NumTrips(rng As Excel.Range) As Variant With rng If Not .HasFormula Then NumTrips = 0 ' or CVErr(xlErrRef) Else NumTrips = Len(.Formula) - _ ...

To see document page number at bottom of monitor screen
The document page number has usually been given at the bottom of my monitor screen on a toolbar. I lost it. How can I recover it? If you are using Word 2007, right-click the status bar. On the context menu, click to select the items that you want to show. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Alfredo" <Alfredo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABF499F0-3CB9-4FC6-B8EE-5C1179DDD3F4@microsoft.com... > The document page number has usually been given at the bottom of my > monitor > screen on a toolbar. I lost it. How can I recover ...

VBA Editor skips lines and moves to other part of code
Hello, MS ACCESS 2003 on XP PRO. I have a form checkbox, and AFTERUPDATE of the value, I run a bunch of code. Part of the code calls a sub in a module. During this sub, I define two string values. (they happen to be shaped like SQL statements but at this point the computer doesn't know that) the first one runs fine, and the MSGBOX statement after shows the text correctly. However, when the yellow gets on top of the SECOND str_SQL = statement, and I hit F8, the code skips OUT of the SUB, back to the AFTERUPDATE statement on the line that would execute after the sub. T...

How to customize NDR and/or SMTP error codes
Exchange Server 2003 SP2. I would like to customize the SMTP error code produced by IMF when email is rejected at the gateway level due to a high SCL rating. I have searched the 'net but cannot find specifics. Has anyone successfully customized the SMTP error codes? Thanks, ....D You can't currently customize those with Exchange 2003. Exchange 2007 will offer you this capability. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

In excel, column headings displaying as numbers
All of a sudden my column headings are displaying as numbers instead of the "A, B, C" that I am used to. How can I change them back? Tools>options>general>settings>r1c1 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "millguy" <millguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7934D0CC-8DE9-480E-A75A-36DDA559254D@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my column headings are displaying as numbers instead of the > "A, B, C" that I am used to. How can I change them back? Hi tools / options / general - untick R1C1 reference style ...

VB Code not grabbing cell values
hi, i was given the VB code below which takes all the value of cells V17 and X25 and create a list down columns A and K on the 'graphs' sheet, it works when i manually enter values into cells V17 and X25 and was testing it, but it doesn't work when those cells are auto populated with data as they calculate other cells, so the VB code isn't taking the values that appear in those cells automatically like it should. any ideas? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim strColumn As String, lngRow As Long, ws As Worksheet If Target.Count <> 1 ...

managed code and dll
I have a dll with managed code and just one managed class. The other classes use gcroot<> for the managed stuff. I've got it all working but for one member function during linking. public ref class DataSet { size_t size; array< double >^ data; public: DataSet( ) :size( 30 ) { data= gcnew array< double >( size ); } void InputTabbedData( LPCTSTR pzIn ); operator array< double >^ ( ) { return data; } array< double >^ get( ) { return data; } }; ~~~ error LNK2020: unresolved token (0600000C) DataSet::InputTabbedData... I...

Can't emulate in code steps I can do manually
I have a form where I am entering some data and then clicking a button to run some SQL statements. Sporadically, I am getting an error message. The error message is "Microsoft Office Access can't append all the records in the append query". If I move to the previous record on the form and then back to the current record before I click on the button, there is no error with the SQL statements. If I hit Ctrl-S before I click on the button, there is no error. But, if I do neither of these steps, I get the error listed above. I have attempted to band-aid the problem by just putt...

checkbox code
hi folks, I want to test whether a checkbox is checked or not, i've written this code, but no matter whether or not I check the box or un-check it, it gives me the same message that it is checked. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() If CheckBox1.Value = 1 Then MsgBox ("NONE SELECTED") Else: MsgBox ("CHECKED") End If End Sub Thrava, The Value property of the CheckBox is a boolean value, either True or False. Numerically, True is equal to -1, not 1, and so your test will always fail, and "CHECKED" will app...

Publisher 2002: How to start with different page number than 1?
In Publisher 2002 I need to start Part II (in a different Publisher file) with page 23. How do I do that? Also having trouble connecting text frames if I have to go in and insert pages and text. stonehearth <stonehearth@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2002 I need to start Part II (in a different Publisher > file) with page 23. How do I do that? Insert > Section. > Also having trouble connecting text frames if I have to go in and > insert pages and text. In what way? Reconnecting text flow through (instead of around) an i...

VBA code to insert pictures in a column of cells
I have a folder of 99 pictures with filenames: image01.jpg, image02.jpg up to image99.jpg. All of these images are small, and the same size. I want to insert them (in order) in a column of cells (A1, A2, to A99) using VBA. The images should be embedded, not linked. Resizing cells to the right size would be a nice extra, but not necessary - it's easy in this case to resize manually. Thanks for looking at my question - and I hope to hear some good suggestions! ...

Changing negative numbers
I am generating a report which contains negative numbers and positive numbers. After sorting I would like to format the cells so that it replaces all the negative numbers with a zero. Is there anyway to do this? You can add a column (say B), enter =ABS(A1), copy the entire column choose paste special and select values. This will give you positiv numbers. Then just copy to your original range. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ryan Try this Select the cells and use Edit>Replace Find what -* Replace with 0 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl &quo...

mail merge page numbers PUB2000
I have a book that will be printed as an 5.5x8.5 perfect bound anthology. It's in PUB2000. Currently I am working using the "bookfold" setting, but I know I can switch back and forth to setting the page size as "custom" to the correct size. Anyway, I want to start the writings numbering on page 1, not paget 6 as they currently are. I read about using mail merge to do this, but don't know where - or what page setup to use to get this to happen. I don't want to have to buy PUB2003 just to do this. Help, anyone? Jean The file will not post as MS do not run Linux ...

Calculation on a field code
I have a field code that returns a month name, like April. I was to also display in my document just the first 3 characters of the field code, or in this case, APR. Can I do that without creating a second field code? It depends on what type of field code your field is, but let's suppose it's a REF field. Then one approach is to use a nested field like this: { QUOTE "{ REF myfield } 2010" \@MMM } (where each pair of {} are the "special field braces" that you can insert using ctrl-F9). Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 14/04/2010 20:...

HTML Code Fragments
I am using simple html code fragments in my e-newsletter. They are just table of contents that link to coorelated parts of the page. I am distrubiting this newletter in the body of an email. When i do a webpage preview it works fine. However, when i try to send it.....neither yahoo mail or my outlook account wil recognize the code fragments. They recognize the first part (the table of contents code)but will not even display the anchors. When i click the table of contents links nothing happens. Any idea why??? Thanks cmichaud@ufl.edu wrote: > I am using simple html code fragments in...

Open XSD in code / source view instead of designer
I never use the designer to work with my XSD, and it hangs for a few seconds when opening so I have to wait before I can switch to code view. How can I change the default to open the code / source? I searched on here and saw a post which seemed to answer my question, saying to go to Tools - Options - XML Designer, but there is no such section in the Options menu in my version of the program. Thanks Here are the steps from within VS: 1. File | Open 2. Select an xsd file 3. Click Open With (right side of the Open button) 4. Select XML Editor 5. Click Set as default 6. Done. From now on, the...