How do I get the combo box to link with costs field in the table?

I have a database which I am trying to figure out. I have a field in the
table which is the names of the cars and there is a price field. How do I
link both of them up so that when I create a form and select the different
car the different prices can appear.

Can someone offer some help with this Please!

Samiullah,
    We can't help until we know how you have your table set up.
    Is the CarName and the CarPrice in the same table?
    If they are in different tables, do you have a unique key field in each
table that "relates" the CarName in one table with a CarPrice in another?

    I'll assume both fields are in the same table.
    I'll also assume that when you say "I select a CarName" you mean via
a Combobox or Listbox.

    Is this correct so far?
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Samiullah" <Samiullah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a database which I am trying to figure out. I have a field in the
> table which is the names of the cars and there is a price field. How do I
> link both of them up so that when I create a form and select the different
> car the different prices can appear.
>
> Can someone offer some help with this Please!

0
Al

locate link browser fixed
Using Windows XP HOme ... I reinstalled outlook 2003 and IE 6 again and that fixed the problem .. have no idea what was going on ... ...

How to Freeze the Pivot Table
Hello: Is it possible to Freeze the Pivot Table Data? I would like to give the table data only. The raw data will be delete to min. the size. Thanks a lot! Just select the whole table edit|copy edit|paste special|values I'd clean up all the stuff I needed to first. (removing subtotals is easier while it's still a pivottable.) And just a hint. Copy that worksheet with the pivottable first. Then when you screw up the formatting, you can start over with the already existing pivottable--you don't have to start from scratch. Alan Tang wrote: > > Hello: > > Is it p...

How do I change the format in a excel drop box?
I have used a list in a validation drop box, but the text size when veiwing the list is very small. How do I increase the text size in the drop box? Once a item is selected off the list it is shown in the validation cell as per the cell format. I have tried to change the format in the list, but this doesn't change the viewed size of the validation cell drop box. Not possible, a workaround is found here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "steve.southcoal" <steve.southcoal@discussions.microsoft.com>...

HELP really needed to change combo box to list box for multi selec
I have this code for my combo that select the value inside and return it to the report If Nz(Me.lstReportFilter) <> "" Then strReportFilter = "([SalesGroupingField] = """ & Me.lstReportFilter & """)" End If what i need is a lost box so that i can select multi values in the box I have this below but it doesn't reckonise the strings Please can any one help strReportFilter = strReportFilter & ",'" & Me.lstReportFilter.ItemData(varitem) _ & "'" Nex...

Combo Box with 'ALL' problem
Gurus, Here's my problem... I have a combo box with pulls the Brokers territory via the query below, works perfectly... EXCEPT SELECT btTerritoryStateID FROM tblBrokerTerritory WHERE (((tblBrokerTerritory.btBrokerID)=[Forms]![frmLister]![txtBrokerID])) UNION Select "ALL" as Bogus FROM tblBrokerTerritory; If the Broker has no Listing in that territory the whole form goes blank and you have to close the form and reopen it. I have tried requerying and undoing but the form still goes blank. I have tried this on the Not_In_List, Before_Update and After_Update event. Plea...

How to get matching values with list box and dropdown property?
Hello, I want to define a list box with dropdown property, but i don't want to limit the choices the the first character only ,but to any consecutive characters typed by the user. For example: if the list contains abcdef abdeg abchi bcdef The outcome should be: input value shown from the list (rows) b 1,2,3,4 bc 1,3,4 bcd 1,4 In this example the list is not limited only to the first characters , but to any string with the typed characters. Anybody can help me ? Jack Gee, did you ask this in enough groups? This has absolutely nothing to do with Activ...

Dialog box problem with enabling controls
I set the Enabled property of controls in a dialog box in Form_Load. I am encountering strange behavior at times where, with a certain Button.Enabled set to True, it still displays disabled. In other places where this form is shown in my program, it works fine. But only in this one instance, it does not display the controls properly. When I add message boxes to display certain variables' values, the values look correct and then the form displays properly (the button is enabled as I expect and wish). If I set breakpoints and define watched variables and then run the program...

Filter Form based on OnClick from Text Box of another form
Hi, I have a job list form with basic info on it. I want to be able to click on the job number text box which then opens up a more detailed form and applies a filter so that I only get the record for the job number that I have clicked on from the underlaying form. Could someone please tell me how to do this as I am guessing it should be fairly simple although I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "[JobNumber] = " & Me.[JobNumber] Debug.Print strWhere 'for testing only DoCmd.OpenForm "NameOfForm", , , str...

Linking textboxes with option boxes
I have a userform with a column of text boxes (TextBox1, 2, 3...10) and adjacent Check boxes (CheckBox1, 2, 3...10). The textboxes are populated from a sheet with various items. What I need is for the adjacent Check boxes to be checked if the textboxes contain either the text AAAAA or BBBBB and unchecked for anything else. Can anyone help? Many thanks, Roger And contains means that the textboxes can contain: xxxxxAAAAAyyyyy and still be checked, right? I only used 3 textboxes/checkboxes in this sample. You'll have to add 7 more _Change procedures: Option Expl...

Problems with updating category names in pivot tables
I have an issue with pivot tables, previously my pivot table contained months where each month was written like "January, February" etc, but now I have changed the way the months are written to "01-january, 02-february". My problem is that even though the data with the old month names no longer exists in the pivot table, the pivot table still provides "January, February" etc. as filtering options in the month category. I've tried updating the pivot table but it doesnt help. The only way i've been able to get rid of this was by creating a new pivot t...

Is it possible to get back deleted emails?
A few weeks ago I replied to an email I'd received I then inadvertently deleted my reply from the Sent Items folder. I also empty my deleted items folder quite often. Is there anyway that I can retrieve my reply? John not unless you make the attempt as soon as you emptied the deleted folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http...

Free and not free AV for 98 and how to get around the problem
With apologies to all involved, I am /really/ getting tired of the never-ending "Free AV for 98?" threads. Of course, nothing will stop them, even this post, since most people are too lazy to read even a hundred old posts, being absolutely certain that they are the first person ever faced with the particular problem at hand. Don't even mention Google. One would think it didn't exist. (As much as I hate the Web, Google IS generally quite useful, as long as you don't forget that the result most worth looking at it is not necessarily on the first page, let...

How can I forward hyperlinks w/out visiting linked site (Outlook 2003)?
Like everybody else, I receive my share of spam, including the phishy variety. When I get a spoofed email, I like to forward it on to uce@ftc.gov, spamcop, and any admin of a site victimized by a phishing exploit. For any of these sites to track down the source, they need the full, unmodified email, just as I received it. If I receive an email from an untrusted source, Outlook does the right thing by not displaying any hyperlinked info in the preview pane. However, if I try to forward an email with hyperlinks, Outlook wants to go to the spammer's website, download whatever treat the spa...

Format of date field in CRM
I have just created an email template in CRM. I have put a date field that is specified as "date only" in the schema but when it is mail merged the date and time appears in the email. Is there a way to format these fields on merge ie only the date? I am aware that I could push the fields contents into a redundant text field "on save" and then hide the field "on load" but thought there may be a way to format these fields. ...

How can I get Outlook and not Outlook Express to send files?
How can I get Outlook and not Outlook Express to send files? When I right click on a file and select "Send to Mail Recipient" the outbound mail goes to Outlook Express. I never use Outlook Express except to read newsgroups. I'd like Outlook to send these files and not Outlook Express. I have gone into Internet Explorer's Tools/Internet Options/Programs tab and selected Outlook as the e-mail program but Outlook Express still grabs e-mail generated in this manner. How can I change it so that Outlook gets these e-mails? Thank you, John IE v6, Outlook 2000, Outlook Express...

Need HELP: Change the size of Message Boxes in Office XP
I need increase the sise of font in Message Boxes in Office XP ---------- I increased the size of Message Boxes in Windows, but it not applayed on Office Message Boxes. ---------- Can you propose me something else? ...

Getting word to NOT save in the IE CREATOR TAG
Try saving a file as a web page in Word and then having to MANUALLY change the open with tab to Safari or FireFox. This is a PAIN. Why did MS do this when they know that IE is DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD on the Mac? Macs have for ages used TYPE/CREATOR tags and MS still thinks that IE has life on the Mac when it has been dead for ages. In Mac 9 there was a program where one could change type/creator tags in the finder but cant remember the name. John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If...

Date stamping a text or memo field problem
I have some fields (text or memo) that I am tring to date/time stamp using a cmdbutton to execute the following code; Private Sub DateTimeStamp() Dim StampText As String Me.Comment.SetFocus Me.Comment.SelStart = 0 StampText = "[ " & Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy") & " " & Format(Time, "hh: mm ampm") & " ] " Me.Comment = StampText & vbCrLf & Me.Comment Me.Comment.SelStart = Len(StampText) + 1 End Sub It inserts the date/time but does not add the 2 spaces after the last " ] " (ad...

Problem with getting a full backup from sharepoint farm
We have a server farm (one virtual machine for SQL2008,one for SharePoint and one for project server), and the system works fine. I am able to get a backup using stsadm -o backup -url <url> -filename <name>, but when I try to get a full backup using SharePoint backup and restore tools or stsadm -o backup -directory E:\Backup -backupmethod full I am getting error message regarding WSS_Search_sharepoint-serber-name I am getting the same error message when I run the full back from project server server. Any thought on this issue? Any port/services that I need to open?...

the value you entered isn't valid for this field
We are getting this msg when searching for records on a form. Have been using this database several years and suddenly getting this. checked database design and fields are defined properly It's probably refering to the value you entered on the search form. Compare it to how the column is defined in the table being searched. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Jsnyd" wrote: > We are getting this msg when searching for records on a form. Have been using > this database seve...

pivot table format report
Is there a way to get Excel to automatically default the Pivot Table Report Format to the Table4 format? Thanks! ...

how get rid of "Type a question for help" box
Thanks for any help. I have my standard Excel menu bar, with File Edit, etc, and then some buttons I've chosen, like Auto Sum, Format Painter, etc. There is also the "Type a question for help" text box there, is there a way of getting rid of this to free up some space, so I can put more often used buttons there? I can always look at it from the Help menu. Thanks. Hi Ian You can use ""Type a question for Help"" If you want to remove "Type a question for Help" on the Worksheet Menu Bar then you can use this line. Application.CommandBars.Disable...

Links not working in Outlook client
I have a user who reported that every time he clicked on a link (for example, double clicked on opportunity etc to open, or clicked on hyperlink to an account in opportunities), his Outlook froze and had to be shut down. He then recently said that he removed Safari (which gets installed with iTunes) and Outlook didn't freeze anymore, but the links just don't work (nothing happens when you click on them). He also said that links in emails don't work either. I checked to see if he had the CRM server set up as an intranet site in his Internet Explorer security settings as I know tha...

How do I get activate sounds in Office?
My sounds are no longer heard, what is going on and whatb should I check please help? Thank you Have you already checked Sounds under Windows Control Panel? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "FreddieZ" wrote: > My sounds are no longer heard, what is going on and whatb should I check > please help? Thank you Thank you, yes I did but i had them then all of a sudden they are muted. My volume is up? Thanxxx "FreddieZ" wrote: &...

Text box border does not print yet it appears in Print Preview.
I am working in Publisher 2007. The text box borders will not print however they appear in Print Preview. What am I doing wrong? Thx Read the third FAQ here: Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC27BC57-F273-4BDD-95AA-8116850C7DD1@microsoft.com... >I am working in Publisher 2007. The text box borders will not print however ...