How do i fix this error in access - Not enough memory?

I created a database in microsoft access.  I have been trying to open some of
the forms that I created but after several tries I keep getting this error
message "Not enough memory. Please close un-needed programs."  Can someone
please help in fixing this.
I created 13 forms and 8 of the forms are opening but the other five forms
arent.  I get the above error when I try.   I have uninstalled and
re-installed microsoft office several times, and no other programs are opened
when I get this error. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Alicia

Alicia, unless you actually do have too many things open at once, this
typically means a corruption has crept into the database.

Worst scenario is you have to recreate the bad forms, but here's a standard
rescue sequence that may recover them. Follow the steps on order:

1. Uncheck the boxes under:
    Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
In Access 2007, it's:
    Office Button | Access Options | Current Database | Name AutoCorrect
Explanation of why:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

2. Compact the database:
    Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair
or in Access 2007:
    Office Button | Manage | Compact/Repair

3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file. Decompile the database by
entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not
running. It is all one line, and include the quotes:
    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"

4. Open Access (holding down the Shift key if you have any startup code),
and compact again.

5. Open a code window.
Choose References from the Tools menu.
Uncheck any references you do not need.
For a list of the ones you typically need in your version of Access, see:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

6. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
Fix any errors, and repeat until it compiles okay.

7. Still in the code window, choose Options on the Tools menu. On the
General tab, make sure Error Trapping is set to:
    Break on Unhandled Errors
and the Compile on Demand is unchecked.

At this point, you should have a database where the name-autocorrect errors
are gone, the indexes are repaired, inconsistencies between the text- and
compiled-versions of the code are fixed, reference ambiguities are resolved,
the code syntax is compilable, and the VBA options are set to show errors
and avoid this kind of corruption.

There is one other possibility: the undocumented SaveAsText/LoadFromText.
Post back if you want more info about this.

If it is still a problem, the next step would be to get Access to rebuild
the database for you. Follow the steps for the first symptom in this
article:
    Recovering from Corruption
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

"Alicia" <Alicia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a database in microsoft access.  I have been trying to open some
>of
> the forms that I created but after several tries I keep getting this error
> message "Not enough memory. Please close un-needed programs."  Can someone
> please help in fixing this.
> I created 13 forms and 8 of the forms are opening but the other five forms
> arent.  I get the above error when I try.   I have uninstalled and
> re-installed microsoft office several times, and no other programs are
> opened
> when I get this error. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Alicia

-1
Allen
3/7/2008 7:06:33 AM
Hi Thanks a lot,

I dont know why it didnt dawn on me that I could just delete the bad forms
and redo them didnt take that long to do that. It was easier than to go to
change so many other stuff.  Thank you very much though i have saved your
suggestions in case it happens again.

Alicia

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:56:00 -0800, Alicia <Alicia@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I created 13 forms and 8 of the forms are opening but the other five forms
>arent.  I get the above error when I try.

By all means follow Allen's corruption suggestions... but I must ask: are you
trying to have all thirteen forms open on the screen simultaneously? That
could be bad luck and would generally not be a good user experience! Or is it
just five specific forms that error when opened as the only open form?
--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Access 2000 <--> 2007 compatibility
Hi, We have a DB for data collection/telemarketing with a form and some VB code. This one is created in Access 2000. Can Access 2007 users open and work with this DB without causing problems if it later has to be operated on using Access 2000? Anything special we should do to avoid problems in this mixed version environment? Kjell Access 2007 can open, use, and modify a database in A2000 format. As always, if you have several users in the database at once, it's a good idea to split it: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html If you are switching back and forth between versions, a...

Error compiling backlight driver
Hi all, i'm adding the backlight support to my BSP but i receive an error I'm not able to handle. I added the BACKLIGHT tree under the PLAFTORM/bsp/src/drivers/BACKLIGHT. I added the teims into the catalog file. The build log is the following: BUILD: [Thrd:Sequence:Type ] Message 000:PROGC ] Build started with parameters: 001:PROGC ] Build started in directory: C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\123456\src\DRIVERS\BACKLIGHT 002:PROGC ] Checking for C:\WINCE600\sdk\bin\i386\srccheck.exe. 003:PROGC ] Running passes WCEFILES0, MIDL, MC, ASN, THUNK, PRECOMPHEADER, COMPILE, LIB, LINK, MA...

File Access History
Is there anything in Excel that will show a history of who accessed, modified, and/or saved an Excel workbook other than what's in the file properties dialog box? Thanks in advance. :) Afraid not. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "lensolo" <lensolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D5A47D1-AF26-426A-BB82-46CBBCAD90F6@microsoft.com... | Is there anything in Excel that will show a history of who accessed, | modified, and/or saved an Excel workbook other than what's in the file | properties dialog box? | | Thanks in advance. :) | ...

File System Error 2 during IO on log file .. MS exchange 5.5
I am getting following message intermittently. MSexchangeIS (277) File system error 2 during IO on log file. Event id 163 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log Error -510 Event id 120 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log header 510 Event id 121 An error occured while writing to the database log file. Attempting to sop the Microsoft exchange Information store Event id 1111 Unable to create log . The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured or corrutpted. Error 510 ---> Because of the Exchange is not operative, i have to restart services. --> The same problem ...

Approach to Access 05-02-07
I have a client that has a db in Lotus Approach 9.5 but wants to convert to Access 2003. The existing db has a number of forms, etc that would be a pain to recreate. Is anyone aware of a conversion utility or method that would save a redesign from scratch? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may no...

Fix the Excel Clipboard
The excel clipboard, one of the longest running bugs in microsoft history, should be fixed to act just like any other clipboard. When something is copied from excel and a user does any action other than paste (such as manually enter a value) the clipboard gets cleared. This does not happen in any other windows application that I know of. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

Can you have fixed cell reference when dragging/copying formulae?
When you drag or copy a formula which refers to another cell, then that cell's reference is updated when the formula is dragged or copied across a spreadsheet. Is it possible to 'fix' the reference of the outside cell such that the formula refers to a fixed cell irrespective of where the formula is copied to? For example a formual in cell B2 containing a reference to cell A1 will always refer to the cell immediately above and to the left when copied elsewhere. Is it possible for the formula to be forced to refer to cell A1 irrespective of where it is copied? You can use $a$...

Sql Server / Access query source code
Is there any compatibility between the queries from Access and Sql Server? Like I have a system that needs to migrate the database and the queries from the source code, I can use DTS to migrate de database from Access to Sql Server but what about the queries? Will Sql Server understand them or I'll have to change it manually? The answer is, it depends. Some query types are not supported, but straightforward SELECT queries are essentially the same in Access-SQL and Transact-SQL. However, if you use expressions, VBA functions, form references or other Access features in your quer...

FIX: Untracking emails incorrectly tracked for Outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi all, As you know, it is tough to un-link or un-track emails (Outlook records in general) if you track them by mistake or link them to the wrong CRM record. The link below shows how to do it when using Outlook 2007. (I assume it is the same for CRM 3.0 and 4.0 but I cannot test the former since we just upgraded to 4.0.) http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/05/remove_crm_link.html The problem was doing it with Outlook 2003. I think I figured a way. You have to follow the steps in the link above but the problem was showing the CRM user fields in the email record to set them to 0. If you ope...

Run Time Error 3027
Running Access 2007 with an Pervasive SQL database and everytime I try to add a record I get this error and tell me the record is read-only. I use the same procedure in other updates and works fine. Needing Help. Hi, if you are talking about liked table - then make sure that table has primary key -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "AskingQuestion" <AskingQuestion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6A895BE-AD5E-4BB8-96BA-D5AA439BC84E@microsoft.com... > Running Access 2007 wit...

File in Use Error
Hello, I have a excel spreadsheet with two worksheets, each of which connects to the same Access database via an ODBC connection to retrieve data. The worksheets have different data and are pulling from different tables in access. I was able to do this without any problem but since I am the owner and creator for both files I did not forsee any problems. Now I need another individual to do this task but when they open the excel file they get 'File in Use :|' error. The person has read, write, modify and excute rights to the database. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Sini ...

There has been an error reading or writing the file
I am using Money 2005 and when I try and create a report for Account Transactions I get the error message mentioned above. MS article 281865 confirms this problem and asks that the report be customized. My problem is that Money shuts down without giving me a chance to customize the report. Please help ...

How quickly fixed?
This problem appears to be quite a bit more serious than the Pentium divide bug. Will Microsoft be able to fix it (software) more rapidly than Intel was able to fix it in the hardware? Hmm... This isn't a chat room, perhaps you actually meant to reply to a message? peter.capek@gmail.com wrote: > This problem appears to be quite a bit more serious than the Pentium > divide bug. Will Microsoft be able to fix it (software) more rapidly > than Intel was able to fix it in the hardware? Hmm... > ...

Allowing access from ACT 6.0
Everytime I send an email from ACT, Outlook pops up the following message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I need to know how to permanently allow ACT access to Outlook. Bob Bell I'm also interested in this, i have a voicemail software that tries to send an email, used to work until I upgraded to 2003, I've looked in te KB but cant find a solution Cheers, Dean "Bob Bell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12c9b01c3f64f$e99ac730$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Outlook Web Access question
What Service Needs To Be Running For MS OUTLOOK Web Acess TO function from remote locations? Thank YOu .. Jim B IIS and port 80 open - when you install exchange server, it configures all of that for you. (and it only works with exchange server) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "JIMB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11e1801c3f...

help! what is Error Number: 0x800CCC18?
Account: 'wonderland207/mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "kmh" <kmh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D840F0-4173-48AD-8154-13557DEB09B2@microsoft.com... > Account: 'wonderland207/mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, > Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): > Yes, > Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Num...

Cash Payment Voided in Error
I have a user who inadvertently voided a receivables cash payment . The invoice the payment was applied to is also voided. The payment she intended to void still shows as 'Open'. The wrong void shows in the GL. The customer's account should show a credit balance. Is there a way to undo the payment that was voided? what is the best way to fix? Thanks, There is no undoing a void. To 'fix' this you can re-enter the voided payment, you'll have to put a '-A' or '.' at the end of the check number, as GP will not let you receive the same check nu...

Run time Error when running Z Report (-2147217900)(80040e14)
When I generate the report I get the initial filter screen, and when I click ok to view the report, I get the following error message: "The report could not be loaded due to the following error: (-2147217900) Cannot truncate table 'Cashier' because it is being refrenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint. The table keys only seem to reference themselves, so check your table for integrity. If you don't know how to do that, try deleting the cashiers and reentering them. -Jerry -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "Daniel" wrote: > When I generate the report I get the initi...

Error running a link query in a query page in Business Portal
Hi, I am working on Business Portal 4.0 and created some custom entities and created a query page. Transactions and CodtCodes were two of my custom entities. When i run Transactions Query it will show CostCodes link in the links section along with other links.When i click cost codes link in the links section it was showing an error saying "Can't process query (Status=TraverseHyperlink)" when i click details it was showing Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Data.InvalidDataSourceException The key 'JobCost.CostCodes+key' has multiple segments. Some segments of the key ha...

Putting Database on Server so other Employees can access it
I just put a database I created on our server. The other 2 people who will be using it arent able to open it up though. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to fix this so they can use it? Thanks for your help!!! 1. All users of the database must have at least read, write, create, delete (or modify) privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database .mdb file, but the entire folder. 2. Open the database and go to Tools, Options, and Advanced Tab. Set the Default Open mode to Shared and the Default Record Locking to Edited Record. (...

Errors when running Msextmz.exe in Export mode
When I run Msextmz.exe in export mode, I get the following error: MSExTmz Utility Version 8.1.61 HrReadConfiguration:Logging Level set to:0 HrReadConfiguration:Log File is not set. HrReadConfiguration:Reading Configuration. HrReadConfiguration:Fatal Error:Command not set. wmain:Failed to read configuration - error 0x80004005. I created the MsTExTmz.ini as such: [Configuration] CommandLine=tzmove.exe /q ServerDN=/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=OURSERVERNAME (replaced real server name with a generic placeholder) Logfile=msextmz.log Out...

ipconfig error: unable to query host name
I am working through a router with one main computer, a wireless laptop, and a second desktop computer. When everything is plugged in, the second desktop computer (which runs Windows XP Home Edition) shows it is connected to the Internet, but when running a browser (in this case Internet Explorer) I get the "The page cannot be displayed" error. I've tried to run an "ipconfig" through the command prompt and I get this error: Windows IP Configuration An internal error occurred: the request is not supported. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for fu...

Shell.UI and vista Unable to determine XP theme error message
I'm opening a .net project that loads Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI in order to make the app inherit the dexterity colors. When I open this project on an XP machine, it works fine. When I open the same project on vista and open the designer, I get the following message : System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to determine XP theme. GetCurrentThemeName returned C:\Windows\resources\themes\Aero \Aero.msstyles for the theme name. at Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI.LibWrapper.GetThemeName() Fair enough, it doesn't understand aero themes. :) Is there an easy workaround or am I stuck having ...

Not Enough System Resources... When Opening Excel
One of my users has just started getting this error when she opens Excel: Not enought system resources to display completely. She is opening Excel, not an Excel file, ie: new worksheet. This is on XP with SP2 and all updates Excel is version 2000 9.0.6923 SP 3 The only other apps running are Outlook 2000 and SnagIt, a screen capture program. I'm thinking the easiest resolution will be to re-insatll Excel. Any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks! Dave Nope. Close Excel and then go find a file called *.xlb and delete it - You may have to search in hidden files and folders. It&#...

Conversion to Access 2007
I have several MDB files created in 2003 (XP) that ran fine. After upgrade to MS Office Enterprise 2007 these data bases no longer function. I did use the ConTool.msi without any comments. I also did save the mdb to the new 2007 file. When I start the data base after conversion the screen opens as usual on the first form I created (in some I used the switchboard) as a menu but clicking on any of the buttons does not produce any results as if the code behind the buttons is not recognized. Any Advice? Thanks for any input. The code will not run unless the database is signed or in...