How do I control a text box via another combo box

I have read through dsome o the other answers and I just can't seem to get it.

I have a table called employee information.

Within that table are two fields.  Retail Title and Retail Incentive.

I have a form with a combo box for the the Retail Title.

This field looks to a table called Retial titles which is two fields...Title
and Incentive

What I want to do is have it so when I choose a title in the form it
populates the incentive in another text box.

The combo box column count = 2

What should by settings be for my text box?(That of course if I should be
using a text box and not something else)

Format text for "mark my comments with..." #2
Is there a way to format the font & colour of the text I may type into the body of an existing email in Outlook 2003? I have switched the option on so that the comments are flagged with my initials but I wanted them more prevalent by being able to format the colour of the text. At the moment its a manual task. With Word as the editor: Open Word, choose Tools | Options | General tab ... Email Options button ... you can choose the Font in when "Replying or Forwarding messages" -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Greg J" <frog66@flashmail.com> wrote in message news:11246865...

Dialog boxes and Font Smoothing
I have written an add-in that, under certain conditions, will display a dialog box over a slide when the presentation is running (slide show mode). Unfortunately the text on the underlying slide becomes jagged when the dialog is shown. It seems like powerpoint is no longer smoothing the fonts, as the problem is made worse at lower resolution. This happens if I use either ShowDialog() or _dialog.visible= true, and there is no code causing a slide refresh anywhere near the point the dialog is displayed. Any ideas ? ...

PLAIN plain text
I'm an unhappy user of Outlook 2003 (no choice...). One of the reasons for my unhappiness concerns sending text to people who aren't using Outlook. I initially went into the Outlook dlg box "Tools | Options", the "Mail Format" tab, and set the "Compose in this message format" drop-down to "Plain Text." But that wasn't good enough: two recipients (one a majordomo, the other running an unidentified email client on a *nix machine) got gibberish. The gibberish turned out to be uuencoded with the 64 bit format. While this is a standard format...

Multi-select list box for multi-column query
Hi, I have a list box lstBudVols from which I want users to select 4 items. Once these are selected, I want to use the selection for each as criteria for a different column in a query eg select 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 in the list box, the output columns would be: TSL 2010 2011 2012 2013 xx xxx xxx xxx xxx I've done this earlier already using 2 different list boxes, but it would not be a smooth, well built database if the user had to select from 4 different lists. Is there a way of modifying: For Each vItm In Me.lstBudVols.ItemsSelected strWhat=etc I need...

Spin Box with Dates and Lookup
Hi, I'm trying to design a spin box function which pulls in data from monthly tabs, the month being determined by a spin box. I have monthly tabs Jan-10 to Dec-10 all containing an identical table with different data in. The user needs to be able to change the month of lookup using a spin box function but I cant get it to work properly. Thanks in anticipation. Hi, You are not very clear about your question. Anyways, try this Right click on the spin control box which you have drawn ad give the lower and upper limits are 1 and 12 respectively. In the cell link box, ...

Search for a text in a cell and give the outcome later
Dear expert, C30 to C60 contains some data. Say I wan to find piano and use =MATCH("*piano*",C30:C60,0) in cell D31 It gives me the anwer 20 in D31. 20 is the squence of piano. How can I use the function and use return the the whole cell content which is "Play Piano"? I only know where it is. How to locate where and give the whole content in D32 please? Thanks Elton Play games Play golf Play guitar Play piano Play Kite Play Sccoer Play cards Play WII Play music =INDEX(C30:C60,D31) -- Regards! Stefi „Elton Law” ezt írta: &g...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

color text in report
I have a 3 text (High , Normal , Low ) in filed bound to txt.remark filed , I want in print out [txt.remark] appear in a diffrent color depending on value in feild [Result] , I tried to do this but i couldn't this the code that I write it Dim txt_Remark As String Private Sub Report_Current() Select Case txt_Remark Case "low" Me.txt_Remark = vbred Case "normal" Me.txt_Remark = vbBlack Case "high" 'used brakets because two words ...

Button or key to conditionally change text foreground color?
I would like to find some quick method (some sort of visible button or hotkey) for the user of a worksheet to change the text foreground color for certain cells in a block of cells (A1:I9) to some specific color if and only if the cell is blank. I.e. when the user hits this "red" key/button, every empty cell in A1:I9 gets a new foreground text color--red. Nothing would be immediately apparent, as these are empty cells, but as soon as the user starts entering values into these cells, the data would be shown in red... a "make all new data red" button/key. Is this possible?...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

Another Public Folder Replication Issue
Migrating from Exchange 2003 to 2010 in my test environment, and I'm trying to move all public folder replicas from 2003 to 2010. One folder is stuck in 2003, and I can't get it to move. With logging turned on, I see that the 2003 server is sending out a backfill replication message (type 0x80000004) but the 2010 server is throwing up event 1020 error. I'm seeing little bits online about this, but typically the problems are around corrupt items or content conversion errors. My error reads: The store driver couldn't deliver the public folder replication messag...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

How can I create a multiple field search box that use logical operators in an option box?
Hi, I need assistance in creating a multiple field search box, i have a screen shot but i couldn't find a way to include it in this message. I have been battling with this problem for weeks. I'm trying to use ms access 2003 to create a search box similar to one i saw in foxpro. It searches all the fields in only one table so each table has a search box for it. Here is a description for the search box for the community table which is one of the tables in the database. It has a drop down list that selects all the columns in the table such as area code for the community, community code,...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Using a drop down box to select all results
I have a summary page which pulls data together from several sheets an displays summary statistics etc. I want to be able to use a drop down list to select particular product and only show data relating to those products - so far so good. But ..... having put in my drop down and referenced it in my formulae now cannot show the summary data for ALL products. Is there a wildcard that can be used in drop downs to select all -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add (All) to your list of products, and check for that selection in the formula. For example: =IF(A2=...

Filter Combo Box by Login ID
Our company has about 5 different computers on our Network that all have been using their own copy of an Access db. I thought this would be fine as I like that they each only have access to their own records which are relevant to them. This is, however, creating a difficulty for me as far as updating the db or fixing any errors. I find I have to go through and do it over and over 5 times. I've read up on splitting the database but want to know if I were to create a login form for each appraiser could I then filter the records and combo boxes by their login? Also, I&#...

To set a BitMap on a Button Control
Hi, I have a CButton control dragged and placed from the ToolBox on a dialog. I have a BitMap with id has IDB_BITMAP_UP, which i want to load onto this button control. I tried like this, HBITMAP hbitmap; hbitmap = LoadBitmap(::AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_BITMAP_UP)); then what we should do with "hbitmap". I saw the API "SetBitmap" so i did SetBitmap(hbitmap); But it is giving a error that 'SetBitmap': identifier not found. I tried to have a CBitmapButton Class member in my class but it gives error saying CBitmapButton member not found...

WINCE desktop icon text
Hello everyone�� How to make the wince desktop icon text background transparent? it is blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper��thank you! Auly(from china) I think that, in order to do that, you'd have to rewrite the shell. You have the source, so it should be possible. Look in the right \PUBLIC\SHELL subdirectory for somewhere that the desktop it drawn. Find where the item names are drawn as text and change the code, or allow a registry entry to control whether your change is active or not. I think that, no matter what ...

drop down boxes #4
Hi everyone, Ok i'll outline the situation. I am trying to produce an invoice page on a system where the user can produce an invoice etc, and I am wanting to make a cell show the total cost for the accomodation. I have a drop down box for the location name and for the cost per day, and the number of days is shown in a separate cell. Is there a way to show the total cost of the accomodation in this single cell? Help needed urgently! Thanks, Andy. Andy I am not sure of what you want but from what you say, all you need is a simple formula in that cell. Say the charge per day is ...

text boxes removed once document is completed
how do I remove the text boxes so they won't show. I need to email the document and the text boxes are yet appearing on document. I don't want them to show once I have completed the document. Dominion wrote: > how do I remove the text boxes so they won't show. I need to email the > document and the text boxes are yet appearing on document. I don't > want them to show once I have completed the document. ============================= Try typing...Ctrl+Shift+O -- John Inzer Digital Media MVP Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer ...

The controls Visual Studio doesn't want you to see
Stick a ListView inside another ListView's ItemTemplate, or stick a Panel inside the LoggedInTemplate of a LoginView, and good luck finding it and being able to manipulate it in Design view! This is causing me all kinds of difficulty. I have an ASP.Net page that uses a ListView, using the Grid layout, to display the bids that have been made an item being sold at an auction. Each row shows the name of the bidder and the amount of the bid. There's an Insert row at the bottom, which has a TextBox for a bidder to write in the amount he wants to bid before he hits the Submi...

Text Wrapping in Excel 2000
I have a user who has a large spreadsheet which has some cells with lengthy paragraphs of text. She has merged the cell in which the paragraph has been entered with a few adjacent cells and activated the text wrapping. For some paragraphs all of the text wraps neatly from line to line but in others it gets truncated. Can anyone tell me why this is happening. The spreadsheet in questions was created using Excel 2000 and is being used across a variety of Windows versions (95 through 2000). Thanks, LPS LPS, It may be that the row height has been set, rather than using Autofit. ...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

Special character in text column
I have a column defined as text field in MS Access 2003. I want to insert a string with prefixed of hex02, followed by Carriage Return, followed by Line Feed and ended with hex03. How do I do that manually? eg. (hex02 character)....This is a test.....(Carriage Return, Line Feed, hex03) Thanks Hex(2) & "....This is a test...." & vbCrLf & Hex(3) -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Alan T" <alanNOSPAMpltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:u1gDZXnUIHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >...

how to change the Font size and color of a static text control in dialog
New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as labels. I need to apply different font size and colors to them. How should I achieve that? Tony See the examples given at the following web sites. http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/ http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/index.shtml -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Tony Hu" <bytj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OL99Bi9SDHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as > labels. ...