How Do I Chart This in Microsoft Access?

Hello,

I have the following simple data:

Company              Monthly Sales              Percentage OF Total
Sales
-------------               --------------------
Bakery                  $50,000                       0.50
Carpenter              $25,000                       0.25
Plumber                $25,000                       0.25

I would like to create some sort of a graph or chart in Microsoft
Access that will show all three fields.  When I try to create a pie
chart or column chart it just gives me either the "company and the
monthly sales" or the "company and the percentage of total sales".

I would like to display all three columns of data on a graph of some
sort.

How do I do that?  Seems it should be quite simple but I can't see it.

Can someone point me to an example online or send  me some code?

Thanks
0
Jason

Jason wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have the following simple data:
>
>Company              Monthly Sales              Percentage OF Total
>Sales
>-------------               --------------------
>Bakery                  $50,000                       0.50
>Carpenter              $25,000                       0.25
>Plumber                $25,000                       0.25
>
>I would like to create some sort of a graph or chart in Microsoft
>Access that will show all three fields.  When I try to create a pie
>chart or column chart it just gives me either the "company and the
>monthly sales" or the "company and the percentage of total sales".
>
>I would like to display all three columns of data on a graph of some
>sort.
>
>How do I do that?  Seems it should be quite simple but I can't see it.
>
>Can someone point me to an example online or send  me some code?
>
>Thanks
http://www.functionx.com/access/Lesson28.htm

orange

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

Microsoft Mail and Outlook on same computer
can both run on one vista computer. Microsoft mail with one email provider (work) and outlook with another(school)? any special setup required. I suppose each will have its own contact manager, but one could be used. William F There is no such thing as "Microsoft mail". This newsgroup is for Windows Mail; is that what you are asking about? If so, then yes, you can have both Windows Mail and Outlook in one system but I don't understand why you need to. "Harrell" <hfreeman@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:%23yLsO3coKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.p...

simple way of adding guest internet access only to sbs 2003 setup.
Hello, I am glad the forums are still up. So here is what I have. we have a sbs 2003 setup that is running a single nic with standard. We want to give wireless access to our guests without the guests accessing our network. Here is our setup. cox internet | | Dlink Router --- wireless for business | | SBS 2003 now could we just do this? cox internet | | Switch | |------------| Dlink Dlink -- wireless for guests | wireless for business | | SBS 2003 Yes you can, you just need internet connect...

Access to a series, when it is assigned to an empty range
Hello, I'd like to get access to a chart series via vba. This works fine with ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "='" & ActiveWorkbook.Name & "'!" & Diagramm1.Range("Chart1_Series1").Value this is a reference to a named range. So, if I assign the series to a range with values I can change the series to another range afterwards. But if I once have assigned a series to an empty range I do not have access to the chart series any more. The error message is:"unable to set the values property of the series object" O...

charting in-between values
i like to chart in-between values of a given chart. e.g. a chart has two given points on the x and y-axis:1,1 and 3,3. Now i like to have the y-value when i add an extra x- value e.g. 2. Can excel do this for me? On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:23:55 -0700, jan <j.krabben@wanadoo.nl> wrote: > i like to chart in-between values of a given chart. > e.g. > a chart has two given points on the x and y-axis:1,1 and > 3,3. Now i like to have the y-value when i add an extra x- > value e.g. 2. Can excel do this for me? I suspect you may have just posted a very similar question under an =...

Running Activity Chart
I have 18 machines running during the course of the day. I would like to create a chart with 1 - 18 on the y-axis and a horizontal bar or line corresponding to the times during the day that the machine was active with time (0:00 - 23:45) on the x-axis. I have the data for the time broken into a "start time" column and and "stop time" column with the corresponding machine number in a third column: MACHINE START STOP 2 0:27 1:30 2 1:32 1:49 2 1:57 2:40 2 2:57 3:25 2 3:45 4:28 2 4:55 5:12 2 5:16 5:32 2 5:41 5:46 Thank you in advance for the help. ...

need help with "microsoft rich textbox v6.0" and LoadFile
Im creating a VC++ MFC Form View application. I'm adding a microsoft rich textbox control v6.0 control. I would like to open a plain text file in the control using ... MyRTBCtrl.LoadFile(LPCTSTR bstrFilename, VARIANT vFileType) What do I enter for the argument VARIANT vFileType? I can't seem to find any good documentation on this thing ... and most of the stuff in the groups is VB. Thanks Jason 0 for RTF 1 for None RTF If you imported the control throught visual studio, take a look at the h file that it created for the control. line 90 has the enum for the LoadSaveConst...

Access 2007 Report Failure
Our orginization is slowly changing over to office 2007, and with that an Access application that was completed in Access 2003. Now, now of the reports will open in the 2007 version, and in fact causes an error and shuts down the application. Even if I try to create a new report from scratch, the moment that I hit the report button, the application crashes. Thanks for your help! -- John Neseth John, tell us more about this issue. Just one particular report? Or any report? If this is on a different computer, is there a printer installed? Access uses the printer driver to calculate t...

Access Queries not seen in Excel
Hi, I have a queriy in Access that I want to import into Excel (2007). I go to "Get External Data" - "From Access" and select the Access database. Several tables and queries are shown but some are not (naturally the one I want is not shown!) I had the same problem importing the same query into Word and resolved it by setting the "Confirm File Format Conversion on Open" option in the Advanced Options. (Then choosing DDE when opening). Is there a similar way I can get Excel to see this query? Thanks Richard ...

Excel Charting
When I select the two series data columns from my workbook page an prepare a new Excel chart on the chart wizard the axes always appear o the chart reversed from what I want them to be. I have searched all th Help and MS docs to see how to reverse the axes to suit my requirement Can anyone please advise a method. tks, BigBo -- BigBo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BigBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27558 Instead of adding from ...

supressing warning when opening a Word Mail Merge document from Access
I'm using the following line of code in Access to open a word document linked to my database with an ODBC connection that populates some Mail Merge fields: Application.FollowHyperlink "C:\PAM\PAM_Mail_Merge\mail_merge1.doc" However, before the Word document will open, it displays the following warning message: "Opening this document will run the following SQL command: Select * from 'tblMailMerge' Data from the database will be placed in the document. Do you want to continue?" I would like to suppress this warning mess...

Column Chart Conditional Formatting
I have a column chart that compares 2 y values against a common x value. I want to compare the second y value to the first, if it is greater then make that bar green, if less then red, if same grey. Any ideas on how to go about this? Thanks Adam Bush You'll need to do this by manipulating the actual data. Setup 3 dummy series, first with a static value of 10. On the chart, format these green, red, and grey respectively. Now, go back and change the static values to formulas similar to this: =IF(B2>A2,B2,NA()) =IF(B2<A2,B2,NA()) =IF(B2=A2,B2,NA()) If ...

How do I stop charts updating when I reorder the data
I have tried with Excel 2003 and I can start an XY chart and then change the order of the data by sorting to put it into a different chart without it changing the chart. with 2007 this does not appear to happen and my original chart changes. I would expect an XY chart in any version of Excel to alter when the data is reorder best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "j99harrison" <j99harrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F513C55D-744D-48FB-AC20-BF9747DF50E5@microsoft.com... > I have...

Audit of mailbox access
Hi, Need help with regards to auditing of mailbox. Is there a script availbale that can check for a mailbox on who have rights to Read , Full Access etc... the mailbox? Or it there any easier way to do it. TIA. That is scriptable but I don't know of any scripts that are available. You might check out http://www.slipstick.com or http://www.cdolive.com. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dean" <help@exchangenewsgorup> wrote in message news:u8ZmUhgcHHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Need he...

Outlook Mobile Access(OMA) not functional
Running SBS 2003. OWA and Outlook are functioning properly. However, OMA does not work. This came up when attempting to sync a PDA with the server. OMA prompts for a password, however once you login correctly it goes to "Page cannot be displayed". Mobile devices display that there is a problem with the server. I've tried disabling SSL and forms based authentication with no luck. I've had a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/817379, but this doesn't seem to apply to SBS servers. Note that in the past we've had to follow the procedure at...

Unable to access my new mails
Hi, I have been using OUTLOOK since 5 months and never had a problem, but since last week, I m unable to watch new emails. When I click send/recieve button, it shows there are lot of messages are scanning, but when its dont there is nothing in my inbox. So I think server is receiving my mails but unable to present those on screen. Please help me out, since its the only way to be in touch with my world. Give me a suggestion abt this matter. ...

Access Key in Custom Menu
How can I add an access key to a custom menu? Thanks in advance. can you explain further -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Thomas T." <Thomas T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06E2BBC9-F73F-423C-B37D-9374BE98C7EA@microsoft.com... > How can I add an access key to a custom menu? Thanks in advance. hi john, standard menu items like file or new can be accessed via keybord with alt+f or alt+n. how can this be done for a custom menu item? regards thomas "John O'Donnell" wrote: > can you explain further &g...

Will this work and how in Access
Currently using Access 2003 - We need to be able to pull various components from several tables in a couple of linked databases into one form/report. We are making “Parts Lists” – so there is the main component and then the other smaller parts that make up that main component listed below it. One table holds the main configuration numbers, and another table in a separate database holds the component parts numbers. We need to pull the main component number along with its description as a portion of the heading from the main component table from a linked Access database into a for...

Camera destroys Charts
Dear Group, you have a chart (no matter which type) and you create a camera (Picture Link) which shows the chart by referencing to the range behind the chart. Then you print (or print-preview) the camera. Under certain conditions you can see that the plot area of the chart looses height with each print. This happens when the chart is smaller than a critical minimum size. The minimum size seems to depend on the default printer driver. This effect can be reproduced with Excel 2003. Has anyone experiences with this ? Thanks in advance, Holger. Holger, This bug has existed in Excel for m...

How do I change the ruler to inches in access
It's generally considered polite to put your question in the body of the post, rather than strictly post a subject. As well, details such as what version of Access and of Windows can be useful. That having been said, Access gets its unit of measure from the operating system. The only way to have the ruler in Access be in inches is to choose U.S. rather than Metric for the Measurement Units in Regional Settings in the Control Panel. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Johnotaker" <Johnotaker@discussions.microsoft...

How do I copy a pie chart (just the circular pie) into powerpoint
I need to copy the circular pies into a powerpoint document (to place on top of a map) - I can't figure out how to do it without copying the whole chart (ie the square box surround it with the legend and title - I've deleted these but don't know how to seperate it from the pie) Can anyone help?? ...

Access 2000 DB import tables in SQL Server 2000 DB
I inherited an Access 2000 database that needs to have tables imported into a SQL Server 2000 new database. The Access database has approximately 30 tables. The Access database has approximately 10 forms, 10 reports, and 10 modules. I would like to import Access database tables into the new SQL Server database. After the tables has been imported I will create the relationship between the tables. Next I will create the indexes and link the SQL Server tables to Access database. I know Access 2000 upsizing will complete this procedure but it must have SQL Server v7.0 or v6.X database....

Amending figures in a Table in Access
I am working on a big table in access and have been asked to update quite a few figures. Do I have to do this manually or is there another way that I can do this? Many thanks. Lucille, There's no way we can answer that without any description of what your fields are, and if there is any "logic" to the changes you want to make. An example of a "logical" change might be... For any Amount between 500 and 1000... add .02 to the Amount. (That could be handled by an Update query...) Please explain in more detail, and give examples. ...

Accessing the AutoFilter method via VB.net
There seems to be some inconsistency between the Excel VBA and the Excel Dot Net object models. I implemented auto filtering via the following code in Excel VBA: Selection.AutoFilter However, when I tried to do the same thing in Dot Net, via the following code, the AutoFilter object was not available, causing a compilation error: Friend Shared Sub gsxxxAutoFilter(ByVal vvwksActive As Worksheet) vvwksActive.Cells.Select() vvwksActive.selection 'This does not compile because the selection method does not exist. vvwksActive.Application.Selection.a...

Lines on chart don't correlate to values being charted
I'm having a strange problem with a chart done in Excel 2003 (on a workbook prepared by someone other than myself, so I'm not sure of all that has happened with it before.) There are three lines drawn on the chart, and one is normal - that is, the line drawn correlates to the values being charted. But the other two lines don't correlate to the numbers they should be charting. When you hover over these two lines and it tells you the values for the data point, the data point values are fine - but that isn't what the line is drawing! For example, one series is charting ...