how do I assign a variable to a check box or radio control?

I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on to
a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro.

Use the AfterUpdate of the control (if it's a stand-alone control), or of
the option group (if it's part of an option group) to SetValue (in a macro)
or assign the value (in code.)

Not sure if it's really a good idea though. Considerations such as:
- You can quite easily read the value from the form.
- Doesn't work in versions of Access before 2007.
- If it's a bound form, the tempvar would not be up to date when you move to
a different record.

"tlscorpadmin" <tlscorpadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on
> a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro.

0
Allen

Pass value to combo box
I have an unbound text box (txtSaveVal), an unbound combo box (cboName), and a string variable strSaveVal. me.txtSaveVal=strSaveVal .............. Works fine me.cboName=strSaveVal ............... Does Not Work I simply want to put the value of strSaveVal into the combo box, as though I had typed it in, BEFORE pressing the enter key. Why isn't this working? esee, Why are you doing this? A combo box is not intended to accept a value from another control, but provide a means to select a value from a list of values either from a table, a query, or a manually ...

CFormView plus Splitter = Disabled Controls
Does anyone know what is needed to get the buttons and controls on the form view to be enabled again. I created a test app (In Visual Studio.Net 2003, MFC/SDI App) then verified that the buttons on the formview were enabled. So far, so good. Then I added the splitter bars and that's when the form controls became disabled permanently. Adding the ON_COMMAND_UI handlers for the buttons did not fix the problem. 1) After adding the CMDUI support manually and after verifying that all the CMDUI handlers were called, the buttons still were disabled. EnableWindow() does not unlock the buttons eit...

Resizing controls in a dialog
Hi there, I build an application with different dialogs which can be resized by the user. When this happens, I use OnSize to give new dimensions and positions to the controls in the dialog. I measure the window and put the controls to a special ratio of the whole screen; snippet: GetClientRect(&crClientRect); // complete window ...... cx = (iBorderHor * 4); cy = iBorderHor; sx = crClientRect.Height() - (crObject2Rect.Height() * 6); sy = (crClientRect.Width() / 4) - (iBorderHor); m_BrowseTree.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, cy, cx, sy, sx, 0); .... This ...

Components and Control Gallery missing in VS2005
I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting and importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0. How do I use this in Visual Studio 2005? Marathoner marathoner wrote: > I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting and > importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0. How do > I use this in Visual Studio 2005? Marothoner: It's pretty hard when it's not there. Long gone. -- David Wilkinson Visual C++ MVP Then, how do I export and import dialog resourc...

MIN function with a variable range
I would like to use find the minimum of a selected range in a column. The range with be up to the current row position. The number of rows i the range is input in another cell. I am looking for a way to construc the range name that will work with the MIN function. I will copy th MIN function down to other rows, but the number of rows in the MI array will remain constant. Example: In cell F1 is "4", indicating that I want a range 4 ro long. I want to calculate the minimum of the indicated number of rows (i this case, 5) up to the row where the MIN function is. Say mi functio...

owa -sp level
I have someone telling me my sp2 ex2003 box is sp1 because they know from logging in to owa? Is that possible to check with owa? On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 06:48:05 -0800, "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have someone telling me my sp2 ex2003 box is sp1 because they know from >logging in to owa? >Is that possible to check with owa? What exactly makes them think that? On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:23:49 GMT, Andy David - Exchange MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote: >On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 06:48:05 -0800, "Jake" ><Jake@dis...

post again problem in creating tab control
What I want is like this: when I select the first page,one dialog is shown up(not automatically) and when I select the second page the other dialog is up. because I use DLL, it is not easy to process the message TCN_SELCHANGE. i use the macro TabCtrl_GetCurSel(), but I don't know why the return value is always zero. Please help me! (I set all the dialogs child style). The codes are like: //create tab control handler hwndTabCtrl=3DCreateWindow(WC_TABCONTROL,"", WS_CHILD|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|WS_VISIBLE,0,0,rcClient.right,rcClient.bottom,hwnd= =ADParent,NULL,g_hinst,NUL...

Draw a themed combo box.
hi I am trying to make a combo box like control completely on my own by directly derving from CWnd. I have a control derived from CWnd. The OnPaint handler's code is given at the end of the post. What i am doing is that in the OnPaint I am drawing a edit control and then drawing a scroll button on the right hand side. In enabled state the control looks just fine but in disabled state, it does not look like the MFC themed combo box. Can someone help me get the disabled look? code snippet: CPaintDC dc(this); CRect totalRect; GetClientRect(totalRect); // dropdown button ...

tab control #10
hello I am very new in programming I have added a tab control in the main dialog that allow me to put different controls in each tab. I have about 5 tabs my problem is I want the controls on the tabs to communicate with the main dialog. I am able to call the controls and the functions of the main dialog from any of the tabs by using eg void CTab1::Onbuttom() { ((CMainDlg *)GetParent())->m_msg.SetWindowText("Hello"); } with this code if I click on a button on one of the tab page, it will write "hello" in the edit box in the main dialog. Now my problem is how do...

check box notification
I used a combo box with the following code to catch the Selection change notification: ON_CONTROL_REFLECT_EX(CBN_SELCHANGE, OnSelChange) Now I am using a check box and using this same code to catch button click notification but it doesnt work: ON_CONTROL_REFLECT_EX(BN_CLICKED, OnClick) How can I capture the button click notification inside my derived checkbox class? Thanks. Jess How about this ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_CHECKBOX1,OnClick) void CMyDlg::OnClick() { CheckBox Clicked } AliR. "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:LjYTf.56658$H71.43735@n...

How to check inbox content on the server?
Hi, I need to find solution (based on Outlook or Outlook Express) how to manage inbox content on POP3 server to make possible: - viewing inbox on POP3 server (messages headers, senders, sizes of messages etc.); - select messages to delete from server without getting them to PC; - select messages to get from server and delete or leave them; My ISP provides a webmail facility so I can log in from anywhere using a web browser. Very handy for deleting spam before collecting mail. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I need to find solution (based on Outlook or Outlook >...

Assign a range to where the User Form places data
I have a user form with several text boxes and list boxes. I am having difficulties getting the data to be put in the right range. It goes to the next unused line and uses that line, however, there are couple lines at top of spreadsheet, so it uses those, instead of starting on line 4 as I would like. I have tried to select a range in which the lines are to be written, but not getting good results. Undoubtedly there is an easy answer. Thanks in advance for your attention. Hi As always post your macro for comments. Try and see if this can help you: TargetRow=3DRange(...

Option to shadow shapes & text boxes in Publisher 2003
MS Office help offers the following instructions referencing a SHADOW STYLE OPTION; THIS OPTION DOES NOT APPEAR ON MY DROP DOWN LIST OF OPTIONS!!! Select the picture, AutoShape, WordArt or text box that you want to change. On the Formatting toolbar, click Shadow Style , and do one of the following: Add or remove a shadow To add a shadow, click the shadow style you want. To remove a shadow, click No Shadow. Change the direction of the shadow To change the direction of a shadow, click a shadow that goes the direction you want. Change the distance of the shadow from...

Populate text boxes from a list box
Hi, I have a form with text and combo boxes where user enters data. After saving, a list box in another form is being populated, and all that works just fine. What i wanted to do next is to enable users to open one set of data from the list box (one row of data) in that form with text and combo boxes. I tried and tried but either i manage to open that form in add mode where all fields are blank, or i manage to open the form with data from the list box, but always positioned on the first data in the list box. I have been trying for a while so it could be possible that i am missing...

Comment box
When I insert a comment, already inserted is "User:", is there a way t get rid of this so that the box is completely empty -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi tghcogo! Tools > Options > General Delete the existing User Name, and type a new entry OK Be aware that this is an Office setting and will impact upon other Office programs. You might want to change it back before exiting Excel. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "tghcogo >" <<tghcogo.18puzz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

Check for data in cell
I want to check to be sure the cell selected in column C has data in it otherwise display an error message. Hi oldjay You can use the worksheet event shown below: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) ' Be sure to look at a single cell If Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then ' Check if a cell iu column C is selected If Target.Column = 3 Then ' Check id the selected cell is empty If IsEmpty(Target) Then MsgBox "On empty cell" End If End If End If End S...

ActiveX control in Word 2007 problem ( PX_Blob() ) #2
Hi, I am having problems to make my MFC ActiveX control work on Word 2007. Inside my control, I use PX_Blob() to serialize data. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem: 1. Create a MFC ActiveX control and use PX_Blob() to serialize data. 2. Insert the control in a Word 2007 document. 3. Save the document as .docx - the new word format. 4. Quit Word 2007 5. Open the Word 2007 and open the file you just saved. 6. The PX_Blob() will NOT return the data you just saved. I found PX_Long() and PX_String() work fine in the above scenario. Also if I save the file as Word 2003 format (.doc) fro...

Problem with box size and cutting words
I'm obviously having some settings related problem with Crystal Reports. After I deploy my application to client everything works like a charm except for one problem - on all reports text is cut and carried to next line at border line; like this: // Some text is comming near to text obj ect border and then is cut is this ma nner // Of course it should be done like this: // Some text is comming near to text object border and then is cut is this manner // Anyone having idea what is problem? on the field on the report right click and go to properties. On the common tab i...

Problems with CHtmlEditCtrl control
I should have cross-posted this, answer in whatever NG you want (mfc or mfcole), I read both, thanks... I am having "funny" problems with this control. I derived from it and created my own subclass method that basicaly takes an existing editbox, creates HTML control in the same place and tab order and destroys the editbox. This works fine in a test project, but when I move it into my real project, the HTML control is displayed only if it is first in the tab order (I derive only from MFC classes right now, to avoid any problems from my existing code). Calling SetFocus() and ShowWind...

Text control won't expand
I have text controls that are word wrapped and a 250 size. Can enter the text, and it does wrap, but the size of the control won't expand to see all the text that is entered. Some people will enter 3 words, some a paragraph, so the text control needs to expand the cell instead of having to lock the cell size to the largest needed. Any ideas how to overcome? Why not add scroll bars in the textbox properties rather than resizing the box and whatever else its in on the fly. Linda;707474 Wrote: > I have text controls that are word wrapped and a 250 size. Can enter t...

Is it possible to have more control on context help window?
Hi all... I have created using the MFC Wizard an MDI application with context sensitive help support. The problem is that each option in the menu is shown with white background, and the whole menu bar has the default background. I think this happens because I'm using in my application a control that changes the menu to Office XP look. To avoid that in the child frame, I needed to call a member function of that XP Menu class so that the menu bar is shown flat. Is it possible to get the hwnd of the help window so that I can call that member function on the help window? or.. how can I avoi...

Error in query referring to Combo Box
I am very new to using VBA to build forms and am having a problem. I trying to embed a query within a public sub routine. The goal of this query is to use an alphanumeric code entered into a combo box on the form to retrieve an associated ID within a table. The bound column of the combo box is text. I have used the following code: Public Sub GetSturID(intSturID As Integer) Dim rsSturID As ADODB.Recordset Set rsSturID = New ADODB.Recordset rsSturID.Open "SELECT tblSturg.SturgID FROM tblSturg WHERE (tblSturg.PIT = '" & cmbPIT.Value & "')" _ &...

VBA causing Excel to max out 100% CPU when opening the Font Property dialog box
Hi, I'm trying to solve an issue that a client at work got with VBA in Excel 2003. The Client has a SS that got a few 'Combo Boxes' on it, if he select just 1 of the Boxes, anyone and tries to change the 'FONT PROPERTY' as soon as the ellipse ' 3 ... ' is clicked on XL then max's out the CPU sometimes talking 10 - 20 minutes before opening the 'FONT PROPERTY ' dialog box, or you can end the VBA task, this give error that it can't close XL, you OK this and then the 'FONT PROPERTY ' dialog box opens, once it finally open you can go on and ed...

Word object in a control
I want to add a word document based on a template in a bound object as embedded documet to be saved in my database field. -- VH Lars Gotlieb If you know what you need, you could create it yourself in about an hour, even with very little Access experience. "Lars Gotlieb Nielsen" wrote: > I want to add a word document based on a template in a bound object as > embedded documet to be saved in my database field. > > -- > VH Lars Gotlieb Ok I admit my question was a bit to short ;-) What I have is a form with an bound object that should contain a word file. What...

How to write code to check if MSFlexGrid.ocx was registered
I'm using msflexgrid. How do I write code to check to see if the client computer has msflexgrid.ocx register (or class CMSFlexGrid is not available), because if not I need to do something else Thanks! You may want to use CoCreateInstance to see if it exists. You'd get a REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG code if it doesn't. <jkclub2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1139278012.177028.199980@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I'm using msflexgrid. How do I write code to check to see if the client > computer has msflexgrid.ocx register (or class CMSFlexGrid is not > availa...