Hiding OLD customers in list

I have a customer list (tblCustomers)
And an Orders table (tblOrders)
I want to have an admin area functionality that prunes (hides from display
in any list or report) Customers from the list that have not placed an order
in X number of days (Admin can enter the number of days in a text box)
Solution does not have to be in days or in a text box. Could be several
check boxes (30 days, 10 weeks, 2 years...).
I am just looking for the simplest solution for us to limit the Customer
list by last order date.

Any help here will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0
Dave

If it were me, I would have a "Last Order Date" field in my customer table
and I would use code to fill it in when an order is added.  Perhaps an
update query could do this for you by locating the most recent order for
each customer and placing the date in your table?

Then, In my forms, reports, and queries, I'd tell it to only pull customers
with a last order date newer than today minus XX days.

Note that you might be able to accomplish all of this without the need to
add a new date to your table.  You could build the query I mentioned, then
pull the most recent order date, and use that to filter your list.  I think
(but could be wrong) that this would probably take longer to read through
than simply maintaining a last order date in the customer table.

--
Hope that helps!

RBear3
..

"Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message
>I have a customer list (tblCustomers)
> And an Orders table (tblOrders)
> I want to have an admin area functionality that prunes (hides from display
> in any list or report) Customers from the list that have not placed an
> order in X number of days (Admin can enter the number of days in a text
> box)
> Solution does not have to be in days or in a text box. Could be several
> check boxes (30 days, 10 weeks, 2 years...).
> I am just looking for the simplest solution for us to limit the Customer
> list by last order date.
>
> Any help here will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
RBear3

Neglected Customer Report
Does anyone know if the neglected customer report looks at items such as emails and phonecalls synced in to the history, or only activities liek appointments? You can develop report using SRS which show history of neglected. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :... mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Stephen" wrote: > Does anyone know if the neglected customer report looks at items such as > emails and phonecalls synced in to the history, or only activities liek > appointments? ...

How to create an entity like Marketing List?
I wanna create an entity like Marketing List called Product List. It's a list of products. How can I do this, anyone can help? First: Why don´t you use the product catalog in CRM? Don´t you like it? Second: Are you firm in editing XML Files? If not it´s a hard way to customize an entity like marketinglist "dorekofu" wrote: > I wanna create an entity like Marketing List called Product List. It's a list > of products. > > How can I do this, anyone can help? I need a new entity, not product catalogue. I think I'll find how to edit the XML ...

how do I use a dropdown list to update other fields on my form?
I have been searching and searching for the answer. Maybe it's the lingo I'm using? I'd like to select a name in the drop-down list and once it is selected it will populate the address, city, and state, etc. of that person, company, or whatever. How do I create the dropdown list to perform that function? Please help!!! Thank you! On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:56:00 -0800, K-Lo <K-Lo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been searching and searching for the answer. Maybe it's the lingo I'm >using? I'd like to select a name in the drop-down list and once i...

Envelopes from mailing list
I would like to learn how to print envelopes from a mail list. I have created a mail list recipient but can't figure out how to print envelopes directly from the list and not use the merge document. I already have my document to be mailed prepared. I just need to figure out how to print the envelopes to my mailing list. EAC-needs help <EAC-needs help@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I would like to learn how to print envelopes from a mail list. I have > created a mail list recipient but can't figure out how to print > envelopes dire...

Attachments, Global Address List, Security
Help, please, somebody! I’ve tried looking on Microsoft’s troubleshooting and IT help et. al. and I have 4 books and I’m getting no answers. I am depending on the kindness of strangers. My setup: Win 2k Server, Win 2k Exchange Server, client Outlooks are 2002. I set up Outlook Web Access, so that people could access their email from the internet when they were out of office. It required that I use “Outlook Today mailboxes” and not the Personal Folders. But whereas Personal folders have some privacy inside the network, I discovered that, within our network, by using Outlook—Fil...

Combo Lists
I have a database which captures colleagues requesting projects from our department. Everything work fine, and now I am just tweeking it before it goes live. What I want to know is whether I can create a combo list that is generated as records are created? For instance there is a field for the colleagues name, but it would take me forever to put everyone's name in, so what I wanted to do was if they request more projects instead of having to enter their names over and over again, can i just pick it from a previoue entry? Hope that makes sense Thanks Tracy -- Message posted via http:/...

subtotals in smart list #2
Hi everyone, Is it possible to have totals in smart list ?? if yes ... is it a 3rd party tool or any trick or tips ?? or best of all any code samples !. Thanks Ashfaq ...

Customer Info Report?
I want to be able to pull up a report that will show me when customers have spent more than $100 within either a month, or two months. I use custom date in the report, and get a blank report? Any advice? -- Thank You Vince :) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0430_01C6B70A.1E451E40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Vince, Reports | Sales | Top Performers | Top Customers | click Sales on the = left | change Operator to Greater Than (>) | set Filter Value to 100 | = Add | OK This should ...

Global address list #35
Where do I go to make changes to the global address list? What kind of changes? The ESM is the starting point for a lot of changes. Nue "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> wrote in message news:OEgcoEPKGHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Where do I go to make changes to the global address list? > I need to add users to my address lists. Mervin Williams "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eptxEJPKGHA.964@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What kind of changes? The ESM is the starting point for a lot of changes. > >...

Customize statuscode
The SDK says this field is customizable (For email) however, when I go in to add values, it is disabled. I understand that statecode is not customizable, but statuscode is supposed to be. How can I add additional values to this list? Thnaks, -Chad Hi Chat, StatusCode is customizable only for few entities like you can customize it for Account entity but for email, it is not customizable. Please do click on Yes or No if this post was helpful or not. You may contact me directly at my email if you need any CRM help. -- take care, uMar Khan imumar@gmail.com "Chad" wrote: >...

Populating Exchange 2003 Address List from External LDAP server
Gidday guys, due to different systems across different parts of our organisation we're looking to using a dedicated centralised LDAP server for each of our "branches" to export our address lists to and import the other address books from. In our case we're running Exchange 2003 and was hoping we could tie a custom address list back to the external LDAP server through an LDAP query, so we'd have up to the moment accuracy of the list, but from what I've read so far this isn't natively possible (be nice to hear I'm wrong though!). The other branches are ...

Are custom expression builders neccessary?
Does the framework support returning a string from a method such as GetThemedHelp() which generates and returns the value of the CollapsedImage property which cannot be known until the page is compiled. Which event handler should contain the method as written and what is the expression syntax? The following does not function when the method is called from the same class as the page. // GetThemedHelpIcon() string not returned <cc1:CollapsiblePanelExtender ID="Help" CollapsedImage="<%# GetThemedHelpIcon() %>" /> ...

RMS should allow to make own custom reports
I believe one should be able to make our own reports to meet our needs ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2a81edb6-1d0f-45c5-b071-b6437154883c&dg=microsoft....

Hide Graph of Data Outside X-Axis Range
I have an XY Scatter graph with data back into the 1990's (for example, 10-Year US Treasury yields). The graph references all of the data so that when I change the dates on the x-axis (my range of dates I want to view), I don't have to redo the data references. The problem is, the graph of Treasury yields (let's call it a blue line) is starting outside the chart border where the y-axis labels are...instead of starting at the y-axis. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance. If none of your series use markers, the lines should terminate on the boundaries of the ...

Screen print list of all files stored and not each individual file
Excel 2003 - After I select file, open, look-in, how do I print only the list of all files stored without actually printing each individual file? I tried highlighting all files stored, right click print and nothing happened! ...

Multiple Outlook.exe Entries in the Task Manager Process List
Outlook 2003 (from the recent Students & Teachers suite) works fine on two computers that share a .pst file. One of the computer lists OUTLOOK.EXE many (e.g.,four) times in the process list of the task manager, even though I am not running Outlook at the time. I can end the processes with no apparent problem. None of this happens on the second computer. Why are there multiple OUTLOOK.EXE processes running? Thanks. PS-Remove "removethisnospam7" from the above email address. ...

Old cases
Hi, I'm starting with CRM and I've managed to get all the accounts in from a 108 worksheet Excel doc. Now for each worksheet there have been documented all communications with each account. I was thinking I would register those as cases in CRM (if that's really a stupid idea please tell me where this should go). The problem with the cases is that they have a created on field that is read only and so all the old cases get registered today. Is there any way for me to temporarily edit the created on date while I get the back log into the system? Another problem I can't fig...

When Replying, new email uses name of emailer from old email rather then contacts.
To explain this further. When someone sends me an email it comes in saying: from: Mr Xiao Xia Xxia@chinanet.com I have in my contacts: Freddy Xia with the email address Xxia@chinanet.com When i reply to that email, it uses the name he sends as, rather then the name i have chosen to sort him as. When i use my Mac computer with Entourage 2004, the behaviour is how i expect it to be, it uses the name from my contacts. But in Outlook 2003, it does not. Is there a way to change Outlooks behaviour in this scenario? Regards, Jamie Replies always use the address of the sender. That's w...

Custom No Sale Receipt
I am trying to get a no sale receipt to print the shift tender section of the x-report. I have got an extract of the x-report into the reciept report in the correct spot to print the cash in drawer and credit cards for the shift however they are always zero amounts, is there no access to the data when the receipt prints out? The reason we need this is to provide clerks a way of knowing how much money is in the drawer for doing drops, we are curently just running x-reports randomly to find this out. I tried to create an excell spread sheet to just show the cash in drawer amount, but w...

Hiding cell contents
I have a spreadsheet with 2 date columns. Column H and column F. 1 column shows the last date an review was made and the other column shows the date the next review is due. I am using the following formula in column F to update the next review date, ie =H1+7, which advances the date in column F by 7 days. My problem is that I am making new enttries down the columns and when I try to format column F all the down to save time entering the above formula, where there are no entries in column H then I get 07/01/1900 in each cell. How can I stop 07/01/1900 being displayed and simply have a bla...

Custom Browser
Hi friends I use a custom web browser made in vb6 for my personal use; say limited use - my colleaques also use it at my work place. Everything fine - but when we right click on a link and point to open in new window the target page will open in internet explorer(the default web browser) instead of my custom browser. What shall I do to get the link open in another copy of my custom browser itself? Subclassing? I have no much idea about subclassing. But with a detailed instruction may be I can do it. Please give any idea how to proceed. Thank you in advance SM If you set a ...

Re: how to Customization of Contact form-CRM
Hi, Thank you for response. Actually scenario is… Click sales tab--------click Accounts (in sales tab)--------click particular account(in accounts ,it open popup window for accounts, in that)----click contacts(in this contacts list –I want to put a filter (by using pick list) in this form)-after select the particular value ,the grids filters data). This is my task. Pls guide me clearly. Thank you venkataravikumar can you explain further and give more details on what you are trying to achieve -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.ms...

I want to hide the favorites folder in out look
R. D. Childers <R. D. Childers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Use a view that doesn't contain it. -- Brian Tillman I think this may point me in the right direction but I am going to assume that there are custom views allowed in custom or options or properties. Thank you. I shall begin diging. Now I will know when I find it. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > R. D. Childers <R. D. Childers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Use a view that doesn't contain it. > -- > Brian Tillman > Ctrl+6 to swit...

How to customize CRM
Hello, I've read through a lot of the sales pitch that MS calls the CRM SDK, and tried to get more information on the internet, but it doesn't really tell me much about how to get started on additional development for CRM. I want to integrate CRM account and case information with another app, using Biztalk to send new and modified records back and forth. I can't use the CRM Integration installation, because that looks for a Great Plains installation and is erroring out on me. Does anybody have access to any source code examples of how to do this? I pretty much gave up on the idea...

Exporting custom views in OL2003
The custom views I've created in OL2003 are not in the views.dat file. In fact, I don't even have a views.dat folder, leading me to believe they're hiding someplace else. I've duplicated *everything* OL file I can find on my hard drive and home and copied it to my work machine but still the folders and views are not making it. Did OL2003 move this into the registry, and does anybody know which keys? Many thanks. Unless this has changed since Outlook 2002, custom .PST folder views are stored within the .PST itself. If you reuse the original .PST rather than importing o...