Hide subforms control from main forms control

I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform
if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code.
Please help.

0
New_Access

Ciao New_Access wrote:
> I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform
> if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code.
> Please help.

Private sub form_current()

if youControlName => "1" then

  forms!NameForm!SubForm.form.YouControlName.visible = false

end if

end sub

--
Ciao
Geppo

0
geppo
12/7/2007 12:26:04 PM
geppo,
why does access think my FormName is a fieldname.

"geppo" <ccc@tin.it.invalid> wrote in message
> Ciao New_Access wrote:
> > I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform
> > if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code.
> > Please help.
>

> Private sub form_current()
>
> if youControlName => "1" then
>
>   forms!NameForm!SubForm.form.YouControlName.visible = false
>
> end if
>
> end sub
>

> --
> Ciao
> Geppo

0
New_Access

Hide sheet tabs?
Is there any way to hide sheet tabs? Thanks. Botman, Tools - Options - View. Sheet tabs. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- <robotman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162593984.726539.223400@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to hide sheet tabs? > > Thanks. > Tools | Options | View uncheck "Sheet tabs" <robotman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162593984.726539.223400@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to hide sheet tabs? > > Thank...

Recipe form
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CAA341.278E2830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a recipe database I am building or my wife. I have the categories = table and my recipes table with the relationshi set u between them. My wife would like a field on the recippe form displaying what number = recipe the item is within the category it is asigned to. For example if have 10 meat recipes and meatloaf is the fifth one, she = wants the number 5 display. I am asuming I n...

on last enter start new blank form
is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of information? Thanks in advance for the help! If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command button, you should get "a new blank form". If you're asking how to have it happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're finished entering data? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a produ...

Locking and Hiding Columns
I have a spreadsheet that I need to share without the user being able to unhide certain columns yet still have the ability to enter data in the other fields. Any suggestions? Thanks -- JerryS Have you tried Locking all the the cells except those cells you want to allow user input, then hide the columns and protect the sheet with a password? Rob "JerryS" <JerryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70FA2D38-3FBB-4B39-BF30-CC294BF05B29@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that I need to share without the user being able to > unhide certain columns yet ...

Data input OK but form not dispalying information back
Hi I have created various forms and tables successfully but suddenly I have one form which is not behaving as i would expect. When I enter data into this form, it appears to have been saved in the table, however, when I exit the form and then go back in to check the data, it is no longer displayed. I am new to access and have been teaching myself as I go along. Obviously I am missing someting here. Can you help me please? Many Thanks-- Tash It is possible you may have changed the data entry properties for the form. I think that would be unlikely for a beginner. Check the properties ...

Edit Tabbed Forms
I made a database, and a form to enter info into the datatbase. The form has 2 tabs, but both tabs enter info in the same table. The problem is that when I go to open the form, it opens to the next entry, but the bottom record counter is at 1. I can't go back and edit past records. The report and the table shows all the records, but the form doesnt. Anyone know why? "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F4D69AD-19B4-480A-A26E-1D6EA25372CA@microsoft.com... >I made a database, and a form to enter info into the datatbase. The form >has...

Hide unhide sheets #2
Thanks Martin it works great ...

Query based Subform will not allow editing
I have a maintenance DB that has energy lockout points associated with pieces of equipment so we can safely do maintenance. I have an 'edit existing lockout' form, based on a query, that lists in a subform the various points required for a certain piece of equipment. My system used to work, but now I can edit the main, but the subform has locked me out. All I get is a doorbell tone when I attempt to enter info. I can enter the req'd info in the tables, but but my form went snafu. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Does your query allow editing? Check the asterisk in the record...

Is it possible to create and publish Outlook Custom Form through VBA
Hi All, I have created COM-Addin for Outlook in VB. But there are lot of limitations in VBScript like to handle all events(other than click event) of controls(ListView,Textbox) on outlook custom form. Can we handle these events using VBA so that i can distribute that application? Or Is it possible to create and publish that form through VB.? Thanks, Hi, Why don't you ask "Sue Mosher's" Forum - www.outlookcode.com - dedicated to OL add in programmers. -- Hope this helps you more Regards APK "ujwalabamishte@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi All, > I have created C...

Do I Need Main Identity Now that I am Not Using Entourage?
I stopped using Entourage a couple of years ago. I am unsure if any Microsoft Office 2004 applications use this other than Entourage. I don't know if there are settings that I need for PowerPoint, Word or Excel. Should I delete it? Leave it alone? Thank you. On 12/17/09 12:15 PM, in article 505f340d-b11f-422f-a86b-8de2f665aa52@k32g2000prb.googlegroups.com, "kerpa" <keroutt@gmail.com> wrote: > I stopped using Entourage a couple of years ago. I am unsure if any > Microsoft Office 2004 applications use this other than Entourage. I > don't know i...

static control font
Hi all, I am creating and inserting static controls on my dialog. And i am setting their font with the function below. BOOL CMyDlg::CreateFont() { LOGFONT logFont; CFont font; memset(&logFont, 0, sizeof(logFont)); logFont.lfHeight = 14; logFont.lfWeight = FW_REGULAR; logFont.lfPitchAndFamily = VARIABLE_PITCH | FF_SWISS; lstrcpy(logFont.lfFaceName, "Arial"); if (!font.CreateFontIndirect(&logFont)) AfxMessageBox("Could not create font..."); return TRUE; } What i am asking is what is the default face name for s...

Quote Form
I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A couple of the issues are: 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to data source. 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they are missing and Word wants to remove them. We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I wai...

#Deleted# records in Form
I've struggled with this before. It's been quite a while since I programmed in Access. When you delete a record from the source of a form, how do you get it to stop showing up as #Deleted#? I've tried Requery.... ?? TIA Ok, Crazy, Here is a function that will delete the current record and make that annoying #Deleted# disappear. If you have a Delete command button on the form, call it like this: DelCurrentRec(Me) I have this function is a Standard Module so I can call it from any form. Public Function DelCurrentRec(ByRef frmSomeForm As Form) Dim rst As Recordset O...

Stay on top of main application window but not topmost
I have a dialog based application, and I'm using Chris Maunder's CProgressWnd to occasionally pop up a progress window. When the CProgressWnd is created it disables my main application dialog window and uses the style WS_EX_TOPMOST to stay on top of it. The problem is that WS_EX_TOPMOST causes the progress window to stay on top of ALL other applications' windows. What I really want is for the CProgressWnd to stay on top of my main dialog window BUT NOT stay on top of any other applications' windows. That means that other applications can be started up and my application...

controlling spam with MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Hi I need to know if there is a way of using a wild card word inconjunction with the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml. I will try to explain, recently our ISP who provide our first line spam filtering changed their methods of controlling spam and since this change we are getting alot more spam into our exchange systems. They delete obvious spam but the ones they are a little unsure about they now send it out and adjust the subject to include the word spam I now this sounds daft but just go along with it. So we are getting alot of spam with the different subjects all prefixed with {s...

Naming a subform from a main form
I'm having a heck of a time getting to a control on a sub form from a main form. I use the following convention Forms![frm MAIN_FORM]![frm SUB_FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] However when I run the code, I get an error message informing me Access cannot find the field named [frm SUB_FORM]. Then I tried taking the mainform out of the line leaving me with Forms![frm SUB-FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] Then the message reads can find find the form named frm subform. As far as I can tell the subform is opened. I can see it. I'm baffled. Can you help me? Common problem!! Open your main form in d...

Referring to control on subform
I have a parent form named fMemberInfo with a tab control called tabSubforms with a subform called fYInfoSubform with a combobox call cboSeqNo I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent" event. How do I refer to the comboxbox? On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:51:56 -0500, "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a parent form named fMemberInfo >with a tab control called tabSubforms >with a subform called fYInfoSubform >with a combobox call cboSeqNo > >I would like to requery the combobox on t...

Hiding Columns In Excel
When I try to hide too many columns in Excell I get the following message and it won't let me hide the columns, "Cannot Shift Objects off Sheet.". Is there a workaround? What am I doing wrong? The following MSKB article may help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211769 Also, Dave Peterson recently posted this advice: '================ Someone with the same problem posted back that their comments were getting resized causing the trouble. Maybe enabling: Tools|Options|View|Comment and ...

Sharing only forms, not tables
I have an access database. I have designed several forms which shows information retrieved by querries. I would like to share this forms with my colleagues via server. But, i dont want my colleagues to access tables and querries, because of security reasons. Could you pleae tell me a good reference to do that? How can i keep my tables in a seperate place than forms. Thanks That's not going to work. Forms have no data of their own. They read their data from and write their data to tables. If your users have not rights to read or write the tables, your forms won't work either. -- A...

how do I assign a variable to a check box or radio control?
I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on to a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro. Use the AfterUpdate of the control (if it's a stand-alone control), or of the option group (if it's part of an option group) to SetValue (in a macro) or assign the value (in code.) Not sure if it's really a good idea though. Considerations such as: - You can quite easily read the value from the form. - Doesn't work in versions of Access before 2007. - If it's a bound form, the tempvar would not be up to date when you move to a different recor...

Run query from date input on form
Hello all! I have what I hope is a easy situation. I have a table that has information that is entered daily with a field "Completed Date". I want to add a text box to a form where a user can enter a date and hit a button that will run a query for that specific completion date so I can have the query results exported to Excel. Would I use an unbound text box on the form? How would I set up the query to take the date entered in the form? Thank you very much! - Joker -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yes, an unbound textbox would be one w...

Hiding zero values
I have a chart with data in Columns C and E. I want the columns to zero out when subtracted (ex:=E2-C2). My issue is I only want zeros in the answer column G to display in the rows with data, not in the rest of the column where I put the formula. Is that possible? Any ideas would be helpful. I can't hide zero values becuase then nothing in the column would display at all. I tried an If Statement but I get a circular reasoning error. HELP! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A C# WaveOut API Player - Recorder Library http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/...

Checking a forms fields for null
Hi All, I can think of a few ways to accomplish this, but would like to know of a better way. just like when you fill out forms on the web if the field is mandatory it pops up a msg say somthing like "This field isn't optional" if it is left blank. What is the best way to do this in access on a form? I'm using now: if ISNull(myFeild1) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild1" end if If ISNull(myFeild2) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild2" end if if ISNull(myFeild3) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild3" end if I use s...

ActiveX Controls #3
Hi, can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. Underdog wrote: > Hi, > can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? Look for the CIRCLE tutorial in MSDN. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Hi, Thanx for ur reply..but i tried that sample but its not working properly.....i.e when i tried changing the back color of the circle using the steps given in the sample it didnt work i.e the color is not changing .....Is there any other link for ActievX samples??? thanx in advance "Scott McPhillips...

ASP.Net 2005 Editable Drop down server control
Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop down control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. Thanks in advance Check out the code at this link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/EditableDropdown.aspx - Dave "JPrasad." <JPrasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50FF9826-BB9B-4E99-9D73-745274229164@microsoft.com... > Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop > down > control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. > > Thanks in a...