Help...Query Results Posted on a Form

I have created a form w/ almost all the fields from one table. I have three
particular fields that the users will input data, costs, into. I want the
fourth field to populate w/ the results of those three and then store itself
w/ the info the user input into the form.

I have created a query which will calculate that cost. I have attempted to
add it to the form with a combo/list box and added a button to run the query
for the user. I get the results but it's all the results of each record I
create versus just one.

I appreciate any help or insights..

Thank you

0
thenderson

Start by basing your form on a query and add a field to the query that will
do the calculations for you.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

Problem with post callout
Hi. I'm able to create files on the server as response to accounts being created in CRM. However, I'm not able to load other .NET assemblies or applications from the same component. Any idea why? Are those other assemblies strong named? If not, you either need to make them strong named or create a wrapper. I know you can do this with a utility, but don't have the steps handy. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:21:02 -0700, "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

Cannot post batches in Dynamics
I'm trying to post batches that has a posting interrupted status in Batch recovery window in Dynamics GP, but after doing this I receive the following error: "Batch failed to complete posting. Use batch recovery to complete posting process." I've already tried to run the following queries to solve this issue: delete activity delete sy00800 delete sy00801 delete dex_lock delete dex_session I've also checked if the mkdtopst and bchsttus fields are set to 0 for batches in sy00500 table. But non of these helped. Every time I try to post a batch i receive the error: ...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

Invoice Item Posting Account defaults to Cash account instead of Income, Sales account
Great Plains 7.00g12 Our VAR doesn't know the answer to this: Our Invoice Item Posting Account defaults to the 'Cash' account instead of the expected 'Income, Sales' account. We can override this manually for each item in the invoice. After entering an item on the invoice. (I've attached a screen shot) Looking at the distribution in the Sales Distribution Entry window: The Credit shows as type SALES but the Distribution Reference shows as Cash. We cannot figure out why this is happens. Selecting the Sales Item Detail Inquiry Zoom then selecting <Distributio...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

PocketPC Outlook help
I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync Inbox information from one computer to another. Is there a way to sync inbox information to another computer without having to delete partnerships or not having the inbox sync at all with another computer? Hi - Not sure what you mean by "from one computer to another" - do you mean you're trying to sync your PDA to more than one computer? Note that this can often cause problems and lost data. Probably best to post in m.p.pocketpc for more help.... Frank wrote: > I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync &...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

Total from a Query to a Form
Hello, I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary view. How can I make this possible. Thanks in advance. On Sep 25, 8:34 am, Chris <chris.ho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a > table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the > numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary > view. How can I ma...

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

PLEASE HELP
Hi, In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes outlook to not respond and closes down. Please Help Me. Kara This is the obv. but have you try to repair OL, its under your help Item on your menu bar my 2 cents "Kara Johnson" wrote: > Hi, > In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes > outlook to not respond and closes down. > Please Help Me. ...

Exch2003 Post SP2 OWA Problem
Hi folks, I'm dealing with an OWA problem that occured after upgrading the Exchange 2003 front end server to SP2. The domain is a multi-site domain. The front end server is using HTTPS encryption. The backend server that I am trying to connect to is also running Exch2003 SP2. The mailbox is located on the backend server. There are other Exch2003 SP2 boxes at other sites that can be logged onto via OWA. However, there are multiple sites with Exch2003 SP2 boxes that cannot be logged onto. I have ensured that the mailbox can be accessed internally from the server that it is loc...

Self Destructing Queries
Hi, I have an Excel spreadsheet into which I pull data from Access qurie using the "Get External Data -> New DB Query" option. I have severa worksheets each pulling data via it's own Excel Query. This works fin when setting it up - problem starts when i try and "Refresh Data sometimes the link is just gone, and there is no query anymore? Sometimes, the refresh option is there, I click it, it htinks, pulls i the latest data, and then just self destructs - i.e. the query is gone and you cannot refresh anymore. Only thing I know to do is to rebukl the whole query from Exce...

Nested query-based distribution groups?
We are currently trying to implement some query-based distribution groups. Is it possible to create one QBDG that has a couple of rules (for example all people with a certain job title) and then create another dynamic group that will start with all the users in the previous group (all people with a certain title) and further narrow it down with more rules? Basically does exchange 2003 allow for nested query-based groups? If so, how do you go about doing it? Thanks. Yes they can be nested. You would nest them just like you would nest any other group. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=82289...

Excel Version When Posting Please State Your Excel Version!!!
On Jan 8, 6:58=A0pm, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Subject: Excel Version When Posting Please State Your > Excel Version!!! And Please Include Your Questions and Comments In the Body of Your Posting!!! Not just in the subject line, even if it simply duplicates the subject line. Some news readers truncate the subject line. Some news servers do not permit you to reply to articles with empty bodies. Some news servers seem to reject such articles when they come in from the network, or perhaps the originating news server does not push them into the network. That ...

updatable query 04-03-10
I just ran a query and MS Access shows it is un updatable query. I just wonder are there any query is updatable? If yes, are there any rules that for updatable query? Your information is great appreciated, inungh wrote: > I just ran a query and MS Access shows it is un updatable query. > > I just wonder are there any query is updatable? > If yes, are there any rules that for updatable query? > > There's a wealth of information about this in Access online help if you just type "updatable query" into the search box and look at the topic cal...

removing locked cost field from product form
On the Product entity form the 3 fields 'list price' 'standard cost' and 'current cost' are locked. Is there a way to get the 'current cost' field off the form so it can't be seen by users? thanks Garnet Hi Garnet, You can use the following Javascript Onload of the form: crmForm.all.<<name of the field>>_d.style.display = "none"; HTH, Niths "Garnet" wrote: > On the Product entity form the 3 fields 'list price' 'standard cost' and > 'current cost' are locked. Is there a way to get the &#...

how do i set up page 2 on the post car in Publisher?
I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the other side? Flip side <Flip side@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ > the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the > other side? Insert > Page? Is this a mail merge? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Hey there...If you used a preset template in the wizard for postcards, it will automatically provide 2 pages...

Run query or report from multiple tables
I have three tables: Equipment Instruments System Numbers Each record in the tables 'equipment' and 'instruments' has three lookup fields that link to fields to the 'system numbers' table.' How can I create a query or report that lists all records contained within the equipment and instruments tables that are linked to the system numbers table? On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:20:01 -0800, Sim <Sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three tables: > >Equipment >Instruments >System Numbers > >Each record in the tables 'equipment'...

Posting to a Historical Year 2 years old
My client wants to post to the historical year 2003, however 2004 is already closed. I told him you can only post to the most recently closed year. Any suggestions? There is a setting in GL Setup to allow historical posting plus may have to go to Fiscal Period setup and open the year. While in GL setup make sure the Retained Earnings account is correct b/c GP will create "roll forward" entries for subsequent years and these entries may effect retained earnings. >-----Original Message----- >My client wants to post to the historical year 2003, however 2004 is already ...

Adding data in Queries
I am at loss. I created a query from 2 tables. Tables have some common field names. I joined the date field and a BlockT field. I have entered some criteria to limit the data dispaly for one date and now I cannot update the data. Why not? These tables are propagated by 2 uppend queries and have a unique field to prevent duplicate records [Date]&[ID]&[StartTime]&[BlockT] These are not the fields that I want to enter data. Thanks in advance for any help. Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 see if ...

Outlook Form "Array Index out of bounds"
I recently installed MSOffice 2003 witjh Small Business Manager. After deleting an attached e-mail I am no longer able to launch the custom form and receive an error that says "Array Index out of bounds". I know it has to do with launching a form but I cannot figure out how to "fix" this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.... ...

Guys i need your help
I dont seem to find the way how i can do this report which i really need . I need to have a report that can print only 3 records , this i was able to achieve but the issue is that i need the report to be able to print either 3 consecutive records where i specify the first record and the others be consecutive or else ( this i also need) be able to chose the 3 different records . Guys i hope i gave a good explanation Thank you -- Access For Fun See if this example helps: http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=48&Number=1028860&Zf=f48&Zw=batch&...

form design issues
Hello Access 2007 here, 2 quick questions: 1) how can I manage comboboxes do NOT change background on exit? It seems that by default, once you exit the control it kind of make its background transparent, even if either backcolor or backstyle values didn't change, I ckecked. 2) I'm noticing that after starting typing in an unbound form, the labels text seems kind of bolder, not looking "regular" as when the form opened. I read some years ago something about issues regarding memory licking that can cause weird *things*. Does anyone know something more accurate? ...