Getting a form to open at the top instead of the bottom

Hi

This is a very simple question.

As mentioned in the subject line, I have created a form which is about 8
inches in height.

When a user opens the form, instead of being at the top, they're at the
bottom.

I can't quite figure out how to make it so that when the form opens, the
user is at the top of the form than the bottom.

Thank you in advance.

The form will open with the focus on the first control in the tab order.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

Launching Form from another Form
Hi guys, I am sure there are a few ways, but what is the preferred way to launch a Form from another? When my user saves a new Case, I want to pop up the Contact form. -Ernst Ernst Kuschke (C# MVP) wrote: > Hi guys, > > I am sure there are a few ways, but what is the preferred way to launch > a Form from another? When my user saves a new Case, I want to pop up > the Contact form. > > -Ernst FWIW, a "Contact Form" can be displayed by navigating to the aspx page at "./SFA/conts/edit.aspx?id={contactGuid}" -Ernst ------=_NextPart_0001_08B36A04 Con...

C# Net GridView LinkButton open a new page
Hi, In my C# .Net framework 2.0 web application, I have a GridView which has the LinkButton ItemTemplate. I would like to have the click event for the LinkButton then it will open a new web page( not redirect). I think I'm stucking in the javascript with the asp control, need help! Thanks. Jason ...

Unable to open Windows XP
When I try to open my Virtual PC Windows XP on my Powerbook G4 it comes up with an error that Windows could not open successfully. I try to open it in safe mode and all of the other options available and it still comes up that I am unable to open Windows. Any ideas how to fix this or what the problem is? You'll probably get faster & more thorough assistance if you post to microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc But they'll need much more specific information about VPC & OS X versions, update levels, etc. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 9/19/07 11:55 PM, in article 11...

Auto Update in Forms
Please help. I am totally terrible in Access and need simple instructions. I have a form that all it has is the employee name control and the employee id number control listed like this: requestor (employee name) tag number (employee id) Can someone give me a simple method for putting in the requestor name and the tag number will pop up automatically. Created a query called qrytaguser which has both fields in it to try to make this happen. Read several forums, but I don't understand VBA code to translate the suggestions. Thanks in advance. -- Johnny ...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

getting a single line from a file
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to read a single line from a text file. I tried using getline, but my MFC program does not recognize the getline function. Nor does it recognize <string> or <string.h> or using namespace std. So is there another function that I can use in MFC? Roger Take a look at the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:e98o6IMmDHA.1764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was wondering if someone could tell me ho...

Preventing users from saving forms into unprotected formats
I need to stop users from saving forms into unprotected formats, e.g. RTF (believe it or not, my users like to mess about with form layout, creating business interoperability problems) I have successfully intercepted the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands. I also need to intercept the Save As dialog which comes up for a new dialog when the file is closed, so I'm using a BeforeDocumentClose event handler. I would like them to be able to choose not to save, so I give them a YesNoCancel message, but I can't prevent the regular message coming up if they click No on my message...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

How to open a msg attachment?
Hi all, Someone sent me a msg attachment and I am trying to open it. When I open it all I get is a blank message. This supposed is to be a distribution list and I am using Office 2003. Any ideas, Thanks. -SA. Ask the sender to resend, this time creating the message in rich-text = format.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "SA&qu...

Can't open some mail after upgrade
Hello.. We upgraded our server to Exchange 2003. After the upgrade our clients using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 do not seem to be able to open mail that has been forwarded more than once and contains attachments. I can forward the same piece of mail to someone using an Outlook 2003 client and they can open it, but the client using Outlook 2000 cannot view the mail, preview the mail, forward the mail or even see or save the attacment. The error is: "Can't open this item. Could not complet the operation because the service provider does not support it." Any help...

get sql server schema to xml?
Hello, How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to convert the entire schema into an xml file. thanks in advance. You can use a DataReader's GetSchemaTable method "suzy" <suzy@spam.com> wrote in message news:ckNyb.372$nL5.173@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hello, > > How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to > convert the entire schema into an xml file. > > thanks in advance. > > Oops, sorry for not posting the link... you can do it with the Connection Object as well... here's a ...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

How to get the associated application for a document
Hi all.. I am populating a CMainFrame menu with some document files. I want each menu item to display the icon for the associated application. For example, if the document is .DOC, Microsoft Word icon has to be displayed near to the menu item. I tried a lot of things, but without success... The last thing I tried was this: SHFILEINFO fi; CImageList imgShell; imgShell.Attach((HIMAGELIST)SHGetFileInfo(sFileExt, 0, &fi, sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_USEFILEATTRIBUTES | SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON)); int iImgNdx = m_docImgList.Add(imgShell.ExtractIcon(fi....

Automatic open locked excel file through access control
We know,Excel has prompt password to open it files. Is it possible to create a code that can supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we open the excel file through our access control in a form, the excel files can be opened automatically.But when the excel files opened from its default icon,it will prompt a password first. On Jul 10, 8:43 pm, "shiro" <s...@play.com> wrote: > We know,Excel has prompt password > to open it files. > Is it possible to create a code that can > supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we > open the excel file throu...

Slow performance when opening e-mail
It takes 10-15 seconds for an e-mail to open. even moving between e-mails is slow, nor will the preview pane show up any faster. It takes the same period of time to delete messages. Even moving between contacts, calender to my in box takes an excessive period of time. It has not always been this slow. I have archived my info and do not have an excessive ammount of messages in my box. Nor am I low on memory or performance with my hardware. Any ideas? Thanks, Matthew Depending on the version of Outlook (which you do NOT state), turning off Instant Message integration under Tools-&...

Return Blank instead of Zero
I have two cells linked, is there a formatting to return a blank instead of zero when the cell its linked to is empty -- Db1712 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314201 Use =IF(E6,E6,"") versus =E6 -- tralls ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tralls's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=859 View this t...

Open up Archives then delete Archive folder.
I'm trying to open up those "archive.psd" and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders and then I can't do anything with the Archive folder. Can you tell me how to open up a file called "archive.psd"? So far I've tried File>Open>Outlook Data File, then I select the archive.psd file and all that happens is I keep adding Archive folders that I can't do anything with. How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. PST, do you mean? PSD isn't a valid extension for an Outlook file. IS ...

Getting Percentages Correct
I have a datebase that tracks race/enthnicity by number of people in a household. ie Caucasian/White 3 In my report I have a header/footer for each Race (total 6) Grouping with the control source [Race_Ethnicity] and get the totals in the footer: =SUM([total #]) Which are all correct. All other fields are hidden. The page footer give the the total count of all 6 groups. Again: =SUM([total #]) it to provides me a correct over all total same Control Source: [Race_Ethnicity] In the footer, I'm trying to find the percentage of each of the total. No matter what I d...

unspecified error at opening
Hello, my MS Word 2007 doc is getting an unspecified error at opening. The error message is a problem is with content - Location: Part: /word/footer4.xml, Line 2, Column: 583. How can I recover this doc? How can this be avoided in the future? Thank you in advance for your time. Regards, Jim ...

center page top to bottom
How do I center my text top to bottom? In Word 2003 it was under page layout, justify On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:45:01 -0800, Sonja <Sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I center my text top to bottom? In Word 2003 it was under page >layout, justify Assuming you now have Word 2007, it's in the same dialog but it takes a different path to get there. Click the Page Layout tab of the ribbon. In the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group, click the little button to open the Page Setup dialog. The setting you want is on the Layout tab of the dialog...

How do I keep the help window on top and work on my worksheet
When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to read it whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The help window closes as soon as it loses focus. In earlier versions this did not happen. Is there a fix for it? If you are using Excel 2003, the top left corner of the help-presented window has a Tile/Untile option. Not really pretty but does enable you to read the help whilst working on the sheet. Howard Walker 635 Wrote: > When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to > read it > whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The hel...

Where to get Crystal Reports 8.5 for MSCRM?
I have read that I will need this product in order to customize the reports in MSCRM. Where can I get this product? Can I use Crystal Enterprise 8.5 instead? contact www.greatplains.com as they can sell you a version of crystal that only talks to microsoft crm and hence is cheaper "sinha" <osinha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:061901c38c4a$3acdf2f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have read that I will need this product in order to > customize the reports in MSCRM. > Where can I get this product? > Can I use Crystal Enterprise 8.5 instead? > As John mentioned,...

cannot see my dialog/forms.
By accident i excluded a file or something from my project, now i dont see my gui anymore,. i try to include the res files, but in the resource viewer i dont see the dialofg box nomore. the appl. still compiles and runs, what do i have to do to get the gui back? thanx N. Karademir Smart Software wrote: > By accident i excluded a file or something from my project, now i dont see > my gui anymore,. > i try to include the res files, but in the resource viewer i dont see the > dialofg box nomore. > the appl. still compiles and runs, > > what do i have to do to get the ...

M$ Ending Open Discussion Newsgroups!
Joining the leagues of censorship activists, obviously. - "Microsoft said it plans to end support for more than 4,000 old-style newsgroups starting next month, pushing users instead to discussion forums such as those found on the Microsoft Answers, TechNet and MSDN sites. Although venerable, Microsoft said that so-called NNTP newsgroups have past their time in terms of being usable and secure." More at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20004109-56.htm cf. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx Dhu Pin Yoo wrote: > Joining the l...