Forms completion

Here is a question for you, we have a pretty simple database to gather
comments and suggestions from users for improvement on things around our
office, It is a form entry, a suggestion that was given is when users want to
enter multiple suggestions they are having to re-enter the header section of
the form (Basics of name and contact information) repeatedly, is there a code
or work around where that will replicate for the user if they click the add
new record after they enter the first entry?

Are you storing this information in every row of the table?
The way it should work is, when the user first logs on it gathers their
identification data and saves it in a users table. Then it goes to the
suggestion form and collects suggestions. Only the id of the user should be
stored with the suggestions not the whole data.

-Dorian

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:59:09 -0800, Rhonda <Rhonda@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Here is a question for you, we have a pretty simple database to gather
>comments and suggestions from users for improvement on things around our
>office, It is a form entry, a suggestion that was given is when users want to
>enter multiple suggestions they are having to re-enter the header section of
>the form (Basics of name and contact information) repeatedly, is there a code
>or work around where that will replicate for the user if they click the add
>new record after they enter the first entry?

It sounds like you need two tables in a one to many relationship - a header
table, related one to many to a suggestions table. You could use a Form based
on the former with a Subform based on the latter, linked by the unique ID of
the header table.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

after crash forms display #NAME?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

How to get Table Description Field Text to show on Forms? Hovering? Right-Click?
Can I get the fioeld description I enter in the Table Design View to show on Forms or Queries? When the mouse hovers over the field or field name?? When the user right clicks on the field or field name?? At the bottom of the screen when the mouse hovers? How? Thanks for any help. Mel Ken, I've done some programming but not much in Access. How do I (where do I click) to add a function to the "standard module" ??? And, am I correct in understanding that the first function would be called each time the db opened? And the 2nd function would be called each time the form op...

undefined variable in form
Hi, when opening the form 'product' to create a new product, the script error appears in IE: Line: 137 Char:9 Error:'quantitydecimal' is undefined Code:0 URL:http://<pc>.<domain>.de/Products/Product/edit.aspx The values in the field 'supported dezimals' are stored correctly in Database after saving the new product. How can I solve this problem ? Thanks Sounds like someone made a change to the form and removed the Quantity field. Put it back on the page and this should go away. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------------------------------------...

HOW TO GET DATA FORM FORMS FIELDS
Hi! How can i get a hold of all the fields in Access form...basicly all the controls. I'm developing in Visaul Basic .Net framework 2.0. So far i only know how to find the right form (appAccess.CurrentProject.AllForms(x)) but i cant get information from its fields. -- .... but the beer is still good! On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:09:04 -0700, Antinsh <Antinsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >How can i get a hold of all the fields in Access form...basicly all the >controls. I'm developing in Visaul Basic .Net framework 2.0. >So far i only know how to find...

Outlook Read Email Does Not Run The Form
Hello - I have a custom Email form I have designed with a button on it. However, I notice that when I double click on a form in my inbox the custom form is loaded so that that I can read the Email on the custom form. But, the button won't work unless I then click Form, Run this form. Isn't there a way that I can make the button work automatically when the user reads their Email so that they can just click the button rather than click Tools, Run this form and then click the button. I'm guessing that maybe Microsoft did this so that scripts won't run but I'm wonderi...

Dataset.WriteXml does NOT produce well formed XML
For example: =========================== Dim filename As String filename = Server.MapPath("./") & "xml/dataSet.xml" Dim myFileStream As New System.IO.FileStream(filename, IO.FileMode.Create) Dim myXmlWriter As New System.Xml.XmlTextWriter (myFileStream, System.Text.Encoding.Unicode) objDataSet.WriteXml(myXmlWriter) myXmlWriter.Close() ============================ Thus, if there is data in the dataset with a string such as: "Where are my < & > ESCAPE sequences?" The resulting XML will look like: <foo>Where are my < & > ESCAP...

Making a list of all persons in a table in a corresponding form.
Hi all, In a database of mine I have a table containing persons' name, address and so on. In the corresponding form I have of course all the fields where the users put in the data. In this form I want to have a list showing all the persons in the table as well, so that the users can click the right person in the list and have his or her data filled into the fields. I have tried to make a table form from the same table and include it as a subform. This, however, was not successful because the subform only showed the person in focus in the form, not all the persons in the table. Also...

Turn on address auto complete?
I have been trying to turn on the autocomplete feature in outlook. if you type the first letter of an address you have typed before it will complete it for you, similar to what IE6 does for URL. Does anybody know where to turn it on? Thanks, Peter What version of Outlook? Outlook doesn't do auto-complete. It has a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you can right click on the ...

How Best to Disable <ESC> Key on Form
My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access. In my office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users at any given time. 1. This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users. 2. It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally while they are entering data into this database. + The users are using this database and another commercial database (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC> key than in Access) toggling back and fort...

Change color of forms caption bar
Is there a way to change the color of a forms caption bar without chaning the overall look of Windows? I have a form that I am creating for use on a classified system. I toyed with changing the background color of the entire form to red, but this is just too obnoxious. But I would like to change the background color of the forms caption bar if possible. As a work-around, I am adding a narrow rectangle to the top and bottoms of my form, and setting its color to red. -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. AFAIK, Access gets it caption bar colour from Windows, s...

Outlook won't close completely
When I close outlook, it doesn't close completely. Then, when I try to reopen Outlook it won't open. If I look in Task Manager, it will show multiple copies of Outlook open. Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Cover Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire...

Open form with arguments
In main form: Private Sub btnOpen_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal, , , acFormAdd, acWindowNormal, "Alan" End Sub In second form: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim empName As String empName = Forms!frmEmployee.OpenArgs <-- runt time error If Len(empName ) > 0 Then MsgBox empName Else MsgBox "null" End If End Sub The runtime error was: Invalid use of NULL "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:u8mI8acnHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > empName = Forms!frmE...

MS Access & Citrix
Hi, all. We have a home-grown Access application that approximately 50 users use to access different, but related, databases on different Linux servers across the US. We are trying to combine all these different databases into one database that everyone can access through a Citrix server. In the initial (very) testing phase, we have found some strange problems with our Access app that may be related to the programming within the application or may be related to the Citrix side of things (although when we try to do an analagous task going just through Access itself we don't have the same...

Setting a parent form value based on a subform entry
Hi all, I have a parent/child form setup, where selecting a value from a bound combobox within the subform datasheet should override another bound combobox in the parent. All of the AfterUpdate code worked fine in an Access 2003 MDB format, but when I try the same thing in an Access 2003 ADP project, I get the Jet error 7787 and the changes get flushed when the record gets refreshed. The parent form field isn't 100% dependent on the selection in the subform - it just forces the overwrite to begin with, and then the user is free to change it afterwards. Is there no way...

Dbl Click to open another form to a specific record
I would like to be able to double click on the field "ServiceCenter" in a form called "Service_Call_Tracking" and open another form called "Service_Centers" and have it display the record whose field "ServiceCenter" matches the "ServiceCenter" field in the "Service_Call_Tracking" database. Further Information: The form Service_Call_Tracking has a drop down list field called "ServiceCenters" that displays all the Service Centers Names listed in our "Service_Centers" Form. I am a novice so please help me understan...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Form Load problem
The problem is that I create my invoice/record from frmMain my main page but to update my Invoice I have to do it from frmModifyClientinvoice, Is there a way to code ot so if the first part fails it will move to the 2nd part? recInvoice.Open "SELECT * FROM tblInvoice where InvoiceID=" & Forms!frmMain!subfrmModifyInvoiceClient.Form!lstModify.value _ , CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic subShowInvoiceValues subShowInvoiceDetailValues recInvoice.Open "SELECT * FROM tblInvoice where InvoiceID=" &...

Mailbox move reporting less "items" after move completed
Moving users from source Ex2k to target Ex2k3 server both patched to latest SP's and public hotfixes. When I move users from source to target, the reported "Total Items" (as viewed by ESM and viewing the "Mailboxes" for the Store) is different on the target. For some users the "Total Items" is the same, others the difference is a few items, and still others it's in the 100's. How can I find out what was not moved? If you selected Skip corrupted items in Migration Wizard and entered the number of items to skip, than maybe that number is the max d...

Not enough memory available to complete the operation
Recently installed FP2003 on my new Windows7 OS. FP worked fine until today. I received this message. "An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory available, and then try to again." There are no other programs open and cannot save any new pages. Please assist I have the same problem and also, I can't insert pictures. When trying to insert pictures, the insert window appears for 2 seconds and desappears immediately. Had you any solution to this mess? "Nfrance5" wrote: &...

text box if statement does not work when displayed in main form
I have a subform (fExtraHrsDetails)with the below code. If the field (Stage) is "Active" the text box (ProjIDCL) is displayed else the text box(ProjID) is displayed Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.Stage = "Active" Then ProjIDCL.Visible = True ProjID.Visible = False Else ProjIDCL.Visible = False ProjID.Visible = True End If End Sub This works great in the subform, however, when I display the main form, the sub form does not display the correct text box. What am I doing wrong? Why does it work in the subform and when I display the main form is is not working??? -- de...

Resort Order in a Form
What is the best way of reordering records in a form? This would be across multiple columns in the table vs a single column on the form that I could hit the Sort Descending/Ascending button on the main menu. One way is to put sort selection check boxes in the header of your form and have it refresh/requery when a selection is changed. In the query have criteria for the sort selection and your sort field. Create a query for each different sort. Put these in a union query as your source. Only the one that matches your sort criteria selection will output records. -- KARL DEWEY Build a...

Need a registration Form.
OK here's the issue. I have a database with a table called pilot_num and another called password. I have a login page and a roster for this but just cant seem to be able to create a Register form. Can anyone help? I run apache and a MYSql Database Many Thanks JackD This newsgroup is devoted to the desktop application called ms-access. Are you using ms-access as a data entry tool here? It not clear from your post if you looking for a data entry tool, or if fact you using ms-access as your front end to your mentioned database server. Ms-access does work with just about any databas...

Problem creating data entry form
I've solved what I thought were tougher problems that this, but the seeming simplicity of the concept here has me stumped. Here's the problem: I've created a little database for my spouse, a school teacher. In this database are simple tools for keeping track of student info and their parents or guardians. There's a table for keeping track of the various tests & assignments and their respective values and weightings. I now need to create a form by which the test scores can be entered. Firstly, each student is identified by a unique StudentID autonumber in the StudentI...

Change the colour in text in a sub form
Hi I want to change the colour of text in a sub form so that records where the data is over due will be red and where the data due this week is in orange and all the rest is black. there are five fields in each record and all want the colour changing so each record has the correct colour. So where would I put the code and can some one help with the code please. I think I would be using an if statement I have the code which will select over due components "<Date()-Weekday(Date(),0)+7 " and 2 fields names are orderNo Job Thanks Jon For continuous forms or datasheet for...