Forms 12-19-07

Can somebody help me on this please,am a beginner to programming.

I have two multiselect listbox for filtering report and printing it.After
printing it i want to flag the record in table and when the form is loaded
again it shouldnot show the flagged records.

I could do upto printing but i donot know how to update table and filter form
again.

0
Suresh62

After printing you need to run an update query to update your table to set
the flag.
When the form is initially loaded, you will have to run an update query to
reset all the flags. What is the purpose of maintaining these flags?

-Dorian

"Suresh62" wrote:

> Can somebody help me on this please,am a beginner to programming.
>
> I have two multiselect listbox for filtering report and printing it.After
> printing it i want to flag the record in table and when the form is loaded
> again it shouldnot show the flagged records.
>
> I could do upto printing but i donot know how to update table and filter form
> again.

IF statements #19
Hello, Need some help in using the IF statement. I have two columns A & B A has 4 types of words: RoHS RoHS5 RoHS6 No Column B has: Yes No I need the following output in three separate columns: X, Y, Z I want to check if A1 = RoHS and B1 =yes....X1= compliant If A1=RoHS and B1=no...X1=compliant and Y1= does not meet or If A1=RoHS6 and B1 = no...... X1=compliant and Y1= does not meet If A1=RoHS6 and If B1= yes, X1=compliant and Y1=check If A1=RoHS5 ....X1=exempt, Z2=7b (column B does not matter in this case) If A1=No....X1=non compliant Can anybody help me if it makes sense. thank...

custom contact forms in outlook 2003
I need to create a contact form with fields for at least four separate viable hyperlinks. If I use multiple "web site" fields, they replicate one another; if I use multiple "notes" fields the OS produces a warning message for each field every time you open the contact. Does anyone have a solution for this, please? See my response to your other post on this issue. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Powe...

Access 07 Crashing still after SP1
Hello, I asked this earlier this year to no avail. We have three different programs (were 03 and worked fine) that we still can not right click in all datasheets that are in a subform, if you right click on a field in a column that doesn't have focus or control, Access shutsdown/ crashes. If you left click first on any field, then right click on that data field, no problem. We have done this on ten different PCs running XP SP3 and Vista. Has anyone else encountered this? Things we have tried: 1. Convert to 07. 2. Run as 03 in 07. 3. Built new 07 and imported all forms, tables, macro...

Small Business Manager 07-11-03
Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM at all? Ryan What do you mean by Integrate? If you want to know if you ca nrun CRM on a SBS network, then the answer is yes. Matt "Ryan Finnesey" <ryan.finnesey@dsgius.com> wrote in message news:eLZHOJ1RDHA.1920@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM at all? Ryan Yes it does. Contact Erich at MAS for more info "Ryan Finnesey" <ryan.finnesey@dsgius.com> wrote in message news:eLZHOJ1RDHA.1920@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM...

How to find Display Names that differ from form field labels
Given the fact that CRM can be customized to use a field label on the form that is different from the Display Name of the attribute, I would suggest that users be given some kind of tool to identify the Display Name and/or Schema Name when they are on the form. There are a few good reasons to have the field label differ from the display name, but users may be confused when they can't find that on the list of fields in the Advanced Find. In addition, some power users (who don't have admin rights) may create SRS reports, and therefore need the Schema Name. ---------------- This...

HTML email forms reformat to plain text
I use Outlook 2000 in IMO mode. I am attempting to save email messages as forms using the Forms/Publish Form As process...publishing the forms to the Personal Forms Library. The email message forms are composed and published in HTML format. But, when I open them they are converted to Plain Text. Any thoughts/solutions?!? Thanks. ...

Form for user to fill out
I have created a form in Publisher 2007. I would like to publish it in a format (pdf, xps, html etc.) that a user with out Publisher can open and enter information into some of the form "fields". Currently, these "fields" are just empty cell of a table. I do not expect the user to be able to save any data...just to be able to enter information into these fields and print out the form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Keith Ideally you would need to PDF it, a much neater solution if you have the full Adobe suite is to create a form with that and ...

Checkbox control and forms
I have a database with a few different tables but each table is pretty much the same. The tables have a set of tasks in the cells in Column A (a daily routine to be completed). All other columns in cell 1 have a number 1-31 for each day of the month. I'm trying to create a windows application (I'm using Visual Studio) that as soon as it comes up asks for the users initials, then goes to the main form with a list of tasks that comes from one of the tables (I guess I'll connect using datagrid view for the rows?), beside each task there will be a check box and when the user ...

Data Matching 01-19-10
Hello, I have a question. I have two sets of data, one of which is contained in the other. The problem is, the big set has additional data that I want to isolate for the shorter data set. For example: a 123 123 b 234 789 c 345 234 a 456 890 b 567 c 678 a 789 b 890 where column A is the additional data, column B is the large set, and C is the small set. I want to pull out the instances where the data in a single cell in column C matches any single cell in column B. My result is: 123 a 789 a 234 b 890 ...

Macro Help #19
I'm sure this will be a Macro: I have several sheets with a workbook that contain part numbers. If a part number = X, then place an employee number in the next column directly beside the part number column. NOTE: Part numbers vary from column to column throughout the work book. Thanks for your help!! Have a look in VBA help index for FINDNEXT. There is a good example you can modify. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "DNA" <dnoel@fsgbank.com> wrote in message news:54a55c91224f8f183cb297aa2bef0723@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > I'm sure...

07 ribbon XML
Hi everybody, I use XML for customizing office 07 ribbon, for supertip text I use ( &#13 ) for forcing a line break in supertip as RibbonX books suggest , but I get un error. Any suggestions what i'm doing wrong or any other method I can use to force linebreak in a supertip? -- Best regards, Edward In article <0B94A13A-6513-4B71-9EB7-8043BF875808@microsoft.com>, Edward wrote: > Hi everybody, > I use XML for customizing office 07 ribbon, for supertip text I use ( &#13 ) > for forcing a line break in supertip as RibbonX books suggest , but I get un ...

Continuous Forms Question
Hello all....this should be simple, but I must be missing something... I have a continuous form that has a Yes/No check box in each line. I also have a "Delete Record" button on each line. What I need to do is to have the On Current (I assume) set up so that if the Yes/No checkbox is checked, to disable or lock the Delete Record button. I'm using an If...Then do lock other fields to prevent editing, but can seem to get it right for the button. I've used DeleteRecord.Visible and DeleteRecord.Enabled, but they still are enable either way. What am I missing? Thanks ...

How to prevent form from closing
Hello everybody, I use a modal popup form to enter data in a db on which there a 2 buttons "save and close" and "cancel". I'd like to prevent the from from closing through the "X" button on the top left corner with unwanted/incomplete data. Do do that I trap the use of these buttons in before update event so in the else case I put a warning msgbox (vbOKonly) and cancel = true to prevent any other event. So far so good. After this event an extra message of Access advises me that the record can't be saved and if I want to close anyway the form...

Should I base my report on a form or a query?
I've created a database for a project at work that will track production and piece work. I've started with two tables: Employee Data and Weekly Data. These two tables contain the information that supplies my Form (also called Weekly Data) with the data it needs to pull from. This form allows supervisors to enter in daily production data for each employee. They enter in the employee's clock number and it automatically generates the employee's name (which is pulled from the Employee Data table.) The code I used in the employee's name text box is: = [Clock Number].Colum...

Populate Form from Combo Box
Hey guys - I have a relatively straight-forward question that hopefully has a simply answer: I have a form based on a table (Call it Table A). Table A has alot of fields (About 60). 3 of those fields are primary key fields: ProductCombo, ChannelCombo, and IndustryCombo. I'm looking to design the form so that there are three combo boxes for the three primary keys that I have, and after I choose a value out of the 3rd combo box, the rest of the fields will populate in the remaining 57 textboxes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I've seen examples on having a for...

BalloonTrayIcon and Form Hiding: Avoid Flickering
What do you see in the (main) form properties to implement a NotifyICON so that the form does not "Flicker" on startup? I can make it hide, but there is a flicker. Calling Hide() or setting visible in Form1_Load() doesn't work. So I have it in Form1_Shown(). Do I have to edit the auto-generated form1.designer.cs class to set the default visible flag to false? The property editor does not have a Visible property. All I see is a ShowInTrayBar and I turned that off too. Basically I have this: private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) ...

Form Filtering Help
I have a report that is fine and set up the way I want it. Now I need to create a form to filter or select records in my report. I am struggling to write that code. What I would like to do is have a list (is it better to use a listbox or combo?) on my report that users can scroll down and select their school district. Then click on the chosen district and the report opens and goes to that district. There are about 250 districts to choose from. The districts are in a separate query with just districts listed. So, it would be like having a search function on a report. The primary key on a...

Is a form open?
Is there a simple way of checking to see of a certain frmName is loaded/open? When I open a required settings form within a main form (when a required setting field is empty), my settings form ends up behind the main form. I'd like to bring the settings form to front & set control focus. Tried this, but doesn't bring the form to front: Private Sub Form_Current() If CurrentProject.AllForms("frmComPort").IsLoaded = True Then Forms!frmComPort!Combo3.SetFocus End If End Sub --- Stewart wrote: > Is there a simple way of checking to see of a certain frmName is > l...

Customized Entities for Forms and Views
Dear MS, Is there anyway I can customize the view and have that same view availabe for entire accounts, contacts, leads, etc? i.e. when I create a view in Lead, can I have that same view available for entire lead views such as "My Open Leads", "My Closed Leads", "All Open Leads", "All Closed Leads", "Advance Find Leads", etc? It's too much hustle to create a view for one section and having to go through each section to create a same view for each one. Thanks, Joyce Hi Joyce, Actually you can! Here are some steps: 1. After you mod...

Passing avalue from one form to another
I have a form (ItemBrowse_frm) that provides me a list of active Item numbers. When I click the Item number I want to pass the Item number to my other form (SingleBill_frm) and requery the form based on that part number. I am using the following OnClick Forms![SingleBill_frm]![ParentItembx].Value = Forms!ItemBrowse_frm.[ItemNumber] Forms![SingleBill_frm].Requery Somehow the SingleBill_frm does not requery and the field that I am passing the value to does not show the value passed until I highlight the field. Is there a better way to do this or what am I doing wrong? Thank you! ...

Programmatically update forms in design view
Hi, I have a problem with updating a label on multiple forms. The scenario is that on each form I have a non-visible label that has a number for its caption value. Each form has a different number. This label named "fmno" supplies error logging as well as a user rights functions. The problem is that when I import forms into a new application I wish to update the fmno.caption value programmatically by creating a recordset and opening, updating, and closing each form in the recordset. I can't open the forms in a Normal view as the fmno.caption value is incorrect and prevents ...

Closing and re-opening forms on exit
Is there any method that when i exit a field on a form, that i canon the exit button tell the form to close and automatically reopen again. I use an "Udate" command in the form, and i need to write the date before i go to the start of the form again -- Many Thanks Kevin On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:02:00 -0700, Kevin wrote: > Is there any method that when i exit a field on a form, that i canon the exit > button tell the form to close and automatically reopen again. > I use an "Udate" command in the form, and i need to write the date before i > go to the start o...

ADDING values from one listbox to another on same form
I want to be clear, because I know that BASING one listbox on another is a common question, but this is NOT basing one on the other; What I would like to do is ADD values from one to the other. Let's say I have 2 listboxes, one on the left, one on the right. The left one will have a source of a table. When the user double clicks one value in this litbox (or highlights it and clicks a button), I would like that value to appear in the right listbox. If the user doubleclicks another value in the left listbox, I'd like that value to be ADDED (or perhaps a better word wo...

Pivot table #19
This is my table name price1 price2 d 11 5 d 11 5 e 13 4 This is Pivot Table I get name Data Total d Sum of price1 22 Sum of price2 10 e Sum of price1 13 Sum of price2 4 Total Sum of price1 35 Total Sum of price2 14 What should I do to represent it this way name Sum of price1 Sum of price2 d 22 10 e 13 4 Total Sum 35 14 Thanks Jim. Drag the Data button onto the cell that contains the word 'Total' There's a picture here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html JIM.H. wrote: > This is my table > name price1 price2 > d 11 5 > d 11 5 > e 13 4 >...

Opening another form from a popup form.
I have a situation where I have a popup form that is opened and I want to be able to have the user open another form from the popup. I need to use a popup because I need execution to stop in the subroutine that opens the popup until it is closed and then pick up again after the popup closes. the popup opens the form, but it ends up behind the popup and can't be accessed. The popup has to stay open until the form it opens is closed. Is there a way to get this to work, or is it just the nature of popups that they can't open other forms like this? Any help is appreciated. -- J...