format headings in datsheet view for subform

Greetings again,

For a subform in datasheet view, is there a way to format the column headings
of the form? I have a control named txtName,so of course the subform dispays
the column header as txtName. Is there a way to change this without renaming
the control? Also, can the justification be changed. Cannot find any way in
property sheet. Is there a way in VB for the control? I already have code on
the control for a filter. Can it be added on to that?

Best,
Scott

Scott_Brasted

Plese disregard as I have just read a lot of previous posts , all that
indicate datashhet is very inflexible.
Thanks,
Scott

Scott_Brasted wrote:
>Greetings again,
>
>For a subform in datasheet view, is there a way to format the column headings
>of the form? I have a control named txtName,so of course the subform dispays
>the column header as txtName. Is there a way to change this without renaming
>the control? Also, can the justification be changed. Cannot find any way in
>property sheet. Is there a way in VB for the control? I already have code on
>the control for a filter. Can it be added on to that?
>
>Best,
>Scott

Scott_Brasted
11/26/2009 12:05:17 AM
They are the least flexible form views but this can be done with a little
grunt work.

Your form has to be based on a query, if it isn't already.

The query has to include all of the requisite fields.

You need to create calculated fields for all fields whose names you want to
change in the datasheet header.

To change the header for txtName to just plain Name,

in a new field in the Query Grid, enter tis

Name: [txtName]

Notice the colon between Name and [txtName]

Now, in your Datasheet, use the calculated field Name insteasd of txtName.

Scott_Brasted wrote:
>Plese disregard as I have just read a lot of previous posts , all that
>indicate datashhet is very inflexible.
>Thanks,
>Scott
>
>>Greetings again,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>Best,
>>Scott

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Column Headings #11
Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet w/out affecting the upper column sizes... Coolumn width belongs to the entire column and cannot be altered in separate sections of that column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:51:01 -0800, spencer4hire <spencer4hire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? >I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet >w/ou...

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I searched some more, found that the problem is caused when the Temporary Internet files cache is too big. Deleted the cache and the problem is solved. Changed the settings to a more reasonable 100 MB and it shouldn't happen again Steven =================================== I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank ...

1 Chart

Report Format

Conferting File format
One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than opening each file and saving in the new format? Thank you. vsp deborah <vspdeborah@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person > that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way > to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than > opening each f...

Too many different cell formats #6

date/time formatting

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

format cell #4

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter
Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? To Whom It May Concern: Enclosed please find an education. Sincerely, eb -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "eb" <eb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CEF7B84-6F7A-4D07-97B3-F349F3B11E54@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message news:O3aNFsq2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.g...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format
Hello, This is the error I get on Windows 7. I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing the target cpu to x64. This did not work. Do I have to build the program on Windows 7? I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7. Thanks for any help. Scott On May 22, 2:17=A0am, "Scott Baxter" <sc...@websearchstore.com> wrote: > Hello, > > This is the error I get on Windows 7. > > I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing t= he > target cpu to x64....

Viewing shared 2003 outlook calendar in 2007 Outlook
Shared calendars with colleagues who have 2003. I can see the calendar but not the info in the calendar. Nothing is provate marked from their side and is able to be seen by other 2003 users. is there a quick fix? ...

Excel Number Format Codes
I can't figure out how to format numbers so that when you type 3220 it will look like 32.20 kinda like how you can enter numbers on an adding machine. I would greatly appreciate this number format code. Thank you. -- 1:~ Hi, I think you want to go Tools | Options | Edit | Fixed Decimals - 2. That will divide all the numbers you enter by 100. You will also have to format the row or column to display 2 decimals. Select the cells or range, right mouse click, format cells, numbers, 2 decimals. Hope that helps. Best regards, Kevin "MBB" <MBB@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

Input mask & Format question
Greetings I use the input mask \(999") "999\-9999 in the Phone field of my table. I wanted the brackets, space and dash stored in the table because the data is imported into other applications. 1234567890 is stored as (123) 456-7890. On one of my forms there is a combobox with fields CustID, CustName, Phone. My problem is how to format the phone number in the cbo. It shows up as 1234567890. Thanks in advance Becky Hi - Set the input mask to \(999") "999\-9999:0 (adding semicolon - zero). This forces the literals to be stored along with the other characters...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...