form will not save the record

I have a database (Security) with one subform (Visitors). It also has a form
(Vehicle Registration) linked to the main Security form.

Recently, the linked Vehicle Registration form does not want to save the
record. All of the "allows" are set to yes. Data Entry is set to no.

I added UCase to several of the fields.

What am I missing?

Uschi

Form size properties seem to have no effect.
I'm trying to make my project look a little more professional. I'm trying to experiment around with some of the form properties like auto center, auto resize, and fit to screen. I'm trying to figure out whether it will look better to have the forms always fill the screen or always remain one size, etc. For some reason none of these settings seem to have any effect on my form. My form always resizes itself to fit the screen no matter what the settings. What am I doing wrong? "cr113" <cr113@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5686ebd6-e227-4b09-87fe-dbb6b35...

add context-specific pages to a form based on response
i want to create a form that will add an appropreiate page to the form based on how items in the original are answered. For example, if the user checks "yes", "Additional Form A" is added and if "no" is checked, "Additional Form B" is added. When the user is finished, the original form plus the added form(s) print or get saved together. What is the content of the additional pages? If they contain more form fields, then you cannot simply insert pages with includetext fields (the most logical approach) or the fields in them will not work - h...

find formula that will look up a value in a specific column and .
I am looking for a formula that will find a certain text value (open) in a column (J) and pull that row (or row #) to a new sheet. Does anyone know if there is a way to do that? Ksgirl Providing the data starts in J1 the formula below will return the row number. Bear in mind that a formula can only return a value, not move data. You may also be looking for a VLOOKUP, it was just the way your question was phrased that made me return a row number =MATCH("Open",Sheet1!J:J,0) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS ...

Form won' tab through properly
Hi I need to create an electronic form and have been tearing my hair out about certain sections of it! I’m on Word 2007 and have been using the ‘legacy’ controls in Developer to set it up. I wanted to use the content controls as well, esp the calendar feature, but once it’s all protected and complete it won’t tab through nicely as stops on the last content control and I have to click with my mouse to carry it on. Do legacy controls and content controls not work together? Is there any way I can set the form up so it will tab straight through without stopping? -- Thank yo...

Printing Custom Forms #3
How do you print a Custom Contact Form? When I click Print it prints field list and values, some (not all) custom fields and some (not all) standard outlook fields. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thanks. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customprint.htm for various solutions to the limitation that Outlook forms don't support WYSIWYG printing. The Word template technique is the most flexible and highly recommended. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/...

Global selection of modified forms
Guys: I have a lot of modifed forms in my test GP version 10 install. When I go to Tools-->Setup-->System-->Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports and choose Windows, I notice that for each modified window the system has the original window selected and not the modifed one. I would like each of the modifed windows selected and I was wndering if it could be done with a script. If the answer is yes, which table(s) do I need to update. Thanks. -- Norman Hi Norman The 3 tables that hold the Modified forms and reports structure are: Sy09200 - MOD form and report group master SY...

Save / restore XMLDOM avoiding serialization
Can anyone provide guidance for saving and restoring an XMLDOM object as a binary blob? In a VB application, I need to repeatedly save and restore a large, dynamic XML document. Currently, the CPU overhead of serialization and de-serialization is KILLING performance. I have done some tests and if I could persist the DOM as a binary blob, I think the performance issues would be resolved. A pair of orthogonal functions that translate between XMLDOM and byte array would be great. Thanks for your assistance. Dave Dave Romig wrote: > Can anyone provide guidance for saving and restoring ...

Adding columns to Look Up Records window #2
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window Look Up Records appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 Rick Johnson contacts in my database, ...

form's won't open
i have a front half of a database that i use successfully at one pc (where the back-half is located). i've put the front half on other pc's and linked them over the network to the back-half successfully. at another store's location, i repeated this but had some problems. on the main pc, everything is fine but on another pc, the front half doesn't work at all. it's set up to open a launcher form at startup, which works, but all of the buttons on the launcher form don't do anything. either nothing at all happens, a new window opens for a brief second and then closes ...

VS2005 will not install on checked build
Anyone hit this one? There seems to be some problem with the Installer 3.1 when run on Windows XP SP2 Checked Build. All attempts to install VS2005 on the Checked Build fail. What is odd is that they fail at different times in different ways. Unfortunately, the client has not reported any deeper detail to me, so I can't give any more information. joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Joe - I haven't hit this, but an option might be to boot into the free OS, install and then boot in...

Outlook will not find default email folders
I suffered a corrupted file and I continue to get the following message when I launch Outlook "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service gwmsp1.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." I am at a loss as how to correct this since reloading the complete software does not solve the problem. Any suggestions? Try a new mail profile. Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->New. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

How do you automatically record a revision date
Hi, Whenever a worksheet is revised I need to automatically record a new revision date. The next time the worksheet is edited a new date automatically replaces the old date. Thanks for the help, jerry And that's a bad thing?? I don't get the picture. Ideally what you want is a column of revision dates?? It seems that what you want to do is to show the most recent revision date if it's recorded in only one place. What good is an old revision date. As you can see I just don't understand. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Whenever a worksheet is revised I need to a...

Question about User Form Window Size on Chip Petersons Site
I have a User Form that I need to adjust to fit the users computer. So far I not found anyway to get the User Form Window to Adjust. I can adjust the User Form sixe, but the Main Window the Form located is in is still bigger than the Screen. I saw on Chip Petersons site exactly what I need. His code allows complete control over the User Form just as if it was a regular window. Can anyone help me with this code? http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/formcontrol.aspx There are various ways, this is probably the easiest although it may hide the task bar Private Declare Function Se...

now do not print some filds in a printed form?
I don’t wan to include certain fields (their values are EQL to zero) in a printed version of my form. How can I set up this condition? Maryna, Set the Display When property of those controls to Screen Only ( format menu on property dialog). You may have already know the following - forms are not intended to be printed, for good looks and ease of printing, use a report instead. Jeanette Cunningham "Maryna" <Maryna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE684E30-D12F-4ECE-B591-6D5B189A1E7E@microsoft.com... >I don't wan to include certain fields (their valu...

Select Records for Subtotals Based on a Given Condition
I have a LONG list of jobs that are sort alphabetically by customer name in one worksheet. I would like to create another worksheet that can go through the first worksheet ('KEN_S_QUERY') and select the rows where in a certain column there is a certain customer, and total up the dollar amount in the column next to the customer name. I am very familiar with access, which makes it harder to word my question here. I would use access, but I need the graphing a charting functions of excel in this case. Is there a way (perhaps through SQL? please dear god, SQL.) to select certain ...

Is it possible to save an Excel file to 2 locations?
I would like to save the file on my HD and also to my Pocket PC folder for synching. Do-able? Here is one I use to save to a backup folder in the same folder. Modify to suit. Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button On Error GoTo BackupFile MkDir CurDir & "\Backup" BackupFile: With ActiveWorkbook MyWB = .Path & "\BACKUP\" & .Name .SaveCopyAs MyWB .Save End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Chris_7_1" <Chris_7_1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03DFBCE...

multiple duplication of records
Could anyone assist me with the following:- I have been using the quick reference search tool that can be found at www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=120366 <http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=120366> (cool search tool.zip) Using only one table with no problems however I am now trying to use it in a relationship configuration Two tables linked back to the main table via one too many links. What is now happening is that multiple duplication of records are being displayed. An example If you have one table with two records the listbo...

Recording a new loan in my checkbook ledger
This is a very simple question. I've got Microsoft Money Plus for 2008. I have gotten a new loan and it was deposited into my checking account. The loan is from the same bank as my checking account. How do I record that in MS Money? Do I just put in my bank's name, or what? I know this question is very simplistic, but what I'm concerned about is not confusing myself, at least, with what I see in MS Money when I review the ledger there. Rod It's not clear what part of this activity you want to record in your checkbook ledger. The receipt/deposit of the loan proce...

Sequential numbering of records
Having read the various postings on the subject i am more confused than ever. what I want to do is to create a field that will contain sequential numbers starting with an initial number of say 20000 and incrementing by 1 such that record 1 is 20000, record 2 is 20001, record 3 is 20003 etc as each record is entered using an input form. Something similar perhaps to the series fill in Excel or a customisable autonumber field. my question is what is the simplest way of doing this for what would seem to be a fairly common problem in the Form_Current Sub Me.CustomNumberField.DefaultValue =...

how to export data FROM excel into a form as in Omniform?
How to export data FROM microsoft excel 2003 TO a orm scanned in Omniform? Desperately need help in doing this? Thanks. Hi how do you want to insert Excel data in a graphic / scanned image?? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Momeo" <Momeo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:206CA79A-C411-4AA8-8CAC-9A8FEFC95ABF@microsoft.com... > How to export data FROM microsoft excel 2003 TO a orm scanned in Omniform? > Desperately need help in doing this? > > Thanks. > I want to insert 3 fields from Excel into a form I have scanned using Omni...

Add Record with Refresh
I have a form that is linked to a parameter query. It works great to add one record. When the user opens the form is asks for the ID and then the data is enter, the query links two tables (one to many relationship). However, the issue is that if they need to enter information for another ID, the form does not ask the paramater information when they hit new record. So they have to close the form and open the form to enter the new parameter information. How do I set it up for the form to ask for the paramaters each time a new record is added? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

Users request eliminating 0 in field default on form and IsError returns #Num
I have 2 irritating issues, and I'm hoping someone can help. I haven't found a solution in Help or searching posts. 1. Field displays #Num or #Div/0 on new record. Calcs correctly after data is entered. The controlsource of the field is below. I thought the IsError would eliminate the #num or #div/0?? =IIf(IsError(([txtTotRetail]-[txtTotCost])/[txtTotRetail])*100,"", (([txtTotRetail]-[txtTotCost])/[txtTotRetail])*100) 2. The users end up typing 600 when they mean to type 60. Is there any way to get rid of that default 0? I have 2 fields on this form that are impacted:...

Form, instead of Report, Prints ???
Version: Access 2007 I have a report that has a 'Default View' of 'Print Preview'. The 'Allow Report View' and 'Allow Layout View' properties are set to 'No'. When preview the report, if I click the 'Print' icon on the 'Print Preview' ribbon, the form 'frm_Main_Menu' prints, like a screen print? The report does NOT print ??? (In an attempt to stop this, in the reports "On Open" event, I close the form "frm_Main_Menu" ... to no avail.) However, if I right-click on the report, and click the &#...

willing to pay for help!!!
The following report is one someone sent me slightly modified which i need to modify further. it is an on hand/sales report. what i would like to be able to do with it is include the following information to run in headquarters: Store ID; to allow seeing all store location's oh/sales on order; to see what is on order for the specific items, preferably with the ability to specify dates. (ie, what may be coming in for a group of items in the next 30 days) in transit; so i can see what the stores have coming to them from another location to avoid ordering excess inv. as i said, i...

How to create a Sub-Category on a outlookk form?
I want to create an outlook form for the Contact Information. Apart from the usual personal contact information like FName, LName, Address..etc. I need to categorize the contact person into "Category" and "Sub-Category" I can see the "Categories" feature in one of the standard template, but how to create a "Sub-Categories" which can be linked to the Main Category...Please help?? ...