form will not save the record

I have a database (Security) with one subform (Visitors). It also has a form
(Vehicle Registration) linked to the main Security form.

Recently, the linked Vehicle Registration form does not want to save the
record. All of the "allows" are set to yes. Data Entry is set to no.

I added UCase to several of the fields.

What am I missing?

Uschi

I need a macro that will search and replace data. TIA --
I have some data I need to manipulate with a macro and have no idea how to start. I run a PC with Windows XP I use Excel 2003 I have text data across a relatively large spread sheet. I need to run a macro that will open up a data entry or dialog box so that I can enter 2 pieces of data, text and a value. I need the macro to search for the text and place the value in the cell immediately to the right of the text. I also need it to place a single text character, X, in the cell immediately to the left of the text. When the X goes in the cell to the left, it will replace a number that is insig...

Outlook xp
I can't figure out how to display a record of use of Microsoft and other computer applications in Outlook. ...

How do I import saved folders from Thunderbird
I want to use Outlook 2007 and I want to bring my saved email folders into Outlook. Is this possible? if so, how do I do that? Thanks Trophyson@aol.com Thunderbird still doesn't have an export function, right? Probably the easiest way to get your messages across is to upload your messages back to the server via IMAP and then download them again in Outlook. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/367 Note: There are some conversion utilities around for Thunderbird, but they usually perform quite badly, require you to go via OE and/or lose your folder st...

All office applications crash when save
Hi, I have a problem with word, powerpoint, and excel files. When I try and save a new file the office application crashes and the error message: (Error message from excel) Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2007-06-05 10:35:47 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Excel Application Version: 11.3.5.070411 Module Name: CoreFoundation Module Version: unknown Module Offset: 0x00007384 Extra app info: Reg=English Loc=0x0409 Thread 0 crashed: # 1 0x901c7384 in _CFStringGetLength + 0x00000034 (CoreFoundation + 0x00007384) # 2 0x901...

Cannot view objects (oval, rectangle) after saving file
I am having a major problem with drawing objects such as an oval, rectangle, line, etc. When I create a new document, I can see the objects as I am drawing them. However, after I save the file, close it, and then re-open it later, the objects are there -- I just cannot see any of them! This is so frustrating! I am using MS Publisher 2002 and have updated to the Office Service Pack 3. Please help! I also forgot to mention that I am able to print the file correctly. The autoshapes show on the page, but they do not show on the screen. The line color does not take whatever color I set it ...

Will groove be a part of MS office 2010?
Will groove be a part of MS office 2010? If not, why? See if you can find info on the Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Edward Yancey" <EdwardYancey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA1AFDA4-F43A-4C51-82D1-E1E69EE63BAE@microsoft.com... > > Will groove be a part of MS office 2010? If not, why? ...

Recreate VLookup in MS Access 2003 Form Using DLookup.....
PLEASE!!! Don’t reply back and tell me to use DLookup() unless you also provide the coding I need as well. I have been trying for weeks to use DLookup() and cannot code the query properly and I am VERY frustrated. The MS Excel VLOOKUP query I am trying to recreate in MS Access 2003 is as follows: =IF(VLOOKUP(EG2,EH:EI,2,FALSE)=B2,"Good",VLOOKUP(EG2,EH:EI,2,FALSE)) Example "Config No": MTU0301-0010 Example "Concatenated Config No_4" data: 0020000100050001000100010001000200050001000100010003000200030001000200030001000100040004000200010001000...

Help. My DVD drive will not recognize DVDs, but plays CD-Rs fine.
Hi, I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ 34G desktop. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3, with automatic updates turned on. Sony DVD RW DW-U12Aa drive. I have Corel Video Studio DVD burning software installed. Everything was runnig fine in early December (last time i used the DVD drive, I thnk). My DVD drive is not reading DVD discs. The drive plays CDs fine. When I put a DVD in the drive and use file explorer the F:/ comes up, but shows no files. This does show files when a CD is in the Drive. CDs play fine in windows media player, but when I try to play a DVD, windows...

Sub Pop-up Form
I would like to create a sub-form that is also a pop-up form so that the form will float on top of the other screens. The data on this form will be various tools using a checkbox for each that users could select (multiple selection is expected). If I want to be able to run a query to see which records used which tools do I need to add a new field for each tool? Or, can I create a table with all of the tools? Thanks. In the example below you can use frm_detail.SetFocus to put your "popup" form on top. Also, you can hide and display it with frm_detail.Visible = True/Fals...

Formatting multiple forms
I have 16 forms that I would like to be identical in layout, although the content is different in each. I am having to go through and hand-format eash one. Is there a way to do one form and automate the rest? Thanks!!!!! Create a "template form" that has the formatting like you want it for all of them. Then make a copy of the template to start a new form. Now add your record source and controls. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Golfinray" wrote: > I have 16 forms that I would like to be identical in layout, although the > content is different in each....

New Record

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

Save a Public Folder
I currently have two exchange servers on my network. 2000 & 2003. I want to uninstall exchange on the 2000 server. There's just one thing I need to do first. I have, a rather large, public folder on it that contains an archive of incoming and outgoing email messages. I do not want to transfer it to the new server. I just want to save it on a CD in case I ever need to go back to find any messages on it. Is this possible? How? Thanks! Glenn in Outlook, use "Import/Export", and export it to a pst file... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Glenn" <nospam@gma...

Tabbing between a main form and a subform
Normally when dropping a subform into a main for the tab order is automatically set so that when you hit 'Tab' on the last record of the main form it moves the cursor to the first record of the sub form. I have created a main form linked to a subform but no matter what I try the tab simply cycles in the main form. (The subform does not appear in the tab order of the detail section of the main form.) Is there some setting so that I can get it to move to the subform? Thanks -- Aussie On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:06:02 -0800, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

will ribbon work for Office 2010
I just installed office 2010 and would like to use the Ribbon training aid. Is that possible yet? ...

Save as web-page
How do I save a visio diagram as a web page - then when viewing it have the default zoom set to 200% (instead of scalable)? Thanks -tom Hi Tom, You can pass in a parameter if the webpage html is hosted on a web server which will allow you to specify the zoom level. Example for parameter: http://foo/drawing1.htm?page=Page-1&zoom=200 Note: Zoom is only available if your Save as Web output format is the default VML format. If you are not hosting the webpage html on a webserver, or if you don't want to use a parameter on the URL to change the zoom level, you can edit the code i...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Maximize the form on the screen
I would like a form to open up and to take up the hole screen, or to maximize automatically. It is presently opening with the PopUp property set to yes. I put in the on load event these lines : me.setfocus docmd.maximize but it does not do it. I still have to click the maximize button on the form to get it to take up the hole screen. What else should I do ? Thank you for the tip. -- Eric Put this line of code DoCmd.Maximize on the form's activate event. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "ericb" <eric@b...

Record Locking & File Corruption
Hi I asked a similar question a few days ago and I the response wasn't clear to me If ticking the 'Edited Record' in the 'Default Record Locking' will potentially avoid file corruption that currently happens quite often? Thank you, Samuel No. Switching to pessimistic locking is unlikely to reduce the incidence of file corruption. The solution will be to track down what is causing the corruption, and address that issue. Here's a starting point of things to look for: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-25.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Aust...

Will not start.
I am using Office 2004 standard edition. If I restart the computer=20 (Powerbook) and then start Entourage, I get the message "Can not start=20 Office as it is already runnning" and quotes my machine name as the=20 machine that it is running on and gives me all the licencing info. = However if I=20 unplug the network cable it will start fine. Wierd huh? I am sure that = the=20 software has not been installed on any other machines on the network. ...

Macro: Save and update/replace comments in a list
Hey guys My macro makes a list (in sheet "BOARD") of all files in a folder given as variable path. To each file my macro generates an hyperlink / "open-file funktion" as well. This file-list is placed in range A5-A?? (depending of number of files). The macro works well (Hurra!!!) Now I want to write (short) comments to the file-names in column B / respectivly row (you know there are a lots of incomprehensible filenames in the world, and I want to add and save some information of content in my file-list machine). My aim is to save the filenames + comments in ...