Form that collects report parameters

Can someone please direct me to a sample of an Access db using a form that
collects report parameters?  This would be extremely helpful as I am
experiencing Brain Freeze after the holidays.  Thank you in advance.

Hi,
try Rogers Access Library
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/TableOfContents3.asp#R

Look for Choose Report from List - there are 4 sample db's that run reports
from user selections on a form.

Jeanette Cunningham

"TotallyConfused" <TotallyConfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A8F1C70F-25B5-4256-B92C-82FFFBBC9203@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please direct me to a sample of an Access db using a form that
> collects report parameters?  This would be extremely helpful as I am
> experiencing Brain Freeze after the holidays.  Thank you in advance.

0
Jeanette

Query
I have a transaction # for each record in my main form with a subform "Approvals" and "Checkouts". I created a query to show the sum of all Approvals and all Checkouts by Transaction # for each record. (one for Accruals and one for Checkouts). All approvals and checkouts come up in these queries. I want to create a report showing, per Cost Center, the $ amt of Approvals, the $ amt of Checkouts, and a calculated field to show the remaining value. The report comes up with all approvals and checkouts per cost center, however, if there is an approval that does not hav...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

Printing a Year-End Report Again #2
I was closing the Receivables Management for the year and I accidentally closed the Receivables Year-End report without printing it. How could I open this report again? I would like to print and save this report but I am already done closing the year. I am using Dynamics version 7.0. ...

Reporting Services Error 04-27-07
Last night I moved the CRM databases from our CRM Web Server to another SQL server in the same domain in hopes to increase performance. I followed the docs from Article 917948. I want the reporting services to remain on the CRM web server so I also followed the document on "Additional setup tasks when MS Reporting Services is installed on a seperate server from MS CRM or MS SQL Server". I setup the delagations and checked the SPNs. Our current setup is this: server1 CRM app Reporting services Win 2000 server, SQL 2000 Server 2 CRM databases Win 2003 server x64, SQL 2005 x...

Resize Forms in Access 2007
I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how do you use this feature? Thanks, BobV On Aug 9, 8:41 am, "BobV" <rk...@earthlink.net> wrote: > I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or > something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen > resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how > do you use this feature?...

Converting Crystal report from MSCRM 1.2
I have a client who has upgraded to V3.0 for CRM. They want to continue using Crystal for their reporting engine because they have 40 custom reports. Does anyone know how to easily accomplish this? I have created a new connection to the new CRM Views in SQL, but I can't seem to figure out how to easily replace all the fields that are currently in the report using the SSO connection to my new connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Amy many of the services such as rpttosql.com say they will only convert so far. some even say they will only get the general lay...

Form Based Auth.
Hi All, I have checked the option to use form based authentication but I don't get the web page login - still the pop up login box. I have restarted IIS. This is all internal at the moment till i get the forms working. Any ideas. Regards Joe. Do you have "require SSL" checked on the Exchange (and Public) virtual directories in IIS? Have you tried going to the https:// site manually? Forms-based auth only works with SSL. If you haven't required SSL and you go to the http page, it will still work just fine and will pop up the login box. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

Check if Form is Open
I need to check to see if a form is open in the Onclose of another form. And if it is to requery it, if not do nothing. I did find a Function on The Access Web web site but I'm not sure how to utilize the function. Function fIsLoaded(ByVal strFormName As String) As Integer 'Returns a 0 if form is not open or a -1 if Open If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, strFormName) <> 0 Then If Forms(strFormName).CurrentView <> 0 Then fIsLoaded = True End If End If End Function I need to run this in the OnClose of a form to see if frmHome is o...

Multi-field search form
Hi there, I am rather new to this place, so I would like to thank you all up front for any and all assistance you may provide. :) It has been a while since I worked with MS Access last. What I am trying to do is create a multi-field search form, where any of the fields can be filled which will display a result set. Preferably if no selection in the fields is made, the entire resultset should be shown - this is not a requirement, though. I seem to be a bit at a loss on how to procede with this task or to find any resources to help me get along. Again, thanks for any and ...

Hourly Report
Does anyone know how to set up the following report: Hourly sales, by day of week over a period of time. For example, I'd like to know what our sales are by hour on Saturdays from Jan-Mar (i.e. total sales on Saturdays from 10-11AM for the three month period). Hoping this will give us a better idea of whether or not our store hours should be adjusted. It's hard to look at them one day at a time on the Z reports. It would be much easier to analyze over a period of time. -- Kris Hi Kris, I am not sure which Kris you are, but this is Akber Alwani Yes I have done this report ...

Select null values in Crystal Report
I want to select those records in a Crystal Report where the country is not filled. I can select those where it is filled, however I get zero record back when I want to select where it is not filled. I use the following selection formula in the record selection part: Length ({account.address1_country}) < 1 Any idea is appreciated. Thanks, Miklos ...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Help with a formmula change in a "flag" parameter!
The formula I have below in Column R works just fine. It creates a flag for me (in Column R) that lets me know one of two things: “Client Failed to Enroll on Time”, and “Return Referral Form to Referent”. Here is that formula: =IF(H4="","",IF(K4<>"","",IF(S4="Sent","Client Failed to Enroll on Time",IF(AND(K4="",TODAY()>WORKDAY(H4,10,AA4:AA12)),"Return Referral Form to Referent","")))) The one change (addition) that I’d like to make, is this: If Column N is toggled to say “Hudson ...

show pictures in a form
i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a picture i have two question 1) is the hyperlink the best choice to use for the picture 2) how do i make the picture visble on a form thank you for your help sorry i sent this to the wrong newsgroup how every any advice would still be appreciated "William Storey II" <billstorey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:zguub.30991$TL5.30867@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > i am trying to make a database and i have a record that has a hyperlink to a > picture > > i have two question > &g...

POP3 collection from mailboxes on Exchange 2000
Hi We're running SBS 2000 and I want to allow remote users to download their mail from the Exchange server using POP3. As a test, I've telnetted to the host's port 110 but can only obtain mail for the administrator's account and none of the users. The message is simply a security-related message, the exact text of which I can't recall. I have tried it on two Exchange 2000 servers, with the same results. We've also done the same test on an NT server running Exchange 5.5 and that allows us to collect from other users' mailboxes without any difficulty. It just se...

Register report by catagry
Is there a way to print a report similar to quickens register report, with the catagories sorted? Have you looked at Transactions by Category??? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:719a01c40250$7b085780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print a report similar to quickens > register report, with the catagories sorted? ...

Difference between XML templates and Active Reports
Why does RMS use XML templates (for receipts and P.O.s) and for most other reports Active Reports? I realize that the XML receipts can not be changed or resorted on the preview screen, but why use not all active reports? Active reports are based on formating the results of a SQL Query - if you can work out the SQL to get the result set you want, you can create almost any report you want. The XML Templates are based on objects internal to RMS, like the current transaction for reciept printing, the active PO or Transfer request for PO prining, or a given customer for Statements. Y...

Dynamically Setting a forms Input Parameter Property
Hi , I'm working with a ADP project, I have a form where I set the recordset property at design time to a SQLServer stored procedure that has one parameter. If I set the Input Parameter property of the form at design time all is well. However I'd like to be a little more flexible in that I have the calling object that Opens the form using Docmd.Openform pass OpenArgs to the form. On the Form_Open event I set the InputParameter property of form using the value in OpenArgs. The problem is I'm still prompted with the parameter popup..if I press Ok everything continue on and ...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

Counting Null Values in a Report
I have a report that is grouped by people, then by Reason Closed. I want to count how many entries do not have a closed date. I tried the previous posts but could not get it to work. I have a group header for each person to group their categories together. Thanks. Hi Dea, Try: =Sum(-IsNull([ClosedDateFieldName])) Note the minus sign just after the first paranthesis. IsNull() returns a -1 when the item is null, otherwise 0. So by summing up the negative of each (-1)s you are in essence counting 1 for each null item. Alternatively you could move the minus...

Quarter-End Payroll Reports #2
When trying to process quarter end payroll reports I am receiving and unhandle script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Could not find stored procedure 'SCSB.dbo.uprGetPension'. ...

FRx
We have an FRx report containing 12 columns - one for each month. We are using the P<=B Print Control in the column layout to only print those months that are less than or equal to the Base Period. When we generate a report that contains six months or more and export it to an .XLS spreadhsheet it looks fine. However, if the report contains less than six months (fewer columns), we don't get our report heading. Is this due to a setup option somewhere in the catalog id? Have you checked the "Header Options" under your column layout? Look at the "spread from and ...

Hide a field in a report
I am building a report using fields that are in tables. One of the fields in the report is "Do Not Use". I want to build an expression that says if "Do Not Use" is marked "1" in the table, then remove that line from the report. If "Do Not Use" is marked "0", keep that line in the report. Please help! Thanks! In your query use a calculated field like this -- Hide_Field: IIF([Do Not Use] = 1, Null, [Do Not Use]) Then in the report set the textbox Can Grow property to Yes and drag the size of the textbox to a hairline. If the output is...

Access reports 04-01-07
I have check boxes in an Access report. I am exporting the report as an rft file. When I do this, the captions for the check boxes show up, but the boxes themselves disappear. Is there some way to fix this problem? Thanks I assume you mean rtf and not rft. An answer given by Allen Browne on the subject: None of the graphical elements survive when you export in RTF (Word) or TXT (text) formats, so you lose the lines, check boxes, pictures, etc. If the recipient does not need to edit the report, you could use Snapshot format. The snapshot viewer is a free download for them: http:...