Form Opening with Blank Column(s)

I have created a couple applications that are working well on our remote
access server, Access 2003.

However, when I have people put the application on there standard desktop on
the network, one or more columns appear blank when the form is opened in
Access 2003.

Any ideas why the data retrieval or function would change between our server
addition of Access vs client workstations?

dancox

I have one user in my organization that is experiencing this problem also.
The problem started the week of the 25th of February.  The user could not
give me a specific date it started that week.  User was working perfectly
before hand.  We are also using Access 2003.

0
pjvjhughes
3/5/2008 4:08:38 PM
It could be due to SP3 for Office 2003.

See whether the hotfix helps. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"pjvjhughes" <u41860@uwe> wrote in message news:80b555f58cd3e@uwe...
>I have one user in my organization that is experiencing this problem also.
> The problem started the week of the 25th of February.  The user could not
> give me a specific date it started that week.  User was working perfectly
> before hand.  We are also using Access 2003.

0
Douglas
3/5/2008 4:35:49 PM
Thanks!  The hotfix fixed the problem.

pjvjhughes

Lining-up columns
We've produced a great-looking brochure with Publisher that has one single non-fatal, but still annoying, flaw. The lines of text in adjacent columns are not properly aligned, even though the tops of both columns are both sitting on the same guideline. The text is of uniform font size and leading, so there's no odd line spacing to disrupt things. While trying to fix this, I can across another problem. In some cases, the bottom line of text in a column isn't forced into the next column even when the characters extend below the lower edge of the text box. This can result in a line ...

Data Forms addins for excel
I found a web site that offered a data entry form to replace the one in excel so you can change the way it acts. this insted of creating your own user form will be better for me. Can any one tell me where this site is? You're probably referring to John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm In article <1C205F32-3FD3-443B-86C5-A3BDB45C4AD5@microsoft.com>, Dennis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I found a web site that offered a data entry form to replace the one in excel > so you can change the way it acts. t...

Can anyone design a child's punishment/reward chart?
i have grounded my teen for 10 days. I told her she can gain points for doing good things, each point means she has one day less grounded. Has anyone or can anyone design a chart to help me? It's easy to do. If you still need help, let me know. "ruby red" wrote: > i have grounded my teen for 10 days. I told her she can gain points for doing > good things, each point means she has one day less grounded. Has anyone or > can anyone design a chart to help me? ...

Open excel files disappear from toolbar
Hi, Excel 2000 / Win XP Pro. When I have more than one excel file open, the active file stays in the toolbar and the others end up in "window" which is a pain when trying to move between open files. WORD keeps all the files in the toolbar. Can anyone help? It's a pain! Is "Tools->Options->View" - "Windows in task bar" what you're after? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Glen_S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:235C1881-2C7B-4B29-BF5D-B48874680...

Custom Menu's
I just installed Office 2003, I had the file with the custom menu setting in Excel 97. Does somebody know what is the file used by 2003 to keeps the menu settings. Thanks Hi Fgomez, > Does somebody know what is the file used by 2003 to keeps the menu > settings. > Excel11.xlb Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com ...

AUtomatically hiding a row when a certain cell is blank
Hi there, I have a table which shows the languages spoken by children in our school. In column B are all the possible languages, Column C shows the number of chidlren who speak that particular language. WHen I break this down into class, there are some rows which have a blank cell under the number of chidlren who speak that language. I would like to be able to automatically hide any row that has that particular cell as a blank. Is it possible? choose a cell you would like to hide. choose "conditional formatting" in the format menu. choose "formula is" type: =isbl...

Difficult function question for columns
I would like the create a column that performs the following function: [If column A=1, then display number in cell B10; If Column A=2, then display number in cell B11, If column A=3; then display number in cell B12] If it is of any importance, in the above example B10:12 have a =SUMIF/COUNTIF function in them. Thanks in advance. AAA1986 wrote: > I would like the create a column that performs the following function: > > [If column A=1, then display number in cell B10; If Column A=2, then display > number in cell B11, If column A=3; then display number in cell B1...

Get count on column
I have a column of names, could be 5 different or 4000 different names. I want to count the top 10 of this group. Is there a formula that will help me do this or do I need to create a macro? There may be some form of an elaborate array formula that would allow you to do this, and yes it could be done through VBA. But, it can also be done relatively simply without either of those. 3-Highlight the column containing the names 1-Data-->Filter-->Advanced Filter 2-Select "Copy To Another Location" 3-Check "Unique Records Only" 4-Click in the "Copy To" field a...

UnHide Columns in Excel 2002
In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automatically expands the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all the columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just two cells the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". I have to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide". Is there a way to select columns without including the merged rows within the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a right click or keyboar...

#Name? error in Form text box
Dear All, I have a form where in text field the following error is encountered #Name? I couldn't understand why is it happening? Please assist? Rgds, Aligahk06 On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:36:02 -0700, aligahk06 wrote: > Dear All, > > I have a form where in text field the following error is encountered > #Name? > I couldn't understand why is it happening? > Please assist? > > Rgds, > Aligahk06 Access returns a #name error in a control when it cannot fine the field referenced in that control's Control Source. For example, the actu...

Unable to open Excel 2007 file by double-clicking...
OS is Vista Home Basic. I've done repair installation but didn't fix the problem so I remove Office 2007 completely and reinstalled back but still didn't fix the problem. Apparently, when double clicking Excel 2007 file the cursor will change from arrow to ring-like icon for a split second then nothings happens. Take note that old version of excel file opens fine through double-click. Any ideas? Garu Try deleting the "File Type Association" for the XL 2007 files(.xlsx, xlsm, etc.) Then double click on a XL 2007 file. It should prompt you to...

can't open excel
From this morning, I can't open any .xml (and excel.exe too) files !! Every time I try to do this, a fatal error (blue screen) 016F:BFF744FE appears to me! I try to re-boot my os, but it don't works. Why? Any solutions? Please help me... Pentium II, 256MB RAM, Win98, Office 2000, 12GB free on hard disk. Thanks. ps: answers only here, not e-mail. Katia; You probably won't get any answers here because it is not an excel problem, but a system problem. Not seeing any error messages etc makes me think its a memory issue. Try clearing out everything in your temp files and doing ...

Need to close mulitple forms
Hello, I need help writing code to close two forms at the click of a button. I have the below code but it keeps erroring out. I want to close a form called "frm_AddtlToolsCasesUIBAll" and the current form that I am on/the form that has the button to close both forms. How should I rewrite this? Private Sub Command87_Click() Dim frm_theOtherForm As Form Set frm_theOtherForm = Forms![frm_AddtlToolsCasesUIBAll].Form frm_theOtherForm.Close Set frm_theOtherForm = Nothing DoCmd.Close End Sub Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Iram Setting a refer...

Dialog Editor display slightly different than app's
When I use the Dialog Editor in VS2005, the editor displays buttons with rounded corners and group boxes with text in blue. When the MFC application is run, the same dialog displays buttons with square corners and group boxes with text in black. Also, the font size is slightly different. Is there a way to make the dialog in the app look identical to the rendition by the editor? If this is not possible, can the editor's display be changed to look like the dialog as it appears when the app is run? "Woody" <ols6000@sbcglobal.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:f...

OLEDB v's Access's FE BE Connection
Good morning all I have a 2007 db split in to FE and BE. The BE is on a server with the FE's on local pc's. When I open the first Form to pull records from the BE response time increases, like to around a minute to open. Not good! The network is known to be slow, 2 meg bandwith and I'm not helping by having a Form with 5 sub forms on a Tab control. So I thought that maybe that VB.Net's namespace Data.OLEDB may provide a faster response time than Access's split db hard coded connection. I'm aware that means writing the FE in VB.Net but it may be worth ...

Adding PowerPoint slide to Access Form
How do I add an interactive PowerPoint slide to an Access Form (this will be on my switchboard)? I don't believe it's possible. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele (no e-mails, please!) "Natasha" <Natasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA6EEA66-68ED-46F1-ABE9-1B5F83EEDEF6@microsoft.com... > How do I add an interactive PowerPoint slide to an Access Form (this will > be > on my switchboard)? Probably not do-able, but here's a good site for things pertaining to PowerPoint: htt...

how does ado.net SqlDataReader.GetString() know which encoding to read the data into a string as? Does sql sever set this at the column data type level, server wide encoding setting, os encoding?
how does ado.net SqlDataReader.GetString() know which encoding to read the data into a string as? Does sql sever set this at the column data type level, server wide encoding setting, os encoding? ...

Skipping Blanks in "Y" Values on Chart
Hey Gang, I am trying to create a spreadsheet for a years worth of data, copy the formulas down for the remaining months, but not show "0"'s in my chart because I don't have budget numbers for those months. Any way of doing it? I figure I might be able to use OFFSET, but couldn't seem to get it to work. I put in "0"'s for the remaining months so I get a flat-line until I have real values, but I would much rather not chart those remaining months, but also don't want to have to go in and keep changing the data range for the chart. BTW - Excel XP TIA! ...

Adding a Drop down menu to a column
Hello! Can anyone tell me how to add a drop down list to a specific column? I need to have only two options in the list, and the people using the spreadsheet should not be able to input any other value than: Local Market Other Thanks! Hi, Stacy. Try this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/drop-down_using_data_validation_in_microsoft_excel.htm You can just type your two values in. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Stacy" <Stacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF8C3D65-513E-496C-A720-669E2ABD7ADE@micros...

Copying multiple fields from one form to another
I have two forms, FormA and FormB, based on table A and B. Both tables underlying the forms have different autonumbers as the primary key. Essentially, what I need to do is build a macro that : Copies the contents Field1 and Field2 from the current record in Form A, Creates a new record in Form B, then Pastes the contents of Field1 and Field2 from FormA into FormB Any help gratefully appreciated You've described a "how". Now, "why"? If you are intending to copy data from FormA (based on TableA) to FormB (based on TableB), you are trying to copy data from TableA t...

More than 256 columns in MS Excel ???
Is there anyway to accomodate more than 256 columns in MS Excel Hi no chance in Excel unfortunately -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel help" <Excel help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B957D19D-2D41-4539-856A-7A4B10E67CAB@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway to accomodate more than 256 columns in MS Excel >-----Original Message----- >Is there anyway to accomodate more than 256 columns in MS Excel >. >If you have two monitors and set them up as contiguous (using Windows Display dialog), you could put your data on to sepa...

Windows installer starts all the times I open Outlook
I found a trila version of Outlook 2007 in the kit of a PDA. I installed it and I bought the code to make it permanent from MS. But all the times I open O. Windows installer starts as if it had to finish the installation. My OS is Vista Premium. Can someone help me? Thans. Giovanni what happens if you let it finish? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips....

Comparing 3 columns?
How do I compare a value in one cell, to a value in a column, that looks at the value in the adjacent column, to display in a cell? For example: cell A1 = cindy; column B in cell B17 = cindy; and in the adjacent cell, column C17 = 777. I would like the value of cell C17 to display in a cell. Does anyone know how to do this? =VLOOKUP(A1,B:C,2,FALSE) Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "cthompson17" wrote: > How do I compare a value in one cell, to a value in a column, that looks at ...

to install exchange on a new server form an old one
I wish to install exch2k3 on a new server box, My existing server runs as a DC and Exch 2k3 all in one , I'm going to setup 2 new servers one for the DC and the other for the exchange itself , Can you tell me how i may about this process , and finally demolish the old server running as DC and Exch2k3 Thankyou -- Mathew - Setup the other DC and add the new Exchange server to the Org. - Move mailboxes, replicate public folders, follow kba 822931. Shut down Exchange services on old box for a couple of days before you remove Exchange from it, DCPromo it back to member server and rem...

One query blanking another
I have several queries I wish to combine to one query to creat a report. These queries are asking for info based on a date. If the result of one query is empty (no results from the that date), then the combined query turns up completely empty even though individually, the other queries have information. How can I get the combined query to list all available info and simply have a blank cell where the is no info? Thanks If I understand correctly, you created a query using 3 other queries as input "tables", and in the upper pane of table design, there is a line joining one qu...