Form on the web

I am building a database for my company to calculate information on our
centers and such. What i would like to do is since not everyone has access
installed to put it on a form for them to access. Version is 2003 and i know
it is vague so if you need more info please ask but i need to know what i
should look for to see if i am able to do this.

Take a look at what Access MVP Tony Toews has on his website on tips for
access users under the heading WWW tools.

Jeanette Cunningham

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am building a database for my company to calculate information on our
> centers and such. What i would like to do is since not everyone has access
> installed to put it on a form for them to access. Version is 2003 and i
> know
> it is vague so if you need more info please ask but i need to know what i
> should look for to see if i am able to do this.

0
Jeanette

BusinessPortal Rich List ResultViewer web part query
I have set up a team member site under our BusinessPortal and on the main page added a Rich List ResultViewer web part to display an employee directory with their home phone number from the Great Plains HR module employee tables. The query works fine when I am logged in but when I test the site logged in a a test user I've set up, the query produces no result with a message of "query error" in the lower left corner of the display. I'm sure this is a permissions issue but I'm not sure what I need to do to allow the people who will be using the site to see the que...

Exporting datasheet view of a form with a subform
I am using Access 2000. When I display a mainForm with a subForm in datasheet view, then export the mainForm to an Excel wookbook, I am unable to add any of the resultant Excel columns that contain currency type data. I am able to add the Excel columns with number type data. The problem only occurs with a form+subform in datasheet view, not with a query+subquery(subdatasheet). Can anyone tell me what is going on here. ...

attaching a second page to a report writer form
It would be very helpful to be able to attach a second page to SOP or POP forms that would display the term and conditions regarding shipments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

DoCmd.SendObject to send form
I need a way to send a print preview of a form through an email This is what i have so far DoCmd.SendObject acSendForm, "To_Ship_List", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", "files@custombrackets.com", "", "", "To Ship List for " & Time() & " " & DATE, "", False, "" the acSendForm is the problem area, i need to send the forms print preview Thanks Matt ...

Install web components only
Hello, We have recently installed MS CRM on a server, and it wasn't working properly. It was found out that there were existing problems with IIS, so IIS was then uninstalled and reinstalled on the server. Of course the web components of CRM aren't working anymore, so I was wondering if there is a way to reinstall only the web components of CRM??? We've already setup the administrator and users with licenses and the rest of the application seems to be working correctly, so we don't really want to uninstall the entire application. Thanks, Jeremy Jeremy, You should be ab...

Why does IE 6 display web pages produced by Publisher incorrectly
I have a Dell 6000 Inspiron with a 15.4" screen (Windows XP and Office 2003). I am using MS Publisher 2003 to build a Web site. When I use IE 6 to view the site the contents are sretched and generally displayed incorrectly. However when I view the same site with Mozilla Firefox the site is dispayed perfectly. Changing the screen resolution has no effect. I suspect the problem is with the monitor size (15.4"). It appears IE is trying to stretch the page contents to fit the width of the screen. Because Publisher and IE are both Microsoft products. If multi-browser functionality...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

URL web service
Hi I created a web service in C# at http://localhost:3342/WS/servizio.asmx How can I know inside the code in servizio.asmx the URL where it is running ( http://localhost:3342/WS)? Thanks --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- "Flyx" <flyxylf@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hu0qpr$1os3$1@adenine.netfront.net... > I created a web service in C# at http://localhost:3342/WS/servizio.asmx > How can I know inside the code in servizio.asmx the URL where it is > running ( http://localhost:3342/WS)? You can use H...

Getting a form to open at the top instead of the bottom
Hi This is a very simple question. As mentioned in the subject line, I have created a form which is about 8 inches in height. When a user opens the form, instead of being at the top, they're at the bottom. I can't quite figure out how to make it so that when the form opens, the user is at the top of the form than the bottom. Thank you in advance. The form will open with the focus on the first control in the tab order. forest8 wrote: >Hi > >This is a very simple question. > >As mentioned in the subject line, I have created a form which is ab...

Extended Amount in Opportunity Product Form
In the Opportunity Products form there is a field called Extended Amount. This field is supposed to calculate the amount after taxes and discounts are applied. For some reason this field is grayed out and does not work at all. Does anybody know why this field doesn't work? Thank you in advance! ...

Multiple Combo box in a form
i'm have a form. i want to do three combo box. one is customer, one is partID and one is process. this three combo box are from three different table. there are customer table, part master table and process table. i want to do like this. if i choose one of the customer from the combo box, then when i go to the partID combo box, then i want it just show out whatever the part which belong to that customer only. others customer's part wont be in the list. then when i click on the process combo box, then i just want the combo box show out the process which is belong to that partID w...

saving a record from a form to multiple tables
I want to be able to save some of the fields from a form to a second table as the record is saved to the main table, is this possible? and if so how is it done? Thanks in advance. Mabeline On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:54:05 -0800, Mabeline <Mabeline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to be able to save some of the fields from a form to a second table as >the record is saved to the main table, is this possible? and if so how is it >done? > >Thanks in advance. Well, first - is it desirable? It's almost NEVER either necessary nor appropriate to store data redund...

Getting a value from a dialog Form
Hi, I seem to be stuck and although I'm still looking for a solution I decided I'll give it a try and ask you for help as well. I've got this function: (I've numbered the lines here, they don't exist in the real project) > Public Function fncNewGrossCost() As Long > 1: > 2: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNewGCost", acNormal, , , , acDialog > 3: fncNewGrossCost = Nz(Forms("frmNewGCost").txtNewGCostAccepted, 0) > 4: DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmNewGCost" > End Function It's supposed to open a form with one textbox (txtNewGCostAccepted) a...

Form won't open
I've been revamping an old database and encountered a problem. One of the forms would no longer open, giving me Error 2501: "The expression On Open you entered as the event setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while BG_Tracker was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control." I was finally able to fix the problem by renaming the form, copying it, then giving the original form name to the copy. My fear is that others in my workplace will be plagued with the same error. What causes this kind of behaviour, and is there a way to prevent it. -...

Access Forms using Word as Base
I would like to create a form to input information into an Access database. I would like to have the Access form resemble the Word fillable form as much as possible. Please let me know if there is a way to use the design of the Word form as an Access input form or if I have to design the Access input form from scratch. We are running Access 2002 on an xp machine. Thanks and have a great weekend!! Ken -- akkrug You can use a bitmap image of a Word form as a guide to placement of the controls on a Access form, but the only way that you can use a Word form with Access ...

Check last form to be closed and fire event
Is it possible to check if a form has just been closed? I have a form that has values updated when a related form is closed. I then want to automatically change other values on the open form. This uses code placed on a fields before update event which works fine when changed manually but does not fire when the field is programmatically updated. I have read that I could call the event in code. I am not sure which event to attach the code to now. Can I use the got focus event of the form as the second form closes? Also is it possible to check if the form has just closed and use this as a ...

Load JPG from Web
Hi, i can put a hyperlink in a cell, clicking on this will open the jpg via Internetbrowser i also can add a picture directly into the exceltable, but then the excelfile gets large Now my question: Is it possible to put a link into a cell, so when viewing the sheet excel loads the picture from a webserver into the cell ? the size of the excelfile would be smal and the jpg-files are up-to-date as on the webserver ? regards Ecki ...

Pasting from Web Pages into Word 2003 is broken
I had a support call come in today, and can't work it out at all. Now I see that I have the same issue! But not everybody here has this issue. We all run the same SOE, with Office 2003, but about 50% of users seem to be experiencing thi issue. We can't copy any text from web sites (even just one word or a few characters) and paste it into Word 2003. The paste option appears on the right-click menu, but it doesn't do anything. If I choose "Paste Special" then "Unformatted Text" then the text appears without formatting. Paste is working fine into...

how do i create a web excel file for all users to view and edit
I would like to create a web excel spreadsheet that all users can edit and the spreedsheet will keep their changes when you hit refresh. ...

Microsoft Forms
I have a a custom excel spreadsheet that works on some laptops not others. They all have Windows XP - SP1 and Office XP - SP3. Some laptops open the spreadsheet OK, some have a pop up box that says MICROSOFT FORMS Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine. OK If you press OK, it apperas again, if you press OK again it goes into Microsoft Visual Basic and gives you a compile error. Any ideas? Do they all have the same version of Excel, or do some have an older version? If so, rebuild under the earliest Excel version . -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the em...

Embed Excel with form
Is it possible to show an excel spreadsheet within a form? Have it interactive where the user can scroll...? QB On Fri, 28 May 2010 02:58:01 -0700, QB <QB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Yes. You can use the Unbound Object Control to do that. It can be a bit tricky to work with. You can even interact with the Excel object inside using VBA and the Excel object model. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Is it possible to show an excel spreadsheet within a form? Have it >interactive where the user can scroll...? > >QB ...

Building a Query by Form Interface
Hello, I'm trying to create a method where a user selects some criteria in a form and a query then generates the results. I have been able to pass numbers successfully in the query but not text. If anyone has an easy way of developing this let me know. The code below works for numbers but not text Help me please. Function BuildSQLString(strSQL As String) As Boolean Dim strSELECT As String Dim strFROM As String Dim strWHERE As String strSELECT = "s.*" strFROM = "UFRRecords s " If Check2 Then strWHERE = strWHERE & " s.[FlagField1] = " & Combo0 End I...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

Using 'like' in a form query
I want to have my Office symbol query using 'like c* or c%' , using wildcards like you can do in a query... this works but I can't use wildcards with it... help? DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acFormDS, , "[group]= '" & strGroup & "'" & "AND" & "[office_symbol]= '" & "like" & strOffc & "'" Your opening single quote is in the wrong place. Rather than & " [office_symbol]= ' " & "like" & strOffc & " ' " it should be & &...

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...