Form not displaying records

Hi.  I have a form that is opening blank in form view.  All my objects are on
the form in design view.  I have checked the Allow Additions property which
is Yes and checked the recordset is updateable, which it is.  I can see the
record when I change to Datasheet view.

Can anyone advise how I get my form to display properly?  It seems quite a
simple task but I just cant figure it out!!

Cheers,
Steve.

I knew it was a simple problem!!!

I had the Visible property for the Detail section set to No.  D'oh!!

I have answered my own question, thanks me :)

"FBxiii" wrote:

> Hi.  I have a form that is opening blank in form view.  All my objects are on
> the form in design view.  I have checked the Allow Additions property which
> is Yes and checked the recordset is updateable, which it is.  I can see the
> record when I change to Datasheet view.
>
> Can anyone advise how I get my form to display properly?  It seems quite a
> simple task but I just cant figure it out!!
>
> Cheers,
> Steve.

time display in Calendar
The appointment time doesn't display in the monthly calendar view as it did in previous verions. More importantly, it doesn't download to my Rex -- only all day events do. ...

Problem with images in forms
I have a problem with Microsoft Access 2010 and 2007: there is a possibility to insert a picture into OLE Object field into record in form. However, it does not work: whenever I insert an image into OLE field, it does not insert an image, but an icon of it, a Package. I want to have an image visible in record. But I always get an icon. I did not have this problem when I was working on Vista and earlier on XP, right now in all my computers I have this issue. I use Office 2010/2007 on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. The problem occurs in both, 2007 and 2010 version, I tried it on di...

List or Edit Box int display ?
Could anyone briefly describe how to display integers in a List Box or Edit Box. I am just writing an example program to output the results of adding 1 or 2 to a number and displaying this result. And there should be more than one of these results on each line (at least five), then a new line would be started. And this will continue line by line until it would necessary to use the scroll. A simple explanation and any code of this would really be appreciated. You can use CString::Format() to convert them to strings before adding them to the ListBox. Tom "cdg" <any...

Autofill field on form with values from another table
I have a form based on a main table of geographic features. However, for all new records, I would like to have the Geography Feature ID field autofill based on a separate table of allowable values. I would use the autonumber format for this, however, the allowable values are a list of letter codes (i.e. AAAA through to AAAZ). I already have several records with acceptable codes...however I would like all future records to pull ID's from this table. What would be the best way to go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. amiliab wrote: >I have a f...

Adding Forms from earlier versions
I ues OL 2002. I just downloaded RealEstate Forms that was used in OL 97/98. Can it be used in OL 2002? How can it be installed? IIRC, the add-in forms were a .pst file. Run the .exe and see what happens. I still run the Diary application and I used to run the While You Were Out form from 97/98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I ues OL 2002. I just download...

has RMS comes with a OPOS driver for the LCD 6000 displays?
hi, i read in this page: http://www.logiccontrols.com/web/prodCustDtech.htm#qp1 that the LCD 6000 display's sellers dont recommend to use their drivers on RMS, so they recommend to use the RMS integrated drivers... anybody could please tellme how to use the RMS integrated drivers with the LCD 6000 display? thanks Go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Retail Management Systems > Configure MS OPOS...click on this, it opens up the MS OPOS under Device type scroll down and select line display. Click on New and name it leaving whatever you want...make sure whatever you nam...

Mailmerge Records Limit
Hello, Does anyone know, please, if there's a practical limit to the number of records you can use from an Excel datasource, in a single go, mail-merging into a Word document? Thanks Mike Mike FWIW I just experimented with 15,000 records(name, address, state, zip). Only 10,000 appeared in my Mailmerge(envelopes). Tried several different lists and kept coming up with 10,000 maximum. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:27:29 -0700, "Mike" <water.music@virgin.net> wrote: >Hello, >Does anyone know, please, if there's a practical limit to &g...

Unable to Display the View
I got this error yesterday and was unable to display ANY of my Outlook folders. I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get it fixed and then discovered a thread about creating a new profile, which I ultimately did. This worked OK, but now I'm getting the same message again, less than 24 hours later. What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks. The exact message is "Outlook cannot display this view." I just ran the Inbox Repair Tool. Afterword, it worked for a while and now I'm getting the same message again. Please help. "MadDog" <M...

Adding .FDM form to public folders on server
I was wondering if some one could please shed some light on this issue. I have a Request form that I would like posted under the public folders so employees with security rights can access through outlook and fill out. Anyone formiliar with this please let me know. Thanks JA you can publish a form via Outlook to the Organizational Forms Library Tools/Forms/Publish.... On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:40:52 -0700, "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering if some one could please shed some light >on this issue. I have a Request form that I woul...

Outlook Task forms not displaying all tabs
I am having some problems with Outlook Task Forms and them not being correctly displayed on other machines. We have a task form which contains 6 tabs. However when this form is sent to certain other machines only two of these tabs are displayed and it appears to look like a default task form. Initially I thought it was something to do with version numbers. The original machine was on version 2002 (10.2627.2625). Other users on this version and up to 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2 could see the form correctly. I was on version 2003 (11.8118.8107) SP2 and was unable to see all the tabs in the ...

New form on Main thread.
Hi all. I have an application that requires input from a 3rd party application. The 3rd party software sends data to any control on the running application on the main thread. I can start my application through a startup module which forces the main form on the main thread, how do I then open a second form and put it on the main thread? I've tried Dim'ing a thread then thread.start, but I get invoke errors which I have to say I don't not understand! Basically the second form I'm running contains a text box which must be on the main thread to handle the ...

Display of LINEST results
When I use a the LINEST function and ask it to display the results several of the cells in the output array are #N/A returns. Rightly I suppose because there is supposed to be nothing in them so the LINEST function is not appropriate there. However it looks messy. Is there a way to make it output without these entries? -- To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.com to the end. David - Maybe you could put LINEST inside the OFFSET function to display only the output values of interest. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "David Howdon"...

Sop Blank Picking Ticket Form
Hello, I have question regarding any report. I modified (in Dexterity) report - add a lot of text information in RF section. So, I expanded this section and decrese several vertical lines and got report that I need, but Header Body and Footer section is narrower than it was before. Everything was ok, but I've got order with 26 items and when I pring subj some times was outside the border and they lay on my text. How can I manipulate to print this order on 2 pages? Thank you very much Vitali With documents such as SOP and POP documents, please make sure that the size of the RF and ...

Setting a value on a main form from a subform
All, Am I correct in assuming the way to set the value of a control on the main form from a subform is: Me.Parent.ControlName.Value = "XXX" Obviously it isn't because I continue to receive errors when I try to access the control. Thanks in advance. - CES CES wrote: > All, > Am I correct in assuming the way to set the value of a control on the > main form from a subform is: > > Me.Parent.ControlName.Value = "XXX" > > Obviously it isn't because I continue to receive errors when I try to > access the control. > > Thanks in advance...

searching form multiple Values in a Text Field
Hi.. I have a table of Products and StateID. The products with a field for which states they are availble using the codes from the StateID table tbl-Products ProductID Description Available 1 "Blue Coffee Table" "1,2,3,5" 2 "Red Coffee Table" "2,3,4,19,21,18" tbl-StateID StateID State Country 1 AU ACT 2 AU NSW 3 AU VIC 4 AU QLD 5 AU SA 6 AU TAS 7 AU ...

Import HTML Form Data in Multiple Email (multiple text files)
PROBLEM: I have an HTML form on a webpage that submits (posts) the form data results to me via email. I now have hundreds of emails (.eml files from Windows Live Mail) in a folder on my desktop that contain newsletter signup data from people wanting to join my mailing list. These are names, email addresses, phone numbers, and some check box information. The data is in the body of the messages in the following format: Field 1: User Entry 1 Field 2: User Entry 2 Field 3: User Entry 3 SOLUTION NEEDED: I need a way to automate importation of the data from the text inside thes...

displayed email address
I have my own dot co dot uk domain. I want this to appear in the "from" field in sent messages. At the moment I'm stuck with my ISP address. I've changed the " reply to" address in options but that does not change the "from" display. Outlook 2007 Can someone help? thanks -- Trev (Milnrow, UK) You set the address when you create / modify the mail account. I assume you created an account with your domain settings? Presumably your domain has a mail box? "Trev" <trev@belt-man.co.uk> wrote in message news:a4e0p5tmrn1h...

how is a tabbed form updated when another form alters the records
how is a tabbed form updated when another form alters the recordset - without closing and re-opening the forms It depends on how the form's set up. If the various tabs simply refer to fields in the form's RecordSource, you can requery the form: Me.Requery. If the tabs are actually subforms, you'd have to requery the appropriate tabs: Me!NameOfSubformControl.Form.Requery Note that depending on how the subform is added, the name of the subform control may be different than the name of the form being used as a subform. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougS...

How do I save a message as a form to send at different times?
I'm in HR, and when new hires come on board, I have a standard email that goes out. Is there a way of saving this on my computer without have to save it to a folder after sending everytime? Is there a form or something? There are several ways to create templates in Outlook. For an overview of solutions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/messagetemplates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, R...

Deleting Forms Dictionary
All, I wanted to delete all current customizations and Deleted the Forms.Dic, allot of the forms are not working, please help. Johnny Johnny, Your system Alternative/Modified forms and reports were pointing to the modified forms, which was deleted, so the system will need to be pointed to the original forms. You have two options to fix this up: 1. Go to: Dynamics GP Menu --> Tools --> Setup  System  Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports, choose the modified forms below one by one and mark the Dynamics radio button. 2. Go to Dynamics GP Menu --> Tools --> Utilities --&g...

XML storage of Form data
Hi, I'm looking at storing data from an aspx form in an XML document, but what I was looking into was how to reload the form, and populate the items from the XML document, into their relevant server controls. I have come across the XSL document but have not really seen it in use with an aspx page. A simple code snipet to show how to populate an xml element in to its associated text box would be really helpful Thanks Namshub wrote: > I'm looking at storing data from an aspx form in an XML document, but what I > was looking into was how to reload the form, and populat...

Using filtered form data as record source for report
I have a split form in an Access 2007 database where the data grid shows the records from a query. The user can filter any combination of fields from the the drop down headers. I have a command button above the data grid that opens a report with the same query as its record source. I'm trying to figure out how to pass the filtered data to the report so it will show only those records that the user is seeing in the data grid of the split form. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Ken You may be able to pass the Filter of your form as the WhereCondition ...

Can i display an Icon on a toolbar?
Hello, I'm building a toolbar but i do not want to manualy draw the buttons. Instead i want to be able to display prebuilt ICONs there. Can this be done? How do i proceed? Many thanks You should be able to do it by simply adding a CStatic on the toolbar and placing bitmap/icon on it. Following article shows how to add controls to the toolbar: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ ------------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:<eMRs7FziEHA.636@TK...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Best way to design tables for cascading on my form
My company inspects damaged cars for insurance purposes. Up to now, (relating to this issue) I've had tblDamageArea populate a list box on my form where the user can select the various parts of the car that were damaged. I've had this list include parts for multiple kinds of cars and I'd like to make this list cascade to include only those parts relevant to the car type inspected. I've created a tblVehType to separate Sedan, Coupe, 4DoorTruck, SUV, etc. which populates a cbo on my form where the user will select the type which will then be used as the crite...