Form Formatting

I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column
a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it
doesn't change in the form view. This form was made ages ago with an
automatic format and now I can't get away from the automatic format. Help!

0
DSmith

"DSmith" <donna@DONTSPAMresxrn.com> wrote in message
>I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column
>a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it
>doesn't change in the form view. This form was made ages ago with an
>automatic format and now I can't get away from the automatic format. Help!

I don't believe you have that level of control in datasheet view -- maybe
you do in Access 2007+ (I'm not sure), but not in Access 2003-. You could
display the form in continuous forms view, formatted to look very much like
a datasheet, and set the backcolor of the control that is that "column".

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

2 forms
Hello everybody I am using Access 2003 DB setup 2 tables with a one to many relationship 2 forms each based on one of the tables Problem Customer info in table1, order info in table2. Form1 gets the appropriate record for the customer, I need to be able to open form2 using a control on the main form and the record should have the CustomerID of the current customer inserted into the new record in table2. How can I do this. I tried synchronisation but it does not work, the result comes with a blank CustomerID field in table2 Thanks in advance Activo When you add a new record to the form...

Stop XL from changing format?
I format a cell as Scientific with some number of decimal places. I enter an NPV formula. The cell format is changed to Currency. I change the format to Scientific again. I press F2, the Enter. The cell format reverts to Currency. Is there an option or Registry setting that will stop Excel from changing a cell format, especially a non-General format? I am using Excel 2003 SP3 (US). Hi Joe, One way: wrap your formula in a VALUE function =VALUE(YourFormula) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Joe User" <joeu2004> wrote in m...

User Form Help #2
Hi, can any one help me please ? What I'm trying do to use combo box on a form I have created whic will display data in column 'A' e.g. Zip codes When the user has found the Zip code they require in Column A, an pressed the OK button the associated data in columns B, C & D will b displayed in the Text box on the form e.g. the user uses the combo box is used to select data in A12 Then press the OK Button The data in B12, C12, D12 is displayed in the text box Any assistance would be appreciated Many thanks Rob NB Excel version 200 -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ...

Formatting tabs in a workbook
Is it possible to format a workbook so that a tab is set for each day of the month? I do daily reports on excel and I would like the fromat to goautomatically throughout the workbook. Hello Glen If you mean automatically create new workbook and name worbook tabs with numbers from 1 to number of days in month, this could be done with some programming. HTH Cordially Pascal "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:B78FF460-2A77-4540-92E3-78C5137A0AA1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to format a workbook so that a tab is set for each day of...

Formatting cells to show two dates in one cell
I have a column in my spreadsheet that is for the date that I recieve info from clients. When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've been putting a comma between the two dates. I have a word document that I use merge to pull this information (along with other info), but when I pull the data from this particular column, it changes the dates to something like 12:00AM. I've tried changing the formatting of this column to text and also to general, but it still will not give me just the two dates. I don't want to create another column for the second dat...

Form View
How can I get a form, based on a table, to show only certain records (for example, only paid customers)? I tried basing the form on a query but it didn't work. Thanks, Courtney That is the way you would do it. You can restrict the records that the form displays based on criteria in the query. Did you apply any criteria to the records in the query? You can also filter records in a form using the form's filter property By the way, it didn't work is not very descriptive and of very little help in diagnosing a problem and suggesting solutions. Did you get the wrong records, ...

Conditional formating using named cell
Hi. In a pivottable in Excel 07 I have the monthly results for a department. I use conditional formating to indicate if the spend value for year to date exceeds the total-year-plan with more than a certain pct. This pct will change over the year, depending on the month shown. Till now I have typed the value in the conditional formating: =3D($J9*4/12)<$G9 [J is total-year-plan and G is the spend value for year to date.] I would like to make the formula dynamic, and have it to refer to a cell called ValueForRed. I have tried to tye =3D($J9*ValueForRed)<$G9 but it does not work. Any s...

Unknown Error from custom appointment form
I have a problem with receiving an "Unknown Error" MsgBox with my custom appointment form. I have paid attention to the mskb article below http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280813 but we're all on 2002, so it doesn't fix the problem. Does anyone know of any other circumstances this can happen? I'm hooking most events and have a single extra page with a few fields bound to UDFs ...

Upgrade .pst file from 2002 to 2003 format
I want to take advantage of some of the new features of the Outlook 2003 ..pst file format, namely the bigger capacity. After I upgraded OfficeXP to Office 2003, the settings migration worked just fine. Now I want to upgrade the .pst file format. Is that necessary and if it is, how do I do it? Thanks, ~alan Outlook 2003 will create a PST file in the new format by default. Just copy the contents of your old PST file into a new one created by Outlook 2003. Be sure you then set the new one to be your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM...

Change default number format
Anyone have any idea how to do this? You could create a template workbook (*.xlt) and format all the cells with the numberformat you want. Then use that whenever you want to use that special format. If you want to use that number format for all new workbooks, name the template workbook book.xlt and store it in your XLStart folder. If you save another copy as sheet.xlt, then any new sheet added to an existing workbook will inherit that number format. mbrucker wrote: > > Anyone have any idea how to do this? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Right click the cell. > format cells ...

How to convert fraction format to text format ......
....... and still shows the fraction instead of decimals? I have formatted a range of cells to fraction. Then I key in the = following values:- 1/2 1/5 1/4 1/3 2/7 9/16 etc. etc. Then I format the cells to text and the fractions are converted to = decimals. How can I have both text format and the fractions displayed = as above without writing a formula? I tried custom format, paste special>values etc. and had no luck. I am also having trouble with a formula which works most of the time but = not *all the time*. e.g. A7 formatted to fraction>8/16 then I key in 11/16.=20 The form...

Windows Media Player Format GUIDs
To display MP4 videos from our WPD device, we report to Windows Media Player that the WPD_OBJECT_FORMAT of the object is WPD_OBJECT_FORMAT_MP4. Where will I find the GUID for MOV videos that Windows Media Player now supports? Thanks, Mridul. ...

date format
How do I change the date format to 10-Nov-2003 instead of 11/10/2003 in Outlook? change the date format in windows control panel, regional settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&...

Find & Replace formating
Any suggestions? Problem with Find & Replace and formating. Sally tried to do a find and replace with the following: find "US", replace with "United States." Instead of replacing it as she has indicated, it replaced it with UNITED STATES. When she undid this and tried to do it again, she looked at the more specific find/replace options (where you can search for a certain format)--in that section, all of the format boxes under "effects" were checked. (I'm not ever sure how that is possible. Superscript AND subscript?) She unchecked them, ran the find rep...

Web form #2
Dear All I have a spreadsheet which contains our media library (it's pretty small and very basic!) Column A contains a catalogue number (eg exa.00001, bk.00023, etc.) Column B contains the name of the person who has borrowed the item I was hoping to make a webpage with a couple of fields so that when borrowing an item, people can simply visit the page, type the catalogue number in one field and their name in the other field. (It would be quite nice if when they press a button the title of the media then showed on screen - but this isn't essential.) Then, when they press a Confirm butt...

Set Textbox on a Form to Deafault
Hi I use Excel 2K I have a form with a number of textboxes. I would like some of these textboxes to default to a particular number. This is so the user does not have to keep typing a number that is usually always the same for each entry. This is the code I presently use in the form:- Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Dim iRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("DATA") 'find first empty row in database iRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _ ..End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row 'check for a part number If Trim(Me.TxtDate.Value) = "" Then Me.TxtDate.SetFocus MsgBox &qu...

Browse button on form for folder path
Hi All I am trying to create a form which has a button which can browse for a folder path. I then need to have this path placed in an adjacent textbox. I think I need something along the lines of the following in the command button's code: Application.GetOpenFilename however this piece of code just opens a file whereas I need the pathname for a folder. Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mike Jim Rech has a BrowseForFolder routine at: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm (look for BrowseForFolder) John Walkenbach has one at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/t...

bring back ability to format subtotals in pivot tables
You used to be able to highlight all of the subtotals for a given field and with one click and then either shade, change font, etc. and that seems to no longer be possible. If someone knows how to do this, please let me konw! If you enable selection in the pivot table, you'll be able to select parts of the pivot table, and format them. To enable selection: From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select Click on Enable Selection "Pam-ADPT" wrote: > You used to be able to highlight all of the subtotals for a given field and > with one click and then eith...

format cell with maximum value
I have a list of number, say 10rows by 10 columns. I want to specify a conditional setting for each cell so that if the cell has the highest value in its row, the cell will be coloured red. So I will get 10 cells that will be coloured red. How do I do that? Thanks Use conditional formatting. If your data starts in A7, then in A7, Format > Conditional Formatting. Use the drop-downs and text box to create your condition: If cell value is equal to =MAX($A7:$J7), then set your format appropriately. Copy the format through your entire table. "Frank Drost" wrote: > I have ...

Formatting incomming mail
Hi, Is it possible to format incomming mail, so that lines starting with "> " show up in a different colour. I want to mimic what ximian does with incomming mail as it makes it very easy to search for "inline" comments in emails. Thanks, Akshay No, if you have a message marked with > it means the message is in Plain Text which doesn't support colors. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office ...

Saving Form and Subform
Hello - I have a master form and 4 subforms. The subforms are presented in 4 tabs. The controls in each subform are checkboxes. Referential integrity is established between the master and child tables. When the master form is saved I'd like some code to check each subform for null or unchecked checkboxes and deny the save all subforms are null or unchecked. Can someone please let me know on how to proceed? Thanks!! Stece -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200702/1 sboegeman via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hello -...

Set up a default in Combo Box to show when opening a form
I have a combo box which uses a table with No and Yes. I want the No to be the default whenever I open the form. I have tried several default values suggested in microsoft but none have worked. -- Julia Yes/No fields in Access are designated -1 for Yes and ) for No. So your combo format needs to be set to number and then in your control source put =IIF([yourfieldname]=-1,"Yes","No") -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "JuliaO" wrote: > I have a combo box which uses a table with No and Yes. I want the No to be > the defa...

Export Custom Task Form Data to Excel
Hi: I created a custom task form within Outlook and would like to export that data in custom fields to excel. Can anyone provide guidance on how to accomplish this because Outlook does not have a record macro function. I am looking for code samples to get me started or a relevant tutorial. Thanks in advance, Eric ...

How to change the TAB order of a fill in form in the website?
How to change the TAB order of a fill in form in the website? Bart Publisher 2003 http://www.publishermvps.com/WebDesign/FAQ/tabid/30/ItemId/148/Default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136713493.786827.57160@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How to change the TAB order of a fill in form in the website? > > Bart > Publisher 2003 > ...

Hide Access Window, Database Window, etc Showing only User Forms?????
Hello, I have just written a small app in Access 2003 in VBA. When the application starts it show the access windos, database window, then the UserForm window appears. How do I hide all windows except the userform???? I've tried minimiz but when I minimize the access window, the userform goes away also. Thanks for your help, Bob In versions earlier than 2007, Startup Options can be found under the Tools menu. Here you can specify if you want the database window to show or not. Create an .mde (Tools, Database Utilities, Create MDE in versions < 2007) to remove any...