form error

Help!  I am using a command button from a subform to open form and I am
getting an error.  It says "the table tbleActivityNote is already opened
exclusively by another user, or is already opened by the user interface and
cannot be opened programically".  I have this same concept on 3 other forms
with now problems.  THanks for any ideas.

Did you bind your forms to tables or queries?  You should be using queries.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
5/7/2007 10:00:10 PM
Are you trying to open the same table as the MainForm is bound to?  What kind
of Record Locks do you have set on the Data tab of both MainForm and SubForm.
Use queries on both.

sue gray wrote:
>I have tried both.  I get the same error.
>
>> Did you bind your forms to tables or queries?  You should be using queries.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>> >cannot be opened programically".  I have this same concept on 3 other forms
>> >with now problems.  THanks for any ideas.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
5/8/2007 1:58:47 PM
Cool! Sounds like you got it resolved.  Great news.

sue gray wrote:
>I had a record lock somehow.  Thank you very much.
>
>> Are you trying to open the same table as the MainForm is bound to?  What kind
>> of Record Locks do you have set on the Data tab of both MainForm and SubForm.
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

http_403 error
This has been cross posted in the windows.sbs news group. Ok, I am going nuts here, can someone help me? I'm using Microsoft SBS 2003. I get a 403 error from any device trying to sync. I have checked all the VD's and they seem fine. Here is the IIS log: 2005-08-23 02:57:07 203.79.110.126 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=neill&DeviceId=B77507360000000108000050BF3F5173&DeviceType=PocketPC 80 - 166.179.17.182 Microsoft-PocketPC/3.0 401 2 2148074254 2005-08-23 02:57:09 203.79.110.126 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=neill&DeviceId=B77507360000000108000050B...

Encryption error
When I open Money 2004 I get the following error "Unable to encrypt data at the required level" Tells me to go to a site and install some security updates, which I did. I have all the latest patches and updates (except XPSP2, it sucks). Have latest IE 6 with SP1 and latest encryption pack. Help! In microsoft.public.money, "Encryption error..." <Encryption error...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open Money 2004 I get the following error > >"Unable to encrypt data at the required level" > >Tells me to go to a site and install so...

Circular Reference Error
Can anyone see what would be causing me to get a circular reference error??? Thanks! SELECT [BartS1Report].Customer_ID, [BartS1Report].Customer, [BartS1Report].Service_Address, [BartS1Report].Employee, [BartS1Report].Manager, [BartS1Report].Type_of_System, [BartS1Report].Raw_Water, [BartS1Report].Treated_Water, [BartS1Report].Cycles, [BartS1Report].Inhibitor_Level, [BartS1Report].Range_1, [BartS1Report].Range_2, [BartS1Report].Range_3, [BartS1Report].Range_4, [BartS1Report].Range_5, ((SELECT Sum([XX].[ZZZ]) FROM [BartS1Report] AS [XX] WHERE [BartS1Report].Customer_ID & ...

Excel Form "Component Not Registered"
I am using several excel spreadsheet that are working on many other machines but they all of a sudden started giving me a "component not registered" error. I don't know of any changes to my workstation environment. In order to debug, I stripped down the excel spreadsheet to the bare minimum. I noticed that when all the forms were removed from the spreadsheet that the problem disapeared. I removed everything in the spreadsheet except for one form and a Workbook_Open() procedure. No problem occurs if I have an empty procedure but as soon as I even put a comment in th...

Autofill Error
Hi, I need a macro to autofill COLUMN A with a word say YES until the last row found in COLUMN B. Right now I have the ff codes: Sheets("VOUCHER - STEP 2").Select Range("A5").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "DEBIT" With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=5).Font .Name = "Arial" .FontStyle = "Regular" .Size = 8 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False .OutlineFont = False .Shadow = False .Underline = xlUnderlineSt...

Users and Asset Data linked on Form
Hello everyone, I have two tables, one a Staff list and the other an Asset list extracted from seperate databases, the information in the tables has absolutely no common data, I have a form with the user name and other bits and pieces on from the staff list and also a drop down list of all asset numbers which I can then select the appropiate asset number from then, that asset number and other details I would like to be associated to that user. I have tried, I have done this in the past about 4 years ago but I cannot remember any of it! Any help would most appreciated Cheers David David, T...

Skip Records in a Form
I have a form in my database based on a table. The table is appended with new reocrds everyday. My goal is to have the form present only the new records and allow a user to key data into the new record and be recorded in the same table. The issue I have is that the form is displaying all records not just the new. Does anyone know a way to open a form and display only those records that have not been updated by the user? Thanks in advance Add a column for UpdateDate and update this column whenever a record is updated via the form. Set up a query to read all the rows/columns ...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Outlook errors #4
Since upgrading to outlook 2003 I cannot view any items in the sent folder. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but get the same error- "outlook has encounted an error and will close" I can view the sent items via OWA, so I know they exist. I have also tried setting up the account on a different pc. Any help would be very helpful. Have you tried a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...

Excel sheet (OLE object) sometimes open on the form sometimes in E
Hello there, I have an Excel sheet (OLE object in the table) on a form , I have setup the Property in "Auto Activate" as Double-Click , so when I double click the object the sheet open. But sometime the object appears on the form as an Excel Icon - then when I double click it open in Excel - that is what I want. But sometime it appears as a table of data and when I double click it open on the form - I want to avoid that and instead always have the sheet open in excel. Any idea? Many many thanks, Dan Hi Dan, By default, you can directly double click the OLE Ob...

Forms Help
I have a form, the form has an ID that goes through many test/parameters. All the test/parameters associated with the ID remains on a sub form for viewing. I would like to develop a series (a-z) for each ID,were repeating information for the id is carried throughout all ID's and the one test paramter that differed, thus changing the Series Letter will be changed. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks LA -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:04:05 GMT, "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" <u36612@uwe> wrote: >I have a form, the for...

Adding Array Fields on forms
How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form? thks in advance. Hi HFLO, Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times. Hence ur array field would be there on ur for...

"Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet throws "not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file" error.
Hi, I am trying to use "Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet to fetch "File Share Witness" property of CCR cluster. But when I run this command no "Exchange Management Shell" I am getting "The term 'Get- ClusterResource' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." error. Any idea why I am getting this error? Do I need to add any "PSSnapin" via Add-PSSnapin cmdlet ? If so which one it is? Basically I am not able to run any of the cluster related GET cmdlets on Exchange Managem...

E2k3: An ambiguous SMTP proxy SystemMailbox error 9549
I get this message a few times a day and the best I can figure is I have two mailboxes found in the Exchange System Manager with the same string of characters in their names. SMTP (SERVER1-{A643FE61-xxxx-4B74-B902-280BFB58699B}) SystemMailbox{A643FE61-xxxx-4B74-B902-280BFB58699B} However this condition is identical on two exchange servers (slightly different numbers) but only one exchange server is getting the error. Any ideas? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9549 Date: 1/9/2005 Time: 2:28:44 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVFL01 Description: An...

Using the combo box from the forms toobar
When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? Hi R, > When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? You can't. The combo box from the forms toolbar is a fixed font. If you need a different font, you'll have to use the combobox from the control toolbox. Re...

Error sending email and editing email's body
I have the following function Private Sub SendEmail_Click() Dim strSubject As String Dim strEmailList As String Dim strMessage As String Dim strMessage2 As String On Error GoTo Err_SendEmail_Click strSubject = "Please investigate" & " " & [Ticket #] strEmailList = "JohnDoe@emailaddess.com " strMessage = Me.Text_Description strMessage2 = "Assign to:" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatRTF, strEmailList, , , strSubject, strMessage, strMessage2 Exit_SendEmail_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendEmail_Click: ...

Error when drawing grid, grid lines a bit too short
Hello, as I've mentioned in some other post I'm making a simple "Game of Life" with a small, fixed-sized grid. Anyway, the function I used for drawing the actual grid was written ages ago when doing some pure Win32 programming and it was full of magic numbers, assuming a 16*16 grid. I tried to rewrite it without magic numbers and to take the actual size into consideration. Right now each cell in the grid is 20*20 and I have horizontal and vertical bars that are four pixels wide. The x and y offset is 20 pixels. Hope I explained it properly, here's the code: voi...

Unknown programming error. Error={0x80020009]
When replying to or forwarding emails I keep receiving this error message: Unknown programming error. Error={0x80020009] I am using Outlook 2000, Windows XP. ...

Dexterity runtime error #2
I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied over the files but when I click on the shortcut I get a dexterity runtime error You do not have permission to open this file. Help? Melissa I am sure this is something you have already checked, but I thought it was worth asking. Did you happen to check the file permissions where you copied the files to? I wonder if the client is not able to open one of the dictionaries. "melissa" wrote: > I'm trying to setup a new client for dynamics. I have setup ODBC and copied > over the files but...

How do I set up MSN account and yahoo, it keeps saying error.
I have tried everything and it keeps saying server not available? please help. misty <misty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried everything and it keeps saying server not available? > please help. MSN's and Yahoo's Help pages contain the details. -- Brian Tillman With Misty being as vague as she was in the problem statement, how can you be sure, Brian, that the help she needs is in the help pages? "misty" <misty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54858363-0A1B-4FAF-8B6B-AD5B0C824BFD@microsoft.com... >I have tried every...

Page jumps forward when clicking on the background of a form docum
I've created a form with input fields, and dropdowns. After I fill out an input field, if I click outside of the field on the background of the document, word jumps forward in the document. This varies from 3 full pages, to only a few lines. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thanks. It's working as designed. The effect of protecting a form is that the cursor cannot be placed anywhere outside the form fields. If you click in a protected area, Word moves the cursor to the *next* form field, no matter how far away that might be. Although it's improbabl...

mail error
There is someone trying to send email to a person set up to my exchange server, but a NDR is generated with an error saying that my exchange server closes the SMTP connection from the person sending the email. I will paste the error log below, can someone look at this and tell me why my server is bloking email from this person by closing the connection. Thank you in advance Thomas > --- Session Transcript --- > Mon 2004-08-16 10:44:05: Parsing Message <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\pd50000224527.msg> > Mon 2004-08-16 10:44:05: From: someone@OtherDomain.com > Mon 2004-08-16 ...

Visual Basic System Error-Userform
When attempting the use a userForm I receive the following error: System Error &H80070057(-2147024809). The Parameter is incorrect I also receive this error when I attempt to insert a new user Form. The code of the Form should be correct as I have used it in the past. The only programs that I have installed recently are the normal window updates including the new version of Windows Media player. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Problem solved by using the office install/repair. "GENEF" wrote: > When attempting the use a userForm I receive the following ...

Error 0x80040604: A folder by this name already exists
Hi All, About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it? Thanks, Drew forgot to add that I do have SP1 installed for Office 2007. "Drew W" <Blah@Blah.com> wrote in messa...