Form as Web Page

It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to
be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a
webpage.  I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without
having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc...

Yes you could save as a Data Access Page.  Does not have all the
functionality of regular forms.  Maybe this would help:

http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm

MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web
databases.  Quite nice from what I have seen.  The only caveat is that you
must run them in SharePoint but you can make them available to be viewed in a
browser like any other web site.

Bonnie
http://www.dataplus-svc.com

JW Phillips wrote:
>It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to
>be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a
>webpage.  I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without
>having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc...

bhicks11

Update Records Pop-up Form
Hi Everyone, Help is really appreciated. So I have a form where the user can input data on three different text boxes then click on a 'search' command button and with simple code the results are filtered on the same form below in other text boxes. All this is linked to a single table. So I've set up this results text boxes Enable/Locked property to Yes because I don't want to allow the user to edit the data on the same form. However I've created an update command button which opens a new and more simple pop-up form where the user can modify the data. The problem ...

Refresh Data in Multiple Forms
FormA can be opened from, and supplies data to, multiple List forms which contain lists of data entered and edited using FormA. After editing, entering, etc. using FormA, I would like to refresh any List forms that are loaded. I am able to write code for FormA's Close button to do this for a specific List form, but get errors if that particular List form is not open at the time. How can I refresh all opened List forms after clicking a close button? This is a single user ACC2000 .mdb database. I saw in the NWinds database module code that returns a True value if a form is loaded. Doe...

Forms
I am currently developing a form in Publisher 2003. I need some of the responses on the form to be "required". For example, if a box is checked that a person is requesting vacation, the text field below it would be where the user would indicate his/her dates of vacation. If vacation is checked, the text field should be required. Or, even if I could just make it so the user must check a box for vacation vs. no vacation (even without dates), I would be happy with that. Any ideas, or am I not going to be able to accomplish this in Publisher? I didn't see any reference a...

importing web page into publisher 2002?
Is it possible to import a web page, including all graphics, into either Publisher 2002 or Word XP? best, Aaron ...

Open form with 2 criteria
I need to open a form which need to satisfy 2 conditions. I know how to specify 1 condition but no idea how to specify 2. You can combine multiple conditions in the WhereCondition of OpenForm. Essentially the WhereCondition has to end up like the WHERE clause of a query, including the correct delimiters. This example shows how to use criteria on a numeric field, a Text field, and a Date field: Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "(MyNumber = 1) AND (MyText = ""dog"") AND (MyDate = #1/1/2007#") DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WhereCondition:=str...

page setup landscape, but print footer in portrait mode
I have several pages that are being compiled. Most of them are printed in a portrait mode, but several are in landscape. I would like to print page numbers on all of them in the lower right hand corner. The landscaped pages will be turned facing the right of course, so the page number needs to print in the left hand margin turned 90 degrees. Hi not possible without VBA. You may record a macro while - set the page layout for the first pages - print these pages - change the page layout (landscape) - print these pages -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany msvflyhigh wrote: > I...

Run SSIS 2005 Package from ASP.NET page
Hi all, I have an aspx page (.NET 3.5 and C#) that has to run a SSIS package with the dtexec utility when the user press a button. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. Luigi =?Utf-8?B?THVpZ2k=?= <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:98C89948-EA8B-4F3C-A3F0-34027CB844EE@microsoft.com: > I have an aspx page (.NET 3.5 and C#) that has to run a SSIS package > with the dtexec utility when the user press a button. > How can I accomplish this? There are plenty of examples, as this Google search shows: http://bit.ly/8Qp4YQ The only potenti...

Format several pages at once w/o data changing (Excel).
I have a user that used Lotus 123 to format several pages at once; however, not changing the data within the cells amongst these pages. So whenever you format the sheet, the other sheets format as well. And if you change a number, it will only change on that sheet and not the rest. We are now using Excel 2003 and was wondering if it had the same capability as Lotus 123. I was unsuccessful in finding a way to do this. You can group sheets by holding down the CTRL key as you click the sheet tabs. Any changes made to one sheet will be made to all grouped sheets. Right-click a sheet an...

How to personalize form "cancel order"
Hello, How to personalize form "cancel order" in "orders > cancel order" ? Thanks. Valentin Collado ...

How do I execute event on aonather form?
Hi, I have two forms, form1 and form2. How do I execute an event (AfterUpdate) bound to a countrol (combobox) on form1 from Form2? SF Change the name of the event from priviate to public. eg: Private Sub Text7_AfterUpdate() to: Public Sub Text7_AfterUpdate() Now, in form2, you can go: Call forms("Form1").Text7_AfterUpdate -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com Thank you for your prompt response. My forms work very well now. SF "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal@msn.com> wrote in message n...

Frontpage 2002 / Expression Web
Can you please help as I am moving to a new pc and want to try to install FP 2002. Can you please let me know if it's possible to install just FP 2002 from Office XP? Alternatively I've googled FP, to download the software from the internet but able to find it. I've also read that that Expression Web is it's replacement, but it's very expensive. I just wanted something like FP or Expression Web, maily for the folder and sub-folder structure that it offers. I've looked at a couple of alternatives but can't find similar folder structres. If someon...

Any affiliates intersted in my offers? the best affiliate program on the web!!!
Hi SUPER-affiliates/ list owners/ promoters/ webmasters, Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us fo...

CRM 3 Suddenly Taking 42.1 +/- 0.1 seconds to Load Pages
Hi all, A few weeks ago CRM 3.0 suddenly started taking 30+ seconds to load the main frame of each page. The initial nav bar loads immediately, but the contacts, accounts, etc. lists take quite a while to load. We were able to fix this by restoring the server to a point prior to the CRM install and reinstalling CRM, however after about 10 days it started happening again. This time I checked the IIS logs and it shows the file /_root/homepage.aspx is taking 42.1 seconds, plus or minus 0.2 seconds, each time I try a page load. (Sometimes it appears to take about 80 seconds, but I haven't ca...

BLANK FORM BASED ON A QUERY
I Have Created a Dialog Form With a Button That Opens Another form, the Form That Gets Opened By The Dialog form is Based On a Query, and The Creteria Is Set To A value Inputed on the Dialog Form, Which Works Great When I Have Results Turned Up, If No Results The Form is Blank, Is Their A Code i can put in the CLick Event of the Dialog form that Opens the form, if there are no Results Wont Allow me to Open the form. and a Message.. Ive Tried The Following DoCmd.OpenForm "Project_Results_ByRecievedDate" If Me.RecordsetClone.RecordCount = 0 Then MsgBox "No records&qu...

Page Margins #2
Just wondering if anyone could solve my problem. I have installed english excel on one computer and chinese excel on the other. When I print my excel file in both english and chinese excel, I got different left and right page margins. I tried to change the settings in Control Panel | Regional and Language Options to 'metrics' on both computer for consistency but didn't work. In both versions of Excel, they are showing the same page margins in Page Setup but I don't know why they print out differently. I am pretty sure I am missing something here. Could anyone help?...

Cannot add system defined Incident attributes to the Case form.
This is a little goofy. I understand that the attributes defined under Incidents in the deployment manager are the ones to be used when customizing Cases. However, when I got to the Cases form to customize it, I can see less than half of the fields that were showing in the deployment manager. None of these fields are custom. I just want to add to the Case form some system defined fields. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks Jay P.S: I have already published the schema, just in case those fields were not published the first time. Jay, When you go to "add" a field to a form, onl...

Update a control when a new page is opened in a form
I want to make a command button visible so the user can perform an action (say, print a letter) when a certain text box is filled in. I was finally successful in doing this. However, when I open a new page in the form, I can't figure out how to make the command button invisible again -- the command button remains visible even though the text box is empty. How do I get the page (whether I am clicking forward or backward) to make the command button visible (if the text box is filled in) or make the command button invisible (if the text box is empty)? I am very new to Access. I am...

Translate web page
I`m trying to view this page http://www.correos.cl/index.php in English with IE8 but when I click on "Page> Translate with live search" It goes through the motions and says 100% complete but the page remains in Spanish ? What am I doing wrong ? Thanks Kim Hi Kim, Tools>Internet Options - General tab, 'Languages' button. What language is at the top of the list there? (please post back with this info). It should be English (United States)[en-US] or If you have another variant of English at the top, try (adding then) moving en-us to the top of...

Emails developed in Publisher do not print out all pages
I have developed an email newsletter in Publisher that is about 2 pages long (22"). When I sent it to myself to test it, on my screen it looked fine, but when I went to print it out, as I expect some recipients will do, only the first page printed. I have been playing with the set up, but to no avail. I would appreciate any help on this. I've learned why this doesn't always work - and there is no work around. It has to do with the way that Publisher converts your file into an email. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carjack45" <Carjack45@discuss...

getting specific data from one page to another
Please help if you can. I have a page in excel with test scores and their teacher intials next to the student and scores. They are sorted by room number. However I need a new page that would create a new list based on the teacher initials. See below Student test score Teacher Joe B - 86 - JA1 Sue B 92 TB2 Bob B 78 JA1 I want to make a new list on another page that pulls all of JA1's kids and scores. I know I can sort on the original page- but I want to be able ...

VS2008 Framework 3.5 Web Service Accessed from Web 2.0 Client
Hi, I'm wondering if I made a large architectural screwup. I wanted to use new features in VS2008 including LINQ in my web service and have targeted the 3.5 framework with the web service. However, my Windows Forms client targets the 2.0 framework as I don't want my clients to have to download 3.5 All this works nicely in development but trying to deploy to a staging env I experience problems. I've deployed the web service sucessfully to IIS on my local machine and can browse to the service definition using the address below OK. My app.config file contains the reference:...

Converting a field from Yes/No to Text Box not changing in a form
Hi I am in the process of creating a form in which I realized that I had set up a field in a table to be Yes/No (1 or 0). I realized that I actually need it to read "Yes" or "No" just I converted it to a text field. But when I check my form, it doesn't reflect my change. In other words, the fields are blank whereas I wanted to see either a "Yes" or a "No". How do I fix this problem without recreating the form? Thanks in advance. Are you certain that the text box is bound to the field in the table? -- Doug Steele, Microso...

Page Break if next value of field in previous record is not consec
I have a report used to display box numbers by category (record series). I have the report grouped by RSNo, then sorted by BoxNo with a page break forced when a new RSNo occurs. Additionally, however, there should be a new page if the box numbers within the RS are not consecutive. For example, if the box number in RS1 are 1235, 1236, 1237, 1240, 1241, and 1242 I should end up with two pages. The first page should have 1235, 1236 and 1237 and the second page should have 1240, 1241, and 1242. I thought I could do this using VB and an if...then...else statement such that If BoxNo.Curr...

Configuring Microsoft Outlook for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access Account
I am having trouble configuring my Microsoft Outlook 2003 to incorperate my Microsoft Outlook Web Access account. I am using Office 2003 and have Windows XP. Can anyone help? Thanks, Erik Are you trying to set it up as an HTTP account? Enter the OWA URL and include your mailbox alias: http://owa.domain.com/exchange/ekarre Note that you'll only have access to mail, not the special folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search fo...

Word, Form Fields and the Enter Key
I'm using the code below to the Enter Key will behave like the Tab Key to go between Form Fields. The problem is that when using the Enter Key, the Form Fields do not get Formatted, as they do with the Tab Key. By the way, after using the Enter Key, if I go back to the previous Form Field, and then exit that Form Field with a right arrow or Tab Key, that Field will then show the proper formatting. Can someone please show how to modify this code to work properly? Thanks for your help, Bernie ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------...