Fixing coloumn title in datasheet forms

I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of the
column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when viewing but when
I close the form and open it again it has shrunk back to its smaller size.
Thanks
Tony

0
Tony

Are you referring to the column width?  If so check out columnwidth
properties in help.

Damon

"Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of the
>column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when viewing but when
>I close the form and open it again it has shrunk back to its smaller size.
> Thanks
> Tony

0
Damon
8/21/2007 3:34:06 PM
Thanks Damon I'll have a look there
Tony
"Damon Heron" <damon_327@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you referring to the column width?  If so check out columnwidth
> properties in help.
>
> Damon
>
> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of
>>the column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when viewing but
>>when I close the form and open it again it has shrunk back to its smaller
>>size.
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony
8/21/2007 3:55:54 PM
Thanks Damon I was trying to alter the width when the subform was in design
mode as part of the main form. When I altered the column width when only the
subform was in design mode it worked just fine.
Thanks
Tony
"Damon Heron" <damon_327@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you referring to the column width?  If so check out columnwidth
> properties in help.
>
> Damon
>
> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of
>>the column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when viewing but
>>when I close the form and open it again it has shrunk back to its smaller
>>size.
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony

How do I create a clear filters button in a form?
Just looking for a way to have a quick way to clear any filters created on a form. If its a visual basic command please be specific on how I do it please. :-) thanks in advance for any help! Regards, Richard Anderson Xtremist9 wrote: >Just looking for a way to have a quick way to clear any filters created on a >form. If its a visual basic command please be specific on how I do it >please. You can turn off the current filter by using: Me.FilterOn = False You can clear it with: Me.Filter = "" If that's not what you want, please explain ...

Form doesn't show
Hi I had a form which was based on a query. I added a tab control to the form and added a couple of tables that I want add to the second page of the tabbed control as subforms. I changed my query to include the other tables. Now when I go to open the form the form is blank. If I go into the design view of the form everything is there but in form view it's just a blank form. Can I not add other tables to a query and add it to a form. I have been working on this form for hours and thought I had everything right and now the form is blank. Can anyone help. I am using Access 2003. Than...

Access 2007 form properties
We just upgraded(?) to Access 2007 and the first thing I have come across is this: I have a simple continuous form where the query is based on the value in the control 'box_district'. 'box_district' is in the form header. I have the detail of the form hidden until 'box_district' gets updated. This code bombs at the asterisked line but it is because the detail does not become visible as it should based on the third line. Was something changed that would prevent 'me.detail.visible = true' from working? Private Sub box_district_AfterUpdate() Me.Requery ...

Access 2007
I have code behind several forms written in earlier versions (2003 and earlier). The data source for the forms might include a table with fields: Field1, Field2, Field3... the code would have reference the field data for the current record like this: me.Field1... me.Field2... me.Field3... but now in Office 2007, this does not seem to work anymore; does this make sense to anyone? what is the appropriate work around? thanks in advance, mark When you add the fields to your form, Access creates controls with the same name as the fields. The name: Me.Field...

dlookup on forms
Hi... I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm working with a form in access. (form name is frmvcletter) I have a bound text box on the form called txtPlan_1. I have a bound text box on the form called txtPlan_2 Table 1 has: Basis 1 Code, Basis 2 code Table 2 has: Code, Description Instead of putting the basis 1 code information in the text box (txtPlan_1), I want to retrieve Description from Table 2 when Basis 1 code match Code. Apply the results to txtPlan_1 I want to use dlookup. Please help!!!! thanks Umpire, What you are asking is not possible. You could do this with *u...

form & code allowing user to select location of associated file,
I have a simple database, basically a library list of documents. I have a column for hyperlink in my main table, but I would like to make it so any user can be prompted to navigate to the file location on the server, rather than have to manually type, or copy paste the address into the form. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im not totally new to Access, but quite rusty as it's been some time since I have played with code. Thank you, Tracy Hi Tracy, use the code on the Access web http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm to allow users to navigate to the file location on the se...

Color a datasheet subform
How can I change a datasheet subform from white to a color. I changed the back color of one of the textboxes in design view but it still shows white when I open the form. The subform is disenabled and I need some way of making it look disenabled. Robert On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 19:14:26 -0500, Robert wrote: > How can I change a datasheet subform from white to a color. I changed the > back color of one of the textboxes in design view but it still shows white > when I open the form. The subform is disenabled and I need some way of > making it look disenabled. > > Ro...

Error when trying to customize Forms
When I try to access the Forms and Views in MS-CRM 3.0 in the customization section, I get the following trace in the application Log. I guess this is also keeping me from publishing the entity. I'm able to create new custom fields but I'm not able to put them in the form. Can you help me? Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 1/10/2006 11:10:18 AM Event time (UTC): 1/10/2006 4:10:18 PM Event ID: fd81b71c314d48b783b21c8b998c02bb Event sequence: 230 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Applicat...

2007 pop-up form opens really small
I have a split database in Access 2003 format. Back-end database with tables is on network drive and three users have identical copies of the front-end forms database loaded on their individual machines. Two of these users have Access 2007 and only one of them is experiencing this really weird problem. I have a main form from which the user can open several pop-up forms to edit combo box source records by clicking on various buttons. For one of the 2007 users however, the pop-up forms open in these really tiny slivers of windows (1/4 inch by 1/4 inch)...you can barely see them. The strang...

Forms used to run query
I created a form from where the information is selected to run the query. The problem is that I want to pull information from two different columns inthe query. In other words, I have a query that pulls information from 5 differente tables. I need to query the info by building/department and by full name column. I created a form from where the user can select the building to run the query, but I also want to get the employees full name, only employees located in that building so that I can run a report based on that employee. I hope I make sense! :) Any help would be greatly ...

Tab order
Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a form? Thanks you can select the tab - and use the green arrows on the right to move them back and forth... "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70ff01c3e773$db61a250$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a form? > > Thanks Sorry, I meant the order in which you could tab through the fields on the form. >-----Original Message----- >you can select the tab - and use the green arrows on the right to move them >back and forth... > >"Joe" ...

Customizing Pick list values in forms
We are having trouble seeing our changes to forms and their pick list values. We have added the custome values in system customizations and saved them but when we go into CRM we don't see the values we added to the drop down. Do we need to "publish" these changes some way. I'm sure it is something simple we are missing I'm just not seeing it. An example would be under leads. We want to add customized lead sources to the field under the details tab. you need to publish your changes by using deployment manager in the crm server - if you need further info check old...

Can't delete an email form the outlook inbox
Our setup is the following. Have exchange 2000 and outlooks 2003 which connect to the exchange servers. When the user attempts to delete the email he gets the following error: "This item could not be deleted, it was either moved or is already deleted,or access was denied". I have tried to delete this email through OWA and still cannot delete. I have about 10 users with the same problem with the same email. When you try to open the stuck email it says "can't open this item. I searched on the groups all day but so far haven't found satisfactory answer or anything t...

FIX appears in Status Bar
I'm temping in an office and found that on a computer that is shared with another person that one user's Excel program displays FIX in the Status Bar (lower right hand corner). When a number is entered into a cell on a new worksheet, the number is formated at a decimal. For example, entering 1 into a cell is converted to .01--I am unable to find anything in Help or the Knowledge Base to determine if there is a setting that has been turned on or if there is a corrupted program file. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Tools|Options|Edit and uncheck "Fixed decimal Places"...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

fixed assets book info
Hello: Is it possible to import book data into Great Plains if the Fixed Asset Management module is already implemented with an internal book? In other words, can data for a separate book be imported into Fixed Asset Management "later"? Also, just one more thing as an aside. I have noticed that if you are in a situation where you have not imported in book data for one of the two books set up in Fixed Assets that you get an error message upon saving a new asset saying that data for the other book has not been entered for this asset. Auto Add Book info was checked for both...

How to lock viewing Form Design.
Hi all, In my Access project every thing is perfect... In Startup- main form as starup form. unchecked view database window. unchecked Use access special keys unchecked allow tool bar/ menu changes. In tool bar remove all menu items except FILE, HELP. in each form , i set Allow view form design to NO also.... so I did max i can secure my project.... only problem i have is still we can right click on form and view form design. pls help i want to fully lock this right click on the form when execute...

Play a .wma file when opening a form
I have a form that I created that I use everyday. I would like for every time I open the form for it to play a specific .wma file that I have chosen. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you. I believe (but I haven't tested) that the technique I showed for MP3 files in my November, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access" should work for WMA files as well. You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

Subform Value Does Not Display in Form (but will in table)
I have an Instructors form with two tabs. In one tab called Courses, I have a subform called sfrmInstructorCourses. Since an instructor can train many courses, I have this subform displayed as a datasheet. In the subform, there are two fields of interest, the course number combo box and non-standard classes combo box. I have the subform designed such that if a XXX999 course number is chosen (in which XXX can be any set of letters), the non-standard classes combo will contain classes for that course number (one to many relationship). All works great that is until I reopen the Inst...

Form Based Parameter Query
Hi All, If I simply enter the values into the criteria on the QBE grid it would be "1C" Or "2U" Or "3M", this works as intended. However I need to be able to reproduce this criteria via a form. I am using a list box to provide the criteria and it works with individual criteria i.e. just "1C" but I cannot reproduce the OR statement within the list box in a way that is correctly picked by the query. If it makes any difference I am typing the value into the list box. Any ideas please. Ta. Bill Duane, Thanks for the response but that is not do...

Create form for 1:N relationsip
Objective: Create a form that will allow a list of values to be displayed where each item is from yet another table. Tables: tblMain MainID Autonumber (PK) .. . . tblPartsList MainID (PK) PartID (PK) Q: Is this the best way to implement the one-to-many relationship? I have seen this done with a single autonumber as a PK and MainID and PartID as data, but I don't see any advantage -- it seems that an index is needed either way. tblParts PartID Autonumber (PK) PartName Text PartDesc Text Subform: The subform should display a list of PartName, PartDesc matching MainID from the p...

Linking a table to a form within one database
I want to create a "hyperlink" between a table and a form. I just want to click on one field in the table and connect it to the corresponding form page. it seems like it should be simple but I can not figure out what to do!!!! Help!!!!! Hi - If you are asking if you can open a table in datasheet view, and then click on a field to open a form, then you can't do this in Access. Access works by opening a form which has a table as its record source. All fields of the table are available to be used in the form, using form controls. If I have misinterpreted you...

Login Control form authentication to Active Directory (AD)
Hello, We have a form designed using Visual Web Developer (VWD) 2008 (Express Edition), which utilizes the Login control. The form works fine when launched via VWD 2008. That is, when typing in the credentials (username & password) at the Login.aspx form, the account is successfully authenticated against AD, and the user is directed to the Default.aspx page. However, when we launch the site via IIS 7.0 the authentication against AD does not work. If we type in the "correct" credentials, the Login.aspx page simply re-displays (with no error message). This...

HELP: Display search results in footer section in a split form
Hi All, I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ Details Section. How can I display results in the footer section? Is there a way to do it? Basically I just want to display results below the search criteria and not in a new tab or window. Hope I made it clear Thanks in advance If you want Quick & Dirty, create a textBox in the Footer and just fill it programmatically at execution-time. "sam" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ > Details Section. How can ...

How can I "Save & GoTo New" in a sub form?
I have a main form with a subform in it. I want the end user to click the "NextOrder" button to save and go to new blank record, when same end user is entering multiple orders. The button is in the subform and works there but not after I load the subform into main form. It gives me the following error. The object NONAME isn't open *The macro you are running (directly or indirectly) contains a GoToRecord, RepaintObject, or SelectObject action, but the Object Name argument names an object that is closed. *The objectname argument for the GoToRecord, RepaintObject, or ...