Find what control is using a data item

I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a
popup asking for the value of those 2 columns.  The problem is, I don't use
those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted
columns.

I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab
order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column
names.

How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns?

I found the problem, the column was still referenced in the underlying query
that fed the form.

"MeSteve" wrote:

> I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a
> popup asking for the value of those 2 columns.  The problem is, I don't use
> those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted
> columns.
>
> I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab
> order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column
> names.
>
> How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns?
Assuming that you haven't custom programmed it yourself,  ***anytime*** you
get a popup box asking for a field/parameter it means that a query is
involved. Either the column/field is not available in the recordset(s) that
make up the query or the name of the field has been misspelled.

Congrats to you for sussing it out yourself!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq