Find what control is using a data item

I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a
popup asking for the value of those 2 columns.  The problem is, I don't use
those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted
columns.

I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab
order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column
names.

How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns?

I found the problem, the column was still referenced in the underlying query
that fed the form.

"MeSteve" wrote:

> I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a
> popup asking for the value of those 2 columns.  The problem is, I don't use
> those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted
> columns.
>
> I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab
> order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column
> names.
>
> How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns?
Assuming that you haven't custom programmed it yourself,  ***anytime*** you
get a popup box asking for a field/parameter it means that a query is
involved. Either the column/field is not available in the recordset(s) that
make up the query or the name of the field has been misspelled.

Congrats to you for sussing it out yourself!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Data Series Labels in Area Chart
Hello- I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area chart, and three in line format. Got the chart created, but the data series labels for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks awkward. Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot? I don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart. Hi, The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment. Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has the options to align data labels. You can format the line seri...

NEED TO FIND FIRST " " FROM RIGHT
Help - I have a column in excel that contains names, such as: Joe Smith Joe E. Smith Joe Edward Smith, esq. etc I need to isolate the LAST WORD in the column, for example: Smith Smith esq. The only way I know how to do this is to search for the first " " - but I need to start the search from the RIGHT, not the LEFT. As far as I know, FIND function starts the search from the right... which isn't what I want. Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this task. THANK YOU =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","^^",LEN(A1) -...

Retrieving Data from a Column / Row to populate a cell
I currently have data supplied to me in an Excel spreadsheet that I to transfer manually I would like this to populate a cell reference, the problem I have is that I cannot gather a train of thought to obtain the data from from a specific row/column. There is a sample of the data supplied to me below Name In Out Int Greg 165 108 29 09 July 2003 42 34 9 14 July 2003 44 19 4 16 July 2003 40 40 8 17 July 2003 39 15 8 Andrew 125 43 9 1...

Change the space used for my x-axis labels
Can anybody help me? I have an column chart with words as labels. My problem is that I can't change the space used for the labels, that is some labels is in two or three lines and I would like to use more room for the labels and less room for the chart itself. But when I make the chart smaller then the labels just are dragged upwards - how do I prevent that?? ...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

using sumproduct with a substring condition?
I have a calculation I just made that looks like this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(C5:C50="persons name"),I5:I50) which works out the hours billed from column I and works fine. Column E has a description in it which sometimes has at the end of the description the words "do not bill." Is there any way to add this condition to the sumproduct - i.e. exclude from the sumproduct any value in column I that has the "do not bill" sub-text in column e? Thanks, Ben >exclude from the sumproduct any value >in column I that has the "do not bill" Try it ...

RFX_Text converts empty strings to NULL when using ODBC and MFC
When submitting updates to the database and the column has a Not NULL constraint I get an error from the ODBC driver. It appears that the field exchange mechanism is converting the empty strings to NULL. I have seen this topic posted before, however, the solution was never presented with the post. Thanks:-) ...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Selecting the font size matching the control's height
Hello, I have an array of labels, which height changes in relation to the form's height (form is resizable). What will be the best method of selecting the labels caption font size? Thanks, Claire On 7 Feb, 04:46, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: > Hello, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I have an array of labels, which height changes i= n relation to > the form's height (form is resizable). > What will be the best method of selecting the labels caption font size? > Thanks, > Claire Might be an answer here http://www.dreamincode...

export find results
is there a way to export the results of the 'find' query to a notepad or a new excel sheet) Hi Amir, > is there a way to export the results of the 'find' query to a notepad or a > new excel sheet) If you download my "Flexfind" utility, you can use it's "List" button to do just that: www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceFF-EN.htm Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com I expect that the only way to do that would be through VBA. If you press Alt-F11 from Excel you'll go to the VBA editor. Go to Help and look up the ...

Using a formula in a Hyperlink Cell reference
I have a workbook with approx 60 worksheets in it. I have set up hyperlinks on the 1st sheet to take me directly to the worksheet I want to see. Is there any way of using a function in the Hyperlink cell reference, so the link will automatically position me at the right cell on the target sheet? I thought I could use the COUNTA function to determine the first non-blank cell, but the hyperlink doesn't seem to like it. Hi what HYPERLINK formula are you currently using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sslabbe" <sslabbe@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb i...

Can't remove items from Outlook Favorites list...
Hi there, I am posting this message as a last resort after much searching for a solution to this. I am hoping someone will have an answer to this odd problem In Outlook 2003 there is a FAVORITES panel. This panel (for some odd reason) can not be hidden. I do actually use it so that's okay. But the challenge I have is that it will not let me remove items from this panel. The other day it started showing the inbox of each of my http email accounts in the favs panel and I don't want these there. There are also a few other folders that I added there which I wish to remove. BUT the remove o...

Use the critical pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--zhgnareqkgrzm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yuqjzsfeerdzue"; type="multipart/alternative" --yuqjzsfeerdzue Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locativavdwrafmhc" --locativavdwrafmhc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer fr...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

Deleting items
Hello, How would I deleting some of the items that I have opened to see other people's calendar. I have now duplicates of the folders? Please Help ...

Access Forms using Word as Base
I would like to create a form to input information into an Access database. I would like to have the Access form resemble the Word fillable form as much as possible. Please let me know if there is a way to use the design of the Word form as an Access input form or if I have to design the Access input form from scratch. We are running Access 2002 on an xp machine. Thanks and have a great weekend!! Ken -- akkrug You can use a bitmap image of a Word form as a guide to placement of the controls on a Access form, but the only way that you can use a Word form with Access ...

Using an IF statement to display an image ...
Hi all, I am using the following IF statement to show the % increase in costs, only if it is 10% or higher than the running average. If not the cell stays blank. =IF(AND(J11>10%,J11<>""),J11,"") Now .... could anybody tell me how I could change the above formula (or write some code) so that instead of showing the % increase from cell J11, it will display a picture of an unhappy face? Sounds a bit daft but it does capture peoples attention! I have managed to get something similar using the wingdings font (JKL) but it's not that great. I already have an emoti...

OWA use HTTP and HTTPS
Hello, I want to know if it`s possible to use both connection methods. Maby some user cant use the secure way so there most be another way. is it possible to use asswel the unsecure way as the secure way? Thnx, Jos On 4 Oct 2006 23:45:24 -0700, "Josvds" <josvds@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to know if it`s possible to use both connection methods. >Maby some user cant use the secure way so there most be another way. > >is it possible to use asswel the unsecure way as the secure way? > >Thnx, >Jos There shouldn't be any reason a user ca...

Find name of main form
Novice, Access 2003, XP I want to pass a control name to another application. The control is on a subform, but I don't know the name of the main form because the subform is in various mainforms. E.g. fsubTxt contains txtBox1. How do I find the name of frmMain and then pass the frmMain!fsubTxt.Form!txtBox1 Thank you You can get the main form's name by using Screen.ActiveForm.Name Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Peter Stone" <PeterStone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20BA9DE7-0107-46CB-96F8-591...

How can I find duplicate entries in an entire worksheet?
I have pulled in information from a database and I am trying to remove duplicate records without having to look manually. Is there a way to do this? Take a look at http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <BB25CF5A-3389-4C83-A0D6-05A6711BFF99@microsoft.com>, jbrown <jbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have pulled in information from a database and I am trying to remove > duplicate records without having to look manually. Is there a way to do this? ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely........... Free at www.asap-utilities.com Vay...

Outlook 2003 indicates unread items at Win XP login
Underneath the Windows XP login icon is a meassage that indicates that I have 10 unread messages. After loggin in and going to Outlook 2003 - i do not see any unread messages.... This is an ugrade from Office XP to 2003. Any ides of how to correct this reporting error? ...

Can't open Outlook for Web Access over the net using 2000 or XP but can with 98?? Any ideas
Hi there, Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 system can no-problem? Thx in advance. "David Sullivan" <dsullivan@bcl-international.com> wrote in message news:lGNLc.5216$Z14.6537@news.indigo.ie... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to > Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 > system > can no-problem? > > Thx in advance. > > What version of IE is running ...

Can't find other users on exchange server to share calendar