Find Record in Subform

I currently have a find record command button on the main form. When I
use the main form find button it only searches fields in the main
form.

I would like the ability to search ALL the records in a subform using
a find record command button. Currently when I put a find record
button on the subform it only searches the record currenly displayed.
Is there any way to seach (for example) ALL the Titles in that subform
table?

0
Reb

On Nov 5, 2:43 pm, Reb <RebKayGom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently have a find record command button on the main form. When I
> use the main form find button it only searches fields in the main
> form.
>
> I would like the ability to search ALL the records in a subform using
> a find record command button. Currently when I put a find record
> button on the subform it only searches the record currenly displayed.
> Is there any way to seach (for example) ALL the Titles in that subform
> table?

>From what it sounds like you have a table and a sub table that is the
data source for the forms.

You need to make a reverse lookup form,  in wich is the sub becomes
the "Main Form" and the "Main Form" of the form becomes the sub.

0
Richnep

Advanced find issue OR
When using advanced find, there is a limitation with the OR clause. Ex: Want to find ALL active contacts that have a certain str field populated OR is on a certain Marketing list. This is not possible. It should be possible to mark the 2 lines/groups and click the OR group. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

Finding, Comparing folder names then opening explorer
Hello i tried posting this earlier, but something seems to be wrong with either my browser or the site, so... i have a project where i have a field that stores the serial number of a product. i need to take the field, trim it to 5 characters and then use it to search a folder and all the subfolders, trimming thier names to the first 5 characters, and then capture the full name of the folder, and use that to open windows explorer at the found folder. so if i have a field with the value "08003" and i want to find that sub-sub-subfolder in the folder "c:\WO\" and then...

Autocomplete email domain from previous record
Hi All, I have a form with an email address field in which the domain is often the same for each new record. For example, test@domain.com... the "@domain.com" portion is often the same. What I would like to do is somehow have some code that autocompletes just the domain portion from the previous record when the user types the "@" symbol. So, they can then type in "test2" and as soon as they hit the @ symbol it would complete the field with the domain portion from the previous record. Does anyone have a genius way to do this? :-) Thank you for your help!...

SendObject doesn't find fields in querry
I have a form that has a button to run an "event Procedure" to preview a report, and to email the report as a pdf attachment. The codes I use are as follows: Private Sub emailfullpricesheet_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "Full Price Sheet", acViewPreview, , , acWindowNormal DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "Full Price Sheet", acFormatPDF, , , , [DLRName], _ "Thank You for your business.", True End Sub In this code, I have the field for the dealer name (shown above as [DLRName]) where it would be placed in the subje...

How can I find out what the firewall issue is on a Printer?
I was having problems reinstalling HP software for my All-In-One printer, and HP Tech support had me add ten or fifteen programs to the Firewall as allowed programs, plus about that many ports. I'm still having firewall issues according to the HP networks diagnostic tool, and the HP software does not "see" my printer on the network. I can go to its IP address in Internet Explorer and see info about its status, etc, and I can install basic drivers for other similar printers and it will print, but not from the Full Software package that I need for OCR scanning. It ...

I can't edit existing records, only add new
I created a form with the intent of being an 'add new contact' form. Well, I want to reuse the form as an edit/update contact form also. The problem is, I can't view any existing records. I have allow edits, deletions, additions enabled. Record locks = no locks. Record selector and navigation buttons = yes. What am i missing? Data Entry property Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "MeSteve" <MeSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11129652-032B-4966-80CC-7AAD8E18162C@microsoft.com... >I created a form with the intent of ...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Word 2007 Find/Highlight Function
In Word 2007, the Find function allows you to find and highlight words or phrases in a document. However, saving the document with those 'found' words highlighted does not save the highlighted text. Additionally, if searching for multiple different words in a document, when you search on a 2nd or subsequent word, the 1st or previous 'found' word highlight all disappear. This functionality was possible in Word 2003 and XP environment. Question: In Word 2007, is there a way to highlight and keep highlighted multiple word searches/highlighted words and save the do...

Calculating a value for a new record
I have a simple database which records a list of different reports my team produces. Each report has a unique hopefully sequential number "Report No" which is different to the "Record ID" (Autonumber). I have a form which I am using to add new reports to the underlying table. As I add a new report record I want to look up the highest existing Report No value in the table and auto populate the New Report Form Report No Control with that number +1. i.e. if the last report added was numbered 255 the next one shoiuld be 256. I have tried using Max ([Current ...

How to open a blank form for adding a new record
Hello, I have a form for adding/viewing employee records. I can open the form, view records and using the navigation button, add a new record just fine. However, I'd like to open the form using a command button so that all fields are blank and a new record can immediately been added without having to use the navigation button. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? TIA, Rich On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:20:02 -0800, rich wrote: > Hello, > > I have a form for adding/viewing employee records. I can open the form, > view records and using the navigation button, add a...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...

Create a duplicate record
I use a form to input the data into the table. From time to time, I need to create a duplicate record from previous records or just completed new record. I saw the previous articles here but most of them to copy the last record to a new record. However, I need to highlight the desired record and copy to a new record. Any guidance and example are appreciated. Thanks, Scott Here's one that lets you duplicate the record in a form, as well as any related records in the subform: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html Just ignore the part about the subform, and use the rest. -- ...

Query Does Not Count "2" Records
Good Evening Everyone... I have a bit of a logical puzzle that I need to solve. I have various queries which have various criteria for them. One query involves retirees or spouses being under the age of 65 and the other involves retirees or spouses being over the age of 65. Both the retiree and spouse are listen in the same records and on one line of the master table and queries. The situation that I am running into is that I can have a retiree who is over 65 and a spouse under 65 and the record comes up twice in the two different queries b/c it meets the criteria, which is perfect. What...

Subform
I'm having a problem loading data in a subform. The fields in the subform and main form are not bound. I'm using MSAccess 2007 I put VBA code in the "On Load" event of the subform to get records from a table and populate the fields on the subform after the main form is opened from a previous form but I'm getting the message: " MSAccess can't find the form referenced in the VBA code" (referring to the subform, mysubform) . As a test, I put the code to populate the subform (including, as the first line of the code, "DoCmd...

Printing problems in the advanced find dialog box
I am using the advanced find tool in outlook to search my journal entries for a specific set of records by catagory. I then turn on the auto preview to expand all the details for the found records. When I then select all found records and print in memo view I get all the records to print, 1 page per record. If, however, I print those same records to a table view I get just a row of headings accross the top of the page but no data. Is this a bug in outlook or am I doing something wrong? -- Alan Barnes Innovative Solutions ...

Word file is not opening. Windows cannot find it..
While using word on my computer I have been getting this message. Windows cannot find 'C: /Users/XXXXXX/Desktop/Folder name/Resume.docx' (XXXXXX to protect name). Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. The only way I can get it open is to open word then select the file again from its location. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have any add-ins installed? Try running Word in Safe Mode to see if that resolves the problem, then remove any problematic add-ins. You can open any Office or Office family program in Office Safe Mode by pressing CTRL whi...

RW
My report has one header (on Document Number) and wish to print only 10 record on the body (Apply To Invoice Number), so that it will fit onto a pre-printed form and has to print ONLY ONE DOC per form. while testing on a report with >10 Apply to Invoice: if I state 10 Records Per Report Body and unmark No break at record count, the report will print 1st page with 10 body trx, but will still print remaining (after 10 trx) onto the next page. if Mark No break at record count, then report will prnit ALL (>10) on one page, seems that Records per report body is not working then. any...

slow moving among records
Hello guys learning new things on access I keep improving my db, that is my family bank account. I’ll briefly explain how it is. In the main form there is a single record of my table, a sub form with 3 pages of graphs and several buttons to open forms of specific categories (car, children, house and so on). Everything works on queries based on the selected year. I had all this structure redundant for every year. To optimize and shrink the db, I changed all the queries in order to pass them the desired year from a list box. Now the annoying problem is that it takes a couple of seconds ...

Record Notes
Hi, Is there a way to print record notes in receivings transaction entry ? Notes attched with Receipt No. I am using great plains 8.0 (sp2) Thanks BS You can always use the RW_GetNoteText() User Defined function from a set of calculated fields. The parameters are in currency IN_NoteIndex; { Note Index of Note } in integer IN_characters; { Number of Characters per Line } in integer IN_line; { Line Number to Return } For more details see the Report Writer Programmer's Interface in the SDK (Software Development Kit). The SDK can be installed from the Tools folder of CD 2 of the Gr...

Modify Recorded Macro
I recorded the following macro, which basically Merges 2 cells and Alignes the text to the left. However, when recording it always records the cell address(Range("D***:D***").Select. How can i adapt the cell address to something like: ActiveCell - ActiveCell.Offset(0,1).select instead of the particular cell address. I need to run this macro about 1000 times ************************* Sub MergeCells() ' ' MergeCells Macro ' ' Range("D156:E156").Select With Selection .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter .Vertic...

Finding number of weeks within a period
My data consists of StartDate, EndDate, StartTime, EndTime, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun (days of week are check box format y/n) I need to calculate the NumOfHours for an event. For example: StartDate: 2/1/2010 EndDate: 2/15/2010 StartTime: 6:00:PM EndTime: 7:00:PM Mon is checked The NumOfHours should = 2 I can calculate the NumHrsPerDay and the NumOfDaysPerWk BUT..... can't seem to get the last part which is how many Mondays are in the date period. Thanks, Margaret On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:05:01 -0800, MaggieL <MaggieL@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Sub Form not showing all records
I have created a form (PartSuffixSubFrm) that shows Part Number, Suffix and a check box from the table PartSuffixTbl. When I open the PartSuffixSubFrm as a Form all of the Part and Suffix records in the table show up. But when I include this as a subform on my LocationFrm the PartSuffixSubFrm only shows the first Part Number and it's Suffixes. I cannot see, nor reach, the rest of the records. Can anyone tell what I have missed based on this explination? Never mind - I am actually going a different way on this project. But for others found the Parent Child relationships are what...

cells.find
I have a problem when running this code, if there is no value "over due" in the sheet i keep on getting an error. I need it to work also when nothing is found. can anyone help? Sub sendemail() Dim OutlookApp As Object Dim myBodyText As String Dim myLoop As Integer Dim myRow As Integer Dim myRecipient As String Dim myFirstCellAdd Dim myCounter As Integer myCounter = 0 Range("AE1").Select Cells.Find(What:="Over Due", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt _ :=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:...

I imported my address book from outlook express and cannot find i.
I just upgraded to Office 2003 with Microsoft Outlook 2003 and imported my Outlook express address book. When I go to address book in outlook, there is nothing there but the contacts list. Where did the distribution list and email addresses go. Thanks, Kathryn Kite AFLAC. Kathryn Kite AFLAC <Kathryn Kite AFLAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just upgraded to Office 2003 with Microsoft Outlook 2003 and > imported my Outlook express address book. When I go to address book > in outlook, there is nothing there but the contacts list. They went into your Contacts folde...