Filtering data on subforms

How can I filter data in a subform?
The subform is a datasheet linked to a parent form (field)

thanks!

Alberto R.
0
Alberto

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 22:37:14 -0500, "Alberto Rios" <albertorios1@aol.com>
wrote:

>How can I filter data in a subform?
>The subform is a datasheet linked to a parent form (field)

Base the subform on a Query selecting the records you want to see.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

"Excel duplicate problem-Duplicate Data"
Hi ! ALFA ! Thank You Very Very Vey Much !!! It's so simple to do it ! I cant believe it !!! This Method is better than Anurag.d teach me ! Ya ! It's excaellnet work ! According to the subject , i have a problems with the duplicate . 1.I have a workbook contained data in sheet 1 . 2.How to find out duplicate data in single column ? Last time I go to other forum , i get a formula =COUNTIF($#$@:$#$*,#@)=1 (example:=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$20,A2)=1 . It can prevent duplicate data key in . 3.I also have a formula to list out duplicate . The formula is =IF(COUNTIF($C$1:C1,C1)>1,"Dupli...

Pivot Tables/Charts and common filter
I have a set of data which is used to generate multiple pivots charts. Each set of pivot charts also runs from different data worksheets. However, for each chart the report filters need to remain the same. I was wondering if you can link the report filters together so that when you make a change to one filter all the filters change to the same selection. Is this possible? Thank you. Is an Excel 2007 VBA solution acceptable? If yes, provide sample data. ...

sum subform to form

sorting data, ignore "the"
Is there a way I can sort data and ignore the first word if it starts with "The"? Basically, I have an inventory list that has a lot of book titles that have "The" as the first word and I'd like skip the and sort by the second word. On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:28:32 -0800, "ZenMasta" <me@nospam.com> wrote: >Is there a way I can sort data and ignore the first word if it starts with >"The"? Basically, I have an inventory list that has a lot of book titles >that have "The" as the first word and I'd like skip the and ...

filtering nodes containiing qname valuies using xpath
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C46480.CEFBB390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi, while playing with the SAML specs I found that one must insert a = node like this if the call succeded <status xmlns:z=3Dmynamspace" ...=20 <z:statuscode result=3D"z:Sucess"/> ... How do I set up an XPATH filter that veriffies if the call succeed ? .. = I mean i cannot hardcode z:Success since another one could pass me out a = doc like this <x xmlns:k=3Dmynamspace&...

SubForm 02-06-08
I have a Form that has a subform link together by a field. I will like to know if I can Maximize the subform within the Main Form. Thanks is advance. -- Jeff On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:50:12 -0500, "jeff" <jeff@jeffscomputerservices.com> wrote: >I will like to know if I can Maximize the subform within the Main Form. No. You can change the size of the Subform container within the main form, in design view, but you can't dynamically change the size (have it superimpose itself over other controls, say). One option you might consider if you need screen space would be to ...

How can I keep the chart from showing "0" on linked data points
I am setting up a workbook with several sheets. One sheet one I am entering data with formulas to sum. On sheet two I am linking the sums to generate a running chart. All works well except the sums of columns with no data in them report "0" on the chart data cells causing the chart to show the graph line dropping to 0. I am trying to find out how to keep the chart from showing any data points with "0" in the data cell. In other words, I want the chart to grow as I add data to sheet one without data points on the chart until I enter the data. Thanks for any suggestions...

High light data
I have a spreadsheet that tracks water usage our city. There is a sheet that draws from another input sheet. The cell already has a formula in it, example ( =if(inputa3="","",inputa3). What I want to do is if the data is 1.4 or greater to be the color red so it stands out. Is this possible? Have tried several differant things with no success. THANKS !! What you need to look up in Excel help is "conditional formatting". -- David Biddulph "Jerry R" <JerryR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51624DB9-3BB6-4074-A4B7-91B...

Displaying linked data as zero
In a "daughter" spreadsheet with links to a "parent" spreadsheet, the daughter cells display the number "zero" when the parent cells are empty. I would like these daughter cells to be blank rather than display a zero. Anyone know how to accomplish that? THANK YOU, in advance ... Mark Hi Mark try something like =IF('sheet1'!A1="","",'sheet1'!A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark wrote: > In a "daughter" spreadsheet with links to a "parent" > spreadsheet, the daughter cells disp...

Compare two lists of data to find new entries
I currently run a daily report from a CRM database to monitor my sales teams activities with customers. Each activity has a 'unique' reference. My aim is to compare the report (which is in excel) from one day with the new report to show the new 'activities'. In simple terms I want to say if activity 'x' is in the new list the show the information from that row on a new worksheet so I can see at a glance the new activities. How about an alternative? Insert a new column near that unique reference (say column B is inserted and column A is the unique reference). T...

Data in sheet1 to be put into sheets 2, 3, 4, 5, etc
Sheet1 is my main table where all my data is collected from a race entry form. I need to seperate this info into different sheet which are for different age groups, The categories are Under 16: A, AL, Under 14 B, BL, and Under 12 C, CL, .... The letter A, B, C are for boys and the letters AL, BL, CL are for girls. I do not want to seperate the boys from the girls in each cat. How do I create a formula that will take curtain info across to each sheet and will not be effected if sorted into position order. My table is set out like this. No., Name, First Name, Surname, Club, DOB...

Moving data #3
I have data as follows: Row colB colC 50 data..... 5 51 data..... 52 data....... and 50 data...... 51 data........ 52 data........ 5 each of the above represents a dataset there is always at least one blank row between datasets The first dataset is fine. In the second, I would like to move '5' in C52 up to C50. I would like to loop through col C and test if the value in col C is at the start of the dataset.....if not, then move it to the ...

XY Scatter Chart
In Excel 2003, I was able to drag individual xy scatter point data to a new position on the actual graph. This was a great feature when one wanted to move data to get them to coalesce with a scanned curve that had been included in the graph background. I am not able to do this in Excel 2007. Does anybody know if this feature is available in Excel 2007? No. It isn't. -- David Biddulph "Darril" <Darril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A4CB226-1C8F-437C-BE49-A677E11F6F3D@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003, I was able to drag individual xy scatter...

Entering data and spanning adjacent cells
(Using EXCEL 2003) version 11+ I have a worksheet setup and using a number of fixed lengthed columns across the worksheet. I've entered my data in the columns. Now below the last entries, I want to type a sentence beginning in column A and expecting it to span across adjacent columns (B, C, D, whatever it takes.) When I do that, starting in colum A, the sentence fills in just Column A and word wraps. I don't want this. How can I get EXCEL to do what I want? ATDHVAANNKCSE Right click on the cell, and click Format Cells from the list. Choose the alignment tab, and de-selec...

Disappearing Data from User-defined Text Fields
Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both local and enterprise? Might be a sign of file corruption. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both > local and enterprise? > Or clear out your active cache... I've seen lots of issues there... -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Might be a sign of file corruption. > > > - Andrew Lavinsk...

auto post data to web form
Hi, I have a client that frequently copies and pastes a couple dozen fields from an MS Access form to a government web form (I don't know the URL at this time so I cannot provide that info here). I created the Access app for him. The web form is NOT something we have access to other than the fact that they can log in and fill in the information needed. I did not write the web app, nor did anyone in my client's office. We have no access to modify the behavior of the web form. In addition, I am not a web developer. I'd like to put a button on one of the forms in our MS Access app t...

Limiting Data Obatined By A Graph From A Spread Sheed
I would like to make a template to analyze data. I want to be able to just cut and paste the data into the template spread sheets with graphs and have it automatically process the info into the graphs. The problem is the number of data points are not always the same, so the range can not be set. Is there a way to set the range as all of the valid data in the column. Say set it to read all of the data in column A and stop taking data when it gets to empty cells. I'm not sure if this is possible. David, You can do this by creating a chart that works via dynamic named ranges. As...

Remove or delete lists/filters.
I have a spreadsheet with multiple list/filters across each column with the range of cells selected. I would like to delete or remove the majority of these lists/filters but retain the columns as they're populated. Can this be done? Cheers, Champ Hi, if what you want is to see only the information filtered after removing filters you will not be able to do that, what you can do is to copy the information filtered in another sheet and then remove the filters. To do that with the filters in place, select the range, press CTRL G, Special, Visible cells only, then press CTRL ...

How to create a filter to see sharing records
Hi, With standard view you can see My_Active or All_Active records. You can't assign a record to a team... How I can see all records that other users share with me? Seems I can't find anything in the filter related to Sharing... Simple example: Each sales (user) has individual contacts but also there are common contacts among them that they would like to see, share and update. How I can filter contacts assigned to me and shared with me? Thanks, Eugene ...

Limiting subform entries based on mainform field value
Hi, I am sure that someone has already asked (and got an answer) to my question, but I was not able to find the exact answer by searching through the previous topics. Big part of it is probably the fact that I am fairly new to Access, and probably was not searching for the right key words. But at any rate, here is my question. I am trying to build a form (with a subform) that allows consultants within a company to record their client consultations. So, here are the details. I have a mainform with the following fields: Clients (ClientID, Client Name), Client's membership status (Status) ...

reverse data
I have a column of price data which is random however it is in reverse order, that is the cells that are down the bottom need to be up the top and vice versa, how do I reverse the data without sorting it and getting it out of sequence? Assuming the data is in column A enter this formula in B1 and copy down: =INDIRECT("A"&21-ROW()) Adjust the 21 based on the number of records you have. This should be one more than the number of records so in my example the data was in A1:A20. Hope this helps Rowan megsie jack wrote: > I have a column of price data which is random however...

import data to sales
Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104 tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace als...

Formatting Data Tables in Charts
Can you highlight/fill individual cells, rows, or columns of a data table within a chart? Hi, No. Formatting of the chart data table is very limited. If possible use worksheet cells to display a data table. More info here, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm Cheers Andy Reddo wrote: > Can you highlight/fill individual cells, rows, or columns of a data table > within a chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi, No. Personally, data table are a real problem, for example if you have a lot of data, they're hopeless. ...

Summarizing multiple worksheet data
I have a workbook, which so far has three sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are to be used to track employee hours worked and what their pay is. One sheet per employee. The columns from left to right indicate the date, start time, stop time, time taken for lunch, hours worked for that day, and pay for that day based on a constant rate of pay. I've divided up the year into weeks, with the year beginning January 1 and ending December 31, each week begins with Sunday and ends with Saturday with the exception being the first day of the year and the last day of the year. At the bottom of e...

create invoice from excel data
Hi all, I am relatively new to using excel but a fast Learner I hope. I am secreatry of a semi vol local water supply group for about 450 customers and filling out the bi monthly invoices is rather tedious and time consuming to say the least . I want to calculate the following data and create an invoice for each customer. Name, Address, Bank Account No, Prevous Units, Present Units , Units Used , Cost Per unit, Free units, Total Cost ( ie units less free units * ?3.50) - Thats the easy bit But I want this information to be easilt transferred to an invoice which includes the bank acc...