filling down or pasting into multiple fields in table entry

Hi all. Hope you can help.

I occasionally need to enter info directly into a table. However,
when I do, I would like to enter the same value into a large
number of fields.

It would be nice if I could: copy, highlight the top, say - 50
fields in a column, and then paste the value into all of them in
one stroke. However, Access 2003 doesn't allow this. It just puts
the value into the first field.

Is there a simple way of doing this?

Thanks very much - in advance.

H.

--
Pontins History E-Mail: usenet@pontinshistory.co.uk
Please visit www.pontinshistory.co.uk

Use an apend querry.

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:20:03 +0000, Howie
<to.reply.pls.see.sig@end.of.message.com.invalid> wrote:

>Hi all. Hope you can help.
>
>I occasionally need to enter info directly into a table. However,
>when I do, I would like to enter the same value into a large
>number of fields.
>
>It would be nice if I could: copy, highlight the top, say - 50
>fields in a column, and then paste the value into all of them in
>one stroke. However, Access 2003 doesn't allow this. It just puts
>the value into the first field.
>
>Is there a simple way of doing this?
>
>Thanks very much - in advance.
>
>H.

0
Dan

Justify text across multiple columns
I have used Edit, Fill, Justify to fill rows with text within the boundaries of a set number of columns, but the text in each row is left justified. How do I justify the text (even spacing) in each row. If I highlight all of the text (multiple columns and rows) and then select Format, Cells, Alignment, Justify; Excel jams all the text into the first column. I know I could use a text box, but I'd prefer not to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -Dave Hi Dave, Select the cells you want to center on. Under Format > Alignment > Horizontal drop down > Center across se...

Multiple categories problem
In outlook 2003, I am trying to assign categories to a mail item. It works fine if i attach only one category, but if i try to select more than one then outlook combines the selected categories to a string joined with the '_' character. then if i try to open the category window again, instead of showing the 2 categories selected, it shows a new one which is the concatenation of the 2 category titles. Example if I select the categories 'Jokes' and 'Tips' then a new category is creaed with the name of 'Jokes_Tips' P.s. this happens only on one pc, i have a diff...

telephone entries in contacts
What is the best way to enter a telephone number for a contact that is not in the regular list of available entries (i.e. home, business, home2, assistant, etc.)? A contact(say Bill Jones) has a beach home telephone and a telephone number when he stays with "Aunt Mary" in California. I do not need to set up the beach home address or Aunt Mary as separate contacts. I just want to list these as telephone numbers for Bill Jones. or what if I want to list the "teenagers" phone for a family. There does not seem to be a way to modify the set names for the telephone list...

Two table query not giving expected result
I have two tables, contacts and companies, which are related by the companyID. The value in the contacts tables is a result from the input form where for avery contact one can choose the company using a combobox. Now I would like to populate a list box using a query which as input uses either the name (first or last) form one table or the company name from the second table. (lets assume that in the contacts table a lot of names are the same and that in the company table every record is unique) I use the following query to limit the output to the selected values: SELECT Contacts.ContactID,Cont...

Multiple Custom Toolbars
Hi All, I have just been "upgraded" to Office 2007 from 2002 and been able to create several custom toolbars (thanks to all the helpful info from Dave P, Debra D and Ron DB to be able to get this far!!) What I'm now finding is that my toolbar menus seem to copying the previous toolbar's settings and macros. The "new" toolbar works ok when I first create it and add the add-in, but at some point it seems to lose it's link and just duplicates the original toolbar's info. If I remove and re-add the offending add-in toolbar it works as expecte...

Empty to Field on Sent Email
We are experiencing some issues after upgrading from Office 2000 to 2003. Some sent emails have an empty to field. The emails are being delivered ok & we are not receiving any NDR's A quick search on google and quite a few people are experiencing this problem but I can't see a fix. -- Niaz Niaz <usenetkhan@gmail.com> wrote: > We are experiencing some issues after upgrading from Office 2000 to > 2003. Some sent emails have an empty to field. > > The emails are being delivered ok & we are not receiving any NDR's > > A quick search on google an...

auto-fill in address line
How do I get Outlook to auto-fill my addresses Thanks Gail, Go to: Tools, Option, Preferences Tab, E-Mail Options, Advanced E-Mail Aptions and check the box next to "Suggest names when completing To:, Cc:, and Bcc: fields. The autocomplete information isn't stored in a contact folder. It is stored in a separate system file called an NK2 or autocomplete file. That file can be opened using a commercially available editor called Owtlook found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm if you're interested. If the above options are turned on and it still isn't working for you, tr...

Phantom tables
After adding and deleting numerous tables in a Word 2003 document and updating my list of tables a few times, I get phantom table entries in my list of tables. Some have no number or caption, but the leader is there and a page number, and they throw off the numbering by causing the next table to be numbered as if the phantom table were really there. Other entries in the list of tables are just random bits of text that appear as if they were tables. I have tried to find hidden codes or mis-applied styles, to no avail. I'm hoping someone can help me find these phantoms. Wo...

Multiple select option
I want a macro snippet to produce a message box with about 6 options to set a variable value in the macro when it is run. It could be a drop down menu or radio buttons or multiple choice in a message box. Something like a case statement maybe Select Case 'from box or drop down menu or radio button picked' Case1 Location="Amarillo" Case2 Location="San Diego" Etc. End Select On 1/27/10 6:26 AM, in article C7858D1A.EB7D%gene@WirelessEngineeringCorp.com, "Gene Augustin" <gene@Wirele...

Match Multiple Deposits to one Recurning Deposit???
I have set up a Recuring Deposit for what my roomate pays me for rent. It is setup as a manual deposit, fixed amount, and to be automatically added to my register. She has a tendency to pay me from two seperate accounts -- (1) a check, which I deposit into checking account (2) a direct transer from her checking to my checkking account The amounts change from month to month with regards to what she pays by check and transfers directly into my checking account. Is there a way to match up the 2 payments/deposits to my recurring deposit? ...

Change Field BackColours When A Tickbox Is True 03-29-10
Hi I am trying to figure out how to change certain fields when a tickbox is ticked to the value of True. My Tickbox is named WDAccessed. I have tried the following; Private Sub WDAccessed_Click() If Me![WDAccessed] = True Then Me![FullName.BackColour] = 255 Colour Red Me![WorkDueDate.BackColour] = 255 Colour Red Else Me![FullName.BackColour] = -2147483643 Normal BackColour Me![WorkDueDate.BackColour] = 2147483643 Normal BaclColour End If End Sub Any help would be great.....Cheers Me.ControlName.BackColor = ...

Importing multiple text files to spreadsheet
Just wondering if anyone might know if there's a way to automate this problem: I have 200 text files that need to be imported to 1 worksheet on Excel. - each file should be imported to 1 column in the Excel worksheet - the 'next' file imported to the next column - thus after the import, there should be 200 filled columns - starting with zero columns filled ??? Any ideas? ========================== FYI: essentially, i'm trying to get information from the text files - which represent 1 record - to a database, & i'm using a spreadsheet to do this coz after the i...

multiple y axis in xy chart
is there any options or macros avialable for creating multiple y axis in the xy chart. my application is that i want plot a graph for various values at a time as the list below x y1 y2 y3 y4 10.00pm 0.5 1000 10 50 10.30 pm 0.6 1200 20 150 like the above datas the scale in y1 axis is 0 to 1.0 and y2 axis is 0 to 1200. and y3 is o to 50 and y4 is o to 250 in the excel the possibilites are only two y axis can be drawn how to include third and fourth y axis can any one help me out -- sivaprakasam Take a look here: http:...

Multiple Query Report- Really Need HELP!
I have 3 queries 1.) Count of Employee ID by Department - table 1 2.) Count of Employee ID by Category - Table 3 3.) Count of Employee ID by Final Action Table 3 These three queries all have a count on the employee id. I would like to put them all on 1 report instead of three separate reports. I have done some researching, but not found comprehensive instructions on how to do a union query. So far I've been able to combine the employee id numbers, but its no help since dept is in one table and category & final action are in another...am I missing something? On...

Field Populates in Form, Not in Table (Was "Leading Zeros Lost in Concatenation")
I think I'm closer. I confess to being a newbie when it comes to using functions in Access, but I finally got my form to look as desired by putting the following in my Control Source for the field: =Format([Figure Identifier],"0000000" & [Description] & ".eps"). So far, so good. http://s28.quicksharing.com/v/5304419/controlsource.jpg.html The table tied to the form was imported in Access from Excel, and the form was then built on the table. Within the table, however, this field is not populating when adding new records. Only the initial row, which was populat...

go to next cell and paste question
I am writing a macro that is supposed to take certain cells from a "interface" page, remove them, and paste to a string of cells o another. That is easy, but I cant figure out how to make them go t another set of cells, if the ones I recorded are filled. Example: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/4/2004 by Lane Lacy ' ' ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=17 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 239 ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=10 Range("IV2:IV7").Select Selection.Copy Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Cut Sheets("productivity&qu...

Use Multiples for Promotions in Extended Pricing
How can I, use Multiples instead of Intervals for Promotios in Extended Pricing? -- Regards, MMolina ...

unwanted resizing when copy-pasting embedded charts
When looking at a worksheet at any zoom factor other than 100% copy-pasting an embedded chart multiplies the original chart size b this zoom factor. Since I prefer to work with zoom factor 75%, paste charts always get smaller than their original copy. Thus, the only wa I know to obtain pasted copies at the original size is by firs switching to zoom factor 100%. This is most likely a bug of Excel bu if any of you knows a way to correct this counterintuitive behavior please let me know. Thanx! (I'm using Excel 2003. -- holg3 -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Make-table querie to a protected database
Hello, I'm trying to run a "make-table" querie that will create a table on protected database but, every time I try to run the querie, I get a message saying that the password is wrong. The command line that in the querie is G:\PRIMAVERA Software\BaseDados\MET04_LP5_OF2003.mdb ";PWD=PASSWORD" and the password is correct. Can someone help me. Thanks, Paulo Ferreira "Paulo Ferreira" wrote: > I'm trying to run a "make-table" querie that will create a table on > protected database but, every time I try to run the querie, I get a >...

Temp Table Context Problem In SP called by trigger?
Hello all, I'm getting an error 208 (Invalid Object) when I try to call a stored procedure using a trigger, but only if the code hits the CATCH block. If I run the same sp with the same parameters from a query window, the code hits the CATCH block but it executes fine. Any ideas here? Does the temp table somehow go out of context or get dumped? The 208 error occurs in the CATCH block at the "UPDATE #usp_mp_transactions... " line. Again, if I run this in a query window, I get an error 2627 which is caught and corrected in the CATCH block and life goes on. ...

multiple domains #5
Hi, We are having problems when trying to send e-mails from two of our domains in our HQ. We have three domains. One is in our HQ(mail hosted on exchange 2003 sp1) and two are on a dedicated linux servers in hosting companies abroad. mail is delivered to our HQ for our main domain and to the individial linux servers for the two domains. We do however have an application that needs to send mail from any of the three domains. Initially this application used to use our exchange server to send the mail for all three domains, but in december yahoo stopped accepting mail for mailboxes that ...

Change Font Size on Multiple Charts at the same time
Hi, I have about 60 charts in a workbook and would like to change all of the font sizes - title, axis, labels to a different font size. Is there a way to do this with a macro? I also have some text boxes placed on the charts and would like to change them as well. Thanks! This macro should change the font sizes in the chart area and textboxes: Sub Resize_Fonts() Dim Sht As Worksheet Dim Cht As ChartObject For Each Sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets For Each cht In Sht.ChartObjects Cht.Chart.ChartArea.Font.Size = 10 Next cht Next Sht End Sub ------...

Access 2003 populating form fields
I am trying to figure out how to populate address fields and subform information in a form automatically when I select a business name in a pull down. I have created the query for the pull down but I cannot figure out how to populate the related fields. WE, If I understand you correctly, then this article may be of interest: http://accesstips.datamanagementsolutions.biz/lookup.htm -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP WEinLaguna wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to populate address fields and subform > information in a form automatically when I select a business name in ...

Using Mail merge to fill out a form
I have created a form which I am going to mail out to members of a group. I am merging from a member database to fill out the form as much as I can. This is for renewing membership into the club. I have a field called family/single in my database which has an "s" or a "f" in it. On my form, I have two fields with checkboxes. One called Family and the other called Single. Is there a way that I can interrogate the database field and place an "X" in the appropriate checkbox on the form for family or single? TIA! Pat Hi, Patrick - You are using Publisher...

Move field focus to the quantity after item is scanned.
In the current version 2.0 when in the POS Sales Screen, after scanning or using F2 to lookup an item and clicking enter, the focus changes to the next blank line for the next item entry. It would be more advantageous from some customers point of view if the focus instead of moving to the next free line jumped to the quantity field instead. That way for those customers that have special entry needs they wouldn't have to move back a line to enter this information manually. If there was no change, ie. the quantity is one then all the user would have to do is hit the 'Enter'...