Fault in transferral of result from form to query

Hi,

What is wrong?
In a form I have a combo box - when a choice has been made the result should
be saved i the query (where it is defined). It works partly

The result from the form - 2155931
the result in the query     - 215            (the last 4 numbers dissappers)

How do I fix this?

--
MSF

Perhaps there's a matter of terminology at work here.

In Access, data is stored in tables, not in forms, and not in queries.

On your form, is your combo box "bound" to any field?  (You did mention
something about a query, so which field from the query is it bound to?)  If
you open the query in design view, check the properties of that field --
what data type and what decimal places property?

A query is based on a field in a table.  Go to the table in design view.
Find the field and check the properties here, too.

Finally, check the form in design view.  Do you have any code running
"behind the form"?  Is it affecting this field?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"MSF" <MSF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> What is wrong?
> In a form I have a combo box - when a choice has been made the result
> should
> be saved i the query (where it is defined). It works partly
>
> The result from the form - 2155931
> the result in the query     - 215            (the last 4 numbers
> dissappers)
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> --
> MSF

0
Jeff
11/2/2007 2:53:34 PM
Hi experts,

I guess I did not explain my self clearly. I'll try and illustrate:
BEHIND FORM
table 1			table 2
x	text	=	x	text
y 	text		z	number  (standardvalue=0)

	BEHIND COMBOBOX
	table 3
	z	number
	a	text
	b	number

when a choice have been made in the combobox it should be saved in z.
I have checked the properties between the fields - they match, so the
problem ishouldn't be there.

Hope you can point me in the rigth direction. (I havent got VBA codes
running behind the form.)

regards

--
MSF

"Jeff Boyce" skrev:

> Perhaps there's a matter of terminology at work here.
>
> In Access, data is stored in tables, not in forms, and not in queries.
>
> On your form, is your combo box "bound" to any field?  (You did mention
> something about a query, so which field from the query is it bound to?)  If
> you open the query in design view, check the properties of that field --
> what data type and what decimal places property?
>
> A query is based on a field in a table.  Go to the table in design view.
> Find the field and check the properties here, too.
>
> Finally, check the form in design view.  Do you have any code running
> "behind the form"?  Is it affecting this field?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>

> "MSF" <MSF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is wrong?
> > In a form I have a combo box - when a choice has been made the result
> > should
> > be saved i the query (where it is defined). It works partly
> >
> > The result from the form - 2155931
> > the result in the query     - 215            (the last 4 numbers
> > dissappers)
> >
> > How do I fix this?
> >
> > --
> > MSF

Problem with sizing Sub Forms on tabbed forms
Hi, I have an existing application that was designed with several seperate forms. They now want to convert that to a tabbed interface. I have sized the forms uniformly such that they all fit the tabbed control pages. When I load them onto the tabbed pages though they all show differently. Some show large white margins on the bottom but do not show the whole form. Others show similar effects on the right side. Am I missing some magic setting?? Thanks Frustrated The subform is sitting in a holder. You want to re-size the holder, not the subform. Go out to the edge ...

passthrough query question
Just to be clear. I can NOT create a passthrough query that references a form control for criteria. I would have to generate a stored SQL with the value of that control, then execute it IF so... If I create a stored dummy query as a passthrough query, do I need to do anything special when I replace the dummy query with the real query, or when I run it (from code) to keep it as a passthrough query? Phil I would create a pass-through with the proper connection string and any SQL statement. Then use a little DAO code to update the SQL property of the existing P-T query. ...

Search/Match between 2 x separate Worksheets and populate result in third worksheet
I have 2 x databases that i have copied as a text file and pasted into two separate worksheets in the one workbook. The first worksheet of data has come from a new database which lists all current jobs and quotes for supervisors. The second worksheet of data has come from the financial database which list all current jobs and all old jobs. I wish to produce a search/find which will populate the third worksheet with only current jobs (not old jobs and not quotes), which will also bring all of the finacial data listed in the same row of each successfull match. The first worksheet contains a ...

pasted record in locked form crashes database
i have a form with a subform and on the main form i have a toggle button that locks the subform.. with this code [Forms]![F_Parts_Search]![F_Parts_Browse_All].Locked = bLock this worked fine until i found out that a record can be selected and pasted but then because of a unique index on a control you cant move on and cant edit the field with the unique index so youre stuck.. i cant seem to get the following code to prevent additions if that is what i want to do?? i get a runtime error 438 "object does not support this property or method block is a boolean Me![F_Parts_Bro...

Dynamcially change sort order on continuous form
Hi, I’m using Access via XP Office with Office XP3. I’ve looked through the forum and while I saw similar, I did not see the answer to this question. I want to create a continuous form that will display the results of a query. I want the user to be able to click on the heading to change the sort order of the query. I noticed that the labels do not have any events, so I am guessing that I will have to make the column heading text boxes so I can have a click event. Is that correct? I’m also guessing that I’ll have to disable those text boxes? If I do that, will the click...

Jump from a checkbox to a text field in a form
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel My form has a question to answer with either a Yes or a No labelled checkbox. If the user clicks Yes, the next section has a series of questions based on the Yes response. If the user clicks the No checkbox, I would want that section of nonrelevant questions bypassed by a jump to a field in a different section of the form. The jump should be initiated by the value in the No checkbox (&quot;Run macro on exit&quot;). There should be a way to do this using VBA (I have Word 2004) but the Word Help does not fles...

Select transactions before "a certain date" by using a form
I have a table, filled with everyday transactions. I have a form, based on the table mentioned above. I'd like to: 1) When user input the date into a textbox, i'd like to retrieve all transaction before (or after) the date input by the user. 2) Is that possible to use a calendar to do so ? Dear experts, thanks a lot ! - -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit Use the AfterUpdate event procedure of the text box where the user enters this date, to apply a Filter to the form. You may also need a combo (or option group) beside the text box so the user can choose whether they wa...

I need some help with Forms fast....
I have 3 tables and 3 forms, what I want to do is after I open the first form and go to the second form I need the first field to be connected to the other 2 forms. That is just the first tab in my main form. When I open the other 2 forms I want to automatic have the first field filled with the information that's in the 1st field. It's paln name and the other 2 forms also have plan names so I just made it on the first form. Thanks Teelee, There may be some problems doing what you want to do. If the second (or third) form displays existing table data when you open it, the existi...

Union Query 02-15-08
I am trying to query 5 .mdb files which have their own tables, queries, reports. Each DB table covers a product such as snack food, soda, water, milk, ice cream based on customer purchases. There are obviously duplicate customers in each table. All customers have a unique ID such as DFW123, FTW123, HOU457 etc. This ID does appear in all 5 database tables since they may buy all products. I need to get a query to provide this for each : CustomerID, StoreName, Address, City, Zip, Snack Food, Soda, Water, Milk, IC (the above would be the columns) CustomerID, StoreName, Address, City, Z...

How do I use Access forms to input excel 2002 data?
I have downloaded and installed the Accesslinks option from the MS website. The Excel help feature tells me that I should see a couple of 'MS blahblahblah' options on my "Data" menu once I have this installed and have checked off the appropriate "Add-in" option. I do not see this on my "Data" menu, so I am wondering what is wrong. ...

How to make result of query like text box?
I have a query that returns one value. I want this to take as small a space on the form as possible. How to put it on a form without the scroll bars and all that stuff I do not need? On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:12:16 GMT, tom wrote: > I have a query that returns one value. I want this to take > as small a space on the form as possible. How to put > it on a form without the scroll bars and all that stuff > I do not need? The query returns just one value? Using an Unbound text control on the form: =DLookUp("[FieldName]","QueryName") -- Fred Please respond o...

Problem with Update query 06-19-07
Hi, I have inhertied a database that is full of inconsistencies. I would like to correct that. I know that I can apply a input mask but that will be only for new records. I need to fix the existing data. For example, with the home phone number some data is stored as xxxxxxxxxx and others as (xxx) xxx-xxxx. I would like all the data to be in the 2nd format but I am having some problem setting up the update query. table: tblNamelist field: Home The UPdate query is: UPDATE tblNameList SET tblNameList.Home = "(" & Left([Home],3) & ") " & Mid([Home],4,3) & &q...

show a Query value in a form
I am attemptiing to show a query value in a form but am unable to get it to display? I have a formula running in a query, based on information inputted by operators in a form. But they need to see the formula based on the data entry directly after entry. I placed a field in the form but am unable to get it to display the query result. Also, I need a discussion field to contain more than 255 characters! Access 2007 limits me to 255??? Is there a way around this? Any help would be great. Thanks Hi You could requery the specific control on the form and you could change the text box t...

currency addition results inaccurate
Please help, I'm trying to add currencies that were the result of hours multiplied by rate but the sum is not comimg out quite accurate. Eg: hour rate total 8:10 $7.50 $61.25 8:45 $7.50 $65.63 4:05 $7.50 $30.63 7:25 $7.50 $55.63 10:09 $7.50 $76.13 2:58 $7.50 $22.25 7:25 $7.50 $55.63 10:09 $7.50 $76.13 2:58 $7.50 $22.25 $465.50 function for hour :=+(C4-B4)-D4 (which is the result of previous calculation not shown) no function for rate cells - just number put into cell function used for...

CurrentPrincipal for Thread seems to give wrong result
Hello! If I run the code below I get the following result Name: IsAuthenticated: False AuthenticationType: So I thought I would get the name I used when logging in to the computer and that IsAuthenticated should be true because the computer should Authenticate me when I logging into the computer. Thread t = Thread.CurrentThread; System.Security.Principal.IPrincipal threadPrincipal = Thread.CurrentPrincipal; Console.WriteLine("Name: {0}\nIsAuthenticated: {1}" + "\nAuthenticationType: {2}", threadPrincipal.Id...

Help with Subform in a subform within main form
I am designing a data entry form with two subforms within, but ran into some problem I cannot put a subform within a subform in a main form. What I would like to achieve are the followings: 1) main form - when user open, it will have an unbound field for them to select their IDnumber from the drop down list. 2) Once user input their IDNumber, enable the subform inside the main form for data entry. The field name "IDnumber" is automatically bounded to the drop down field. So user just input the Date, Part#, Oper, Time, Comments fields. Ps. if they did 2 part#, user can input mult...

Update Table Value Based Upon Form Entry
I have two tables 1) vendor list and 2) Financial Data... The vendor list holds the vendors information, the financial data houses certain key information from the vendors financials for each quarter. As I update the form that populates the financial data with the financial statement date 1Q10 (First quarter 2010) I want Access to update the vendor list table to indicate that the 1Q financial statement has been received. Essentially, need access to CLICK the box indicating the statements have been received. Any ideas on how to make that happen? I've tried default val...

When "IF" gives result of zero
In Excel 2000 on a UK keyboard, """" will check for, or leave, a cell blank. Having used the "IF" function I want to leave the the result cell displaying a blank . How can I get the same result with Excel 2007? It works the same in 2007. What are you getting? HTH Bob "drus" <drus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B0C9262-6716-4D04-9379-90528C87F28F@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 on a UK keyboard, """" will check for, or leave, a cell > blank. > Having used the "IF" functi...

Re: Forms
I uploaded my web pages that I created with publisher and it seemed to work just fine. I went to my website and it looks good except that when I test my forms, the submit buttons aren't sending the information to my email like I have it set up to do. What do I need to check? My first guess is that either your FPSE are not enabled, or that you corrupted them by using FTP uploading protocol. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 : http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then read the article about using HTTP uploading protocol and perhaps the trou...

Assign control source to popup form
I have a main form that contains multiple memo type text boxes. I'd like to be able to double click on one of the text boxes and have a popup form open with a large text box that then gets it's source from the main forms text box, so that users can view all or most of the text without having to use the scroll bar. The data also needs to be updatable. I'm having trouble figuring this out...I'm sure it's simple, but it's eluding me -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try pressing Shift+F2 while in your memo field. -- Allen Browne - Mic...

template and fill in form
I hope someone can help me. I am working on a business card template for our company. The company logo will already be printed on the business card, the employee will only need to fill in their own information. We have hundreds of employees and I want to card to look the same for everyone. I want to make a template that the employee can open and once they start filling in their own info, the required font is already in place with the spacing and everything. I think this is possible in word, but it would be so much easier to work with in Publisher. Anyone know how?? Thank you so much in...

datasheet form 05-31-07
how can i change the datasheet gray back color? On 31 May 2007 02:27:27 -0700, yaelandezra@gmail.com wrote: >how can i change the datasheet gray back color? AFAIK, you can't. You can build the form with the Continuous view, then set the control's Backstyle to Transparent, then set the form's Detail section backcolor as needed. With a small amount of effort, you can make the Continuous form look just like the Datasheet view Scott McDaniel scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com www.infotrakker.com ...

Printing a report from a form for a single record
Hello At the moment, I have a created a button to print a report but unfortunately it prints out all the reports and not for a particular record. How do I set it so that it would only print the report for the current record selected? Thank you in advance. Check Access HELP -- look for the complete syntax on the DoCmd.OpenReport command. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. ...

Populate form txtBox with current User & Date
I'm in need of the code or syntax to autopopulate txtBox1 with th current time & date and txtBox2 with the current User in an excel form This is necessary to record who made changes to the data and when i was done. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Canuc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Canuck, Try something like the following: Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" _ (ByVa...

Navigating
Is there a way to skip a field when a yes/no box is checked? If a YES is in field A, I want to next go to field D and continue my tab order from there. If field A is not YES, then you go to field B. Thanks "DonElston" <DonElston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D9A992F-9D80-49F3-88FA-5D8A51B80E7B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to skip a field when a yes/no box is checked? > > If a YES is in field A, I want to next go to field D and continue my tab > order from there. If field A is not YES, then you go to field B. > > > Thanks...