Expression comparing fields from 2 forms

Can I palce a text box in a form with an expression to compare 2 fields? one
from the main form and one from a subform? The following is not working
=[VehiclesDayMiles:Opening MilesT]-[VehiclesDayMilesLastByGroupQ:
LastOfClosing Miles]

Thanks

Quinto

quinto

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:29:44 GMT, "quinto via AccessMonster.com" <u35571@uwe>
wrote:

>Can I palce a text box in a form with an expression to compare 2 fields? one
>from the main form and one from a subform? The following is not working
>=[VehiclesDayMiles:Opening MilesT]-[VehiclesDayMilesLastByGroupQ:
>LastOfClosing Miles]
>
>Thanks
>
>Quinto

Bear in mind that a subform will typically contain many records. Do your
fieldnames actually contain colons??? Are these table fields or controls on
the form - if controls, are they bound to table fields or is the subform field
in the form footer or the like?

TRY this (though I rather doubt it will work):

=[VehiclesDayMiles:Opening MilesT] -
[Subformname].Form![VehiclesDayMilesLastByGroupQ:
LastOfClosing Miles]

where Subformname is the name of the Subform control (which might or might not
be the same as the name of the form within that control).

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
1/17/2008 6:22:08 AM
Thanks you.

I decided to post the numbers for reference only.
Last day closing miles should be less than today's opening miles.
I was going to put in an expression and a conditional format that if the
result was negative it would show in bold red.

Thanks again
Quinto

John W. Vinson wrote:
>>Can I palce a text box in a form with an expression to compare 2 fields? one
>>from the main form and one from a subform? The following is not working
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>>
>>Quinto
>
>Bear in mind that a subform will typically contain many records. Do your
>fieldnames actually contain colons??? Are these table fields or controls on
>the form - if controls, are they bound to table fields or is the subform field
>in the form footer or the like?
>
>TRY this (though I rather doubt it will work):
>
>=[VehiclesDayMiles:Opening MilesT] -
>[Subformname].Form![VehiclesDayMilesLastByGroupQ:
>LastOfClosing Miles]
>
>where Subformname is the name of the Subform control (which might or might not
>be the same as the name of the form within that control).
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

quinto
1/21/2008 5:48:11 PM
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:48:11 GMT, "quinto via AccessMonster.com" <u35571@uwe>
wrote:

>Thanks you.
>
>I decided to post the numbers for reference only.
>Last day closing miles should be less than today's opening miles.
>I was going to put in an expression and a conditional format that if the
>result was negative it would show in bold red.

Ok... did your question get answered? Is it working now?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
1/22/2008 6:47:59 PM
I did not try it yet because I went with an alternastive way but I will as
try it as make other changes.
It seams that every day I come up with something to make more user friendlier.
I dont think I will ever stop adding to this project.

Thanks

Quinto

John W. Vinson wrote:
>>Thanks you.
>>
>>I decided to post the numbers for reference only.
>>Last day closing miles should be less than today's opening miles.
>>I was going to put in an expression and a conditional format that if the
>>result was negative it would show in bold red.
>
>Ok... did your question get answered? Is it working now?
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

quinto

XPath expression with namespace
Hello I am trying to use SelectSingleNode in an XMLDocument for a node that has namespace defined. My problem is the XPath for the node with no namespace defined works as soon as I put namespace it returns nothing. Help KB Can you post your sample so we can take a look at it? Thanks, Hoang Nguyen -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best d...

Install #2
I just installed GP10 on a users Windows 7 machine. I went through the process, then changed the dynamics.set file to report to the reports.dic file on the server as we are connecting to a remote server. When I open GP it says I must use utilities first. Fine, GP re-opens in utilities. Then it gives me the option to "Update modified forms and reports? which I do, it points to the local reports.dic, which is odd, but ok. when I click process it errors out saying "reports.dic: unable to open. Any ideas??? Thanks, Matt ...

TO field blank in Outlook 2003 intermittently
Other people have had this problem, but I've yet to find a solution. When sending new messages, replying to messages, etc. Outlook 2003 users will send messages that are missing the TO field information on receipt. If they check Sent Items, the TO fields are also blank. Sometimes if sending to three people, one will show or none. No rhyme or reason to it. Using Exchange 5.5 SP4, btw, which seems to be a common theme. Will this happen when you use Outlook 2003 on a stand alone computer. Check out if this happens only when you have Outlook in an exchange server environment. If t...

send/receive settings #2
My co-worker and I are both having a problem with setting the leave a copy on the server. We click the box for saving and choose the amount of days to leave on the server. Then when we close outlook and reopen it is gone. The box is no longer checked to save email on the server. What's happening?? Is there a fix for this problem? ...

sent email #2
I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items HOWEVER the people never receive it. Any suggestions? I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the problem. hairbychemo wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. > > When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items > HOWEVER > the people never receive it. > > Any suggestions? > > I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the > problem. Do you get the mail? Basically, once a messa...

Changing case #2
Is there an easy way to change the case of a block of cells containing data from lower case to upper case? If you want to change the case of cell A1 to uppercase, use the following equation: =upper(A1) "Peter Downes" <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:exy7jcPcFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to change the case of a block of cells containing data > from lower case to upper case? > > A1: abc B1: =UPPER(A1) ---> ABC C1: =PROPER(A1) ---> Abc HTH Ola -- olasa -------------------------------------------------------------...

2 cash drawers, one closing ????
We have a POS computer with 2 cash drawers, since its two cashiers that works the station at the same shift. My question is, is there a way to have 2 closing? one per cash drawer / cashiers? This sins since both cash drawers are in the same shift and both start with a petty cash. Whats the recommended way to work a shift with 2 cash drawers/cashiers and to properly square off the shift? ...

Compare Data
Let's say I want to compare data thusly: I have two columns of numbers, G and N. Column G has more numbers than column N, and includes every number in column N. In each cell in column O is a string associated with the number in column N. I want to comare a number in column N with all the numbers in column G and when I find a match, copy the string in column O to the appropriate cell in column M. I want to repeat this process until all the strings in column O have been matched to their numbers in column G. Whew! So. How do I do this? Thanks, Tommy One way: M1: =VLOOKU...

Exchange 5.5 & W2k SP4 #2
Hi, Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 and Windows2000 server sp4. thnx Michiel Runs just fine here. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821543 MightyM wrote: > Hi, > > Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 > and Windows2000 server sp4. > > thnx > > Michiel -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

Dynamic range #2
In C2:C65 I have dates as follows (DK standard): 01-01-01 01-02-01 01-03-01 etc. indicating January 2001, February 2001, March 2001 and so on up to 01-04-06 (indicating April 2006) in cell C65. In about a fortnight new data will appear i C66: (01-05-06) and later on C67: (01-06-06) etc. I know how to create a dynamic range if I always had to start from the top, but here I want to be able to enter for example 01-01-05 in cell H1 and the dynamic range should now be, not from the top, but from the cell C51 (which holds 01-01-05) and as far down as I (just now) have data. Hans Knudsen I fou...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

count based on another field
I have a table in my database which records when a case is marked by an assessor. The table shows the case number, the assessor ID that the case has been assigned to and also an indicator to determine whether or not the case is closed. I need the query to show: The assessor ID number The number of cases assigned to a particular assessor the number of cases assigned to a particular assessor that are incomplete The first two are fine, however, how do I limit the last part of the query to show only the cases assigned to each assessor? thanks <barrynichols@gmail.com> wrote in message...

Microsoft Excel #2
Why can't I close my Excel application by clicking the x button in the upper right hand corner of the application. This is Excel 2002. Is there a way to do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Seum Is the "x" button grayed out and unavailable? Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-i...

Only show one name of DL in To Field
I would like to use a distribution list and when the recipients receive the message have them only see their name in the To field and no one elses. Is this possible. Thanks Have you tried just putting the distribution list in the Bcc (blind carbon copy) field. If it isn't showing click View > Bcc field "Ann" <trotto@beckercollege.edu> wrote in message news:123e01c3c3f4$ba55fd60$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to use a distribution list and when the > recipients receive the message have them only see their > name in the To field and no one elses. Is this...

Drawing Graphs #2
Hello, I need to write an application that displays multiple graphs on multiple tabbed sheets in a single window. The graphs are all simple X-Y line graphs like you'd see on an oscilloscope, but with labeled coordinates. I need everything (including the fonts if possible) to scale as I resize the window. I'm debating about using MFC or C#. Is there some standard class or set of functions that supports such graphs or do I need to write my own from the ground up (or buy a 3rd party package)? We've already done this in Java but I'd like to get rid of the Java and r...

DATA DUMP WARNING #2
Maybe the ultimate lesson in this is backup backup backup. Do backups early and often. and use a large cycle - don't write a backup onto the immediately previous media! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11095315...

Transfer from Outlook Express to Outlook
Same/similar concern as Jim. Used Outlook Express on old computer, now bought a new DELL & want to use Outlook. How do I transfer folders, all e-mails, address book, and favorites to Outlook? ...

Can't follow hyperlink in Outlook Express
Dear Reader, I use Outlook Express to read-email. I cannot click a hyperlink and go to an internet site from within an email message in Outlook Express. If I try to do so, the computer locks up and I must turn the power off. Do you know why this may be happening? Is there a setting within Outlook Express that controls whether a user can go to a hyperlink from an email message? If I open Internet Explorer and then go back to Outlook Express and copy the Web address that the hyperlink points to and then go back to Internet Explorer and paste the copied URL into the address box and press e...

Search Performance & Indexing
Hi there, Does anyone know what the search performance is like with a few hundred thousand records on a custom 'account number' field? The out-of-box deployment indexes a few fields, and I am assuming it is unsupported to change these indexes. I have read through the performance papers from Microsoft and they have benchmark tested against few million records without any issues - but primarily these searches were done on out-of box fields. Any thoughts and advise on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Error message with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2 Not enough storage is available
Hi everybody, I need some help. With CAPICOM 2.1.0.1, when I try to store certificates from a smart card I use Store := CoStore.Create; Cert:=CreateComObject(CLASS_Certificate) as ICertificate2; Store.Open(CAPICOM_SMART_CARD_USER_STORE, 'MY',CAPICOM_STORE_OPEN_READ_ONLY); without any problem. I have updated with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2, and the same code produces an error message:"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" when store.open. I need use this library. My os is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002. SP3. My Internet e...

I have MS Office XP Prof. & need System Office pack 2.0 or later
I just recently installed the Windows 7 Operating System on my computer. I use Microsoft Office XP Professional as my office software. While editing a document I received the following message: " The Office Assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the Office System Pack." Where can I get this? The link to request a hotfix is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=969168&kbln=en-us> The full article is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168> hth Sabrina wrote: > &g...

Org Chart:1 Manager 2 Sections
How do I divide two work sections of employees under one manager? I tried arranging the first set of staff under a vertical alignment and wrapping a team frame around them, but when I add positions to create the 2nd team, they are aligned the same. If I arrange the employees horizontally, members are randomly assigned to the left or right, breaking the team arrangments. ...

Column missing from Inbox -- Outlook Express
The "Priority" column has dissapeared from my Inbox in Outlook Express! How can I get it back without re-installing? The same column has also dissapeared from the columns list accessed by right-clicking the column headings and choosing "Columns" so it really is lost and I cannot get it back in the usual way. Any suggestions? N.B. The main Inbox for normally downloaded email which is located at the top of the folter list still has all its columns. The problem is with the HTTP Inbox from which I access my Hotmail account in Outlook Express. The column is still present on Ho...

Need help setting up fields on a liquor store import file.
What is the best way to set up the fields on the excel sheet (import) for a liquor store. Should I put the size of the bottle with the extended description or should i put the size in the sub description? I also have sku's (item lookup codes) for each child item but do not have one for the parent (a case of the product). How should I handle this? Do I make up my own lookup codes or should i just not use the parent child relationship and store everything as a child? What benefits does each one have? I always include the size in the primary description field. I always keep the d...

format numbers #2
I have a list of audio books in an excel 2003 spreadsheet. One column should show the duration of the book in this format: 8 hrs 23 mins. But what shows in the column is a 5 digit number, such as 54463 as an example. I cannot figure out how to format this column to translate this number into the hrs and mins of the actual book. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks for your help Joanne Joanne Where does this number come from? It does not seem to relate to 8 hours 23 minutes at all (eg it isn't the total minutes for example or seconds). What is the source of this informa...