Easiest way to print AND display data on screen.

I've got a project that involves displaying and printing data. All the
data is readonly in Access 2007. All I have to do is display the data
using various charts and lists. I'm trying to decide whether to use
Access or Excel to display the data. The thing I like about Excel is
that I can display the data on the screen and it can also be printed.
It seems to me that if I do it in Access I will have to do double the
work. I'll have to display charts on a form to show it on the screen
but create a report to print it. Is this correct? Is there a way to
print a form in Access 2007? Or can I display the charts in an Access
report and also view them on the screen?

0
cr113

Yes, you can print a form, but typically is not the best approach.  That is
what reports are for.

If you do not need to work with the data, just display and print, you could
do it in a report alone and skip the form.  You can display the report in
preview mode and then it can be printed as required by the user.
Furthermore, you can incorporate charts directly into your reports.

In the long run, I can assure you access give you much more power over your
data than Excel when it come to reporting, amongst other things, even if you
do need to create both a form and a report.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"cr113" wrote:

> I've got a project that involves displaying and printing data. All the
> data is readonly in Access 2007. All I have to do is display the data
> using various charts and lists. I'm trying to decide whether to use
> Access or Excel to display the data. The thing I like about Excel is
> that I can display the data on the screen and it can also be printed.
> It seems to me that if I do it in Access I will have to do double the
> work. I'll have to display charts on a form to show it on the screen
> but create a report to print it. Is this correct? Is there a way to
> print a form in Access 2007? Or can I display the charts in an Access
> report and also view them on the screen?
>
> .

Date display in Excel

Displaying Scenarios
I have set up a number of scenarios on a worksheet as they relate to different versions of my budget. Rather than having to go in everytime and display each one individuall, I would like to enter a parameter in one cell that will automatically display the right scenarios. Hopefully, using a conditional statement of some kind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeffrey Albaum Controller Jet Moulding Compounds Inc. Ajax, Ontario, Canada How about a worksheet_change event? I created a couple of custom views and then rightclicked on the worksheet tab that held the important cell. ...

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

Data migration - Adventure Works

set print area #2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Cannot Drag Open Desktop Screen
Hi: I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of screen. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem of not being able to drag a screen will be appreciated Thanks, ColTom2. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:43 -0400, "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi: > > I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open >screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of >screen. > > A...

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...

Formula to display nearest following Thursday in mm/dd/yyyy format
Hello, I have been reading and trying different suggestions here to no avail. What I need is a formula to calculate the nearest following thursday, and display it in mm/dd/yyyy format. To be clear, I have a column of varying dates. I need a formula to return the next thursday for each of those dates. To illustrate, say I have 05/22/2010, 05/23/201, 05/24/2010, & 05/26/2010 in cells A1 through A4. In cells B1 through B4, I would like to see 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, & 05/27/2010 representing the following thursday. Thank you for your help! BW T...

Printing problem in booklet format

Print preview distorts objects
I have an XL2000 worksheet that has 4 controls on it (one command button, and 3 radio buttons). When I print preview the worksheet, once I close the print preview window the controls become distorted in size and location. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this? Thanks, Bill ...

Printing a newsletter on 11x17 not in full size
I am trying to print my 4 page newlsetter that is 8.5x11 on 11x17 so that it is a folded newsletter. It prints on the 11x17 but it keeps printing small with crop lines. It is in the right order but not full size. PLEASE HELP What version Publisher? Are you using Publisher 2007? Are you setting up your printer first for 11 x 17? File, page setup, booklet, select custom size 8.5 x 11, click advanced on the right, select booklet in the pull down type 8.5 width 11 height -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tam Nee...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

PRINT PREVIEW #6
I REVIEW A PRINT PREVIEW AND AM OK WITH IT. I SAVE THE FILE AND WHEN I RETRIEVE THE FILE THE NEXT DAY THE PRINT PREVIEW HAS CHANGED. WHAT IS HAPPENING? -- RON What has changed? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "RON" <RON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D42919B-91FE-4B88-B932-EC5E947BB035@microsoft.com... >I REVIEW A PRINT PREVIEW AND AM OK WITH IT. I SAVE THE FILE AND WHEN I > RETRIEVE THE FILE THE NEXT DAY THE PRINT PREVIEW HAS CHANGED. WHAT IS > HAPPENING? > -- > RON ...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Add message to customers on printed invoice
We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why doesn't GP? -- Art Cabot Director, Information Technology Sizemore, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

How to display a hyperlink without the underline in Publisher
Sending a mailshot - dont want to use gifs for design - so used text boxes which are hyperlinked - but I dont want the underline - can anyone please tell me how to display the text without. Thanks You can't eliminate the underline. You could create a thick white line to cover the underline or a small rectangle, no line, white fill, no wrap. Of course this will cover the hanging parts of your font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2...