Drag and Drop Records

Hi,

I need to create a relationship between two sets of data, Purchase Order and
Production Schedule Order.

I've reviewed many different ways to get this done but always come back to
manual intevention due to the two sets of data being different.

So, what I would like to do is create a form with two sub forms, both in
datasheet view.

The user drags a record from one datasheet to the other, which then updates
the two fields in the table being dropped on.

Just wondered, is this possible? and if so got any pointers on how to do it...

Thanx in advance

Marcus

Combo box to find records
Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. I have a form and wish to find records using a combo box. Which I know how to do. The problem is it takes me to "one" record. I would like to select, for example, employee name: John Smith and it return all records for John Smith while filtering out all other records. I would be thankful for any help. Thanks, Michael On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:24:04 -0800, Michaelchessking <Michaelchessking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. > >I have a form and wis...

Count Records
Hi Guys, How can I count records in a a combobox to allow me to scroll using the slider bar without first having to scroll to the bottom of the list? Regards John Count the records in the rowsource of the combobox: NumRecord = DCount("*","NameOfTheRowSource") PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:0E1DBE7E-AD54-4715-A547-EC2DDE9CDE39@microsoft.com... > Hi Guys, > How can I count records in a a combobox...

After Add Record, Put Cursor in specific Text Box
Hi, I had the wizard set up a button to add record (it puts in the code below in the On Click property of the button). I'd then like to have the focus go to text box [ProjectType]. I don't know how to do that. TIA :) Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdAddRecord_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click End Sub Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False If ...

Creating drop down lists with multiple options?
I am trying in vain to create a drop down list where users can select more than 1 choice. For example, if the choices in a list which i named are as follows: Blue Red Green Yellow Purple How does one have the option to select any of the colors by themselves or any combination of all of them up? For example, if the question is what is your favorite color? How can a user choose Blue OR Red and Blue OR Red, Blue and Green and so on? Any help would be appreciated. That will require multiple cells. One cell will only hold 1 value. Any single cell solutions are going ...

Pressing Tab to add a new record at the end of one record in a for
Back in Access 97 and 2003, I noticed that when you reach the end of a record in a form and press tab, it used to take you to a new record. But, in Access 2007, it's not doing that. Please let me know what I need to check for to enable this function. There's a form property (Cycle) that affects how a <Tab> affects the screen. You can set it to (re-)cycle back through the fields of the record you're on, or move to the next record. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "briangw" <briangw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329198...

Find 3rd Record
Hi there, I need to find the third record in a query. This is my basic select query: SELECT tblGuests.GID, tblGuests.Date FROM tblGuests ORDER BY tblGuests.GID, tblGuests.Date; There are several thousand records in tblGuests, some Guests (GID) have just one record, others have 20 or more. I've thought of DateDiff function but that doesn't seem to work. I have also thought that I need to find only records where there are more than 2 records for a certain GID so I can filter out the Guests who have only visited 1 or 2 times using the count function but have no idea how to do t...

How to ignore records with a duplicate ID based on a value
I hae searched the forum tono avail, so I'll ask for help. I have a table [Scope Event Table] which records events with status changes. The table uses an auto numbered primary key (not shown in the example below). It has data like this: DR_ID Event_Date Reason 12556 01/03/2008 Added 12556 01/24/2008 Closed 12874 01/05/2008 Added 14128 02/09/2008 Added I am a novice at SQL. I am trying to build a query that would pull only the DR_ID’s where the most recent Reason = “Added”. So I would want results to look like this: DR_ID Event_Date Reason 12874 01/05/2008 Added 14128 02/09/2008...

How to disable drag & drop in CWebBrowser2 ?
I have followed the tutorial "Using MFC to Host a WebBrowser Control" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/webbrowser/tutorials/wbtutorial.asp I'd like to disable drag & drop support. Currently, a word document/text document etc. can be dragged into the Window - which is not required. I have found the following text at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/hosting/wbcustomization.asp "If you don't want drag-and-drop support in your application, you can call IWebBrowser2::RegisterAsDropTarget, passing in VARIANT_TRUE, to prevent any drag-and-drop op...

drop down symbol and a database attached to it
I type in customer name every week in to a new worksheet( some times customers are not same as previous week) into a column. I like to know if there is a way to add a drop down symbol to each cell and a database of cutomer names, so that i can select the name from th list, thank for the help Data>Validation>Settings>Allow>List where you enter an equal sign and and a named range containing customer names, such as =MyCustomers OR refer to the range that holds the custimer names =M2:M100 OR list the names, each sparated by a comma and no spaces such as: sanik,Jim, etc. -- Greeting...

Drop shadow on Drawn Lines 2008
I post in the Acrobat forums at Adobe Forums. I gave suggestion for creating forms using either underscores or Leader Tabs to create Form elements to use in Acrobat Forms Wizard. Name: _____________ Address: _____________ and so on. I've been chastised mercilessly by another contributor That say doing that adds unnecessary Characters. the contributor suggested used Drawing lines. I tried on a Blank page using Drawing line after I found the correct menu. But I found a couple of things wrong. 1. There is no way to control the starting/ending points (does not...

SQL Not Working
What is wrong with this SQL? I am trying to use a Median function and trying to have the median calculate for each JobCode. SELECT tEmployeeMasterCopy.JobCode, (SELECT Median("tEmployeeMasterCopy","HourlyRate") FROM tEmployeeMasterCopy as M1 WHERE M1.JobCode = tEmployeeMasterCopy.JobCode) AS MedianByJobCode FROM tEmployeeMasterCopy GROUP BY tEmployeeMasterCopy.JobCode; Thanks in advance. It seems that (SELECT Median("tEmployeeMasterCopy","HourlyRate") FROM tEmployeeMasterCopy as M1 WHERE M1.JobCode = tEmployeeMasterCopy.JobCode) ...

Selecting only some of the drop down options
I have a form set up that uses a query as a records source. I have 5 different drop downs to choose from with the criteria in the query set up as like below to link to the form >=[Forms]![Selected Criteria Form]![Year] By setting up this way, you need to select something from all 5 drop down lists for it to work. How would I set it up where I could select anywhere from 1 to 5 of the drop down options? Not necessarily. There is a technique you can use that will solve that problem; however, I need to know if the drop downs are on the form you are filtering, or are you making s...

Recording problems
when I record audio on onenote I have trouble hearing the playback. Is there a way to get it louder? I have turned my volume all the way up. I tried using an external mike to record but when I tried to play it back I could hear nothing at all. What can I do? Debbie P. wrote: > when I record audio on onenote I have trouble hearing the playback. > Is there a way to get it louder? I have turned my volume all the way > up. I tried using an external mike to record but when I tried to play > it back I could hear nothing at all. How do things work when recording with some o...

Drop down list #7
How can you change the items in a list after you have made a selection in a previous list: i.e. if you select 1 in the first drop down you want the options in the next drop down to be A-K and if you select 2 you want the list to be L-M. See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "mudcat" <mudcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D35E1462-ACFB-4B25-8156-16A393062990@microsoft.com... > How can you change the items in a list after you have made a selec...

Make values stay put in established record & reset in new record?
I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go to a new record. Some more info would help us to help you. How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form? What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record? Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record? Jeanette Cunningham "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B39F82B9-43E2-4B9A-8F9B-C64B46240857@microsoft.com... > I'm having a...

How to properly record attendance?
Access 2k3 I need to record when a student attends class. Date attended, time they logged in, etc. I started to set up this db years ago but the person requesting it decided they did not want it, now they do. Even though I know a hundred fold more than I did then, I still have much to learn. I remember before I posted here and I was creating a record for the student each time they logged in(which will only ever be once per day) in the tblAttendance table. I was told then that this is not the correct way for access to do this. However, for the life of me, I can not figure o...

Adding records with referential integrity
I have a few tables in my database, all 1 to 1 with the master table. I have a query that gather much of the data into one large datasheet.The problem is I cannot add records through this query. I get a message that I need a related record in the child table for it to work. Am I right in assuming I need to add the record in the master database first, then the inegrity check will create the record inthe child databases, and THEN I can add data through my datasheet? A 1 to 1 relationship is unusual, as there can be only one child record for each parent record. A search for subclas...

open form/subform at specific record
I have a form (repair status) the has the same field (work order #) as another form which is actually a subform(work order detail) to a main form (Customer data). What I want to do is double click on the field (work order #) and have it open the form (customer data)/(work order detail) at that specific record. I selected On Dbl Click to run a macro that opens the form where both field match. That works but it pulls the customer data form and the work order detail but it goes to the first work order detail associated to that customer not the specific on i clicked on. Any id...

Counting Unique Record #s
I have a database showing assignments with their subassignments. On reports, I am attempting to count unique AssignmentIDs under groups (for example different months the assignments are due). Unfortunately, if the assignment has two (or more) sub assignments, the count function counts the AssignmentID twice (since it lists the AssignmentID with the SubAssignment ID). Do you know a way to get around this so I can count how many unique main assignments are under each group? Totals query. GroupBy your "group"; Count your AssignmentID. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Ac...

formulas from a drop down box
I was wondering if it is possible to have a list of formulas in a drop down box so that when I pick a formula, that is the one that is applied to that cell. Any help would be great. Lisa, The following uses a Combobox from the forms toolbar. It assumes that Combobox has been assigned a single column list range where the formulas are shown. The first item in that list should be a title, such as "Formulas", while the rest of the list should be the actual formulas without the leading equal sign "=". The linked cell for the combobox must also have been assigned. '----...

Inventory Items
Is there a way to indicate an item is a drop ship on the inventory card? -- HK Could you use one of the user categories? -- Jim@TurboChef "HK" wrote: > Is there a way to indicate an item is a drop ship on the inventory card? > -- > HK ...

Tried to record Database Wizard V2003
I've tried to record a macro of 'Database Wizard' and it is blank. It is possible to pass parameters to the wizard using VBA? Dave The Database Wizard is a Visio add-on and does not participate in Macro Recorded actions directly. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "dave" <shollas@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:uyqTjCCNFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I've tried to record a macro of 'Database Wizard' and it is blank. It is > possible to pass para...

Data Validation drop-down list does not appear
I have an Excel workbook that has data validation lists. The sources for the lists are ranges. On one worksheet, the drop-down list does not appear on any cell with data validation. On all other sheets, data validation works fine. In Excel 97, if the cell with data validation is in a frozen pane of the window, the dropdown won't work. If that's the cause, perhaps you could split the window, instead of freezing the panes. Barbara wrote: > I have an Excel workbook that has data validation lists. > The sources for the lists are ranges. On one worksheet, > the drop...

Read-Only Records
When users are attempting to Sync in offline mode they are getting a prompt that indicates the record is Read Only and will not synchronize to the CRM database? We did a data migration from Worldtrak, is it possible that during our conversion, we set some records to Read-Only. ...