DLookup on a query??

Hello,

Just wondering if it's possible to use the DLookup function on a query
instead of a table?

Alan

Don't worry about it. I got it to work.

Thanks anyway.

Alan

"Alan" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just wondering if it's possible to use the DLookup function on a query
> instead of a table?
>
> Alan

report based on a crosstab query
I've created a crosstab query in which row headings are a project number [ProjNo], column headings are dates [Date] and each of the data fields has a number of hours. I built a report based on the query which worked perfectly until I wanted to change dates. The date field in the report by default uses the actual date value as a data source rather than the field [Date], so if the date is different, the report doesn't recognize the new dates. How can I work around this? Is there a way to 'reset' the dates in the report? Ivor ...

make table query with related tables
I have an equipment maintenance database, I would like to put my inactive (gotten rid of) equipment in an inactive table, and not loose the relationship with the maintenance table. basically make two tables. I did a make table query, made my inactive equipment table. I could not delete the equipment from my first table due to key rules. I then made a relationship from my equipment table to my maintenance performed table. could not make a one to many and enforce integrity due to the first equipment table. I am going to delete the relationships, run a delete query on my inactive marked e...

Highlight keywords in result of perameter query
I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the records based on the keyword. Works great. Is there a way the keyword to be highlighted or change color in the results? Not that I know of. Especially in a query. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34DD4D45-C312-4204-B53E-B22300A0613B@microsoft.com... >I have a query perameter &qu...

Query Question
Please see the sql code below. What I am after is Sum of [RiskCount]. But due to the join, I get double counting and consequently wrong SUM. Is this an inherent limitaion of Sql? Can be it solved without breaking up the sql into two parts? Thanks for reading this post. CREATE TABLE #Location ( LocationID INT, RiskCount INT) CREATE TABLE #Coverage ( LocationID INT, Peril VARCHAR(10), Coverage VARCHAR(10), TSI Numeric(25,6)) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (1,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (2,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (3,1) INSERT...

Option Group Value won't display in Query when code is executed
Hello, I have an option group stored on a form with 4 choices and am just trying to usethe value selected in the option group within a query. Simple enough, I can get the query to work just fine, displaying information based on the choice made with the option until I execute the query from code. Then it seems that the option group value is not available or is ignored and does not work. What I'm noticing is that if I pause the code at the point where the query is suppose to run and execute the query manually, no information is displayed (option group value shows blank). Howeve...

query variables
As a test I am trying to use variables in a table query. In the query design criteria numeric field if I place >10 the query filters OK, but if I put a variable in the criteria the query asks me in a box for a value for that variable and if I type >10 it does not work. What I am actually trying to do is define the criteria using variables from a form through a forms!xxxx!variable entry in the criteria of the table query. Variable = "10" works but variable= ">10" does not. Please help if you can. Thank you. On Jan 22, 9:51=A0pm, "Wuf...

SELECT DISTINCT query 05-14-10
Hi folks, Using Access 2007. I have a query (SQL below) in which I need to select only those records with distinct FamID's I'm pretty sure I need to use SELECT DISTINCT, but if I put that right at the beginning it's looking for a whole distinct record, not just the distinct FamID (if I understand it correctly). How can I change this query so that I end up with records where the FamID field is distinct? SELECT tblFamily.FamID, tblGroup.GroupName, tblFamily.FamLastName, tblAddress.Street, tblAddress.City, tblAddress.State, tblAddress.ZipCode FROM tblGroup INNER ...

Query
Hi, I have two excel 97 files, the record is over a thousand File A Invoice no. Amt 4001 2 4002 3 4003 4 4012 3 4015 5 File B Invoice no. Pamt Pdate 4001 2 4-7-04 4012 3 13-7-04 I want to create a file to as follow Invoice no. Amt Pamt Pdate How to make it under Excel 97 ?? I already tried to use Query or Pivot Table If I use Access, I use Query to do it and print it but I do not have a licence in the office. Please help Jimmy Hi Once way is to use VLOOKUP. Try something like:...

Dynamic query -How?

Query Exchange Users via commandline
Hello, first I have to say, that I am not an exchange administrator or something like that. I am an perl programmer that wants to improve an intranet information system. The facts: Most of our employees in the company work with the microsoft terminalserver - via the "query user" command it is possible to see, who ist logged in - and of course I could also ping the client PCs to see which are switched on. The infomation system I am programming shall find out who is in the company and is available for email response. If the employee is away his deputy shall get the mail. Is there an...

date mismatch in query..do not know how to solve
i have a query where the criteria statement has [date#1] equal to [date#2-1]. [date#1] is in a table and formatted as mm/dd/yyyy. date #2 is formatted as date and time. how do i format date#2 to match the date#1 mm/dd/yyyy format? On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:37:02 -0800, tcek <tcek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have a query where the criteria statement has [date#1] equal to [date#2-1]. > [date#1] is in a table and formatted as mm/dd/yyyy. date #2 is formatted as >date and time. how do i format date#2 to match the date#1 mm/dd/yyyy format? The format is completely irr...

My Access query shows blank in the label merge
When I try to merge the Access query I want into label format, the query shows blank. I can merge the database table with no problem but not my query. What am I doing wrong? How are you trying to do this? What is the SQL statement of your query? I assume you mean the report shows blank (i.e., the query returns no records...) More info, please Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement...

Multiple Tables in Query not Listing Data.
I cannot seem to get this correct. I am trying to run a query on two databases one of which is linked to the other. I am trying to get the query to display a 0 for the total defects counted from one table based on the date and time from another table. So far when I run the query I get only the counts from the values that are not null. Here is the SQL Statement: SELECT Pro_Total_by_Cell.Cell, Pro_Total_by_Cell.Shift, Pro_Total_by_Cell.Time, Pro_Total_by_Cell.ProTotal, Pro_Total_by_Cell.Time1, Hourly_Defects_by_Cell3.CountofFC, Control_Limit_by_Cell.UCL, IIf(IsNull([Counto...

Make Table Query
How do you add (in run-time) primary key and indexing to a table (during creation or after creation) when it has been created through a make-table query? Either from a designed query or VBA SQL statement. ...

Transferring multiple queries in single form
Hi, I have three crosstab queries that needs to be placed at the different ranges in the same excel sheet . How can I achieve this with do.cmd.transferspreadsheet. Dim strQName As String strQName = "7a-query" Dim strNewName As String strNewName = "c:\file.xls" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, strQName, strNewName, True I have the sample code here. Now, how can I put the second query(which is 7b-query) on the same tab,"7a-query" at the range, G2? Thanks, Prasanna. If you look at the definition of the TransferSpreadsheet method ...

Queries about changing date format
I have a table that has a date in it and it also has the time. I need to get rid of the time and leave the date. What is the best way to do this? -- Thomas In a query? Just use format to return the date you want. DateOnly: Format([YourFieldName],"short date") -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "T Miller" <TMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B0A8BD4-4E3B-44B5-9A8D-3522F150E469@microsoft.com... >I have a table that has a date in it and it also has the time. I need to >get > rid of the time and leave the date. What is the best w...

Append Query Key Violation
MS Office 2003 I am not a programmer I want to append record from tblContactsV1 to tblPatientV1. tblContactsV1 has autonumber primary key; tblPatientV1 has a single primary key (Chartnumber). I assume this is why record does not append "key violation." If that is cause of key violation, how can I best correct? Thanks Show us the structure of both tables -- field names, data types, and which ones are primary key in each. Is there a foreign key in tblPatientV1 that is related back to the primary key in tblContactsV1? -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "sh...

Macro to check data from excel list against access query and return value back to excel
(I posted this yesterday but am tryign to make it clearer) I have an excel list with "name" and "title" and there are many erros and mis-spellings. I havbe an acess quesry that has the correct names and titles and also some mis-spellings and foreign language spellings pointing to the correct english name and title. I would like to write a macro in excel to do a lookup of the excel value in the access quesry and find EITHER an exact match or close match and return the value of a specified field back into an excel column. Here is a hypothetic example: Access list: PK=Van G...

Query Command
Working with a query that shows items checked out, i believe I figured out how to show just the items for 2007 through 08. However I am having trouble with showing them items that are blank with no check out date/time. I am currently just using a Between #01/01/2007# and #01/01/2009# I figured this will give me all records. However its not giving me the items not checked out which is what I really need to see. How would I show all items 2007 though 2008 plus the items without a checkout time/date? Can you not add a or is null in the date parameter ? "HOCSMGR" wrote: > Wor...

MS Query. Can you use parameters with LIKE and % wildcards?
Please help! I have (what I thought was) a very simple single table query, but I am struggling with it in MS Query. I can do it using stored procedures and ADO, but that would probably be overkill for such a small query and I will only resort to that if somebody confirms that is impossible to achieve using MS Query My problem is that the parameter that the users will enter (location code) is a substring of item code in the table. There can be more than 1 item code with the same location code embedded in it and this is what the report seeks to identify. However the location code substring ...

Query same category id
May i know how to query all the jobnumber where it is in the same category ID? Because I want to use this as my list in combo box -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1 I'm not clear yet what you are trying to achieve. One interpretation of your question would be that you wish to group by category ID. Another could be that you want to find jobnumbers that fall into a (pre-selected) category ID. Have you tried creating a new query that includes your conditions (selection), then using that query as the source for ...

Web Query How do I change columns of the MSN Stock quotes table?
I want to add the opening price to the web query MSN Moneycentral Investor Stock Quotes. How can I adjust which columns are included in this table If you are talking about the MSN Money Stock Quotes that appears on the data menu, if you select that option, then Help, you'll get to a web page that has another link entitled MSN Stock Quote Function Reference (or something similar). It lists the information that's available and explains the syntax of the formulas. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:13:07 -0700, "BKM24" <BKM24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to add the...

parameter query
Hi, I need help to finish my Query, I want to let the user put a serial number to get it or put several serial numbers or collect it all so I did this ... (',' & [Enter SN's] & ',') Like ('*[, ]' & [Requisition Lines]![SN] & '[, ]*') this is work to give a specific serial, but if I want let the users show all serial numbers by clicking enter without write any number what is missing in this ??? I appreciate ur cooperation Try entering the following as the criteria: ((',' & [Enter SN's] & ',') Like...

Query
Hi, The query below is working fine but once I have added this new line before the last line: ELSEIIf ([Forms]![frmErrorTyQuery]![cboTyError] = "Quantity Error", (SKF. Quantity), An error mssg will appear and I'm unable to save the Query: [Syntax error in query expression will show] Pls help. Thank you PARAMETERS [Forms]![frmErrorTyQuery]![cboTyError] Short, [Forms]! [frmErrorTyQuery]![txtFty] Short, [Forms]![frmErrorTyQuery]![txtStatus] Long, [Forms]![frmErrorTyQuery]![txtPrefix] Short; SELECT SKF.* FROM SKF WHERE IIf((Forms!frmErrorTyQuery!txtFty Is Null) Or (SKF.Factory Li...

query for aging report
I need a query for an aging report in am Access ADP. I have a fees table and a payments table. [dbo].[tblFees]( [FeeID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [ClientID] [int] NULL, [FeeDate] [datetime] NULL, [DeptNo] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [ServiceType] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [Service] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [Location] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [FeeAmount] [money] NULL, [FeeAdj] [money] NULL, [TransNo] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [PostedBy] [nvarchar](100) NULL, [Comments] [nvarchar](max) NULL, [dbo].[tblPayments]( [PayID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [FeeID] [int] NULL, [PayDate...