displaying lookup fields

Can anyone help.
I have created two tables customers and booking. From the booking table I
have created a form for entering the booking information. For the customer
field within this form I have used lookup columns from my customer table. In
the booking form I click on the customer field and it correctly shows  list
of customers. I select the correct customer but the field only displays the
first name. Is there a way I can select the customer and the filed to display
both the first name and last name, address and postcode?

I am desparate can you help?

Firstly, I hope you are not using LookupFields in your tables.
http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

Second, all you need in your booking table is the CustomerID (PrimaryKey)
from the Customers table which is hopefully an AutoNumber.  Put this key in
the booking table as a ForeignKey (Long) and then a query that joins the two
tables can show as many of the Customer fields as you want.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
7/18/2007 11:22:30 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I am getting there slowly. I have done as you suggested. When I add an
existing field such as the customer ID, Access disply a look up column field
requesting further information. To clarify I am not select "Look up column"
Is this acceptable.
I have not gone to the query part yet.

So I clearly understand your reply, if I create the query when I enter the
customer ID the other fields from the customer table will be auomaticaly
entered in the the fields in the booking form. (as long as they are part of
the query)

What I would like to do from here on is create a booking form using an
existing customer. Is there a way I can create a form that allows the user to
search customer details such as name, address etc and then be taken to the
booking form with the relevant customer information already inserted?

Just to be cheeky I have one more of many questions.
Related to my customer information is the dogs they own and the information
that relates to the dog (in a separate table). How can I create a button that
takes me to a dog information form that is blank. I have attempted to do this
but there have been errors. The form opens with an existing record and
secondly I cannot edit the information in the form.

"Lloyd Harris" wrote:

> Can anyone help.
> I have created two tables customers and booking. From the booking table I
> have created a form for entering the booking information. For the customer
> field within this form I have used lookup columns from my customer table. In
> the booking form I click on the customer field and it correctly shows  list
> of customers. I select the correct customer but the field only displays the
> first name. Is there a way I can select the customer and the filed to display
> both the first name and last name, address and postcode?
>
> I am desparate can you help?

My email signature displays in a diff. size TT font than I set???
I set my name to display in Times New Roman, size 12, yet it shows up in a new email as Times New Roman, size 10. Size 14 or 18 work, but not size 10. Any ideas? ...

Query using date and time in seperate fields
I am having problems generating a query to find records between a start date and time and a finish date and time. As the table I am querying stores the two valuse in seperate fields, using BETWEEN is not working. The table I am querying, called imt_log, stores the date and time in seperate fields. The fields are called imt_log.date and imt_log.time Example: Find records from 7-Jan-2008 08:00:00 to 14-Jan-2008 07:59:59 Do I need to create some Vb code or is it possible to do it with a nested query. Thanks in advance. If your fields are datetime datatype then use a calculated field like ...

address fields
Can the address1_telephone1 field from the accounts form be shown in the contact form? If so how would I go about doing it? Thanks jonathan Jonathan, You could create a custom field on the Contacts form to hold this Telephone field and create a mapping so that every Contact created for the Account will have this custom field automatically populated. Unfortunately this approach will not update the new Telephone field on existing contacts. Hope this helps, Richie "jonathan shepherd" wrote: > Can the address1_telephone1 field from the accounts form be shown in the > con...

Lookups with multiple records
Is there a way to create a lookup field, and have that field return multiple records? If not, does anyone have some other suggestions about how I may be able to accomplish this? Thanks, Brian I am looking to do the same thing, if not the other possibility is to create a csutome entity to relate the 2 entities then add an iFrame which will display a view which filters out all that are not realted to that entity. I have not been able to get this to work yet either though. "Brian" wrote: > Is there a way to create a lookup field, and have that field return multiple > rec...

show 2nd field when combo box choice is made
Greetings: I have a db for clients and their purchases. In my attempt to further normalize my tables, I have created a new table to list the products clients can purchase. So now i have 3 tables. One has the client info, the 2nd has the individual orders (ID, client foreign key, product (stores combo box info) , order date, quantity ordered and a price number field to hold the info this question is about) and the 3rd has the list of products and the price of each product. I have a form to enter the client info and a subform to enter each client's order info. The order subform ...

Filtering incoming mail by DNS lookup
Question - can you set up a filter on Exchange 2003 that will allow you to filter (drop) all emails that come in from non-existant domains. Example - incoming mail from kasjdfhksadjfhsdkjfh@nobodyishome.net (address in the header of the email) - I want to have exchange do a reverse DNS lookup and see if the domain name is accurate. If so, then it delivers the email. If not, it deletes the email. Also - lets say the header says - drsys@msn.com which is a valid domain name - but the ip in the header is not a real IP, its been spoofed. Can I set up a filter for exchange to check the DNS...

Can you change the "Regarding" field in a tracked Email?
Hi, I have a user who has managed to "track" five emails from different customers incorrectly and they are now all "regarding" the same customer. I need to change the "regarding" field for the emails that are from different customers and re-track them to the correct accounts. When I view the email in the History tab of the account, the regarding field's search icon is greyed out. Anyone have any ideas? TIA Grant This would indicate the e-mail activity is closed. And once closed activities cannot be changed anymore. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) L...

Text as Pivot Data Field
Excel defines pivot a data field as "usually contains numeric data, such as statistics or sales amounts, but it can also contain text. Data from a data field is summarized in the data area of a PivotTable or PivotChart report." I have a Pivot Table containing: 1 Row Field called: Name 1 Column Field called: Date 3 Data Field (2 numeric, 1 Text) Everything comes in great except the text field is zero. I'm guessing the reason is because the Pivot is forcing me to perform a "Sumarize As" function like count, sum, ... How can i get the text in too? Is there a wa...

"frequently used text fields" as default search in advanced find?
I never search just the subject field in Outlook's advanced find. I always search "frequently used text fields". I dont want to have to think about which part of an email to search - I just want to find the word or phrase I have in mind. I have years worth of emails, and the search speed when searching every field is acceptable. There's no need to restrict the search to just one field. It's counter productive to have to stop and select this option every_single_time I use advanced find. It drives me crazy. Any way to set this as default? ...

How to have a variable in a recordset field name
I have a table with the field name like F1, F2, F3 and so on. I create a vba recordset to the table and loop through each record in the table. I also have another loop inside to loop through each field names on that record. The following is the code, however it does not recognize the field name variable like rs!f(i). Private Sub UpdateStatus() On Error Resume Next Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSql As String Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer Set db = CurrentDb Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("Scantron", dbOpenDynaset) If Not rs.BOF Then rs.MoveFirst...

Distribution lists not displaying
I have set up group distribution lists on the exchange server, but the clients cannot see them... Does anyone know how to fix this? "Betty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up group distribution lists on the exchange >server, but the clients cannot see them... Does anyone >know how to fix this? Mail-enable them. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

POS 2009 "display Insufficient Quantity Message"
I unchecked this option in workflow, and it still shows me the message of options for insufficient items. We would like to have a misc item for each dept, which we can still tender out the customer if the item isn't in the database. for example, the grocery department, would have a groc item which would be used to ring up a item which hasn't been put in the system yet. So we just want to press the groc key on taskpad and input the price without the insufficient message. This may just be a work around, but this is what we do in RMS. Set up an Item called Misc. Sale, as a non-i...

Sub Report will not display
In CRM 3.0 I have an SQL Server Reporting Services report with a sub Report. You get to the sub report by clicking on a bar chart in the main report. Certain users cannot see the sub report – others can. When they click on the bar chart a new window opens but nothing is displayed. These same user can run the report and sub report completely successfully directly from the SQL Server Reporting Services website but within CRM 3.0 the sub report will not work. Anyone know why? ...

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

"Expr 1014" if field of query ?
In attempting to troubleshoot some problems in a query, I noticed that three of the fields (design mode of Access 2000) showed "Expr 1014", "Expr 1015","Expr 1016". Data exists in the fields when I execute the query. What does this mean? Correction: three of the fields (Run mode of Access 2000) BobC wrote: > In attempting to troubleshoot some problems in a query, I noticed that > three of the fields (design mode of Access 2000) showed "Expr 1014", > "Expr 1015","Expr 1016". Data exists in the fields when I execute t...

Pivot Tables : Restrict data displayed in pivot table
I have a data entry sheet in which date-specific entries are made. pivot table counts the number of entries occurring in each month. Th years and months are column fields, and all the years and month fro the data entry sheet are displayed. I would like the pivot table to only display the most recent tw months. Can you help me? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html using a dynamic range for pivot tables Frank > I have a data entry sheet in which date-specific entries are made. A > pivot table counts th...

Memo fields on Downloaded transactions
I have my MSM 07 home and business download the Memo field when I import statements from my bank. However, if I entered the transaction manually and the downloaded transaction is matched, then the MEMO field is not replaced (I leave the memo field blank, since I never know what is going to be in it, and was really hoping that when the transactions are downloaded the memo would be put inot the matcehd transaction). thanks. ...

secondary lookup (javascript) & form assistant
I've found a tutorial that shows you how to add a secondary lookup by using client side JavaScript, however it is giving me an issue of when saved and reopened the guide id is displayed and not the name, other than that it works fine (I.a lookup works etc) anyone have/had this problem and managed to resolve it? also has anyone managed to invoke a form assistant for a certain field using any client side script. Thank you in advance Jonny Jonny, Could you paste the JScript Code? I think the Lookup string value is set like this: lookup[0].name; Check out Michael Höhne's...

M2004
Hi All The length of the Pay To field in the check register seems to be about 32 characters maximum. Is there any way to lengthen it? Thanks Jonathan In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan wrote: > >The length of the Pay To field in the check register seems to be about 32 >characters maximum. Is there any way to lengthen it? No. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171421 ...

Drop-Down List does not display choices
I have created a drop-down list to display the choices from another workbook. If both workbooks are open then the drop-down list displays the choices but if the source workbook is not open then the drop-down list does not display any choices. It needs to be open -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Bill Freeze" <Bill Freeze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:517E8217-2295-470D-BE75-02A7F6B6E241@microsoft.com... >I have created a drop-down list to display the choices from another >workbook. > If both workbooks are open then the ...

Strange issue with OWA not displaying correctly.
Hi, Working on a Exchange 2003 sp1 server. When OWA is launched and the credentials are entered, the next screen looks almost like a "FTP" site! Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks Do you have the Directory Browsing option selected on the default web site (and hence the Exchange virtual directories under it)? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF3DF67-9793-4896-9FAC-158100D1F322@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Working on a Exc...

how do you set up a mandatory field in Excel?
I need to set up a mandatory field in an Excel Template, can anyone help? Hi this would require vBA. e.g. checking the Beforeclose event -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:77818E14-E83F-4AEE-9475-8EC3096F90C1@microsoft.com... > I need to set up a mandatory field in an Excel Template, can anyone help? Maybe you could have an adjacent cell with a formula like: =if(a1<>"","","Please Fill In A1!") format in nice big red letters. And if you have any important cal...

field references in forms
If I have a form "myform" with recordsource "mytable" and the table contains a field called "id," I can reference the current value of that field in expressions used for controls in the form by myform.id. This is true even when there is no control bound to mytable.ID on the form. I can "print" the value of myform.id in the debug immediate window. If I try the same thing for a form whose record source is a query, ? myform.id produces an error. Why the difference? And a corollary question: what's the most efficient way to test the ...

How many fields can you have in an access 2007 database
Hi I have imported an excel file into Access 2007. When I try to add another field, it tells me I have exceeded the maximum number of columns of 255. I thought there was no issue in Access 2007 in the number of fields allowed. Please advise. Thank you for your help in advance. "forest8" wrote: > Hi > > I have imported an excel file into Access 2007. When I try to add another > field, it tells me I have exceeded the maximum number of columns of 255. > > I thought there was no issue in Access 2007 in the number of fields allowed. > >...

Displaying worksheet name in cell
Is there any way to display a worksheet name in a cell (without using macros). I have tried =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,255) but if I use this on multiple sheets in the same workbook, they all end up displaying the same name! Include a reference to each sheet: =MID(CELL("filename",a1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",a1))+1,255) Adrian wrote: > > Is there any way to display a worksheet name in a cell (without using macros). > > I have tried =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("...