Disappearing Combobox Text

Just opened up a number of existing databases and found the same problem in
each. It is not possible to see the list of options in a ComboBox although
the list is there. It is as if the fore colour is white and the back colour
is white. If you select one of the options the text then appears in the
control, black text on a white back ground.

As a quick test i have created a new form and inserted a combobox, again the
details of the options is not visible although the selected option text
appears in the control after i make a random selection.

I have checked all the visibility and colour settings with no success. It is
as if it is a setting in Access rather than in the database.

I am using a new laptop with the following version of Access
Access 2003 (11.8166.8174) SP3

Any ideas please

There were some major bugs in SP3, one of which caused the symptoms you're
describing.

Check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 for details about a hotfix.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Confused Slug" <ConfusedSlug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just opened up a number of existing databases and found the same problem
> in
> each. It is not possible to see the list of options in a ComboBox although
> the list is there. It is as if the fore colour is white and the back
> colour
> is white. If you select one of the options the text then appears in the
> control, black text on a white back ground.
>
> As a quick test i have created a new form and inserted a combobox, again
> the
> details of the options is not visible although the selected option text
> appears in the control after i make a random selection.
>
> I have checked all the visibility and colour settings with no success. It
> is
> as if it is a setting in Access rather than in the database.
>
> I am using a new laptop with the following version of Access
> Access 2003 (11.8166.8174) SP3
>

> Any ideas please

0
Douglas

printing text box gradient fill
My text box with a gradient fill looks great on the screen but prints with a solid fill color not with the gradient. Gradient printing has always been problematic in Publisher. Create a rectangle the size of your text box, fill it with your gradient choice, no line, copy/paste special as an image format of your choice, put the image behind your text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

How do I print white text on black card?
How do I print white text on black card in Publisher or Word? Suzy wrote: > How do I print white text on black card in Publisher or Word? ================================ Printing white on black cards will not work unless your printer can print with white ink. Most printers do not print with white ink. If you have a black background in your project you can use white letters but the background will also need to be printed. BTW...this will use lots of ink. -- Volunteer J - MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a vol...

Combobox Issues
Hello, I have two combobox in a form. One is for Group(Ex:Construction, Mining etc)and the other one is for Products. Using theFirst combo , I will choose the group and then I would like to choose the products based on the first combo. That is I would like to appear the products which is only belong to "Construction" if I choose "Construction" on the first cOmbo. I use this code Forms!FormName!Group in the Query criteria in order to do this. It is working fine in the Query. but for the combo, it will work only the first time when the form Loaded. When I change the...

Object in Publisher keeps disappearing
I keep putting a picture into my document and it is there until I save or the computer autosaves. How do I handle this. It has happened before, but I ususally repaste the graphic and it stays put. What is the problem? Cherilyn you are a magical magician to make that happen - very talented indeed. Please tell us how you manage to do such a feat? What version of Publisher are you using? What format is the picture you are having this problem with? The issue you describe is totally unknown in any version of Publisher. -- ...

Images Disappear when offline
I have Outlook 2003 on my laptop. When I am connected to my network and download my POP3 mail I can see the images in the HTML messages, however when I disconnect from the network and view the messages the images have gone!!! I have set the image download option to download the entire message and view the images but that hasn't helped. It's strange because if I reconnect the laptop to the Web all the images\banners etc reappear! Any ideas? Many messages include only a link to web based content, not the actual image. In those cases Outlook has nothing to download and you won't ...

Fill color complete line of text
Word 07. I have a line of text (only about 50 characters) the text is white and I have a red fill (or text highlight color) behind. This red fill only extends as far as the text. How can I make the red extend across the entire line, (even if there is no text in the second half of the line)? Thanks Assuming you haven't used the Highlighter by mistake, you have evidently applied shading to the selected text rather than the paragraph. In the Borders and Shading dialog (accessed from the dropdown menu you get when you click on the button that is indescribable because its Scr...

Partition disappears
My old laptop (20 GB Hard Disk) had two partitions, which I called C: 14 GB) and D: Suddenly, when trying to access disk D:, I see in Explorer, that it no longer exists. Gone, for good. Panicked, I attempted a System Restore. After selecting a Restore Point, I press "next", and a message appears saying (approximately): "This System Restore will not restore changes made after this point to disk D:, which may have been deleted, moved or removed from your network". I didn't fully understand the message, so I performed the Restore nevertheless, but disk D: wa...

Text being stripped from incoming mail
We are on exch 2k3 with one front end server and 4 back ends. When we rx mail from one domain that is 5.5 all the text is being stripped from the email. What is really strange, if they turn on delivery receipts, they get the receipt with their original email attached and it has all the text inside the attachment. This is the only domain we have a problem with. Also, there is another 5.5 domain out there whose mail is routed thru the other 5.5 org and we get their mail no problem. Any ideas??? jaymac <jaymac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are on exch 2k3 with one front e...

how do i link cells that contain text in excel
i am creating a spreadsheet that will have several cells that contain the same as another cell - either number or text - is there anyway to link so when i type (example) the number 3 in cell A2 it will also appear in cells C12 and D42. thanking everyone in advance for their assistance. It can be done in 2 Methods. Method 1:- Place the cursor in C12 and press = and type A2. Now it will show the A2 cell value 3 in C12. if you place the cursor in C12 it will show the formula as =A2. Follow the same step for D42 also. Method 2:- Place the cursor in C12 and press = and type I...

Save range of cells as text file.
I need help with a macro to save a range of cells as a text file. I found a great method of selecting the range to save from Tom Ogilvy, dated 8/18/04. However, I need to know how to save that selected range to a text file. Thanks. Maybe another MVP, JE McGimpsey, can help you out: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need help with a macro to save a range of cells as a text file. I found a >great method of selecting the range to save from Tom Ogilvy, dated 8/18/04. >However, I need to know how to save that s...

Trimming an entire Column of text
Richard Scholler posted this solution on Ozgrid: Sub TrimCol() Dim r As Range Set r = Intersect(ActiveCell.EntireColumn, ActiveSheet.UsedRange) r.Value = Evaluate("IF(ROW(" & r.Address & "),IF(" & r.Address & "<>"""",TRIM(" & r.Address & "),""""))") End Sub I just get a #NUM! when I use this. Does anyone know why? This solution using Evaluate is in several places on the web. http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77535 hi, ! > Richard Schol...

Updating Two Text Boxes Based on Information Entered into a Third Text Box
I feel a little silly, but I'm just going to come out straight and say it: I play Dungeons & Dragons and I thought that it might be fun to try and build a character sheet database at home so that I could play around with some of the program's features and learn more about Access. Unfortunately, I'm running into a snag. Here's my problem: I have a form which updates a table, called 'Characters Table.' What I want to be able to do is select a race from a second table, called 'Races Table,' using a combo box. Then, based on the race selected, I want to have tw...

how to rotate text without rottating borders
i'm trying to angle (rotate text in exel) it ofcourse rotates fine bot then i put border on that cel the border is also rotated how to rotate text without rotatting border ??? What kind of border do you have on the cell? I don't understand the issue. "rich20" <rich20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52086236-0AAE-4DE3-B266-742B259DF7EF@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to angle (rotate text in exel) it ofcourse rotates fine bot > then i > put border on that cel the border is also rotated how to rotate text > without > rotatting bor...

formula and text in a cell
How to put a text + today date in a cell? ..today date using today() ="blablabla "&TEXT(TODAY(),"mm/dd/yy") change date format to fit your region -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ekGutQePIHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to put a text + today date in a cell? > .today date using today() > ...

how do I find out if data in a text field is a number or text str
I want find out if data in a text field is a number or text string. e.g if the data is 1234, rather than fred1234 If CStr(Val(TextField)) = TextField Then ' it's numbers only Else ' it's mixed End If -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jahfish" <jahfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EE6D586-6D22-47A7-B8F7-F29D6A68651B@microsoft.com... >I want find out if data in a text field is a number or text string. e.g if > the data is 1234, rather than fred1234 Test it with IsNumeric(). For...

How create a doc. with both checkboxes and text insert. possibilit
Hi ! I´m about to create a doc. for a Travel request. The traveller must fill in name etc AND to have a possibility to use the checkboxes. If I lock the doc. for using for checkboxes then you cannot fill in the other cells with name, adress and so on. Can someone tell me how to be able to use both checkboxes and to fill in text in the document ? Kind regards Timo Nordberg Helsingborg You can't mix different types of fields in a protected form. Make sure that you only use form fields--check box form fields and text form fields--and it will work. If you are using Wo...

integrating .wav to text s/w in mfc
Hi friends, I want to integrate wav to text converter in my application,can any body help me which API or fuctions in mfc that I can go for thanks, rajendra ...

Importing Text with ONLY Tab set as a delimiter and NOT space?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My previous version of excel would default to importing tab-delimited text w/ just the tab checked (in step 2 of 3 in text import wizard). My excel now insists on the space being checked as well. Obviously I can uncheck this each time I go through the import wizard, but in the old version it was nice to double-click on a text file &amp; avoid having to go through the text-import wizard each time. Is there a way to set this in preferences somewhere? ...

How can I change the colour of text written with track changes?
How can I change the colour of a text or edit a text that was written with track changes? I have disabled track changes but unable to edit the text. Please help You must accept the changes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Surya" <Surya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D2D0445-030C-424F-9B29-9444B55102F0@microsoft.com... > How can I change the colour of a text or edit a text that was written with > track changes? I have disabled track changes but unable to edit th...

Full Text search in article doesn't work properly with national characters
Hi, I work with MS CRM 3.0 English, it is running on Windows 2003 English Std and database server is SQL Server 2005 Std. When I publish article to Knowledge Base in English language full text search work fine. When I use in summary section of article national characters (Czech), full text on words with national characters doesn't work. I was looking for cause of this behavior and I found in database Company_MSCRM table DocumentIndex and column SearchText. In this column is all text of article and I see there words with national characters and before and after nation character are spaces,...

Disappearing chart
I have a workbook that was created in Excel 2003 and converted to 2007. I had about 130 lines of data in three columns that were plotted on a line chart (one date column for the X axis, and two columns of numerical data plotted on separate lines). The data was on one tab and the chart on another. I entered a new line of data every morning (OK, I was tracking my weight, but that's not important), and about 4 days ago, the chart suddenly disappeared. The tab is still there, but it is completely blank. I tried copying my data to a new workbook and recreating the chart. The chart a...

Text Running Out of Cell
I am typing text in a cell. It is merged, word wraped, and left justified. It is formatted as text. The row height is large enough to fit the entire paragraph, and the contents still runs off of the cell. Half of the written paragraph is in the cell, the other half of the writing runs out of the cell and cannot be seen, and the rest of the cell is white space. I am tired of the alt+enter thing. I am filling out a form with over 500 cells, and I am very frustrated. I have been looking but haven't found any answers so far. Can anyone one help? "Running out of the cell&qu...

shading text
How do I make the shaded text as a limited area for specific nos of digits http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA103387981033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Emad A Ali" <Emad A Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11FADB0E-82B8-46CA-BAF7-56E574090D93@microsoft.com... > How do I make the shaded text as a limited area for specific nos of digits > What program? What version? More details, please. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgro...

text formula
I am trying to create a workbook and alot of my data is repeating data such as email addresses. I have done this before but forgot how, I want to create a formula that all I have to do is type in the name and the @xxx.ccc.vvv.com will automatically add itself to what I type in the cell. Can someone refresh my memory on how this is done? -- Thanks,, Kim Kim, You could put in an autocorrect entry (Tools>Autocorrect) for @ of @xxx.ccc.vvv.com, and when you type @ and Enter, it will append the rest. But it will do it for all @ wherever you may enter them. -- HTH RP (remove nothere...

Importing large text files to excel
Hi, i am using Excel 2002, and I am wondering what is an efficient way to import text files with more than 65536 lines to excel (eg. if it's 120000 lines, I want the excel workbook to automatically create two tabs, with the first tab having the first part of the text file, line 1 to line 65000, the second tab having line 65001 to 120000.) Right now, i am using a splitter (HJSplit) to first manually split the large text file into several small files, then i import each file to an individual tab in a excel workbook. But obviously that's not the best way. Thank you very much. http://su...