decimal format on the form

Hi,

I was able to set the format on the form.   I am creating inbound box
like:   ="Total Average Headcount: " & [Count]

I'm getting the result.   "Total Average Headcount:  3222.87777".

Is there a way to change like this  "Total Average Headcount:  3223"

Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

0
learning_codes

Try...
= "Total Average Headcount: " & Format([Count],"#")

--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

<learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was able to set the format on the form.   I am creating inbound box
> like:   ="Total Average Headcount: " & [Count]
>
> I'm getting the result.   "Total Average Headcount:  3222.87777".
>
> Is there a way to change like this  "Total Average Headcount:  3223"
>
> Your help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks.

0
Al

Logical tests between Word form text fields
I have a Drop-Down form field with "Yes" and "No". I want to place the value 4 in a Text form field in the same document if the user selects "Yes" in the Drop-Down field. I set the Text form field to type "Calculation" but can not figure out the formula to use that doesn't return a Syntax error or "Undefined Bookmark, Yes". While I have Word 2007, I need to create this form for users with 2003 and so am using Legacy form fields. Hi jstern, Instead of using a calculation formfield, I'd suggest an ordinary formula field,...

new currency format
How can I add a new currency format? I want to have CCN appear before the amount. select your cell(s) format|cells|number tab|Custom category "CCN"0.00 Maybe???? Poison wrote: > > How can I add a new currency format? I want to have CCN appear before the > amount. -- Dave Peterson <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab, Click on "Custom", and select one of the currency formats that you like. Then, just select the currency sign in the "Type" window, and change it to CNN -- HTH, RD ---------------------------------------------------...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

store the results of a form calculation in a table field
I have read the replies to other similar queries and understand the 'whys' of not storing calculated data. I may be too narrow in my thinking, but can't see any other way of achieving what I need: I am storing geographical (Latitude and Longitude) coordinate data, in the format Degrees, Minutes, Seconds (DMS) with each in its own field. Later in the process I am converting from DMS to decimal using a calculated field in a form. All good so far. For data integrity purposes, I need to be able to prove that each entry is absolutely unique. What I was trying to do to achiev...

Embded form as subform and validation
I have an form name mainform that is login form with cmd buttons to open other forms on click event of button on mainlogin form ,form2 will open on the form 2 i have an embeded subform ,form3 which is based on a query now i created an event form2_beforeupdate(cancel as integer) dim press as string if form!form2!subform!form3.[x] >form!form2!subform!form.[y] then press=msgbox("x can't be > y") cancel=true endif endsub kindly advise what is wrong with code and also advise how to refer such form built on querys to refer on main form events please balu ...

access forms 01-28-10
I am new to Access. There is an existing Access database that I am working with. I can see all the tables, queries and forms. Do forms pull data from tables or are forms their own entity that have their own data source? I was kind of under the impression that both queries and forms have to pull data from a table but I am not sure. I tried to find what the data source for a form was but i could not. All data is stored in tables. Forms have a RecordSource property which can be a table or a query, either as a saved query or as an SQL statement. A query can get data from one o...

Data format
I am trying to run a query between 2 tables based on an account number. The problem I am having is that in one table, the account number is listed as ###-####, where as in the other, the account number is simple a string of 7 numbers. How do I either remove the dash in the first table or run a query that will allow me to match the 2 account numbers even though they are in different forms. I also need to match 2 other tables on account numbers. The problem here is that one field reads, for example, "C 123 4567 2.50 01/10/2007" where as the other reads 1234567. I need to ma...

date formatting 03-22-10
I have an excel sheet which has a date in yyyy/mm/dd format saved on the internal network. other users who open the file do not see this date as the same format as the saved file. could anyone provide as to why this is happening and what can be done to correct it. thanks vandy Sounds like you have not specifically formatted the cell as yyyy/mm/dd. When you don't specifically format a date cell, Excel will look at your Windows default setting and use that, so you will see a date as yyyy/mm/dd and someone else will see it as mm/dd/yy depending on their windows setting. T...

Report data needs to conform to db format
Each month I receive a report, say 200 lines (rows) 8 columns The information is grouped and separated as follows: Date Name Code Div Cost 05/15/04 Jim Bc West 20.00 05/20/04 John CB East 15.00 06/15/04 Judy BC South 35.00 Grp1 70.00 The sample above is a block of 3 the next block might be a block of 1, then 3rd a block of 5 or 7 and so on I'm currently manually Inserting a new column A:A and entering into A2:A4 the "Grp1" whic...

Business Unit Form Customization
It would appear that there are unmapped 'string' fields (specifically: 'fileasname') within the BusinessUnit table that would be suitable for my companies' use, however I am unable to find any simple means of inserting them into the Business Unit form. What suggested, and probably unsupported, methods might I use? Jim, It seems the the BusinessUnit table is locked down and isn't able to be customized in a supported manner. If you look at the Entity table in the Metabase DB, you will notice that there is a column IsCustomizable there. For the BusinessUnit, this valu...

Forms and simple expressions
I am set up a simple expression in a form (Field A+Field B+Field C, etc) and the value that access is calculating is not appearing in the table that I have the form linked too. Any assistance to help explain and correct this would be much appreciated! Did you set its Control Source to the appropriate field in your table? -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "Michael" wrote: > I am set up a simple expression in a form (Field A+Field B+Field C, etc) and > the value that access is calculating is not appearing in the table that I > have the form linked too. Any assistanc...

Custom Sort Order in a Form
Hello, I am trying to set the sort order to a custom setting in an Access Form (2k). I have a field with data "High", "Medium", "Low". If I sort normal the data is viewed High, Low, Medium. I want it to sort H,M,L. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Create a table along the lines of: RatingValue SortOrder High 1 Medium 2 Low 3 Sort on the SortOrder field. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jrizzo77" <jrizzo77@yahoo.c...

Creating a calculated field using dates in a form
I am trying to use dates from 2 fields in a form (HireDate-DOB) to calculate age. Then, using the age, I want to display a message if the age is less than 18. I think I have written a conditional statement correctly, but am unsure where to place it so that the message displays when the condition is met. I am totally new to Access 2007 and VB. You did not say what the content of your 'conditional statement' was and how you plan on using it. What has HireDate to do with it? Is it you want to see if their age is less than 18 on the date of hiring? Then this will c...

Refresh calling form
My main form opens a form that makes changes to the data bound to a subform in my main form. Trying to keep everything as generic as possible, what I want to do is something like this: if strParentName <> "" Then if CurrentProject.AllForms(strParentName).Isloaded Then Forms(strParentName).Filter=Forms(strParentName).Filter (forces refresh) For each <subform> in <Parent form reference> <force a refresh of that subform> Next <subform> endif endif What's the syntax for the "for each..." structure? T...

Conditional Formatting Problems HELP!
I used conditional formatting for the first time to display colors i cells based on the value of the cell. Everything works fine excep when I try to save I get the message "Excel could not save all the dat and formatting you recently added to nnnn.xls". Microsofts kb has an article that says you cannot exceed 2,050 row (Q215783), but I certainly don't have nearly that many rows. I do hav a pretty large number of cells with conditional formatting and wonde if there is some other limitation that I can't find. Everything els about this sheet is very plain stuff. Can anyone ...

NAICS Code
Hello, I have a list of NAICS codes formatted as numbers that I would like to format as hierarchical text. Current List 10 12 101 112 Desired List 10 101 112 12 Does anyone know how to change the cell format so that the "Current List" becomes the "Desired List"? Thank you in advance for your help. It looks like you could preformat that column as text and enter your values as text. Then you could sort the data as text. Some versions of excel will ask if you want to sort values that look like numbers as numbers. You should say no to that prompt. And just changing t...

How do I save to Microsoft Word Document format?
There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on them. The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor, and I can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format, including the attachments. The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as the email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text, or Text. There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format. I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word. I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box for Mic...

When refreshed, some Pivot Table columns retain formatting, some d
I have not had trouble with retaining column widths and column heading formats (font size, word wrap, alignment) in Pivot Tabl. When refreshed, they retain formatting. Here's the weird part, when I add or insert a new data column into the Pivot Table by checking from field list, that new data column does not retain column heading formats (font size, word wrap and alignment settign) like the original columns do. It does however preserver its column width and number formatting. Why is that? How do I tell Excel to preserve column heading formats for newly added ones? I...

Automatic axis format

Creating Formatted Report and Emailing
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how I might send out nicely formatted reports, where the report content is in the body of the email? I have seen a number of threads posted about sending attachments, and that will likely be my "fallback" approach. Trying to avoid attachments, however, as this required folks, who are already in email jail, to take an extra step, which results in them not seeing the report (my reports are communicating significant issues in ongoing projects, and important that they at least "See" the red flags in the report). T...

Printing Form Help
I have set up a database that at the end prints out all reports. I am making a table/form/report that is gonna have optional info on it, which will be accessed from a optional button that can be clicked within the form. If a person clicks this button to enter optional information how can i program access to print that report along with the other reports I have. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 Continuing: I guess I could have access print all pages like it does now but is there a way to get it to ...

msgbox on close of form
Hello all (sorry if this post appears twice, i already sent a post but it has not showed up in the group) I want a msgbox to appear on the close of the form if the following is true, [status] = "engineered" and [bom] = "0" or [status] = "engineered" and [labour] ="0" the form should stay open until one of the above states changes. any help appreciated "Maax" <Maax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E01E720-DAFE-4340-B585-7881B539DBC0@microsoft.com... > Hello all (sorry if this post appears twice, i already se...

format date time combo on a form
Hi all. Firstly thanks to all those that offer advise on these forums. I am linking an access database to a csv file (that I pull out of contact manager because linking the two directly doesn't show all fileds). Anyway, I get a date value such as "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM" for one of the fields. Now i would like to put just the date into a report "dd\mm\yyyy" but no matter what i do, I always get the whole kit and kaboodle (i try mask etc). because the original data is linked I cant modify it so I have to figure out a way to do it on the report. any Ideas? thanks!...

Caption Form doesn't fill in correctly
On some docs, notably saved from Rhapsody Report, the Word Caption form fills in Right to Left instead of Left to Right. Makes it hard to work with it. How do I determine what is wrong and fix it? Memo to Microsoft: This problem would be easier to define if users could attach screen prints... Presumably this happens because your Caption style is defined as right-aligned? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "HighlandsHillbilly" <HighlandsHillbilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...