Date field behavior differs between forms - 79995

I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields.  In one, if I place my
cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left
of the field.  In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the
middle, it starts typing right where I am.  Any ideas?

I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form
and I cannot find what is causing this behavior.  I would love to get both of
them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the
cursor is.

Thanks!

Check the Text Alignment property of both controls (not fields, fields belong
to tables and queries, forms and reports have controls)
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"kscorbet" wrote:

> I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields.  In one, if I place my
> cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left
> of the field.  In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the
> middle, it starts typing right where I am.  Any ideas?
>
> I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form
> and I cannot find what is causing this behavior.  I would love to get both of
> them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the
> cursor is.
>
> Thanks!
Both controls have the Text Align property set to Left.

- Kelly

"Klatuu" wrote:

> Check the Text Alignment property of both controls (not fields, fields belong
> to tables and queries, forms and reports have controls)
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "kscorbet" wrote:
>
> > I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields.  In one, if I place my
> > cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left
> > of the field.  In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the
> > middle, it starts typing right where I am.  Any ideas?
> >
> > I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form
> > and I cannot find what is causing this behavior.  I would love to get both of
> > them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the
> > cursor is.
> >
> > Thanks!

PO Dates
GP 9 sp4 It seems that when you enter a PO and put in the promise date /req date / promise ship dates that these then apply to all of the line items on the PO. However if you later need to change one of the dates it does not roll down to the po line items. Instead if you have a PO for 200 items you would need to individually change each of the dates by line item. Is there anyway once a PO is created to change the PO promise/required dates and roll it down to the line items without having to do each one individually? thanks I wrote a similar article for SOP (http://dynamicsgpblogst...

Location of string differences
I have a problem with comparing two strings, string1 and string2. string2 will be a manually edited version of string1 so will have had words/punctuation added/deleted and characters changed to/from Caps. Comparing the two strings (in vba, Excel 2007) to find if they are identical (case sensitive) is not a problem as I can use strcompar(). but I wish to locate where the differences occur. Detecting the first one would help but it would be nice to continue and find where they now become identical again. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I am using Excel 2007 under Windows XP sp2 a...

calendar template wrong dates
I downloaded a calendar template at: http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010358990.aspx I spent several hours entering information into the months only to find later that the dates were wrong on the calendar. I downloaded: http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010358990.aspx#ai:TC010364905| 2010 calendar with blue border. What is the secret here? endurobob I forgot to say that the days of the week and the dates on the template calendars from Microsoft are wrong for 2010. I don't get it. "endurobob" wrote: > I downloaded a calendar t...

Date and Time 11-30-07
User has a database probably created in Access 97. It was converted to Access 2000 and client has just been reimaged to XP, so she now has Access 2002. User had a field in various places of her database to insert Date and Time. Since getting XP, that shows as '#? Name' any place it is used. She has deleted the code and tried to reinsert Date and Time to no avail. I have Access 2002 and have no problem inserting the Date and Time. Can anyone offer us any advice? -- Brenda What code is she using and where? Is it in a control on a form? In a query? Where exactly. It sho...

Add new records into source table on Form
I created a form for training records. The data source is table TRAINING. The form has Combo box that is used to select employee. When the employee is selected, the employee's data, such as employee_id, manager, phone, training_course display in the form. This part of the form works well. There was new request from my client. It's requsted that when the training_course displayed on the form is changed, the record with new training_course can be added into source table TRAINING. So, I created "Add" buttorn on the form and used append query method to add the recor...

table based i one field splitted in 2 fields
Hi everyone, I have a txt file with product EAN and label quantity to print. 3564700010822 2 3564700010983 5 3564700422687 10 I have a form to print label quantity. What i pretend is "convert" the table in a 2 fields table or query like: ProductCode |Quantity 3564700010822|2 3564700010983|5 3564700422687|10 Any help is apreciated. -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:27:01 -0700, Emanuel Violante <EmanuelViolante@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Inserting Calculation / Expression in a Form
I have my Table trimmed down and working perfectly. I developed a beautiful Form and it also works perfectly. After extensive trial and error I managed to developed a Query that will calculate the totals keyed into the table (via the Form, or the Table) from a series of 9 different fields, all ranging in value from 0 to 5. The calculation is a simple addition for the grand total sum or quantity of all fields. My problem is that I want my Form to have a single (non-editable) field which will auto-calculate the total QTY from these same values that I enter into the Form. My Form is c...

Sum field N times
I would like to sum a specific cell N times. Is there a command to execute this? As I am VBA inept, I am hopeful it can be done without the use of VBA. Thank you. Hi =N*A1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sara Jane wrote: > I would like to sum a specific cell N times. Is there a > command to execute this? As I am VBA inept, I am hopeful > it can be done without the use of VBA. > > Thank you. ...

Forms - Call Data from Another Table
Hi I'm used to using lookups and forms etc but need to do something that I think links queries, VBA (completely new to) and forms: I have a form for creating new applicants I want to build a form that allows the user to search a contacts table on FirstName, MiddleName, Surname; receive a list of matches and then either 1. Select one of the matches which would then populate the applicants table or 2. Reject the matches and create a new record as normal Can you anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks James Sounds like you are asking how to do callbacks. Open a sub form ...

can i change plot area colors for different date ranges
if i want to shade the plot area of a chart diferent colors, for example gray from Jan 1 through Fed 17, then white until March 10, is that possible? Will want to change the shadinging preiodically and fairly frequently. Thank you Hi, You should be able to use the technique explained on Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html Cheers Andy steve wrote: > if i want to shade the plot area of a chart diferent colors, for example gray > from Jan 1 through Fed 17, then white until March 10, is that possible? Will > want to change the shadinging pr...

Date,Time Problem
HI!! We take the difference of two Date/Time Fields having Custom format and Values like this Start Date End Date Cycle Time 2/24/03 16:30 3/25/03 10:11 689:41:41 m/d/yy h:mm m/d/yy h:mm [h]:mm:ss Now I want this Time to be taken as absolute Number expressing it as Hours/Minutes, so that I can take such values for further analysis. But as such it is not possible because Excel always show �Cycle time� value (689:41:41) as �28/01/1900 17:41:41�, and does not yield to any arithmetic operations. H...

Large customizable input form using WordML
Hi All, I need to generate different types of forms and present that to users to fill out. After they fill out I need to have the content in Word. I am coding this in ASP.NET. These are my doubts. 1) Can I present a WordML form as Webpage(aspx, ie Dynamic web pages) 2) Is there any mechanism in the browser so that this WordML display properly and users should be able to input data. 3) Can I extract each and every data that users entered in Webserver(ASP.NET) Thank you Jobi K Joy ...

Address book not up to date
Hello, As we are updating Active Directory and Exchange, our users have several more days their address book not up to date. I rebuild the Recipient Update Service but nothing changes. Bonjour, Alors que nous faisons des mise � jour dans Active Directory et Exchange, nos utilisateurs se retrouvent plusieurs jours avec leur carnet d'adresse pas actualis�. Je reconstruit la mise � jour des destinataires, mais rien ne change. Is there another place where I can set it ?? Thank you in advance, Cyril It happens when you create a new user and you cannot find his name in the "global ...

Link Form to Access Database thru DSN
I am using Front Page 2000 running on Windows 7 What I am trying to figure out is how to create a .ASP page to connect to my Access database I uploaded to my web server provider. At their web service I used their "Manage DSN Records" feature to upload my database and create a link. Then inside the Front Page program I am at the "Insert > Database > Results Wizard trying to make the connection. I'm guessing in here I need to enter the Domain Name, DSN Name, Etc. I have tried every possible combination and just get a error message when I click on verify th...

Global wage data field for employee card
We are a new CAN GP Payroll user and find that having to change each pay code (REG, OT, etc) to their new wage without having it roll down from a master field very time consuming and poses potetial problems if a particular code is left out, calculated wrong, etc. Our previous payroll package was not as good as MGP overall but had a nice feature where changes to salary were made at the employee master card level and changes calculated and rolled down to each associated pay code type that was relevant for that empoyee. In MGP Payroll, if every employee in a company of 300 received a cha...

Pivottable data field
I have noticed that when a field with no values is inserted in the layout as data, one of my pivottable shows this field as part of the pivottable, and on another it is excluded. Why the inconsistentcy? ...

Problem With Form/Subform
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in be...

forward email to a outlook folder according to different mailbox addresses
there is an mailbox with 2 email addresses can i do by rule to forward emails to different outlook folders (same mailbox) according to different email addresses? there is no such rule in Outlook but i find i can do similar thing in "Outlook Express" any help! Thanks a lot. tony use a rule that looks for words in the header. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-req...

Secondary lookup field in CRM 4.0
Hello all. I have a question regarding secondary lookup field within the form of the Opportunity entity on CRM 4.0 (upgraded from 3.0). To be able to display a secondary lookup (pointed to contacts), I have used a JScript (as well as two new attributes) on the form's onLoad event (pasted below). It worked fine on CRM 3.0 but after the upgrade to 4.0, the form doesn't report any JScript error but no lookup field is displayed - only the lookup icon is there and it doesn't respond to clicking. I haven't been able to find what parts of the JScript should be changed in order...

How to get different windows for Excel spreadsheets
This is hard to explain ... when I first got this computer (Windows 2000, Office/Excel 2000) it came with this setting: If I had two spreadsheet files open at one time, there were two different Excel logos in the Taskbar. For a couple of reasons I didn't like it. It took me a long time how to figure how to get rid of it, and I finally did. Now I want it back. The reason is, I have two monitors and want to be able to make each spreadsheet full size in each monitor. It works fine in Word, but I can't remember how I switched it back on there. Thanks. -- Steve M - unspam@houston.r...

Excel 97 default date format
How do I change the default date format to show yyyy rather than yy, please? Geoff Geoff That is controlled by Windows settings. Make changes at Control Panel>Regional Settings for "Short Date" Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:52:59 +0000 (UTC), "GB" <ThisIsNotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote: >How do I change the default date format to show yyyy rather than yy, please? > >Geoff > "Gord Dibben" <gdibben@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:n0ggivkr0gh3h0q79283hoa8rgvd272e6c@4ax.com.....

adding a 2nd look up field to a form or table
I am using Access 2003:( I am creating a database for multiple users. I have a table for case status that is used to indicate different types of cases. There are 4 common status types that are already listed in a drop down list, and only a handful of "other" types that are only used a couple times throughout the table. In order to limit the "other" types to be entered and to limit the data that might be entered in this field I want to create a table of "others" that would be used if "Other" is chosen from the 1st drop down list of status types. ...

Help,Hyperlinks not working same on two different computers
I set up text boxes to be hyperlinked to a cell somewhere else on the same worksheet. Works great on my computer, but when spreadsheet is loaded onto other computers the links go to the cell, but the sheet doesnt have the same view as on my computer what I need for the user to see is offset from the screen. Is there a way to make the same view show no matter what computer the workbook is on from the hyperlink? Need to fix this problem quickly.... Thanks, Barb Hi, Is their screen resolution set the same as yours? (e.g., 1028 X 768, or 800 X 600) jlr >-----Original Message----- >...

Returning a previous date & value based on the current date
Hello, Sorry not sure if the subject describes clearly what i am after. I have a report which is setup as follows (with data going back a few years): Week Beginning Value 18/12/06 43 25/12/06 25 1/1/07 9 8/1/07 36 15/1/07 98 I am after a formula that will return the date and value that is 52 weeks back from the current date. This report will constantly be growing so it would need to be a rolling formula. Any help would be appreciated. Neil =TODAY()+(52*7) if above is in H1, t...

Date range help
I need to create a query in which only data from the prior year will be appended to a new table. So, this year I will need to append data from 2007 only, next year 2008 data only, etc. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks, Tara Can we assume there is a date field in your table that can be used to determine "data from the prior year"? There are some very versatile date functions that you can use to filter your range of records. Open any module and search Help on DateAdd(), DateSerial(), Year(), etc. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help...