Date changing 2028....2029......1930???????

Hello!

I have a slight problem, in my form i have a date section which is automated
as 00/00/00. I use these for part of a report as a from this date to this
date, if you put 010125 it will automatically change it to 01/01/2025. The
thing I have found is that it is fine until you get to 010130 and then it
saves it as 01/01/1930   :-/    any ideas?

Thank You
Jay

evilcowstare

Assuming you're using XP, go to Regional Settings in the Control Panel, and
click on the Customize button. Look on the date tab, and you'll see what
Windows is using as its instructions for interpretting 2 digit years. (It's
there for other versions of Windows as well, but I can't guarantee that the
instructions for finding it are identical)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"evilcowstare via AccessMonster.com" <u31650@uwe> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I have a slight problem, in my form i have a date section which is
> automated
> as 00/00/00. I use these for part of a report as a from this date to this
> date, if you put 010125 it will automatically change it to 01/01/2025. The
> thing I have found is that it is fine until you get to 010130 and then it
> saves it as 01/01/1930   :-/    any ideas?
>
> Thank You
> Jay

Douglas
3/19/2007 5:58:44 PM
evilcowstare via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a slight problem, in my form i have a date section which is
> automated as 00/00/00. I use these for part of a report as a from
> this date to this date, if you put 010125 it will automatically
> change it to 01/01/2025. The thing I have found is that it is fine
> until you get to 010130 and then it saves it as 01/01/1930   :-/
> any ideas?
>
> Thank You
> Jay

That is the curse of using two digit years (remember Y2K?).  In your Windows
Control Panel Regional settings there is a setting that determines what 2
digit value represents the cross-over value for assuming "19" as the first
two digits versus "20".  You can teak that if your app will never be used on
any other PC.  Otherwise the *correct* thing to do is to use a four digit
year.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
3/19/2007 5:59:37 PM
Thanks everyone, guess i should make them 4 digit then lol.

Oh well, stupid pcs lol

Thanks Again to you all
Jay

Ofer Cohen wrote:
>Change the Input mask of the date field, so the user will have to input 4
>digits in the date field, that will solve you the problem
>
>> Hello!
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>> Thank You
>> Jay

evilcowstare
3/19/2007 6:16:18 PM
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:16:18 GMT, "evilcowstare via AccessMonster.com"
<u31650@uwe> wrote:

>Thanks everyone, guess i should make them 4 digit then lol.
>
>Oh well, stupid pcs lol

ummm...

Don't blame the PC.

My late friend Anita was born in '97. So was one of her great-granddaughters.

What century is 8/1/28 in? That depends on the context; if it's somebody's
birthdate then presumably it's the 20th century; if it's the maturity date of
a thirty-year bond it's probably in the 21st. But without knowing what the
user intends it is ambiguous. The "stupid" PC must make some sort of
reasonable guess, or should simply disallow the two-digit shortcut.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
3/19/2007 7:57:27 PM
Then you would have thought it would just stick to one and not change after
29 yrs
I still think it is stupid :-)  lol

John W. Vinson wrote:
>>Thanks everyone, guess i should make them 4 digit then lol.
>>
>>Oh well, stupid pcs lol
>
>ummm...
>
>Don't blame the PC.
>
>My late friend Anita was born in '97. So was one of her great-granddaughters.
>
>What century is 8/1/28 in? That depends on the context; if it's somebody's
>birthdate then presumably it's the 20th century; if it's the maturity date of
>a thirty-year bond it's probably in the 21st. But without knowing what the
>user intends it is ambiguous. The "stupid" PC must make some sort of
>reasonable guess, or should simply disallow the two-digit shortcut.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

evilcowstare
3/19/2007 8:17:20 PM
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in

> Assuming you're using XP, go to Regional Settings in the Control
> Panel, and click on the Customize button. Look on the date tab,
> and you'll see what Windows is using as its instructions for
> interpretting 2 digit years. (It's there for other versions of
> Windows as well, but I can't guarantee that the instructions for
> finding it are identical)

You can't really give instructions for WinXP any more for using
Control Panel, because they introduced the ridiculously useless
category view.

In Win2K, you just open the Regional Settings tool and go to the
Date tab. That's much simpler than your instructions. What, exactly,
did MS think they were improving by making it more complicated in
WinXP?

(this is exactly why I've always rejected WinXP -- it adds
complexity where none is needed, and tries to bleed it away (e.g.,
security) where it is essential)

David
3/19/2007 9:41:18 PM
David W. Fenton wrote:
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
>
>> Assuming you're using XP, go to Regional Settings in the Control
>> Panel, and click on the Customize button. Look on the date tab,
>> and you'll see what Windows is using as its instructions for
>> interpretting 2 digit years. (It's there for other versions of
>> Windows as well, but I can't guarantee that the instructions for
>> finding it are identical)
>
> You can't really give instructions for WinXP any more for using
> Control Panel, because they introduced the ridiculously useless
> category view.
>
> In Win2K, you just open the Regional Settings tool and go to the
> Date tab. That's much simpler than your instructions. What, exactly,
> did MS think they were improving by making it more complicated in
> WinXP?
>
> (this is exactly why I've always rejected WinXP -- it adds
> complexity where none is needed, and tries to bleed it away (e.g.,
> security) where it is essential)

First thing I do on every XP box is switch Control Panel to "Classic View".
Or are you referring to something else?

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick
3/19/2007 9:53:44 PM
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:17:20 GMT, "evilcowstare via AccessMonster.com"
<u31650@uwe> wrote:

>Then you would have thought it would just stick to one and not change after
>29 yrs
>I still think it is stupid :-)  lol

Think about it.

Do you want 06 to refer to 2006? Sure. That's last year.

Is it ok, then, to have 99 refer to 2099? Probably not; 1999 was only eight
years ago.

If you DO want all two-digit years to refer to 21st century dates, go for it:
follow the instructions elsewhere in the thread.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
3/20/2007 12:35:36 AM
I know exactly what your talking about, same as what other people said, I
just found it strange how there is a cut off at 2029 thats all.
Thanks for the help you did give

John W. Vinson wrote:
>>Then you would have thought it would just stick to one and not change after
>>29 yrs
>>I still think it is stupid :-)  lol
>
>Think about it.
>
>Do you want 06 to refer to 2006? Sure. That's last year.
>
>Is it ok, then, to have 99 refer to 2099? Probably not; 1999 was only eight
>years ago.
>
>If you DO want all two-digit years to refer to 21st century dates, go for it:
>follow the instructions elsewhere in the thread.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

evilcowstare
3/20/2007 12:44:51 AM
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
>
>> Assuming you're using XP, go to Regional Settings in the Control
>> Panel, and click on the Customize button. Look on the date tab,
>> and you'll see what Windows is using as its instructions for
>> interpretting 2 digit years. (It's there for other versions of
>> Windows as well, but I can't guarantee that the instructions for
>> finding it are identical)
>
> You can't really give instructions for WinXP any more for using
> Control Panel, because they introduced the ridiculously useless
> category view.
>
> In Win2K, you just open the Regional Settings tool and go to the
> Date tab. That's much simpler than your instructions. What, exactly,
> did MS think they were improving by making it more complicated in
> WinXP?
>
> (this is exactly why I've always rejected WinXP -- it adds
> complexity where none is needed, and tries to bleed it away (e.g.,
> security) where it is essential)

In the Category view, "Date, Time, Language and Regional Options" is one of
the categories, and from there you can still choose the "Regional and
Language Options" icon.  (You're right, though, that I could have been more
explicit, but like Rick I always switch to Classic View, so I sometimes
forget about the "alternative" approach)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)

0
Douglas
3/20/2007 11:03:16 AM
"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in

> David W. Fenton wrote:
>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Assuming you're using XP, go to Regional Settings in the Control
>>> Panel, and click on the Customize button. Look on the date tab,
>>> and you'll see what Windows is using as its instructions for
>>> interpretting 2 digit years. (It's there for other versions of
>>> Windows as well, but I can't guarantee that the instructions for
>>> finding it are identical)
>>
>> You can't really give instructions for WinXP any more for using
>> Control Panel, because they introduced the ridiculously useless
>> category view.
>>
>> In Win2K, you just open the Regional Settings tool and go to the
>> Date tab. That's much simpler than your instructions. What,
>> exactly, did MS think they were improving by making it more
>> complicated in WinXP?
>>
>> (this is exactly why I've always rejected WinXP -- it adds
>> complexity where none is needed, and tries to bleed it away
>> (e.g., security) where it is essential)
>
> First thing I do on every XP box is switch Control Panel to
> "Classic View". Or are you referring to something else?

Well, sure. I also switch the interface to Classic. And I turn on
display of extensions and hidden files. And I turn off Simple
Networking. And a whole host of other things that have the wrong
settings in the default installation.

But if you're giving instructions for how to do something with
Control Panel, you have to realize that not everybody has the same
view -- they may be using the default Category View.

David
3/20/2007 2:46:28 PM

> "David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Assuming you're using XP, go to Regional Settings in the Control
>>> Panel, and click on the Customize button. Look on the date tab,
>>> and you'll see what Windows is using as its instructions for
>>> interpretting 2 digit years. (It's there for other versions of
>>> Windows as well, but I can't guarantee that the instructions for
>>> finding it are identical)
>>
>> You can't really give instructions for WinXP any more for using
>> Control Panel, because they introduced the ridiculously useless
>> category view.
>>
>> In Win2K, you just open the Regional Settings tool and go to the
>> Date tab. That's much simpler than your instructions. What,
>> exactly, did MS think they were improving by making it more
>> complicated in WinXP?
>>
>> (this is exactly why I've always rejected WinXP -- it adds
>> complexity where none is needed, and tries to bleed it away
>> (e.g., security) where it is essential)
>
> In the Category view, "Date, Time, Language and Regional Options"
> is one of the categories, and from there you can still choose the
> "Regional and Language Options" icon.  (You're right, though, that
> I could have been more explicit, but like Rick I always switch to
> Classic View, so I sometimes forget about the "alternative"
> approach)

I suspect that most of us who are answering questions here do the
same thing.

But we have to make our answers usable for the people who *don't*
know the things we do!

And that's extremely hard to remember how to dom in many cases.

David
3/20/2007 2:47:29 PM

> just found it strange how there is a cut off at 2029 thats all.

Where would you want the cutoff to be?

That is, how would you want your computer to guess what you mean?

David
3/20/2007 2:48:22 PM
> I suspect that most of us who are answering questions here do the
> same thing.
>
> But we have to make our answers usable for the people who *don't*
> know the things we do!
>
> And that's extremely hard to remember how to dom in many cases.

I generally focus on the answer to the question asked.

"Change the setting in Windows Control Panel"

If the poster doesn't know how to do that then that is a separate question.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick
3/20/2007 2:52:51 PM
Well you would have thought that the people that designed access would have
put it in as an option, so you can decide where the years should start from
yourself. So for example if you put 2001 then it would automatically change
any date from that so if you put 30 it would know it would be 2030 not 1930.
There seems to be lots of things access could have done to make life a lot
easier.
Oh well

David W. Fenton wrote:
>> just found it strange how there is a cut off at 2029 thats all.
>
>Where would you want the cutoff to be?
>
>That is, how would you want your computer to guess what you mean?

evilcowstare
3/20/2007 2:53:56 PM
It IS an option, not in Access itself, but in Windows.

As I've already said, you need to look at Regional Settings to change it.

--

> Well you would have thought that the people that designed access would
> have
> put it in as an option, so you can decide where the years should start
> from
> yourself. So for example if you put 2001 then it would automatically
> change
> any date from that so if you put 30 it would know it would be 2030 not
> 1930.
> There seems to be lots of things access could have done to make life a lot
> easier.
> Oh well
>

> David W. Fenton wrote:
>>> just found it strange how there is a cut off at 2029 thats all.
>>
>>Where would you want the cutoff to be?
>>
>>That is, how would you want your computer to guess what you mean?

Douglas
3/20/2007 3:24:00 PM
yeah i know its an option in windows but thats only good if its going to be
on just one pc, if it moves about then it would have been good to have
something in access that you can set so that the db picks up on the settings
you have chosen automatically

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>It IS an option, not in Access itself, but in Windows.
>
>As I've already said, you need to look at Regional Settings to change it.
>
>> Well you would have thought that the people that designed access would
>> have
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>>
>>>That is, how would you want your computer to guess what you mean?

evilcowstare
3/20/2007 3:29:19 PM

> yeah i know its an option in windows but thats only good if its
> going to be on just one pc, if it moves about then it would have
> been good to have something in access that you can set so that the
> db picks up on the settings you have chosen automatically

But that's the whole point why you need to eliminate the problem by
requiring 4-digit entry of years. You're quite right that you don't
want the behavior of your application to change just because it's on
a different PC, and when Y2K happened, I was among those who wished
that there was a setting internal to Access for this.

But MS is often not very smart about things they put in Access. For
instance, Autocorrect (not Name Autocorrect, which is an abomination
of another type) is a component shared between all the Office
programs, and it's based on user-entered data. But Access defaults
to Autocorrect being ON in all textboxes and combo boxes. It's not
such a tragedy for textboxes, but it's the stupidest thing on the
planet for combo boxes. I first encountered this in an app where a
user was trying to choose an item from a dropdown list and when they
chose it, the Access said "not a valid item from the list." Why? It
was changing "cafe" as it was spelled in the dropdown text to "caf�"
because that was an Autocorrect entry, and "caf�" wasn't one of the
choices!

So, sometimes MS's efforts towards "ease of use" conflict with the
goals of a database program, where you want to insure the validity
and accuracy of data. Because of that, you as a developer have to
take responsibility for overriding these default MS configurations,
which means you have to force 4-digit entry of years or write your
own validation code, and you have to make sure you go through and
turn off Autocorrect on all your dropdown lists.

David

Changing newsgroup servers...how?
I have been trying without success to access news groups on news.individual.net... but I keep getting an error message Outlook express was unable to switch to newsgroup***** on the server news.individual.net. 480 Authentication required Configuration Account. news.individual.net Server news.individual.net Any suggestions please Andy The news server requires you to supply a userid and password in order to access it. Did you configure the account properties correctly? "laroffie" <laroffie@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:cfo5v7$f1b$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr... &g...

The ability to change multiple activity due dates at once
I would find it extremely helpful when I have multiple activities that are due on the same date and I want to change the due date to be able to change them all at once rather than having to open each one separately and then changing the due date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

Change display name #2
Hello, Currently we're hosting 4 domains. To keep everything organized I've added the location name to the users' display name. Example: LOC1_Bob Smith, LOC2_Tom Smith. This is something we want to show in the users' To: box when using outlook. The drawback is when emails are sent to the "outside" those recipients see that display name too. Is there another/better way of doing this? Thank you, Chris Pirillo <chrisp516@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > > > Currently we're hosting 4 domains. To keep everything organized I've > ...

Unexpected 'Save Changes in Book1' prompt
Running Office 2000 Whenever I exit a workbook I now get the following prompt: 'do you want to save the changes you made to Book 1' I've repaired my Office installation, but this had no effect. Any ideas? There are some worksheet functions that are volatile--that are recalculated when excel recalcs. AREAS() CELL() INDIRECT() ROWS() COLUMNS() NOW() TODAY() RAND() Any of these functions in formulas could make excel think your workbook has changed. Glynn Taylor wrote: > > Running Office 2000 > > Whenever I exit a w...

Date numbering out of order in Outlook 07
Hi guys, I am a function organiser and within Outlook I have mail files for each event I am running. So for example, I would have a mail folder set up that looks like this: 12 December 1 Dec Pharmacy Guild 6 Dec 15 Dec Event Central 25 Dec Christmas Day But what I find is that Outlook puts things in a different order than I would expect and so I have ended up with this: [IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/6kz8umq.jpg[/IMG] Is there a work around (other than renaming every sub-folder a-z)? Thanks in advance for help on sorting in order, Jo Actually, none of your sub-folders a...

Add time to a date time group
Hi, thanks for any help in advance I have my date and time displayed in this format dd hhmm "K" mmm yy which shows up as 03 1800 K Sep 08. I would like a formula that will add 30 min to this time group so it becomes 03 1830 K Sep 08 Assume your date/time is in A1, then you can do this in another cell: =3DA1+30/24/60 Format the cell in the same way as A1 (using the Format Painter icon). Times are stored in Excel as fractions of a 24-hour day, hence the divisions by 24 and 60. Hope this helps. Pete On Sep 4, 12:28=A0am, Patrick <Patr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Receivable Document Date
I noticed for a past transaction that a receivable was post dated while the posting date was the correct date. What is the best way to correct this? Can I do this through the database? Lynn, The best way to do this is to void the original transaction and re- enter it. This will provide a complete audit trail. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com What is your Posting Setup? Is it "Post To GL" or "Post Thru' GL"? In case of "Post To GL", it is possible as the posting of Receivable could be in a past date and t...

Dating 6 events for 5 groups on a 18 month cycle
I have been trying tocalendarise 6 key dates in a cycle for 5 groups Each group A,B,and C all have different start dates to their cycle in the 18 month period - after that time it all repeats itself. Is there anyway this can be done I also need to find some way of labelling these key dates - Thanks no Denise - Despite Colin's certainty that it can't be done, I suspect all it requires is a better statement of your problem. Are you talking about a Gantt chart? If so, check out some of the links on this web page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html - Jon ------- ...

auto email if cell value changed
I'm using a workbook to schedule staff. Each month is a worksheet then I have some counts that are done. The days of the month are in the top row and the names of the staff in the first column. We've set up autorefresh on web pages so the schedule is always available but... people still don't notice shift changes. I want excel to generate an email to the person (we're running exchange too) if a cell value is changed. I was thinking of a couple of steps. 1. So they only get emails about the current month and the month ahead -- Have a cell at the top with YES/NO in i...

how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th".
how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such as "3rd of April 2010". when i run my program the words that appears onthe screen was 3-Apr-10. can you help me solve this problem? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:47:01 -0700, cristin wrote: > how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am > working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such > as &q...

start and end date of given date
Hi All, What's the easiest way to get the start and end date for a given date. The Mon thru Sun dates. Thanks, rodchar You can use known Monday and Sunday dates and calculate based on current date (or any parameter date): -- '20010101' is known Monday -- '20010107' is known Sunday SELECT DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010101') AS monday_for_date, DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010107') AS sunday_for_date; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQ...

Help needed on date()
Can anybody please tell me if, and how, I can use the date() funtion in excel for dates lying before 1900. The problem is that I'm trying to fill up columns with dates from a 19th century journal. thanks in advance D. Gerling Take a look at the following: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm MRO "Delano Gerling" <delano@gerling.demon.nl> wrote in message news:vm99477u8k7mdc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anybody please tell me if, and how, I can use the date() funtion in > excel for dates lying before 1900. > > The problem is that I'm trying to f...

Hide Change Sales Stage
Is it possible to hide the change sales stage option in opportunity so the stages can not be changed manually? You can prevent the user from changing stage or applying rule by removing create privilege from Process Instance entity, form the user security role. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "MC_Develop" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the change sales stage option in opportunity so the > stages can not be changed manually...

changing margins
This is probably a really stupid question, but how the heck do I change the page margins? I'm making a flyer, and it looks squished into the middle, with well over an inch of ugly, empty white space around everything. Thanks! By the way, I'm using Publisher 2000, and I didn't start with a design template or use the wizard or anything. "J Brydle" wrote: > This is probably a really stupid question, but how the heck do I change the page margins? I'm making a flyer, and it looks squished into the middle, with well over an inch of ugly, empty white space around every...

change range of relative formulas to absolute
Excel 2003. I'd like to change an entire range of cell formulas from relative to absolute. Mark You would need VBA to make global changes to cell references. Here are four........ Sub Absolute() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection If cell.HasFormula Then cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _ xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute) End If Next End Sub Sub AbsoluteRow() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection If cell.HasFormula Then cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _ xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn) ...

Change dollar amt to written form
Is there a formula on changing numerical dollar amt to their written-out form? If there is, can you tell me? Hi, There are several versions of this available, I like this one http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm Mike "Shihachi" wrote: > Is there a formula on changing numerical dollar amt to their written-out > form? If there is, can you tell me? There is: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/213360 Micky "Shihachi" wrote: > Is there a formula on changing numerical dollar amt to their written-out > form? If there i...

Changing Bill Account Number
I am trying to change the account number that coincides with a telephone bill. (The account number changed when I moved). But when I go into the account details and click the link for 'Account number', the account number field is grayed out and not editable. I've been paying this bill online using a debit card for the past few months because I cannot change this number. Back in October, when they reassigned my old phone number to somebody new, my bill was payed to the wrong account. (I am still fighting this too). Why is it so hard to change bill account numbers in this...

Filtering rows with tracked changes
Hi I am trying to work out how to filter the rows that have been updated over a period of a couple of days. I understand that you can highlight records with tracked changes in a certain time period � but I would like to be able to just have those rows that have highlighted cells to look at. Any ideas out there? You can list changes on a new sheet but it doesn't allow you to see the whole row. Cheers, Mike P.s � is it possible to highlight changes between dates � I can only see highlighting changes since � ...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

Request between week ending date
I am currently using a query that request a "start date" and an "end date", I would like to change the request to "Week ending date" and include information 7 day back. What would I have to change to get this information? In the Criteria row under your date field, you currently have: Between [start date] And [end date] Try: Between [week ending date] - 6 And [week ending date] It is always a good idea to declare date parameters. In query design view, choose Parameters on the Query menu. Enter into the dialog: [week ending date] Date...

How do I Change the Column Names (Re-Name A -
I want to Change the Column Headings from letters to actual names. How do I do that? hi this can not be done. excel needs these to find/remember where everthing is on the spreadsheet grid. you can change the letters to numbers but that is it. on the 2003 menu bar... tools>options>general tab. check R1C1 reference style. or you can get rid of the letters all togeather. on the 2003 menu bar.... tools>options>view tab>uncheck row & column headers. but they are still there, just not visible. usually when someone want to wants to get rid of the column header letters, they u...

change asset lable if asset are already retired
Hi, Can I remove the value in Asset_Label field for FA00100 if the Asset is already retired because retired assets cannot be seen in the Asset General Information? Try it in your test system and let us know :-) Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "mel" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I remove the value in Asset_Label field for FA00100 if the Asset is > already retired because retired assets cannot be seen in the Asset General...

Is there a posibbility to change/modify the Legends
Could we customise the Chart legends without changing the Data Series ? Hi, No, the legend and data series will display the same formatting. Depending on the chart type you could add extra data series with no actual data. Format the legend entries as required and then delete the legend entries of the actual data. Cheers Andy Ash wrote: > Could we customise the Chart legends without changing the Data Series ? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Depends on what exactly you want to change. Can you explain what yoru trying to do? "Andy Pope" wrote:...