datasheet subform scroll bar missing from initial record

I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in
datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does
not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more
records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other
records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move
down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the
top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not
show any dividing lines between rows. Once a user navigates to a record in
the main form that does have enough records in the subform to require scroll
bars the scroll bars will appear. Simply navigating ahead one record and then
back to the initial record is sufficient. It seems that this is only a
problem for the initial record in a session.

Is this a known problem or is it something peculiar to my application? Can
this be fixed?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Paul

access 2003 jumps to first record of form when switching to another application
Hi, does anyone know what causes access (2003) to jump to the first record of a form when you switch to another application? I have a main form with a tab control. Each tab has various forms/subforms. This behavior is happening with single forms, continuous forms, and datasheet forms. It's really disconcerting when your working on a record to have the application jump to another record everytime you switch to another app. The database is split into front/backend. Many Thanks ...

Path to Outlook.pst is Missing / For Back Up
I've always backed up Outlook by simply copying the entire Outlook.pst file to CD in one shot. Now I can't get to the exact location. The correct path is: C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst But now, within 'Mark,' there's no Local Settings folder. What happened? How do I find it? Make sure you can view hidden files and folders; Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab View -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed wi...

Continuous form scrolling
Does scrolling the data on a continuous form trigger any events? I want to be able to know if the displayed rows have changed. Is Timer my only option? Using the native Access Timer is generally frowned upon for a production MDB. The alternative is to subclass the form. This is quite complicated as you absolutely must control the closing/teardown process of your app as Access closes.Finally, the sublassing code should reside in an external DLL produced in VB or C++. Perhaps there is a simpler solution available. What exactly do you need to accomplish? -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://ww...

Outlook 2003 email content missing, headers ok, HELP!
Running XP Pro and Outlook 2003, AVG and AntiVIR 6.0. Outlook was running fine and then all of a sudden, I'm still getting emails but the content is missing. I can see the header just fine but absolutely blank screen in the body. HELP! Thanks so much! lrunyan <latitudesllc@comcast.net> wrote: > Running XP Pro and Outlook 2003, AVG and AntiVIR 6.0. Outlook was > running fine and then all of a sudden, I'm still getting emails but > the content is missing. I can see the header just fine but absolutely > blank screen in the body. HELP! > Thanks so much! 1) You shou...

Can journal record new file types?
Basically, can it *automatically* receord new file types, like acrobat fies, that are created or accessed? Sure I can drag and drop to the journal but that's a hassle. ANy help on how to do this automatically would be appreciated. ...

workflow update record only after form is closed
Hi, I use a workflow (from the workflow wizard) to populate an attribute taken from associated entity, which is the primary in 1: N relationship . I use "when a record is created" as well as "when record attributes are chenged", then "Add waitng condition->wait untill", then specify the lookup field that trigges the update, then "Update Entity" (specifying a text filed that is supposed to take the value from the associated entity and copy it to the other entity (the "N" in the relationship). Altough I save the record after the chang...

Media Center Wont Record Items on the Recording Shedule
I have marked "Record the Series" on several TV Programs and the red dot is showing were ever it is required to accord with this schedule. Yet it does not record I am running Windows 7 32 bit and the copy I am using is a week old rebuild making a new copy When I look at the guide whilst the program is playing live it has the message "This program will be recorded" It should be recording now but isnt and it does not start. So far I have carried out the following checks 1.Recording is set to go to the D Drive where there are two relevant folders included in...

Big Distribution List: no record found? MS2007
I have upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I have a big distribution list with more than 200 email addresses in my contacts. Prior to the upgrade, I have saved my .pab in FREECOM drive as a "backup". After the upgrade, I can't found any record in this big distribution list, this big one is completely empty. However I do have other distributin lists with less records. I checked my "backup" PAB with the other computer using 2003, it was available. Would you please let me know how do I get all the records in my new upgraded 2007 ! Appreciate very much ! k...

tool bar missing
I accidentally moved the excel up so that the toolbar is above the screen. How do I move it back down since I can't see the tool bar to grab it? R-click it in the Taskbar, pick Move, press the Down Arrow key. JK wrote: > I accidentally moved the excel up so that the toolbar is above the screen. > How do I move it back down since I can't see the tool bar to grab it? Goto the windows status bar at the bottom of your screen. Right-click the Excel tab and pick Maximize. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201002 "JK" wrote: > I accidentally mov...

CDaoDatabase ::unable to initialize dao/jet db engine.
Hi Group That the error message i am getting when i try to do database opreation at my client's pc. But it works im my pc where i develop it. All dll in use is present at both system but this one thing i find lacking at my clients pc. in the Data Link Properties i dont find "Microsoft Jet 3.51 OLE DB Provider" entry only Jet 4.0 exist. 1)How to add this provider entry. 2)My program is loading msjet35.dll during runtime so most likey i am using Jet 3.51 .. how to switch to Jet 4.0 the reason i am using CDaoDatabase is because using CDatabase&CRecordset we cant set fie...

How do I get an email delivery status bar. . .
on Outlook like the one in Outlook Express ? Is there an Add in or Plug in for this around? Thanks. . . ...

Exclude Records based on a joined field?
Hi, I have a table containing transaction data which includes a 'SoldDate' field. This table contains records relating to all days of the week. However, I want to exclude records relating to Saturdays in some of my queries. So I have imported another table containing the dates of all Saturdays. I can add this table to my queries and join the two date fields to select all Saturdays, but how do I do likewise to *exclude* all Saturdays. In effect, not include records where the joined fields are equal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Jason You do not need a ...

adding new records

Unbound Form w/ a Subform
This has worked many times before, but now... The App's Main Form (only one Form and one Subform in the entire App) has 3 Tabs...unbound Controls on Tabs 1 and 3, and a Subform on Tab 2. The Subform's RecordSource is a Query where the criterion is..... [Forms]![frmMain]![TheDate]. When opening an existing Record (a Date on Tab 1, when entered, fills all unbound Controls for an existing Record, or lets the User know it's a New Record.) Opening an existing Record, and clicking Tab 2 places the Cursor in the first Record of the Subform...which displays the "pencil", but ...

Outlook 2002 missing DLL file.
Downloaded above from IPAQ disc but get folowing error:"Unable to display the folder. MO could not access the spwcified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.dll." I've uninstalled and installed twice but to avail. Any suggestions? OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058&Product=offxp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion...

'Scrolling' bitmaps
If I have a bitmap being shown which is say 200px high and I want to replace it with another bitmap (programatically selected). I want the first bitmap to gradually scroll up (or down) and the second bitmap to also scroll up (or down) replacing the vacated area, the whole sequence to take say 2 seconds. What is the best way to achieve this ? "Ian Semmel" <isemmelNOJUNK@NOKUNKrocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:%23hNdQyfNJHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > If I have a bitmap being shown which is say 200px high and I want to > replace it with another bitmap (progr...

Remove URL in IE7 Title Bar Windows
I just recently upgraded to IE7 and using CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade, the URL shows in the title bar of CRM followed by the title. When I have multiple records open i can not tell which one is which since the title does not show like it did in the previous verison of IE. Is there a fix for this or something that would show the title instead of the URL? Thanks e.g. http://<crmserver>/?id=<GUID> - Title. I have got exactly the same problem. Do you have a suggestion? (other than opening new tabs). ...

Page Numbers Now Missing
We've just upgraded to MS Office Professional 2003. My MS Access reports used to be able to print page numbers, but now, they're no longer working! Instead, each page prints #Name (italicized). I've tried to re-enter the function via the INSERT PAGE NUMBERS, but to no avail. Any thoughts? Hi, Try placing a textbox in the page footer section and place this in the control source of the textbox: ="Page " & [Page] & " of " & [Pages] If this doesn't work, try creating a new report with any selection of fields just to see if it happens on ...

Auto number records when a form opens
Hi, I have a table that contains fields: Title, Location, etc. and a number field. Is it possible than when I open a continious form that displays the data from the table that the number field would be changed to reflect the order of the records in the form? In other words for the first record the number field would have the number 1, second record the number 2, etc. I'm looking at having various forms sorted by the different fields and I want the records in each form to start with the number 1. This may be strange, but there is madness behind my interest. Thanks for you...

warning
Hi All, The following are two lines from my code (it works fine). CProfiCADPEDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); CString ls_libPath = pDoc->GetLibPath(); Getting warning warning C4189: 'pDoc' : local variable is initialized but not referenced Anyone any idea what is going on? Thanks for reading Vaclav "Vaclav" <no@spam.please> schrieb im Newsbeitrag = news:O$6SfY7WGHA.4452@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi All, >=20 > The following are two lines from my code (it works fine). >=20 >=20 > CProfiCADPEDoc* pDoc =3D GetDocument(); > CString ls_libPat...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

Onenote print driver missing
Hello, I recently bought a new computer and re-installed my Office 2007. My computer runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7. All of my office programs seem to work fine except for onenote - I am unable to insert files as printouts or print any document with the onenote printer. I have run the Office Diagnostics several times and have tried repairing my installation of office but it has not fixed the problem. This is a really big problem for me and I can't find out anywhere how I would go about fixing this. Thank you! You can stop running diagnostics: http://blogs.ms...

missing data on Pivot table
The pivot table I have created from my accounts spreadsheet will not show 2 of the items listed in the spreadsheet unless I change the value. When I put the correct value in and refresh it dissapears again. What is the data that's causing the problem? Aannd wrote: > The pivot table I have created from my accounts spreadsheet will not show 2 > of the items listed in the spreadsheet unless I change the value. When I put > the correct value in and refresh it dissapears again. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

One Note Icon missing in outlook?
I recently installed One Note and am unable to find and use it's Icon in Outlook. ...

Outlook QuickLink to contact record from e-mail
is there a shortcut or QuickLink to open a contact record belonging to the e-mail address of an opened e-mail? thank you Jerry ihatehairloss wrote: > is there a shortcut or QuickLink to open a contact record belonging to > the > e-mail address of an opened e-mail? thank you Jerry Sure - right click on the address and choose look up contact. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/) 'Outlook Tips by email' (mailto:dailytips-subscri...