Creating data in one from from another

I have a DB that has two seperate data forms i want to be able to open one
form from the other and insert some detaisl from the first form into it.

eg. Form one has asset field there is a button to open second form i want it
to link with the form record and input the asset number.
--
Thanks for you help

One way of doing this is by 'pushing' the value like this:

  DoCmd.OpenForm "Firstformname", acNormal
  Forms!Secondformname.Fieldname = Forms!firstformname.Form.fieldname

Replace the firstformname with your mainform and the fieldname you want to
push (e.g. assetnumber)
Replace the secondformname with the form which you are opening and replace
the fieldname with the fieldname in your secondform in which you want to
place the pushed value (e.g. assetnumber)

hth

--
Maurice Ausum

"mjcppe" wrote:

> I have a DB that has two seperate data forms i want to be able to open one
> form from the other and insert some detaisl from the first form into it.
>
> eg. Form one has asset field there is a button to open second form i want it
> to link with the form record and input the asset number.
> --
> Thanks for you help

How do I create a sample in Excel?

if cell is text move left one column

Data migration - Adventure Works

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Can't create the item #2

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...

Bank One Download is not working